Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? (1249 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / 10 Worst Quotes Of 2013 By Nigerian Public Figures / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by Panache(m): 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2006
As an omo leyin Jesu it is not good to talk bad about our religious leaders and also as a responsible being, it is not good to talk bad about dead people. With the way things are going in Nigeria, where religious leaders are worst than the so called "Keferis", I think public officers should be required to swear the oath of office with Sango, Amadiora or Sanponna. I was surprised the other day, that a late pastor and civil servant's family were quarelling on his estates that worths over 7B Naira. I think it's hightime we took things to the next level, come 2007 no more swearing in with the Holy Bible and Holy Quran.

Imagine a scene like this, I Chief (Dr.) Lagbaja Omotamodo, do solemnly swear with this lion head that if I ever steal from my people, may the god of lighting and thunder cut my head off in broad daylight. What do you think?
Re: 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by Chxta(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2006
Psychologically that may just be the answer. The Nigerian mentality being that God/Allah is a forgiving being, while Sango is not. . .
Re: 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by champredd(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2008
Considering that most of our leaders are not true practising Christians or Muslims, maybe the traditional method should apply to them. But, it should also be noted that they have ways around that.
Re: 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by AKO1(m): 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2008
Nigerian Public Officers will continue to be sworn in as is stipulated by the CONSTITUTION of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Please take note. It is the more civilised way forward.
Re: 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2008
bros AKOS, everyday brings ample evidence that in this country, we have not yet successfully translated the word 'civilisation'. everything our leaders do smack of primitive and unintelligent behaviour: u grant some poor unsuspecting investor a license. tomorrow u revoke it. the following week u revoke the earlier revocation. meanwhile the man has taken a loan to pay for that license and the repayment date approaches while our leaders twiddle their thumbs in indecision like babies.

let them swear by sango, ifa, sopona, amadioha, okija, or whatever is sure to kill them straight away if they have told a lie.

God knows we cant be Him, which is why He doesnt give us sufficient power. we'd misuse it in a heartbeat. we continue to disrespect Him and the opportunities for repentance cos we're no longer afraid of Him.

let sango have their heads for breakfast.
Re: 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by AKO1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2008
iceblue:

bros AKOS, everyday brings ample evidence that in this country, we have not yet successfully translated the word 'civilisation'. everything our leaders do smack of primitive and unintelligent behaviour: u grant some poor unsuspecting investor a license. tomorrow u revoke it. the following week u revoke the earlier revocation. meanwhile the man has taken a loan to pay for that license and the repayment date approaches while our leaders twiddle their thumbs in indecision like babies.

let them swear by sango, ifa, sopona, amadioha, okija, or whatever is sure to kill them straight away if they have told a lie.

God knows we can't be Him, which is why He doesnt give us sufficient power. we'd misuse it in a heartbeat. we continue to disrespect Him and the opportunities for repentance because we're no longer afraid of Him.

let sango have their heads for breakfast.

Sis I really do not understand the analogy you gave. What I was essentially trying to say is that our leaders should not use any swearing-in process that is not in the constitution. If everyone decides to act based on their own judgement of things regardless of the constitution, we would have nothing short of a chaotic and uncivilised society.
Re: 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by bisibaby(f): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2008
make dem dey use sango swear in that one dey very fast
Re: 2007: Which Swearing In Method Should Be Used For Nigerian Public Officers? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2008
the only people making any thing out of this democracy are the leaders. once they get in, we can cry to the moon for all they care, cos there's no retribution.

who wrote the constitution? wasnt it humans, for the benefit of all parties involved, and not just the elected? it is therefore not an immutable document. it can be changed too!

again i say, let soponna have their heads for breakfast!

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Future For Africa? / Nigeria Will For Ever Be A Third World Country, This Has Been Predicted Here. / Why Is America Fighting So Many Wars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.