Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. (63243 Views)

El-rufai Must Produce Herdsmen He Paid To Stop Killing Christians –  suleman / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by SOUNDKING: 11:18am On May 17, 2015
ladyteska:
near truth
no, remove that prefix ''near''. It is the truth,me as a penticostal sees that thing as a complete siit,i will mary based on where my love falls even irespective of the religion not to talk of a particular sect,no be must say i must marry a sister from my church,in my current church,the sister wey fit catch my heart never beging church there.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by adahgold(m): 11:18am On May 17, 2015
engineerboat:

Do your research very well before spewing trash on the internet my Friend

guy go n sit down u don't no who u r yet. May be u r a deeper life member.

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by adahgold(m): 11:23am On May 17, 2015
All the deeper life members and Jehovah witness I no don run commot for dere church oooo and they r happily married today even attended ones wedding last week to a dunamis member. If u want to see old cargos and unmarried females go to deeper life and Jehovah witness.

10 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by lonelydora: 11:23am On May 17, 2015
I tire for the thing self.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 11:34am On May 17, 2015
Christianity is many religions-in-one. That is expected as the bible says, do not be equally yoked with unbelievers.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by wolelove(m): 11:48am On May 17, 2015
soe:
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way
get that shit away from this tred.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by veraiyke(m): 11:49am On May 17, 2015
It has indeed. It is sheer nonsense. However, without understanding such union n offspring of d union can suffer both morally, spiritually, socially n otherwise.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by manuelpepper: 11:50am On May 17, 2015
only 1% of nigerian christians will go to heaven.

The rest na hell fire them go enter.

3 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by baybeeboi: 11:51am On May 17, 2015
soe:
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way
sonOfLucifer:
Christians and their God of confusion.

as in like the god of Boko Haram is the way?

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Helkayklassic(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2015
Okada! okada!! okada!!!
abeg carry me comot for here, i don miss road.
Nothing concerns me.

4 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by TheFilmmaker: 11:51am On May 17, 2015

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by femi4: 11:51am On May 17, 2015
kelvyn7:
my pastor cannot even tell me not to marry a lady from another bible believing church

Is JW among the bolded? The answer is obvious
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by omooba969(m): 11:53am On May 17, 2015
Redoil:
Frosbel had treated such b4 and the thread made front page.

So..?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by peedeeasobie(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2015
soe:
see this guy.

By the way...i caused a nairalander to close his account. His name is rexxie. He kept on insulting me..and i gave him his name, age and place of work....the guy closed his NL account immediately... Hahahahah

My friend go and sleep! The NL must be a nursery school student!
Keep shut, you and your baseless threat!

7 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Donbrig: 11:56am On May 17, 2015
True talk, but who are we suppose to blame if not the gullible Nigerians with low mentality that believes everything their Pastors or church leaders tells them. Most church members don't question their religious leaders and obey everything, thinking Pastors/Revs are infallible. Must we also blame the govt for this? I think most Nigerians have to be well informed and wise up their thinking faculty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Cwaya(m): 11:56am On May 17, 2015
Hmmm...
I pity people wey go let church cause them regrets.
Chritianity is one hell of a Mistery !!!
#BelieveTheInnerVoiceInYou

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kaykad: 11:57am On May 17, 2015
dem force una go dere?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by poweredcom(m): 11:57am On May 17, 2015
I no send church sef.....i dey one hotel wit some olosho dey bang dem skatter

5 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 11:58am On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

So dear pastors make una talk the one una see.

VOM

I'm not a Christian but I'm so very much impressed. This thing called MADNESS does not happen in the church alone. It happens among tribes, it happens among the Muslims. This madness is everywhere... But little do they know that God will not judge u based on the church or mosque you attend, neither your tribe but according to your work and how well u served him

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by freshvine(f): 11:58am On May 17, 2015
An igbo girl from a Catholic background will find it difficult to marry her brother from the pentecostal family but will not hesitate to marry another tribe even if the lover is a Muslim.

Just in case you know, there is this unhealthy rivalry between Anambra and Imo state to the extent that females from the former hardly marry the later.

This marital stigma cut across religion, tribe and denomination.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by peedeeasobie(m): 12:00pm On May 17, 2015
manuelpepper:
only 1% of nigerian christians will go to heaven.

The rest na hell fire them go enter.

The 'jesus' nicknamed 'manuelpepper' has spoken.
Guy, you are not assistant God, pls stop spewing this type of thing from your mouth.

4 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 17, 2015
baybeeboi:

as in like the god of Boko Haram is the way?

Both Abrahamic Siamese twins (Yahweh and Allah) are incompetent gods prone to acts of violence now and then..

Their worshippers act likewise.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Ochinex(m): 12:00pm On May 17, 2015
adahgold:
All the deeper life members and Jehovah witness I no don run commot for dere church oooo and they r happily married today even attended ones wedding last week to a dunamis member. If u want to see old cargos and unmarried females go to deeper life and Jehovah witness.

Lol sorry for Ur life... abi Na dem fey marry early? da iska
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by free2ryhme: 12:00pm On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

VOM

In as much your observation is true there are exceptions that do exist for example I have a church member who married a stauch Catholic lady.

Well most times the problem is with members. The insecurity associated with moving to different environment and the fear of disassociating from close members making vulnerable

Also their are some members whom the church leadership has invested so much in and when it is time for reaping of the fruits them someone from nowhere removes what has been planted and watered. It canm be too painful to lose.

It is easier to relate with someone whom you share certain important features in common with. That way resolving differences can be easier

Well I am not in support of pastors using the pulpit as an avenue to preach your observation.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by jossyj: 12:00pm On May 17, 2015
wolelove:
get that shit away from this tred.

Pls tell that pedofile what he needs to get into his empty head
always contributing rubbish here
Is Islam even something to talk about? Always killing sencelessly.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Qmab: 12:01pm On May 17, 2015
Helkayklassic:
Okada! okada!! okada!!!
abeg carry me comot for here, i don miss road.
Nothing concerns me.
Wait! Make we share that bike together. Abeg, okada man drop me for politics.

3 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Bulala66: 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
" speak ! , that I may see you" .
Don't speak when u don't understand something
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by tunapius(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
Ruq:
All these happen because you still go to church.
abio.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by lolaxavier(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
It's just like losing your clients to another agency. If they keep losing their source of tithes and offering, how will they achieve their target for the year?
But seriously, do people still go to church not to talk of being asked not to marry from another denomination?
Iranu lasan lasan...Rubbish..

3 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by emmyhumble(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:

VOM

Seriously u gat a big point
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by manuelpepper: 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
peedeeasobie:

The 'jesus' nicknamed 'manuelpepper' has spoken.
Guy, you are not assistant God, pls stop spewing this type of thing from your mouth.
i am not jesus.....but it is glaring, seeing all the nonsense many christians portrate.

We shall see on judgment day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.