Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? (3389 Views)

JAVA Or C# Which Programming Language Do You Prefer? / .NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity / Fingerprint Readers And Programming With Java Or Vb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by megasamuel(m): 12:20pm On May 17, 2015
Want to go into game development which would be the more useful, there should be no problem concerns. Which is currently beating the other in the tracks for game programming
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 17, 2015
JAVA because of it's versatility, flexibility and similarity to C# and other C-style languages. You could even dive into Apple's objective-C or Swift later on. Plus, you get to master objected-oriented programming. It's just got to be JAVA.

1 Like

Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by Urine: 6:21pm On May 17, 2015
megasamuel:
Want to go into game development which would be the more useful or advice on the best and also not complex programming language for game programming

I think you should give Unity a shot, you will love it. You might want to take a basic C# course to make the process easier.
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by fattbabakay(m): 4:57pm On May 18, 2015
Python is out of the options...
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by megasamuel(m): 5:10pm On May 18, 2015
Also considering c what do you guys think
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by kudaisi(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2015
When it comes to gaming it really doesn't depend on the programming language If I would say, It usually lies mainly on the platform you decide to use in order to achieve the task at hand. One of the reasons you'll like to compare technology would be because of reasons such as:
- "How many Platforms/OS do they support...does it have support for Android, IOS and Win 8 ?",
- "Does the platform support both 2D and 3D ?",
- "How is the platform's support for multiple touch devices ?" ,
- "Does it have support for some specific hardware ?" etc.

Questioning the programming language that the engine supports usually comes somewhere along the line of questions. An example scenario will be like "I like the features gaming engine A as to offer, I think I'll stick with it. Dang!! It only supports Python and I only know JAVA. Well, I guess I'll have to learn Python" or "I guess I'll have to stick with what B has to offer because I want to restrict myself to a certain programming language for some other reasons". Get it ? If you are trying to create you own gaming engine though, the questions would be different.

4 Likes

Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by kudaisi(m): 7:08pm On May 18, 2015
megasamuel:
Also considering c what do you guys think
I hope you are only learning to C to understand how programming works and not to develop 3D games.
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by Singapore1(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2015
kudaisi:
I hope you are only learning to C to understand how programming works and not to develop 3D games.
is c good for beginners?
And also after mastering c what language would you recommed for an aspiring programmer like me thanks
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by Ilekeh(f): 3:56am On May 19, 2015
Why should anyone be using Python for game development? I'm guessing you're talking about the programming aspect. . . .

Do you even know what python is? Chaii shocked shocked
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by megasamuel(m): 9:46am On May 19, 2015
Concluded on Java any more advice on which to learn after Java considering subsequent Web design
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 21, 2015
pls i need your help. what platform can some develop a scanning app on windows using the .NET FRAMEWORK
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by omoelu1(m): 8:16am On May 22, 2015
fattbabakay:
What makes you think so?
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by samlexxy: 9:33pm On May 22, 2015
Ilekeh:
Why should anyone be using Python for game development? I'm guessing you're talking about the programming aspect. . . .

if you don't mind telling
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by fretfingers: 2:12am On May 23, 2015
Bros,
what kinda game do u want to write Arcade, Adventure, Racing or others?

Cuz for me, I wouldn't want to write a quick simple tic-tac-toe game with java n the likes(I code java,C,C++ n Objective C too. So its not that they aint good neither am I criticizing any of the likes). But my point is, I would prefer using VB.NET to code d game mentioned earlier.

But like what someone above me said... What is/are ur targetted platform(s) n end user? That's the first step I guess, to deciding whether or not to use a particular language.
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 23, 2015
Ilekeh:

lol....what a shallow reasoning!?? Just google panda3d or blender3d, and u know thats people use python for game development.
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by fattbabakay(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2015
omoelu1:

What makes you think so?
Y use a knife to kill a running rat wen u av a gun?
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by melodyogonna(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
fattbabakay:
says who? python can be used for mobile game developments

1 Like

Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by umaryusuf(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
This depends on your skills and the platform you are developing for...

Some famous games developed in Python...
https://www.eveonline.com
http://www.panda3d.org/screens.php
https://www.taleworlds.com

Some famous games developed in Java...
http://www.runescape.com

1 Like

Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by Ceekay212: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
Enuf of d long talk.....simply learn c++, download unreal engine 4, keep autodesk Maya by ur side.........download and master all tutorials on those 2 software.......den gt ready 4 endless hours of coding.......in my opinion u nid 2 recruit guys to handle stuff lyk graphics design e.t.c cos I mean, u CNT b a jack of all tradez

4 Likes

Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by melodyogonna(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
umaryusuf:
This depends on your skills and the platform you are developing for...

Some famous games developed in Python...
https://www.eveonline.com
http://www.panda3d.org/screens.php
https://www.taleworlds.com

Some famous games developed in Java...
http://www.runescape.com

i don't believe those games were written in python!! war band for ps4 and xbox 1
Re: Should It Be Java Or Python For Game Development? by umaryusuf(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2016
melodyogonna:
i don't believe those games were written in python!! war band for ps4 and xbox 1

Do search about that, it is real. At least Panda3D is a Python library...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Composer Installation Giving Errors , Please Help / Can You Solve PHP Problems? Let's Find Out.. / Nigerian Programmers Are Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.