Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible (11503 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / Power Of Thoughts By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Question: Did Jesus Read The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by lastmessenger: 7:47am On May 17, 2015
Assslayer:

Believe it or not the idea called religion is 100% man made and was initiated by myopic and primitive minds, do you think I have no in depth idea of your so called belief. I have been scammed countlessly before I got the real illumination, let we Africans embrace reality and stop floating in the air with these western scam that they themselves hardly practice anymore.
Get to work my bro and give the little girl her life back. Until you have done your all, you do. Not have any reason to complain.
God is ever ready to help your girl but you are the one that will get down and pray for his mercy.
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 9:20am On May 17, 2015
lastmessenger:

Get to work my bro and give the little girl her life back. Until you have done your all, you do. Not have any reason to complain.
God is ever ready to help your girl but you are the one that will get down and pray for his mercy.

How do you if the girl in question is mine, I'm only concerned about the thousand and one hopeless cases around the world you miracle makers are yet to attend to. I repeat again until I see one of you grow back a severed leg with prayer then I will consider your fable god.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 10:39am On May 17, 2015
freecocoa:
Now the bible is not for the natural mind, seriously, how does someone with a functional brain write what you wrote?
I aint suprised cuz the devil has so blinded ur minds lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ who is the express image of God should shine..
The bible will forever remain a MYSTERY to you but to me it is a REVELATION unto me because GOD has REVEALED it unto me BY HIS SPIRIT..
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 10:53am On May 17, 2015
freecocoa: cant believe i used to believe in it
good. Now you were once a believer as you just said. Now pls may i know what happened along the way that now caused your current state of unbelief?

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 17, 2015
i trust God for 2015.
A year that many atheists will fall on their face and surrender to the GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 17, 2015
Another testimony to share with the atheists..
Yesterday evening,my mum called me informing me that she was sick..after 1st service in church i immediately rushed home.
When i got home she was lying on the bed,she could hardly move.
I just quoted Mark16:15-17
"and these signs shall follow them that BELIEVE in my name,shall they cast out demons,speak with new tongues,they shall take up serpents,if they drink any deadly thing,it shall bY no means hurt them,AND THEY WILL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK AND THEY(the sick) WILL RECOVER"
Then i prayed for her..to the GLORY OF GOD,she is back on her feet and she is currently preparing AMALA and EGUSI SOUP.
All glory to God!

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 5:57pm On May 17, 2015
sportsmaster:
Yesterday evening,my mum called me informing me that she was sick..after 1st service in church i immediately rushed home.
"and these signs shall follow them that BELIEVE in my name,shall they cast out demons,speak with new tongues,they shall take up serpents,if they drink any deadly thing,it shall bY no means hurt them,AND THEY WILL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK AND THEY(the sick) WILL RECOVER"
Then i prayed for her..to the GLORY OF GOD,she is back on her feet and she is currently preparing AMALA and EGUSI SOUP.
All glory to God!

Hmm cool story, and you are sure its not just stress, all she needed could have been rest or are you sure she didn't take some tab before you came

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Barnabaseloka(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2015
The first thing one needs to do before one can understand the Scriptures is to be born again (accepting Jesus Christ into one's life as Lord and personal Saviour). John 3:3 'Jesus answered, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.'
1 Peter 5:12 'Whoever has the Son (Jesus) has this life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.'

God gives one His Spirit at the point of becoming born again. The Spirit of God gives one understanding of all that are written in the Scriptures.
1 Corinth. 2:10-14
10. But it was to us that God made known his SECRET by means of His Spirit. The Spirit searches everything even the hidden depths of God's purposes.
11. It is only the spirit within people that knows all about them: In the same way, only God's Spirit knows all about God.
12. We have not received the world's spirit; instead, we have received the Spirit sent by God, so that we may know all the things that God has given us.
13. So then, we do not speak in words taught by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, as we explain spiritual truths to those who have the Spirit.
14. Whoever does not have the Spirit cannot receive the gifts that come from God's Spirit. Such people really do not understand them; they are NONSENSE to them, because their value can be judged only on a spiritual basis.
2 Peter 1:20 Above all else, however, remember that no one can explain by himself or herself a prophecy in the Scriptures
2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All Sripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the truth, rebuking error, correcting faults, and giving instructions for right living.
17. so that the person who serves God may be fully qualified and equipped to do every kind of good deed.

Note that reading the bible is differnt from studying the bible. One reads the bible in the same way as one reads novels, newspapers or other books. Studying the bible needs the help of the Holy Spirit, as well as faith.
Hebrews 11:6 'No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that God exists and rewards them that DILIGENTLY seek him.
Heb. 4:2 'For we have heard the Good News, just as they did. They heard the message, but it did them no good because when they heard it, they did not accept it with FAITH.'

So, accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. The Holy Spirit will be given to you. Then, study God's word with faith (believe it even if it looks nonsense to you).
1 Corinth. 1:20-21,25
20. So then, where does that leave the wise? Or the scholars? Or the skilful debaters of this world? God has shown that this world's wisdom is FOOLISHNESS.
21. For God in His wisdom made it impossible for people to know Him by means of their own wisdom. Instead, by means of the so-called 'foolish' message we preach.
25. For what seems to be God's foolishness is WISER than human wisdom, and what seems to be God's weakness is STRONGER than human strength.

All passages are taken from the Goodnews Bible.

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 17, 2015
Jehovah God, who made the bible is so wise. When i see people read the bible and get fed up I only see why the scripture quoted by someone above me mean when it says that to a physical man, things of the spirit sounds foolish. 1cor 2:14

It requires wisdom to write a book that appears foolish to the so called intellectuals, but which is rich in meaning to the humble ones with the right heart attitude. Luke 10:21

Imagine if God had written everything clear to the understanding of everyone no matter the heart attitude, you ll see that even Satan will read and know the sacred secrets of God. Jehovah can never allow that. He gives His knowledge to those who have the right mind. If you lack the required humility God needs, you can even be a scholar, yet the bible will make no sense to you. People think that when they don't have love for God, they can pick His word, without even praying for His guidance, and then still understand what is in there. Sorry.

To write a book for those with the right minds requires a supernatural wisdom, a Higher one at that.

What a wise writeup the bible is!
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 17, 2015
Assslayer:

Hmm cool story, and you are sure its not just stress, all she needed could have been rest or are you sure she didn't take some tab before you came

even if a dead man was raised in ur presence you will say he probably woke up from a deep sleep..

.THE POWER OF GOD IS WORKING THROUGH.

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 9:39pm On May 17, 2015
sportsmaster:

even if a dead man was raised in ur presence you will say he probably woke up from a deep sleep..

.THE POWER OF GOD IS WORKING THROUGH.

Use your head my friend how long are Africans gonna remain gullible, how can they tell you a child emanate from a virgin and you accept that jargon, how can they tell you someone on earth resisted the power of gravity to walk on waters and to ascend to the sky without rockets and you believe. Your master Jesus said you will do even more after him, has any one of you tried one of those before ?

2 Likes

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 17, 2015
Assslayer:

Use your head my friend how long are Africans gonna remain gullible, how can they tell you a child emanate from a virgin and you accept that jargon, how can they tell you someone on earth resisted the power of gravity to walk on waters and to ascend to the sky without rockets and you believe. Your master Jesus said you will do even more after him, has any one of you tried one of those before ?

even if i explain in S-Y-L-L-A-B-L-E-S,
your blinded mind still cannot FATHOM it.

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by jcross19: 10:39pm On May 17, 2015
ifeness:
The more you read the Bible with an open mind,the more you laugh at Christians. I was in a hotel the other day and found a Bible on the table. I went through it out of boredom and I couldn't help but laugh at the silly commandments meant for pigs in it.
is going to be boredom because your intention in the hotel will not allow you to see the truth.
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 17, 2015
jcross19:
is going to be boredom because your intention in the hotel will not allow you to see the truth.

An hotel I lodged in on one of my visits in Paris. Was i supposed to spend the night in your apartment?

3 Likes

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 3:25am On May 18, 2015
sportsmaster:

even if i explain in S-Y-L-L-A-B-L-E-S,
your blinded mind still cannot FATHOM it.

Talking about blindness, I should be the one telling you that your mind in black, how will you believe on absolutely impracticable things. If your so called religion is so important to human race, then it shouldn't be taught but assimilated by nature.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by malvisguy212: 7:16am On May 18, 2015
freecocoa:
I seriously still wonder how any one with a right mind can believe let alone try to practice what's written in the bible.

Can't believe I used to believe it.
there is no were in the old testament God destroyed sinners without warning, and the reason God did this is because this idols worshippers are a influencing the children of isreal to worship there gods. The purpose of God creating you is to Love God or reject Him, but if you reject God ypu should no your boundary because God who promise to guide his own will never allow you to influence his children with your corrupted mind.

2peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the
pollutions of the world through the
knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus
Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Ecclesiastes 12:1
Remember your Creator in the days of
your youth, before the days of trouble
come and the years approach when you
will say, "I find no pleasure in them"--
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by malvisguy212: 7:21am On May 18, 2015
Assslayer:

how can they tell you human evolve from ape when the cannot explained DNA and you believe this?

God is a spirit, he has power to do as He will, he shut and NO man open He open and NO man close.
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 2:33pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
how can they tell you human evolve from ape when the cannot explained DNA and you believe this?

God is a spirit, he has power to do as He will, he shut and NO man open He open and NO man close.

You sound too based, if you need answers about DNA and evolution check the internet. Do you think the modern man and the primitive man are the same. Check the human anatomy, why do you think there is a hole in your caudal vertebrae ?
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by malvisguy212: 2:44pm On May 18, 2015
Assslayer:

You sound too based, if you need answers about DNA and evolution check the internet. Do you think the modern man and the primitive man are the same. Check the human anatomy, why do you think there is a hole in your caudal vertebrae ?
and if you need any proof of the virgin birth , ask google. Recently BBC broadcast some reality event that happened, some animals conceive without the consent of knowing a male.
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141219-spectacular-real-virgin-births
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by frank317: 2:55pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
there is no were in the old testament God destroyed sinners without warning, and the reason God did this is because this idols worshippers are a influencing the children of isreal to worship there gods. The purpose of God creating you is to Love God or reject Him, but if you reject God ypu should no your boundary because God who promise to guide his own will never allow you to influence his children with your corrupted mind.

2peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the
pollutions of the world through the
knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus
Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Ecclesiastes 12:1
Remember your Creator in the days of
your youth, before the days of trouble
come and the years approach when you
will say, "I find no pleasure in them"--

lol... u sound like a zombie (no offense) you are just reciting some meaningless jargons. the purpose of God creating man is love? what kind of Love punishes those who reject him... Answer: selfish love.

we as humans are even asked to love our enemies, now the who should lead by example is punishing those who reject him. he must be a bad lover.

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by malvisguy212: 3:03pm On May 18, 2015
frank317:

lol... u sound like a zombie (no offense) you are just reciting some meaningless jargons. the purpose of God creating man is love? what kind of Love punishes those who reject him... Answer: selfish love.

we as humans are even asked to love our enemies, now the who should lead by example is punishing those who reject him. he must be a bad lover.
did you create your self? No,your father is the reason you exist and you are commanded to obey him and love him. God created you and give you the freewill of choice, if you chose to reject God, it's ok.
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 3:34pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
and if you need any proof of the virgin birth , ask google. Recently BBC broadcast some reality event that happened, some animals conceive without the consent of knowing a male.

I can't believe you accept anything you see on internet, because BBC published it does it makes it authentic, these are some cheap scientist hustlers trying to make name for themselves. It's a hoax my brother

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by tartar9(m): 4:00pm On May 18, 2015
Assslayer:

that's if he ain't even lying

2 Likes

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:

It seems like you have a thing for implicating citations. Assuming you actually bothered reading it yourself, this is a fine case of confirmation bias among theists. Did you miss the part where it said...

"There is no known example of a mammal having a natural virgin birth, either in captivity or the wild . . .

At the time he controversially claimed to have triggered parthenogenesis in rabbits, a feat that other scientists failed to replicate . . .

Decades later, in 2004, scientists reported they had genetically engineered a mouse to have a virgin birth. The offspring not only survived, they were capable of having offspring of their own . . .

Researchers today say that it remains highly unlikely, and perhaps even impossible, for a virgin mammal to naturally produce viable offspring, due to some fundamental aspects of their biology . . .

This is the second time I've caught you giving a citation that does not support and in fact contradicts what you saying. Man please, for your own good, keep your bible but stay far away from science.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by johnydon22(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2015
sportsmaster:
All glory to God!

Wooooow All glory to god!!!

Just one question

so did she get on her knees immediately u finished ur prayers or later?? smiley
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by johnydon22(m): 9:15pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
did you create your self? No,your father is the reason you exist and you are commanded to obey him and love him. God created you and give you the freewill of choice, if you chose to reject God, it's ok.

And you have a knack for contradicting yourself...

You agree in the bolded that his father brought him forth, then went ahead to say god did..

which of them exactly did? His father bleeped his mum to give birth to him or god did

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by malvisguy212: 10:06pm On May 18, 2015
johnydon22:

And you have a knack for contradicting yourself...

You agree in the bolded that his father brought him forth, then went ahead to say god did..

which of them exactly did? His father bleeped his mum to give birth to him or god did
every reasonable human being will understand my points
Just like your dad is responsible you living in this world via birth and you own him for that , God is responsible for our existence and you own Him for that, All what your father want is your obedient to him , All what God want is your obedient to Him, understand!!!
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by johnydon22(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
Just like your dad is responsible you living in this world via birth and you own him for that , God is responsible for our existence and you own Him for that, All what your father want is your obedient to him , All what God want is your obedient to Him, understand!!!

Lmao.... I don't suppose you need faith to believe your daddy exists...

You all just wont stop trying to reconcile two particularly different things all together..
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 10:40pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:

Now tell one thing your dictator and bully god is contributing to my existence ? I still can't find his relevance to the human race, or is he too busy or finally gone numb ?

1 Like

Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by malvisguy212: 11:00pm On May 18, 2015
Assslayer:

Now tell one thing your dictator and bully god is contributing to my existence ? I still can't find his relevance to the human race, or is he too busy or finally gone numb ?
do you think you just come to be by chance? Our brain is perfect and different from other animal,why? I don't think I will reply you guys again, I will leave you with your choice,bible advice me to make peace with God which I did, the peace I have now is so sweet,although i am not a rich man , but come day and then night God always come for my help, I don't even remember the last time I take tablet, All I give Glory to God, tomorrow you die and face God, what will you say? Do you think because God is merciful He may pardon you your guilt? Wrong my friend;

1 peter 4:18
And, "If it is hard for the righteous to be
saved, what will become of the ungodly
and the sinner?"
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by Assslayer: 11:10pm On May 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
do you think you just come to be by chance? Our brain is perfect and different from other animal,why? I don't think I will reply you guys again, I will leave you with your choice,bible advice me to make peace with God which I did, the peace I have now is so sweet,although i am not a rich man , but come day and then night God always come for my help, I don't even remember the last time I take tablet, All I give Glory to God, tomorrow you die and face God, what will you say? Do you think because God is merciful He may pardon you your guilt? Wrong my friend;

1 peter 4:18
And, "If it is hard for the righteous to be
saved, what will become of the ungodly
and the sinner?"

If I die, everything about me dies, stop insinuating illogical things, is it my decayed body nd bones will go and answer your bully god or another flesh would automatically generate and then gravitate to go answer my query. You guys are so funny, now what about they that died by explosion will their pieced and deteorated body regenerate, oh what a wash... These religion of a thing is making Africans mentally lazy..
Re: Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible by StarryV(f): 11:25pm On May 18, 2015
freecocoa:
Now the bible is not for the natural mind, seriously, how does someone with a functional brain write what you wrote?
U simply didn't get his point maybe because u also have a natural mind. By the virtue of the death of christ, the natural minds of doz who believed in his death were crushed. By the virtue of His ressurrection, the natural minds dat have been crushed were transformed from natural to spiritual. So if u do not believe in the death and ressurection of Christ, there's no point argueing. YOU ARE A NATURAL MIND and you can NEVER EVER understand wat we are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You're Grateful To God For Anything, Please Jump In Here. / How Christians Should React To The Legalization Of Same-Sex Marriage / How Should A Christian View Internet Addiction?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.