Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! (252596 Views)

Do You Notice This About Yorùbá People? / Having Visitors Without Prior Notice: Your View / Using The Toilet Compared To Life, Notice In An Office: Your Reaction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1526538/ijebu-jebusites-what-myth/6

Can one of you guys un hide and un ban my post on the 6th page of the on. Its my KidStranglehold account.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Stranglehold: https://www.nairaland.com/1526538/ijebu-jebusites-what-myth/6

Can one of you guys un hide and un ban my post on the 6th page of the on. Its my KidStranglehold account.

Thanks in advance.

Done
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
Fulaman198:

Done

lol...I'm still banned because I cant post. grin

But thanks for unhiding my post.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
Stranglehold:

lol...I'm still banned because I cant post. grin

But thanks for unhiding my post.

You should be able to post now, I can't see any indication of you being banned
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
I still can't post under my KidStranglehold account which is my main account.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
Stranglehold: I still can't post under my KidStranglehold account which is my main account.

Ok, go ahead now
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 24, 2013
Thanks!
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by RandomAfricanAm: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
OK this is a "make or break" favor embarassed

I spent a solid hour building a great post with peer reviewed material and links detailing the movement of people out of the Sahara desert and their subsequent populating of the African continent. In it I questioned the possibility of being pushed not only to the Nile valley but also the Levant along with other place on the Arabian peninsula.

Before posting it I copied it incase It was to long or something weird happened. It posted fine so I went ahead and started to add an addition to the thread detailing the Nubian tool complex normally found around the nile valley but currently found to stretch down into the southern Arabian peninsula around Oman dated to 100k BC which is prior to the 60k BC "Out of Africa migration". Obviously this shows that the sea was no real barrier and that the same culture if not people inhabited the Nile valley and parts of Arabia prior to being pushed out of the Sahara.

When I went to add that new post I was auto-banned and got the message...
"This topic has been removed or hidden"

This is the location it was at (posted around 2:00am EST 11/25/2013)
https://www.nairaland.com/1530367/how-accurate-say-map-anthropologist

If you can't reopen it or even retrieve some kind of raw data dump that I can use to repost it I will be in a position were I will be far less likely to really put in work to make good post out of fear of a similar thing happening (I can't find those references/quotes again) cry

Please work yo magic !?!?
[img]http://image.forumfree.it/7/8/0/6/0/6/5/1373750494.png[/img]
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: OK this is a "make or break" favor embarassed

I spent a solid hour building a great post with peer reviewed material and links detailing the movement of people out of the Sahara desert and their subsequent populating of the African continent. In it I questioned the possibility of being pushed not only to the Nile valley but also the Levant along with other place on the Arabian peninsula.

Before posting it I copied it incase It was to long or something weird happened. It posted fine so I went ahead and started to add an addition to the thread detailing the Nubian tool complex normally found around the nile valley but currently found to stretch down into the southern Arabian peninsula around Oman dated to 100k BC which is prior to the 60k BC "Out of Africa migration". Obviously this shows that the sea was no real barrier and that the same culture if not people inhabited the Nile valley and parts of Arabia prior to being pushed out of the Sahara.

When I went to add that new post I was auto-banned and got the message...
"This topic has been removed or hidden"

This is the location it was at (posted around 2:00am EST 11/25/2013)
https://www.nairaland.com/1530367/how-accurate-say-map-anthropologist

If you can't reopen it or even retrieve some kind of raw data dump that I can use to repost it I will be in a position were I will be far less likely to really put in work to make good post out of fear of a similar thing happening (I can't find those references/quotes again) cry

Please work yo magic !?!?
[img]http://image.forumfree.it/7/8/0/6/0/6/5/1373750494.png[/img]

Not to sound mean, but instead of writing a life story next time, can you truncate and please get straight to the point. Not everyone here enjoys reading blocks of text and it was probably the AntiSpam bot that hid your posts.

Fixed!
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by RandomAfricanAm: 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Big'ol hugs and a golden nugget for Fulaman!
**I put a lot of work into that post**
"Not to sound mean, but..."
Hey, no animosity felt here. I can't know unless I'm informed and now I know.
**I just didn't know if you would have to jump through a hoop or two to fix it.(hence the justification)**

Thanks, I've been made a believer in the nairaland system/culture board!
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by bigfrancis21: 1:08am On Nov 27, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: Big'ol hugs and a golden nugget for Fulaman!
**I put a lot of work into that post**

Hey, no animosity felt here. I can't know unless I'm informed and now I know.
**I just didn't know if you would have to jump through a hoop or two to fix it.(hence the justification)**

Thanks, I've been made a believer in the nairaland system/culture board!

FulaMan was right. Many members can barely read a paragraph-long post let alone something as lengthy as yours. Your post is indeed very long.

If you want to gather the attention of members to your posts Here are some tips:
1) Break your points and arrange them into lists.
2) Be precise and straight to the point.
3) Make use of paragraphs. Break your write up into as many paragraphs as possible. Having many paragraphs helps to make an otherwise long write-up seem short.
4) Most importantly, avoid extra long write-ups.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by RandomAfricanAm: 1:26am On Nov 27, 2013
Are you referring to...
the post that I asked to be unhidden
or
the post in this thread above with the fingers crossed image?
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by bigfrancis21: 1:54am On Nov 27, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: Are you referring to...
the post that I asked to be unhidden
or
the post in this thread above with the fingers crossed image?

The one you asked to be unhidden.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by RandomAfricanAm: 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
I agree with being concise...

adjective
"1. giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive."

I'm also cautious not to betray the topic or "talk down" to my intended audience. I've never been a big fan of the "A.D.D generation"(everyone has a short attention span) position. In general I believe in the potential of people(whether they meet it or not). In this case the potential I'm referring to is the taking in, sharing, and processing of information concerning the migration of Africans out of the Sahara into the Arabian peninsula; using the extent to which Africans where pushed in other directions of the Sahara as context for how far they could have been pushed east.

My method to help the audience meet that potential is not by truncating the info(for a perceived attention deficit) **I don't think it's an attention issue at all people simply know what they feel like/have time for consuming and need a method of determining if they want to invest time**. I help that potential along by structuring the info for layered consumption.

1.The first thing I did was split the question at hand from the context(If interested in the question keep reading if not go with love)
2.Second the important parts of the context is embolden and coupled with pictures so that the interested audience can get a quick executive level summery of the topic.
3.Third if seriously interested they can read it in context by reading the unembolden parts.

4.I go back from time to time to touch up my articles to make them clearer**that's probably what's erking the spam-bot...hmm**

I suggest you go back **don't read it** but actually look at it's structure instead. It's made for very quick consumption and lets you know if you even want to consume in the first 4 lines by separating the question for the context.

https://www.nairaland.com/1530367/when-arabian-peninsula-northeast-africa
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by bigfrancis21: 3:56am On Nov 29, 2013
I wasn't saying anything was wrong with your post. I was only giving you tips to make your posts 'attractive' and 'catchy' to the members here to gather the attention and traffic to it that you need. Many members here find it difficult to read short passages let alone very long ones. Your post is rather too long. If you could shorten it, that will be better.

PS: I've unhidden your first post on that thread. Try not to modify it again so as to prevent the anti-spam bot from automatically hiding it again.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by RandomAfricanAm: 4:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Spam bot got me again!? That thing must hate me grin

Thanks man
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by bigfrancis21: 12:03am On Dec 01, 2013
RandomAfricanAm: Spam bot got me again!? That thing must hate me grin

Thanks man

Which post of yours got banned? I've checked and I didn't see nothing.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by RandomAfricanAm: 12:57am On Dec 01, 2013
I'm good I was just replying to

PS: I've unhidden your first post on that thread. Try not to modify it again so as to prevent the anti-spam bot from automatically hiding it again.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by ETAPHYSICAL: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mods,

Please help resolve spambot on metaphysical.

Thanks.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
ETAPHYSICAL: Mods,

Please help resolve spambot on metaphysical.

Thanks.

Done my friend
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by ETAPHYSICAL: 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Done my friend

Fulaman,

Jam!

The help Im seeeking is on the following. Its not for eta but for META. See below. Can you also help me restore the post that was snatched by the bot. Thanks.

METSPHYSICAL -
Banned by AntispamBot in Culture for https://www.nairaland.com/1239208/short-history-yorubaland-pictures/21#19918409. Ban expires on 2:24pm On Dec 02
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
ETAPHYSICAL:

Fulaman,

Jam!

The help Im seeeking is on the following. Its not for eta but for META. See below. Can you also help me restore the post that was snatched by the bot. Thanks.

METSPHYSICAL -
Banned by AntispamBot in Culture for https://www.nairaland.com/1239208/short-history-yorubaland-pictures/21#19918409. Ban expires on 2:24pm On Dec 02

hi I just sent you an e-mail you should be unbanned now
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by MetaPhysical: 12:04am On Dec 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

Thank you sir. I see you recovered the post.. Thanks much.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 7:17am On Dec 02, 2013
MetaPhysical:

Thank you sir. I see you recovered the post.. Thanks much.

No problem
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Andyblaze: 12:56am On Dec 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

Plz frontpage

https://www.nairaland.com/1541523/crazy-stuffs-believed-kid-which
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by bigfrancis21: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by TerraCotta(m): 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mods--I think a recent post of mine was blocked by the spambot. Here's the thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1239208/short-history-yorubaland-pictures/22

I can't imagine there was anything objectionable in the post so could one of you please unblock it? If there was some reason for the quote to be blocked, please let me know.

Thanks.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Fulaman198(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
TerraCotta: Mods--I think a recent post of mine was blocked by the spambot. Here's the thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1239208/short-history-yorubaland-pictures/22

I can't imagine there was anything objectionable in the post so could one of you please unblock it? If there was some reason for the quote to be blocked, please let me know.

Thanks.

Unblocked thanks for informing us.
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by Andyblaze: 1:08am On Dec 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Done.
not
Re: Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! by TerraCotta(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fulaman198:

Unblocked thanks for informing us.

Thank you Fulaman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply)

Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Igbos come show your proverbs skills / African Weddings From All Over!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.