Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 (36837 Views)

Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation / Fashola Renovating Lagos State Government House Ahead Of May 29th Handover(Pics / People Waiting Infront Of Tinubu's House Ahead Of Tomorrow's Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by AndyCole16(m): 6:19am On May 16, 2015
May 29 handover: Jonathan relocates to Glass House as renovation of President’s residence reaches advanced stage

President Goodluck Jonathan has relocated from his main official residence at the Presidential Villa to another section of the vast complex,preparatory to his exit from office in less than two weeks.

He and his family have moved to the Glass House to allow for the renovation of the main official residence of the president for its next occupan, General Muhammadu Buhari, investigation has shown.

President Jonathan is scheduled to conduct Buhari and Vice President-electYemi Osinbajo round the complex on Thursday, May 27.

Reliable sources said the President and his wife have moved their personal belongings out of the official residence to their Otuoke,Bayelsa State residence.

The movement of their belongings commenced soon after the release of the result of the March 28 presidential election.

One of the sources said: “ I can confirm to you that most of the first family’s property have left the State House.

“The President is now staying in the Glass House with very few belongings.

“Intensive renovation of the President’s residence is going on now. Minor repairs are going on in some parts of the house. Cleaning and repainting of the entire residence with white paint is in progress.”

The furnishing aspect of the renovation will wait until the incoming president takes over.

He will be the one to determine the kind of furniture he wants .

The source applies to the flowers around the residence.

Renovation of the President’s office, according to another source, will also wait until Buhari assumes office.

The colour of the painting and furniture for the office will be done to his taste.

Another source said: ”The State House staff are in high spirit, waiting and hoping that the promised change of the incoming government will benefit them and the nation at large.”

The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati was not in the office yesterday afternoon and could not be reached on telephone to get his views on the latest development.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/may-29-handover-jonathan-relocates-to-glass-house-as-renovation-of-presidents-residence-reaches-advanced-stage/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by wwwbabe(f): 6:26am On May 16, 2015
Awh. so sweet
maturity at play here
this is what nigeria needs.
nigeria is for all of us
gej well done
gmb welcome on board
i love democracy
i love this country

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by lokito: 6:27am On May 16, 2015
wwwbabe:
Awh. so sweet
maturity at play here
this is what nigeria needs.
nigeria is for all of us
gej well done
gmb welcome on board
i love democracy
i love this country

Maturity abi Mediocrity? That guy wasted our time in this country. I hate 'statics'

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by fzero: 6:27am On May 16, 2015
From rock to glass. this life ehn

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by MrScript(m): 6:32am On May 16, 2015
fzero:
From rock to glass. this life ehn
To river as a Fisher man.. Buh still, GEJ s a leader indeed.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by fzero: 6:46am On May 16, 2015
MrScript:

To river as a Fisher man.. Buh still, GEJ s a leader indeed.
no doubt abt it, but he was surrounded by bad advisers.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by realtestament(m): 6:57am On May 16, 2015
All i see is gud man leaving office 2 a man we dnt rili knw yet...
*Lord, Let ya will be done in dis country*

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Nobody: 7:11am On May 16, 2015
I'm sick of hearing people call G.E.J a hero, the guy lost, what is expected of a looser?? No be to surrender? Even with the trillions he spent, he lost with a wide margin, now tell me, do ya'all think he doesnt know that if he doesnt accept defeat he wont even live to tell the tale? The fact that Dis guy lost and accepted defeat doesnt make him a hero, it simply makes him a good looser. QED

All of you quoting my post should look back at what Nigeria used to be like b4 G.E.J assumed office, if you find that Jonathan Goodluck worsened the situation of virtually everything in this country since 2011 then y'all can go play for sh*t for all i dont care. Electricity,transportation,petroleum,health care,infrastructure nothing is working! Nigerians voted him out of power based on his incompetence let him live with that.

And for those of you talking about G.M.B not accepting defeat in 2011; Newsflash! This is 2015, everything has been digitalised, Nigerians even got live feeds of election results on the go. So what i'm saying is, Buhari must've had concrete reasons to believe he never lost which we never knew because info was limited, but Jona cannot even dare to tell us he never lost, not when we've stopped depending on NTA to tell us our fate during elections. This is not 2011. Him for reject the results make i see angry

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Pheals(f): 7:11am On May 16, 2015
U don use our moola build glass house....u don create justi in your family and otuoke...imagine buhari determine new furniture and setting...so does one thare before are now useless..how much will these cost
Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by omenka(m): 7:32am On May 16, 2015
Hope he'd be on ground to receive the trekkers though. I gather they are already close to Bayelsa.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by efilefun(m): 7:33am On May 16, 2015
PervyByNature:
I'm sick of hearing people call G.E.J a hero, the guy lost, what is expected of a looser?? No be to surrender? Even with the trillions he spent, he lost with a wide margin, now tell me, do ya'all think he doesnt know that if he doesnt accept defeat he wont even live to tell the tale? The fact that Dis guy lost and accepted defeat doesnt make him a hero, it simply makes him a good looser. QED
you dey mind them, Nigerians are so funny. We've been having elections since 1999, people have been losing and people have been winning nothing happened, so they believed Jonathan accepting defeat makes him an hero... I laugh in Portuguese... He should have tried holding to power and see what would happen, even gbagbo's suffering won't be close to he's and mama piss.

I just can't wait till this administration is being probed, even his followers would start seeing abacha as a saint when it comes to embezzlement of public funds

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by DaGC(m): 8:07am On May 16, 2015
That's good of him.

Even when he's still playing fair by allowing for peaceful transition by the incoming government, their supporters still run their mouth rabid with insults for him.

To the fellow that doesn't see good in him conceding defeat and not going to the tribunals, I have only 1 question; what would Nigeria have been if the election results were otherwise?

I think most people just hate the fact that despite losing an election, he's still getting praise and acclaim by leaders around the world.

#PeacefulNigeria
#UnitedNigeria

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by BrokenTV: 8:42am On May 16, 2015
lokito:

Maturity abi Mediocrity? That guy wasted our time in this country. I hate 'statics'
Then Buhari will then finish you off from May 29.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by okooloyun1(m): 8:47am On May 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by msmon(m): 8:48am On May 16, 2015
Hmmm! One thing just come to my mind now.

Whatever position you find yourself is temporary, but your legacy will live on.

**~----------------------------------------------------------***

PDP Crisis: Party Leaders Plot Change Of Name, Merger With Smaller Parties
www.nairaland.com/2317157/pdp-crisis-party-leaders-plot

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by AbdulAdam56(m): 8:48am On May 16, 2015
From aso rock to glass house
from glass house to river house
GEJ fisher man otuoke most go

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by santity100: 8:49am On May 16, 2015
#Obasanjo, #GEJ. You have all failed us.

Let's see if buhari will put his name in history has the president that brought positive change to our lives.

#electricity
#security
#infrastructure

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Nten: 8:49am On May 16, 2015
From grass to grace, from Aso rock to glass house, from glass house to a foreign land and from there to an internationally reputable recognised organisation.
Gentleman extraordinaire!
Even the unborn children in the womb globally have taken cognizance of your heroic and exemplary approach to global peace

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Pavore9: 8:49am On May 16, 2015
Everything in life has go its time and season!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by godofwar666(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2015
Oh! Bobo werey lo bade oya shakiti bobo! Dancing bobo by olamide May 29 we cant wait
Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Flashh: 8:49am On May 16, 2015
Otuoke looming...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Nobody: 8:49am On May 16, 2015
When I heard glass house, thought it was NFA headquarters cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by bobchigar(m): 8:50am On May 16, 2015
That's nice
Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by eleko1: 8:50am On May 16, 2015
cool Nah mama Peace,diezani,Okonjo wahala and Napin man FAYOSE pull dis man down.Welcome to OTUOKE in 2wks time.
Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Penuelseun(m): 8:50am On May 16, 2015
Na wa o, GEJ gradually going into oblivion. Sai Buhari, Sai Osinbajo
Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by maggilove(f): 8:50am On May 16, 2015
This is a good one, he respected himself and that's d way it shd be.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by letsbet(m): 8:51am On May 16, 2015
Mr GEJ, its time to rest now. i wish u a peaceful time out especially for the gesture you showed by concieving defeat, thereby, saving the life of christian friends/love ones up north.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:51am On May 16, 2015
Ok.

For your latest quality stone coated roofing tiles from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp: 07036136517.
Re: Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 by ceejay80s(m): 8:51am On May 16, 2015
No be say him relocate at his own free will, just tell us the truth say dem pursue am go glass house
Landlord becomes tenant choi!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Arrest The Mastermind Of The Jos And Zaria Bombing / Senator Elisha Abbo Shakes IGP Adamu Mohammed, Laughs With Him / Saraki, Wike Meet In Porthacourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.