Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (35147 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / Ipob Shouldnt Dare Include The Delta In Their Biafra Dreams / This Is What Happens When You Include The People From The East In Your Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by funkybully(f): 3:31pm On May 16, 2015
Give south east additional state, balance the representation, the Northerners are using their numerical strength in d legislative chamber to cheat d south.

13 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by dataplus87(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2015
okay

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by bobonkiti101(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2015
Utter nonsense angry
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2015
Some folks go cry today o! Our oyel!!!

3 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by BlackBaron: 3:32pm On May 16, 2015
This is kind of a ploy to subvert the interest of oil producing regions by changing the definition of host communities.

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Amakortee: 3:32pm On May 16, 2015
Hmm
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by daddynasa: 3:32pm On May 16, 2015
those with pipelines are host communities? hmmm Nigeria hope u knw. what u re doing. fowl wey dey lay egg, yansh dey pain her oo. Nigeria I laff u in itshekiri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Misogynist2014(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2015
Good news tongue
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by me1234: 3:34pm On May 16, 2015
The foolish Niger deltas are so foolish that the little money been put in the pocket of few hv blinded them so much that they hv taken their eyes off the big picture. They are still sleeping when they wake up it would hv been too late.

13 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by NewsINigeria(m): 3:35pm On May 16, 2015
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by boxypane(m): 3:35pm On May 16, 2015
Good Idea. We stick 2geda.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by johnemeka(m): 3:36pm On May 16, 2015
I think its a welcomed development.
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by babestella: 3:37pm On May 16, 2015
That is the reason why every one is looking for even one cup of crude oil in their state so that they could be declared oil producing state. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by denedene(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2015
is this why GEJ was removed? undecided cause a niger deltan will not sign this adultery into law angry

21 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Awoofawo(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2015
redsquare:
Niger Delta oil...... The whole country is 'host community'
But when other Nigerians say Lagos is a no man's land, my brothers from SW get angry.
angry
redsquare:
Niger Delta oil...... The whole country is 'host community'
But when other Nigerians say Lagos is a no man's land, my brothers from SW get angry.
wetin consign SW for this now?!

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by chiedu7: 3:38pm On May 16, 2015
[size=14pt]NIGERIANS UNA NEVER START!

UNA DON GET CHANGE
[/size]

18 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by more2more: 3:38pm On May 16, 2015
Arrant Nonsense! WTF! The whole country as host communities? Anyways,that is what we get for having fish heads as lawmakers! SMH!

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by babestella: 3:39pm On May 16, 2015
funkybully:
Give south east additional state, balance the representation, the Northerners are using their numerical strength in d legislative chamber to cheat d south.

Our census had always been a fraud. We don't really know how many we are in this country.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by megareal: 3:41pm On May 16, 2015
What the heck!? Don't even know where to start ranting...

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Hasjam(m): 3:41pm On May 16, 2015
A welcome development. May God bless d reps for a job-well-done cos dis will bring equality in distribution of resources across d country

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by NiceHans: 3:42pm On May 16, 2015
I dont know why the niger deltans keep getting cheated like this. If this where to happen in the north, i assure you, mass protest and possible killings of southerners would be happening by now due to so much sentimentalism over there.

20 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Bluffly: 3:42pm On May 16, 2015
dicefrost:
This is pure nonsense. The PHCF clause was included to protect communities whose environment is damaged by petroleum exploration. If you the entire country is the host community, it means we offer absolutely no compensation to those whose land, water and air is being polluted to feed the country. Go to ogoni, go to some ijaw villages. Some of them can't farm or fish again because of pollution, not to talk of the adverse health effect. But then, what negative effect does oil exploration have on a community in kano or jigawa state?. These reps do not understand that equal treatment is not always fair, and fair treatment is not always equal.
But a simple spirit of togetherness solves it all. The kept shouting go to ogoni go yobogoni, ogoni name spirit land. I think we are much more concerned about money than a lasting solution to pollution and contamination. Our concern should be that whatever that is allocated I is used for the same purpose and not stolen by some idiots.

1 Like

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by denko(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2015
Then let the oil stop flowing #operation stop the oil flowing noe#

7 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2015
Brugge:
Aside the environmental degradation, I am trying to find a document that allocated 10% to coal producing community in the 60s/70s, neither cocoa producing communities nor the groundnut producing communities as well. I am all for fair treatment, the issue should be how to ensure that the oil producing community are adequately taken care of in terms of prevention of environment degradation or salvaging the already degraded environment rather than making special provision for them.

In the 50s and 60s, revenue sharing was 50/50.

6 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by cococandy(f): 3:43pm On May 16, 2015
Ghen ghen.

Hmmmm
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by jmoore(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2015
When educated illiterates are in the majority, that's what you get.

6 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by xtervaganza(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2015
This is one big fat nonsense. I'm a Yoruba but what these idiot reps are doing might escalate into what they will regret.

Why take the benefits away form the oil producing regions? I'm in ibadan and I see no traces of oil spill here. So why should they take the Niger deltas form of compensation away?

I don't agree with this bollocks. These frog eyed politicians just want more money for their own pocket

Awon oloshi

18 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by CyberWolf: 3:46pm On May 16, 2015
Williamso:
This is wrong on so many levels. How can lawmakers be so myopic, self-serving and utterly silly to consider "states with pipelines passing through them" as host communities? The Reps that voted for the amendment of this clause need to pay a visit to a host community to see what we are suffering. Forking bunch of self-serving b@$tards!!! angry angry angry angry

I'm still a believer in One Nigeria, but I cannot accept this!!!

Then be ready to remain in this slavery and suffer till you die angry

10 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 16, 2015
This is pure injustice in the highest order, expect more of this to come #NorthernAgenda
Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by headtik: 3:48pm On May 16, 2015
Gr8

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 16, 2015
Heheheheheheh
Isaac boro must b turning in his grave cheesy
#stupidMotherfucker

CyberWolf:
grin cheesy Good morning Niger Deltans....The North & SW deceived you people that Igbos included you people in Biafra because of oil..The north and their ally has been killing and stealing your oil from time immemorial and just right now that it dawned on you people that you've been scammed, they swiftly moved to legalize it and they've succeeded. You people made a costly mistake by rejecting BIAFRA and Igbos so, your foolish mistake will hunt you people till the ends of time. The earlier you people realize that we Igbos want to build a formidable force with you to defeat your oppressors, our oppressors, and not because of your oil, the better for you people. Once again, una good morning oo wink

2 Likes

Re: REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 16, 2015
I hope Amaechi can bear the consequences of betraying his people not just Gej this time.

Reps members have suddenly grown wings since the larger members will soon have one of their own at the helm of affairs.

Northern agenda part 1 is on play undecided

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Troops Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists Escaping Sambisa Forest (PHOTOS) / Nkechi Ikpeazu's Convoy Had A Fatal Accident, 2 Confirmed Dead, Others Injured / Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.