Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 (30075 Views)

Who Do You Think Would Contest Against Buhari In 2019? / "I Will Never Contest Against Buhari" — Tinubu / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal & Saraki Are The Biggest Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by nortcentrallord(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2015
0lumide:

Lool Yoruba is the largest group in NC. I may be wrong but bringing the Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi to the fore, you'll see what I'm saying. Isn't Kwara a former PDP state? No?
Bros analyze without sentiments the NC which you guys biasedly call "middle belt" has an almost Yoruba/Hausa majority How this region will align with Igbos in the SE or SS and leave the only ppl with equal aspirations must be a miracle.

Shine your eyes bros... The Yorubas and Hausas in NC have huge influence. If Saraki becomes Senate president, that's a plus. Trust me, nothing will ever align SS/SE with NC. It's not about hating PDP, it's about going where their kins went. SW voted GEJ in 2011, NC did same. SW voted APC in 2015, NC did the same. Why didn't they vote for PDP or vote with ppl you guys always claim they have same aspiration with? SS/SE you can see the alliance same way you can see that if NC/SW... Shine your eyes well.. SW/NC are aligned by aspiration and that aspiration contradicts that of SE/SS

Thank God you corrected yourself in the last sentence of your statement which is a complete contradiction of your earlier explanation in the same statement. Influence and aspiration are totally two different things which I believe you know very well.

The SW has an insignificant if not zero influence on the alliance decision of the NC people. The extension of the SW in language and land mass ends in kogi. Only an infinitesimal number of Kogites are even Yoruba's. They can't even influence decision making in that state not to talk of the NC as a whole. In a state like Benue, they voted APC because of their scores with Suswam. I would have agreed more with you if you had said the North has an influence in some NC states because of their religion. Because in States like Kogi, Kwara, Nassaraw, Niger you will find a whole lot of people who wouldn't think twice once they are told to do so in the guise or religion. So, all in all, this election has nothing to do with influence but with people being "fed up" and willing to try something different be it good or bad.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Koleman(m): 2:48pm On May 17, 2015
Who told these guys buhari will even contest 2019? From all indication its a single term pact..
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Eluwilussit(m): 3:31pm On May 17, 2015
bashydemy:
You can deduce his popularity in North to the 2011 election, GEJ only win him in 2011 due to South West backing, but now the South West pitch their tent with GMB and you see what happen?

Sorry, but you didn't answer my question. Once again, what's the basis of Buhari's popularity in the north? I understand the role the SW played. Thanks.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 17, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Thank God you corrected yourself in the last sentence of your statement which is a complete contradiction of your earlier explanation in the same statement. Influence and aspiration are totally two different things which I believe you know very well.

The SW has an insignificant if not zero influence on the alliance decision of the NC people. The extension of the SW in language and land mass ends in kogi. Only an infinitesimal number of Kogites are even Yoruba's. They can't even influence decision making in that state not to talk of the NC as a whole. In a state like Benue, they voted APC because of their scores with Suswam. I would have agreed more with you if you had said the North has an influence in some NC states because of their religion. Because in States like Kogi, Kwara, Nassaraw, Niger you will find a whole lot of people who wouldn't think twice once they are told to do so in the guise or religion. So, all in all, this election has nothing to do with influence but with people being "fed up" and willing to try something different be it good or bad.

After Hausa, Yoruba is the second largest group in NC.. Prove me wrong..

The NC will always follow the SW because of aspirations and influence which they don't share with SS/SE simple... Of course to you, only a small number of Kogites are Yoruba.. Lool now I see you are deluding yourself..
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by nortcentrallord(m): 8:38pm On May 17, 2015
0lumide:

After Hausa, Yoruba is the second largest group in NC.. Prove me wrong..

The NC will always follow the SW because of aspirations and influence which they don't share with SS/SE simple... Of course to you, only a small number of Kogites are Yoruba.. Lool now I see you are deluding yourself..

Oga, Influence and aspirations are two different things. Please refer to your dictionary. The Yoruba's are not even the second largest group in North central. How many people are in Kwara? I have lived in Kogi State in the past so don't wake up. Its a lie. In Kogi alone, Igala's are more followed by the Ibira's. Let me ask you a question, has state ever produced a deputy governor of yoruba origin ever? That should be a yardstick of measurement for you. Is the number of Yoruba,s in Kwara more than the Tivs in (that gives uncontrolled birth) in Benue State?
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by bashydemy(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Sorry, but you didn't answer my question. Once again, what's the basis of Buhari's popularity in the north? I understand the role the SW played. Thanks.
So what i said up there did not answer your question? you need brain surgery then. Deduce his popularity to 2011 and 2015 election.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Eluwilussit(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2015
bashydemy:
So what i said up there did not answer your question? you need brain surgery then. Deduce his popularity to 2011 and 2015 election.

Ok. No wahala, but before I go for the surgery, can you kindly tell me what GMB's popularity is based on? This is about the 4th time I am asking you slowpoke this question and you can't give me a simple answer.

He's popular in the north. Fine. What are the reasons for his popularity? Idiiot, please do you understand English?
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by bashydemy(m): 11:24pm On May 18, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Ok. No wahala, but before I go for the surgery, can you kindly tell me what GMB's popularity is based on? This is about the 4th time I am asking you slowpoke this question and you can't give me a simple answer.

He's popular in the north. Fine. What are the reasons for his popularity? Idiiot, please do you understand English?
Based on integrity, Corruption free, He is one of the most respected Northerners for now... Do i need to even tell you? GMB single handedly poll almost 13m votes in 2011 without the support of any Governor that's what we call popularity.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Eluwilussit(m): 11:43pm On May 18, 2015
bashydemy:
Based on integrity, Corruption free, He is one of the most respected Northerners for now... Do i need to even tell you? GMB single handedly poll almost 13m votes in 2011 without the support of any Governor that's what we call popularity.

Do you know the meaning of integrity? Do you know what honesty means?

GMB who swore to paint Nigeria red with blood in the past? GMB who did not condemn the killing of over 800 Nigerians by his supporters? GMB who refused to appear before a constituted Oputa Panel? GMB who swore a false affidavit, thereby committing perjury? GMB who overthrew Shagari through a coup and proscribed every form of unionism and activism? GMB who jailed journalist on trumped up charges? GMB who thinks that he's above the law? GMB who once said that an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north? GMB who asked the north and Muslims never to vote for non Muslims/northerners?

Dude, while Buhari may have won the election, that does not in any way make him an honest man. Unless you don't know the meaning of honesty. An honest man wouldnt accept the result of the past election, even if he won it. The election was grossly rigged by both parties, but since it was better rigged in Buhari's favour, suddenly the election was free. It was never free each time he lost.

The North would vote for a goat, as long as it is from the north and a Muslim. The same way that the south will vote for one of theirs. The problem is that we pretend a lot. Buhari is not the best the north has. Just as Jona wasn't the best that the south had. Obj and Tinubu(lol), are the architects of this mediocrity.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by bashydemy(m): 3:07am On May 19, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Do you know the meaning of integrity? Do you know what honesty means?

GMB who swore to paint Nigeria red with blood in the past? GMB who did not condemn the killing of over 800 Nigerians by his supporters? GMB who refused to appear before a constituted Oputa Panel? GMB who swore a false affidavit, thereby committing perjury? GMB who overthrew Shagari through a coup and proscribed every form of unionism and activism? GMB who jailed journalist on trumped up charges? GMB who thinks that he's above the law? GMB who once said that an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north? GMB who asked the north and Muslims never to vote for non Muslims/northerners?

Dude, while Buhari may have won the election, that does not in any way make him an honest man. Unless you don't know the meaning of honesty. An honest man wouldnt accept the result of the past election, even if he won it. The election was grossly rigged by both parties, but since it was better rigged in Buhari's favour, suddenly the election was free. It was never free each time he lost.

The North would vote for a goat, as long as it is from the north and a Muslim. The same way that the south will vote for one of theirs. The problem is that we pretend a lot. Buhari is not the best the north has. Just as Jona wasn't the best that the south had. Obj and Tinubu(lol), are the architects of this mediocrity.
Hey you are telling some stories i haven't hear in decades hahaha You mean GMB overthrow Shagari? are you serious? You mean GMB promise to paint Nigeria red please tell me something..Some of you are the reason we are going backward.. Please tell me the best candidates we have in Nigeria apart from GMB... guy when GEJ won in 2011 we did he get any attention as GMB? even America are even trying to convince Obama to attend the handing over in person common what do you think about that? you see how world leaders have been respecting Nigeria since the emergence of GMB... They even invite him to the G7 meeting did that ever happen in the past? you need to read what prominent Nigerian said about the peoples General

WHAT PROMINENT NIGERIANS SAY
ABOUT BUHARI

“The army after toppling our democratic
regime have no option but to install
Buhari as head of state so as to avoid
credibility problems, especially in the
sight of the international community
because of his being an epitome of
integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable
Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP
is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist
is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to
jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a
member of the Supreme Military Council
and as Head of NNPC was by nature
taciturn and introvert. But he took any
work that was given to him very seriously.
He is reliable as he is hardworking and
honest, his path of moral probity and
rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his
book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to
some extent that mean nothing in life &
to the nation always other than good. So,
I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his
conduct that perhaps, only very few
Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true
patriot, respected former head of state &
elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in
over-throwing you. I have seen the
terrible damage which our inaction
caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most
sorry. Please, come and do what is best
known about you. Patriotic service to the
nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises &
as we knew him to mean his words, all
along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF
as no one else can do the job as him.“ –
IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was
an honorable man. And I can say this
anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided
personally to donate the #5,000,000 to
Buhari‘s campaign organization because
of my firm believe in his ability to right
all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am
holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP
Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in
Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s
presidency was always being derided by
the criminals who looted the nation to
stupor by embarking upon a campaign of
calumny so as to smear his name with a
view to denying Nigerians having a
leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain
the only real threat to PDP wether he
runs for the presidency or not due to his
wider followership among the masses
that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

Please what do you have to say about the above statements even you GEJ commend GMB.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Eluwilussit(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2015
bashydemy:
Hey you are telling some stories i haven't hear in decades hahaha You mean GMB overthrow Shagari? are you serious? You mean GMB promise to paint Nigeria red please tell me something..Some of you are the reason we are going backward.. Please tell me the best candidates we have in Nigeria apart from GMB... guy when GEJ won in 2011 we did he get any attention as GMB? even America are even trying to convince Obama to attend the handing over in person common what do you think about that? you see how world leaders have been respecting Nigeria since the emergence of GMB... They even invite him to the G7 meeting did that ever happen in the past? you need to read what prominent Nigerian said about the peoples General

WHAT PROMINENT NIGERIANS SAY
ABOUT BUHARI

“The army after toppling our democratic
regime have no option but to install
Buhari as head of state so as to avoid
credibility problems, especially in the
sight of the international community
because of his being an epitome of
integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable
Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP
is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist
is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to
jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a
member of the Supreme Military Council
and as Head of NNPC was by nature
taciturn and introvert. But he took any
work that was given to him very seriously.
He is reliable as he is hardworking and
honest, his path of moral probity and
rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his
book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to
some extent that mean nothing in life &
to the nation always other than good. So,
I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his
conduct that perhaps, only very few
Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true
patriot, respected former head of state &
elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in
over-throwing you. I have seen the
terrible damage which our inaction
caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most
sorry. Please, come and do what is best
known about you. Patriotic service to the
nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises &
as we knew him to mean his words, all
along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF
as no one else can do the job as him.“ –
IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was
an honorable man. And I can say this
anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided
personally to donate the #5,000,000 to
Buhari‘s campaign organization because
of my firm believe in his ability to right
all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am
holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP
Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in
Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s
presidency was always being derided by
the criminals who looted the nation to
stupor by embarking upon a campaign of
calumny so as to smear his name with a
view to denying Nigerians having a
leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain
the only real threat to PDP wether he
runs for the presidency or not due to his
wider followership among the masses
that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

Please what do you have to say about the above statements even you GEJ commend GMB.

I guess you cant differentiate what Buhari said and did from what others said about him. You even included Obasanjo's quote, really?

The fact that GMB said that Abacha didn't loot our treasury, does not mean that Abacha didn't do it. Till today, we are still recovering the loot. So anyone can say anything about anybody. Especially in Nigeria.

Go and find out how Buhari ran PTF. Guess you haven't heard that he used his brother-in-law's company(APC), to generate contracts, award them, execute them, supervise them and pay for the contracts. In other climes, that would be conflict of interests. It is a jailable offence. He was compromised.

Hey, I don't wanna keep talking about the past. We have a president-elect. In eight days, we will have a new president. Nigerians have(nt) spoken. We will all rally behind Buhari and make sure he succeeds. It is for our own good. GMB doesn't need it at 72. We do.

One thing we must not do, is to start painting GMB as a saint and a messiah. He isn't none of those. He may not be overly corrupt like most of his contemporaries, but he wouldn't accept the result of the elections, with clear evidence of rigging, if he were incorruptible. I don't believe in half measures. You either are, or you aren't. Simple.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by bashydemy(m): 5:57am On May 23, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I guess you cant differentiate what Buhari said and did from what others said about him. You even included Obasanjo's quote, really?

The fact that GMB said that Abacha didn't loot our treasury, does not mean that Abacha didn't do it. Till today, we are still recovering the loot. So anyone can say anything about anybody. Especially in Nigeria.

Go and find out how Buhari ran PTF. Guess you haven't heard that he used his brother-in-law's company(APC), to generate contracts, award them, execute them, supervise them and pay for the contracts. In other climes, that would be conflict of interests. It is a jailable offence. He was compromised.

Hey, I don't wanna keep talking about the past. We have a president-elect. In eight days, we will have a new president. Nigerians have(nt) spoken. We will all rally behind Buhari and make sure he succeeds. It is for our own good. GMB doesn't need it at 72. We do.

One thing we must not do, is to start painting GMB as a saint and a messiah. He isn't none of those. He may not be overly corrupt like most of his contemporaries, but he wouldn't accept the result of the elections, with clear evidence of rigging, if he were incorruptible. I don't believe in half measures. You either are, or you aren't. Simple.
At the bold did those contract get executed or not? do you know how many of that kinda project that got paid and not executed by GEJ administration? 2nd Niger bridge comes to mind..

Also he should not have accept the result of what election?
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Eluwilussit(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2015
bashydemy:
At the bold did those contract get executed or not? do you know how many of that kinda project that got paid and not executed by GEJ administration? 2nd Niger bridge comes to mind..

Also he should not have accept the result of what election?

Bro, my main issue here borders on claims of integrity and incorruptibility. You are either honest or you are not. There's no such thing as varying degrees of honesty. Buhari may be better than many of our politicians but he's not entirely honest. Stop painting a picture of a saint.

I want you to itemize Buhari's achievements as ptf chairman, state by state. I want you to list his achievement as head of state. Why would an honest Buhari claim that abacha didn't loot us? Why has Buhari not condemned the use of underaged voters in the north? I would expect an honest man to first acknowledge that the elections were flawed, then work to make it better next time. Buhari is a sham.

Just because he was declared the winner, the elections suddenly were free and fair. lol. Would he have accepted the result if Jona had won? I doubt it, given his antecedents. I wish Buhari a good presidency. I pray God will give him the wisdom, courage and strength to deliver. He's after all, the president of Nigeria.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by Metrofox(m): 5:48pm On May 23, 2015
it would be political suicide for any of them to do that at least for now...next election is four years away & a lot can happen in just one year...
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by bashydemy(m): 7:53am On May 24, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Bro, my main issue here borders on claims of integrity and incorruptibility. You are either honest or you are not. There's no such thing as varying degrees of honesty. Buhari may be better than many of our politicians but he's not entirely honest. Stop painting a picture of a saint.

I want you to itemize Buhari's achievements as ptf chairman, state by state. I want you to list his achievement as head of state. Why would an honest Buhari claim that abacha didn't loot us? Why has Buhari not condemned the use of underaged voters in the north? I would expect an honest man to first acknowledge that the elections were flawed, then work to make it better next time. Buhari is a sham.

Just because he was declared the winner, the elections suddenly were free and fair. lol. Would he have accepted the result if Jona had won? I doubt it, given his antecedents. I wish Buhari a good presidency. I pray God will give him the wisdom, courage and strength to deliver. He's after all, the president of Nigeria.
Truly there's no 100% honest man on earth even our pastors and imam's but we need to commend GMB for that, since 1999 to 2011 show me any President that won and get world backing as GMB.... The world leaders are in full support of GMB even invite to the G7 meeting. ABout the PTF please go to schools, Hospitals, etc and you will get them there. Also GMB start and Supervise the 4 refineries we now have in Nigeria when he was a minister of petroleum and remember as a minister of Petroleum he never assign any oil well/block for himself. He also eradicate corruption when he was Head Of States so those alone are enough to give him our mandate..

Long live GMB
Long live APC
Long live Nigeria.
Re: PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 by olivertwist: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2015
Contest against Buhari?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawan, Ngige, Others Visit Ekweremadu After Attack (Photos) / Osinbajo: Why Buhari Appointed Usman Alkali As Nigeria’s New Police Chief / Nigerian Army Meets Wike Over Interference In Rivers Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.