Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! (908 Views)

My Wonderful Dog Taken Away By Parvo :( / ZOBA Veterinary Hospital: Expert Clinicians On Parvo Viral Enteritis / Best Approaches To Parvo Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! by wales(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2015
My vet told me on Wednesday that my dog as Parvo. Can anyone in the advice me on this?
Re: Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! by megasamuel(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2015
The general symptoms of parvovirus are
lethargy, severe vomiting, loss of appetite
and bloody, foul-smelling diarrhea that can
lead to life-threatening dehydration.
How Is Parvovirus Transmitted?
Parvovirus is extremely contagious and can
be transmitted by any person, animal or
object that comes in contact with an infected
dog's feces. Highly resistant, the virus can
live in the environment for months, and may
survive on inanimate objects such as food
bowls, shoes, clothes, carpet and floors. It is
common for an unvaccinated dog to contract
parvovirus from the streets, especially in
urban areas where there are many dogs.
How Is Parvovirus Diagnosed?
Veterinarians diagnose parvovirus on the
basis of clinical signs and laboratory testing.
Google is your best friend "except from the dog that is" for the vet to diagnose it's Parvo he should know some medications to at least suppress the virus

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! by wales(m): 10:01pm On May 16, 2015
Thanks for the update d vet is on it and I feel d dog is getting better. Thanks.
Re: Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! by knyte(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2015
wales:
Thanks for the update d vet is on it and I feel d dog is getting better. Thanks.
Try and disuade anyone that has dogs from coming to ur place cos the virus can lay dormant on the surrounding area for a long time and can be picked up by just stepping into the compound.
So ny of ur frnds that owns dogs shldnt visit u just yet, also try get a bleaching agent and clean ur dog's cage and surrounding. Parvo can b really deadly
Re: Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! by wales(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2015
Thanks will note all this you have said.
Re: Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! by knyte(m): 11:16am On May 17, 2015
wales:
Thanks will note all this you have said.
Looking forward to feedback on your dog.
Re: Can Anyone In The House Advice Me On Parvo! by Prodeegee(m): 3:06pm On May 23, 2015
Hope your dog is fine noow?

(1) (Reply)

Bullmastiff Puppies Now 5weeks Old...now Up For Sale(very Bloody) / Pure Bred Rottweiler Pups: Quick Sale. Call :07018098334 / Tips And Identification Of My New Pup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.