Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,690 members, 7,805,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction (6212 Views)

PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by gesundheit: 2:11pm On May 18, 2015
Remarkable:

If my middle-eastern taxi-driver the other day was making a passionate & logical argument to me on how the hollocust never happened...(and is a fraud/propaganda)... then it shouldn't be surprising to anyone, especially Igbos, why the people that wedged an illegitimate war against them want to bend over backwards and ensure the story of that war is told by them and them alone, and needs to be seen as the truth. "Truth"... and if a Biafran tries to tell the story, should be dismissed as "fiction" and deserves rigorous questioning and re-telling once again with conjectures, denials and what hast thou.

Chinua, may your soul be blest for 'There was a country... " That the story was penned by you makes a world of difference; and a difference in the world of those Biafrans born after the war(such as yours truly(.

disprove the assertions and source or stuck it down where the sun don't shine.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by GenIgrigi: 2:20pm On May 18, 2015
**grins** Immediately i saw op's handle i knew he wasn't intelligent enough to write this epistle. So i scrolled down for source and i got the references. lol
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by pryme(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2015
I have read all the stories, but I am yet to read where the Northerners started the fight, am yet to read where the Northerners provoked the Ibos, by killing a prominent Ibo leader and made a mockery out of him, am yet to read where the Northerners would get out of their way to kill their fellow Northerners all in the name of Superiority (like in the case of the killings of efiks and ibibios).

one thing has not change the Ibo are arrogant and greedy, it comes as no surprise the they initiated the first coup, what do you Biafrans expect when you stir up a Beehive.

if you Ibo are ready for Biafra leave other ppls lands and return to your land. Then use a shovel a carve out your boundaries from this country, there you can kill and butcher your selves, I could care less. you won't be missed.

Nigeria has been on the black list of Paypal for a long time, no thanks to a "smart" man from Anambra, that got a chieftaincy tittle for his "smart" deeds.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by DiademSh07: 2:33pm On May 18, 2015
May God bless Awolowo wherever he is! May more stars be on his crown. Great hero that still lives among us!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by DiademSh07: 2:33pm On May 18, 2015
May God bless Awolowo wherever he is! May more stars be on his crown. Great hero that still lives among us!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by GenIgrigi: 2:34pm On May 18, 2015
gesundheit:

disprove the assertions and source or stuck it down where the sun don't shine.

**grins** Eggheaders/ Salam/ anago, be very very careful, your large folder is still in view. I am expecting you to drop this handle like a hot potato and take off as usual, Just like you cowardly did when we caught you with the "Obergath" handle. Cowardly and ugly Salam, run away and never look back. **Lmao!**
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by gesundheit: 2:36pm On May 18, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** Eggheaders/ Salam/ anago, be very very careful, your large folder is still in view. I am expecting you to drop this handle like a hot potato and take off as usual, Just like you cowardly did when we caught you with the "Obergath" handle. Cowardly and ugly Salam, run away and never look back. **Lmao!**

who are you and the fellow you talking about? you need Jesus Christ dude.
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by usbcable(m): 2:57pm On May 18, 2015
read everything.
shocked
cant believe I did.
grin
ibo people no go like am at all

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 18, 2015
wirinet:

So what do you suggest? That we should break up into over 250 countries?

If you almagamate more that 2 tribes together and each tribe attempting to dominate and cheat others, you will still be left with the "Nigerian situation"

The word amalgamate is pure wickedness and evil.

No body has the right to amalgamate two different and distinction nationalities.
The right thing is for those nationalities to sit down, discuss and negotiate a union.

f the Igbos and the Ijaws must belong to one country, then they must sit down, define that country and the basis of their togetherness.
It is crimes against humanity to forcefully bring two business men together, write agreement for them and the force them into soem partnership.
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by GenIgrigi: 3:25pm On May 18, 2015
gesundheit:

who are you and the fellow you talking about? you need Jesus Christ dude.

**grins** No salam i need mohammed , you can't run away from your shadow. I am going give proofs accompanies with your bald pictures. I even want this thread taken down, you can help us. Run!
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by honeychild(f): 4:24pm On May 18, 2015
meccuno:
nairaland only showed me what the heart of an average sw,ss,northerner about Nigeria and how they see the igbos......and these points are duly noted.....

As for me on the other hand, I am quite amazed by the amount of hatred and disdain the igbos on nairaland display towards the other tribes. I sincerely hope that the posts on this forum are not the sentiments of real people but just paid propagandaists.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by DiademSh07: 5:14pm On May 18, 2015
This wonderful script should be on frontpage to debunk and expose the lies and hypocrisy of the ibos!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by Eshinwaju: 5:19pm On May 18, 2015
A great write up......I read everything.......and knew the truth even before......everybody can now see these despicable people.... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by OduaVanguard: 6:24pm On May 18, 2015
Great job OP. Took my time to read the whole thing and it was well worth it. The igbos really need to change their ways else they may yet kindle God's wrath once more coz if their recent history is anything to go by, then its safe to say that even Baba God ain't happy with them. Ndigbo, Check yourself and Change Your Ways!!! Hian!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by after1: 6:40pm On May 18, 2015
[s]
GenIgrigi:

[/s]
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by alexlee50: 12:17pm On May 24, 2015
wirinet:

If you almagamate more that 2 tribes together and each tribe attempting to dominate and cheat others, you will still be left with the "Nigerian situation"
my suggestion is that those with similar history, culture, tradition should stay together, while those that are different should stay on their own. In the long run we may have about 6-8different countries where there will be equity, truth, justice, religious tolerance and respect for the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by alexlee50: 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
wirinet:

my suggestion is that those with similar history, interest should and those that are different should stay on their own.if we can accept divorce when a marriage isn't working, don't see any reason why we should be forced to stay together

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by laudate: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2015
superstar1:
Real Reasons For The Pogroms

To Achebe, the final straw that led to secession was the alleged 30,000 Igbos killed in the North. He carefully structures the narrative to locate the reason for this systematic killing/pogrom/ethnic-cleansing in the so-called usual resentment of the Igbo and not from the fallout of the first coup in the history of Nigeria. Achebe dismisses the targeted assassinations as not an Igbo coup. The two reasons he gives are because there was a Yoruba officer among the coup plotters and that the alleged leader of the coup, Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu, was Igbo in name only. “Not only was he born in Kaduna, the capital of the Muslim North, he was widely known as someone who saw himself as a Northerner, spoke fluent Hausa and little Igbo and wore the Northern traditional dress when not in uniform (p79).”

Really? First, it was not mysterious that Azikiwe left the country in October 1965 on an endless medical cruise to Britain and the Caribbean. Dr. Idehen, his personal doctor, abandoned him when he got tired of the endless medical trip....

Second, the eastern leadership was spared when others were murdered. Third, the head of state, Major-General Thomas Aguiyi-Ironsi, an Igbo, did not try to execute the coup plotters as was the practice in a purely military affair. Ojukwu told Suzanne Cronje, the British-South African author, that he asked Aguiyi-Ironsi to take over and told him how to unite the army behind him. That was the reason he made him the governor of Eastern Region. .....

Five, during the Aburi negotiations, why was full reprieve for the coup plotters put on the table? Six, a freed Nzeogwu by April 1967, before the secession, joined in training recruits in Abakaliki for the inevitable war with Nigeria. He later died on the Nsukka front, fighting for Biafra. That was Achebe’s Hausa-speaking, kaftan-wearing Kaduna man, who was Igbo in name only. It was an Igbo coup. The same repackaging was attempted for the invasion and occupation of the Midwest. It was called liberation of Midwest from Hausa-Fulani domination when it was simply another Igbo coup for Igbo ends, planned in Enugu and headed by a Yoruba man.

However, the January coup did not foment a much more visceral response in the Western Region since their assassinated political leader was viewed as part of the corrupt, troublesome, election-rigging class. To Westerners, the coup was good riddance to bad rubbish. But to the Northerners, who were feudal in their social organisation, it was a different matter.

Sardauna was their all in all; he was the heir to the powerful Sokoto Caliphate and descendant of Usman dan Fodio. More than Azikiwe and Awolowo, Sardauna was the most powerful politician in Nigeria (pg 46). Murdering him was murdering the pride of a people. Achebe chooses to ignore this perspective and more importantly the fact that the Igbo in the North were widely taunting their hosts on the loss of their leaders. Celestine Ukwu, a popular Igbo musician, released songs titled Ewu Ne Ba Akwa (Goats Are Crying) and others celebrating “Igbo power”, the “January Victory.” Posters, stickers, postcards, cartoons displaying the murdered Sardauna begging Major Nzeogwu at the gates of heaven or Balewa burning outright in pits of hell or Nzeogwu standing St. George-like on Sardauna, the defeated dragon, began to show up across Northern towns and cities. These provocations were so pervasive that they warranted the promulgation of Decree 44 of 1966 banning them. The Igbo did not stop. Azikiwe is more honest than Achebe. In his pamphlet, The Origins of the Civil War, he writes: “Some Ibo elements, who were domiciled in Northern Nigeria taunted northerners by defaming their leaders through means of records or songs or pictures. They also published pamphlets and postcards, which displayed a peculiar representation of certain northerners, living or dead, in a manner likely to provoke disaffection.” These images and songs eventually led to the so-called pogroms/ethnic-cleansing/genocide, not the coup. The coup was in January, the pogroms started late in May and the provocations were in between.

However, the Igbo in the East did not sit idly by. They started the massacre of innocent Northerners in their midst. Achebe chose to ignore this account since it does not serve his agenda so we return to Azikiwe: “Between August and September 1966, either by chance or by design, hundreds of Hausa, Fulani, Nupe and Igala-speaking peoples of Northern Nigeria origin residing in the Eastern Nigeria were abducted and massacred in Aba, Abakaliki, Enugu, Onitsha and Port Harcourt.” It is worthy to note that these Northerners never published nor circulated irreverent or taunting pictures of Eastern leaders unlike the Igbo of the North; they were just massacred for being Northerners.

The government of Eastern Region did not stand up to stop these massacres. Neither did the Igbo intellectuals. Ojukwu, the military administrator, even made a radio broadcast, saying he could no longer guarantee the security of non-Eastern Nigerians in the East and that Easterners, who did not return to Igboland, would be considered traitors.

This was the time Professor Sam Aluko, who was the head of Economics department at University of Nigeria, Nsukka, and personal friend of Ojukwu, fled back to the West. Azikiwe continues in his book: “Eyewitnesses gave on-the-spot accounts of corpses floating in the Imo River and River Niger. Radio Cotonou broadcast this macabre news, which was suppressed by Enugu Radio. Then Radio Kaduna relayed it and this sparked off the massacres of September – October 1966 [in the North].”

I Above Others

Achebe, like Enugu Radio, suppressed this information and goes on to pivot the “pogrom” on the fact that the Igbo were resented because they were the most superior, most successful nationality in the country. He claims (on pg 233) that they were “the dominant tribe,” “led the nation in virtually every sector – politics, education, commerce, and the arts (pg 66),” which included having two vice-chancellors in Yorubaland; they the Igbo are the folkloric “leopard, the wise and peaceful king of the animals (pg177),” they “spearheaded (pg 97) the struggle to free Nigeria from colonial rule.” “This group, the Igbo, that gave the colonising British so many headaches and then literally drove them out of Nigeria was now an open target, scapegoats for the failings and grievances of colonial and post-independent Nigeria (pg 67).”....

Does anyone know where copies of this book written by Azikiwe can be found??! undecided

It would make interesting reading.

@LastProphet, any ideas..?
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by PenSniper: 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
frodobee:
A song just comes to mind "play your own kind of music, sing your own kind of song; even if nobody else sings along".
This is your opinion, out of respect for your stress I won't call it thrash.
Next time you want to call a person names, remember to first google your name. As at the moment, your generation don't have an Achebe mate/equal.

You mean Chinua Achebe, the senal slowpoke ? Only morons and clowns would believe Achebe's fabrications, falsehood and propagandist book.
Achebe was a classic case of a man who acquired western education only to become more illiterate in his thinking. In other words, western education served to accentuate his native primitiveness rather than civilise and transform them.

All the references made to Nwakama, Azikiwe, Uwechue, Smith and cables sent to Washington by their envoys prove the fact that Achebe's book is not worth the paper upon which it was written.

My suspicion is that Achebe, as part of those yes-men and propagandist inner circle of Ojukwu, wrote his book simply to deflect blame for their gagantuan failure and duplicity in loss of their own people.

He was the classic case of a false leader who deliberately vomited unjustified stench in order to create a perpetual enmity between his people and their neighbours.

It is no wonder that such men and Ojukwu are celebrated by their partners in defective cognitive reasoning.

The account narrated in this post as to the genesis of the whole episode, the selective massacre of political leaders, the tiping off of Azikiwe by the ibo coupists, refusal to touch Okpara by Ifeajuna, the ensueing taunting of northerners in their own domain, the printing and distribution of pamphlets, posters, banners, etc by ibos to further taunt the northerners are factual. I have known of these facts because i lived through it all.

For their own security, peace and progress, it is better for nigeria to allow self-determination for those who want it. From all indications, the ibos are not a tribe to peaceably co-habit with.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by PenSniper: 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
AnambraDota:
There is no different between a Zulu and a yolobaman.

A zulu will kick at the statue of a death whiteman but will kill a blackman who did nothing to him, a yolobaman will spit on the picture of the Gambari elites but always square up to fight an Igboman.

Its only in yolobaland that a roadside
mechanic thinks a medical doctor is taking away his job.

The zulus shout foreigners should leave their country, yolobass shout Easterners should go back to their village.

The zulus loot people's shops when they attack, yolobass are waiting for the fulanis to attack Eastern for them to occupy properties in lagos.

Both people are covetous, both are ugly and lazy

The ibos are despicable beasts and everything sordid, repulsive, inverterate, criminal, canibalistic and primitive. They stink and ooze a nauseating odour and polute every society you find them with crime.
They are the ordained sacrificial goats for the lands of Indonesia, Malaysia, China and Thailand..l
Hear the Thai Police Department - "the ibos are a disgrace and embarrassment to the entire black race". That was after years of careful documentation of high-tech criminal tendencies of ibos, the perpetual vagabonds and wanderers of the globe.

I looked through the entire list of ibo people and i can only find two people of repute, to the best of my knowledge - Prof. Ben Nwabueze and late Dora Akuyili.
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by PenSniper: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
superstar1:

Mark my word, you will still be shouting Biafra till 2050.

You are totally oblivious of the workings of international politics.

O ya carry your ghana-must-go and leave now. who is holding you?

i am sure 90% of Nigerians cannot wait for you to go.. How you want to leave is actually your headache and not anybody's.

Period. But the problem is that they keep weeping they are not allowed to go but i cannot see anyone holding them back.
When they left in droves during the June 12 crises, nobody pleaded with them to stay.
It was a relief to everybody when they left and an eye-opener that their presence was suffocating and poluting.
But they shamefully returned to avoid mass death from hunger.
The tales of woe and regret by those of them in our neighbourhood in Lawanson then was of utter misery.
You want to go. Everybody West and North want you to go. What excuse do you have for staying back ?
Go, go, go, the sooner the better, if you daren

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by basilo101: 12:07am On Aug 28, 2015
chai, yorubas are running mad

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by basilo101: 12:15am On Aug 28, 2015
PenSniper:

Period. But the problem is that they keep weeping they are not allowed to go but i cannot see anyone holding them back.
When they left in droves during the June 12 crises, nobody pleaded with them to stay.
It was a relief to everybody when they left and an eye-opener that their presence was suffocating and poluting.
But they shamefully returned to avoid mass death from hunger.
The tales of woe and regret by those of them in our neighbourhood in Lawanson then was of utter misery.
You want to go. Everybody West and North want you to go. What excuse do you have for staying back ?
Go, go, go, the sooner the better, if you daren
wat is wrong with yoruba and their useless logic? hw can ppl "go" while still remaining in the same country? are u ppl stupid? wen we left to form our own govt didn't ur fathers come to owerri to beg us to kum back? each time we mention Biafra u start talking about war yet u come here to claim nobody is stoping us from going, are u stuuupid or wat?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by PenSniper: 3:00am On Aug 28, 2015
basilo101:

wat is wrong with yoruba and their useless logic? hw can ppl "go" while still remaining in the same country? are u ppl stupid? wen we left to form our own govt didn't ur fathers come to owerri to beg us to kum back? each time we mention Biafra u start talking about war yet u come here to claim nobody is stoping us from going, are u stuuupid or wat?

You seem to have your brains turned upside down. Awo came to Ojukwu to talk sense into him and to make him see what his ego and unbridled ambition blindfolded him from seeing.
Your refusal to listen to superior wisdom led you into mass suicide.

Its you silly clowns who are threatening war should you not be
allowed to go. Nobody threatens you with war. With the exception of recent statement from the ACF, and in which they did not even threaten war, everybody north and west have largely ignored your tantrums, chest-beating and war-cry.

The problem with you ibos is that you lack the courage to bell the cart out of cowardice. The fear of a repeat perrformance of 67/68 has turned you into a jelly and sending jitters into your spine.

You are spineless and only good at
chest-beating. Otherwise, tell me a single person that has told you not to go or forever keep shut.
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by laudate: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2015
Chai!! Na wey I dey since?? I don miss all the drama. Why una no call me, nah?? shocked
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by PenSniper: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:
Chai!! Na wey I dey since?? I don miss all the drama. Why una no call me, nah?? shocked

Did you travel to Mars ? Welcome back. How are the green people ? Any memento brought back ?
Re: Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction by laudate: 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Refutes Smuggling Allegation, Demand Retraction, Compensation / Why Is Fuel Now Cheapest In SW & Very Costly In North? / Goodbye Nigeria, Welcome Oduduwa Republic, By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.