Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? (2324 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / 10 Reasons Why You Should TITHE... / Nine Reasons Why You Should Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2015
I discussed tithing with a friend and the issue of accurate payment of tithe popped up. I just want to know your views. should tithe be based on your gross or net income as a christian?

Cc lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 10:28pm On May 17, 2015
No not at all.
If you are a follower of Christ, and you prefer to chase after a tithing Mammon, Just remember you can't worship God and Mammon at the same time.
Mbkite:
I discussed tithing with a friend and the issue of accurate payment of tithe popped up. I just want to know your views. should tithe be based on your gross or net income as a christian?

1 Like

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by enilove(m): 12:14am On May 18, 2015
Mbkite:

It is based on net income.

Your real income is the total income less deductions like : union dues , paye tax ,pension contribution . Tithe should be paid on this.

2 Likes

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 7:36am On May 18, 2015
enilove:

It is based on net income.

Your real income is the total income less deductions like : union dues , paye tax ,pension contribution . Tithe should be paid on this.

my thought also.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 7:46am On May 18, 2015
brocab:
No not at all.
If you are a follower of Christ, and you prefer to chase after a tithing Mammon, Just remember you can't worship God and Mammon at the same time.

bro, make ur point clearer pls. Thanx
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 8:03am On May 19, 2015
cool Read the word brother, its the only way to freedom
Mbkite:

1 Like

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 8:07am On May 19, 2015
How clear do you want it, tithing's was never for us Christians, unless your a Jew from the old testament, or a Levite who received tithes from the Jews?
Even today in this day and age the Jews don't pay tithes..
Mbkite:

2 Likes

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 8:48am On May 19, 2015
brocab:
How clear do you want it, tithing's was never for us Christians, unless your a Jew from the old testament, or a Levite who received tithes from the Jews?
Even today in this day and age the Jews don't pay tithes..

ok. My question is nt whether it is right or wrong to pay tithe, 'cos I already knw d answer. My question is, should tithe be based on gross or net income.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 9:03am On May 19, 2015
No not at all, tithing and giving have two different meanings.
Tithe was never meant to be money finances, only food products, it was a law given to the rich herdsmen and the farmers to support the Levi priesthood at the time, from there to the needy.
Today, not even in Israel they pay tithes.
Don't be fooled by these conmen, read the word and ask the Lord to show you the truth.
The birds of the air they neither sow nor they reap, nor put into barns, and the Lord feeds them, how much more are you.
Mbkite:

ok. My question is nt whether it is right or wrong to pay tithe, 'cos I already knw d answer. My question is, should tithe be based on gross or net income.

2 Likes

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 9:39am On May 19, 2015
brocab:
No not at all, tithing and giving have two different meanings.
Tithe was never meant to be money finances, only food products, it was a law given to the rich herdsmen and the farmers to support the Levi priesthood at the time, from there to the needy.
Today, not even in Israel they pay tithes.
Don't be fooled by these conmen, read the word and ask the Lord to show you the truth.
The birds of the air they neither sow nor they reap, nor put into barns, and the Lord feeds them, how much more are you.

My brother, u dey pour water 4 hard solid rock! No need preaching to me.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 4:14pm On May 19, 2015
You asked and I wrote it down, and plus why not preach the word-you are confused? It was you who asked if it was relevant, to pay tithes on weekly earnings. I only stepped in to help a brother in need.
Mbkite:

My brother, u dey pour water 4 hard solid rock! No need preaching to me.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 7:05pm On May 19, 2015
brocab:
You asked and I wrote it down, and plus why not preach the word-you are confused? It was you who asked if it was relevant, to pay tithes on weekly earnings. I only stepped in to help a brother in need.
nnah, u dey worry sha.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 1:27am On May 20, 2015
Always a brother
Mbkite:

nnah, u dey worry sha.

2 Likes

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by openmine(m): 1:29am On May 20, 2015
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 6:27am On May 20, 2015
openmine:
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
did jus book space?
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by openmine(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2015
Mbkite:

did jus book space?
book space for a "repeated and over exhausted" topic? you must be joking.... grin
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 8:10am On May 20, 2015
openmine:

book space for a "repeated and over exhausted" topic?
you must be joking.... grin
no vex oga, i joined nairaland last nite. I no knw say na exhausted n repeated topic.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by openmine(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2015
Mbkite:

no vex oga, i joined nairaland last nite. I no knw say na exhausted n repeated topic.
ok no vex.....i no check ur profile cool cool
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 12:10pm On May 21, 2015
Tithing shouldn't be mentioned full stop. It was an old testament law that none of us follow any longer.
If you pay tithes or receive tithes, you are committing a crime against the word of God, It's stealing..
One of the 10 commandments is-They shall not steal..
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 1:07pm On May 21, 2015
brocab:
Tithing shouldn't be mentioned full stop. It was an old testament law that none of us follow any longer.
If you pay tithes or receive tithes, you are committing a crime against the word of God, It's stealing..
One of the 10 commandments is-They shall not steal..

NOTED!
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by esere826: 1:51pm On May 21, 2015
Mbkite:

neither
I think it should be based on future income

By faith we are children of Abraham abi?
faith is the "solidity" of things not seen, of things hoped for.

If we have faith that we are millionaires or will be millionaires
then we activate its solidity by tithing our future income

shikena

2 Likes

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2015
esere826:

neither

shikena
lol, nice one.
"wisdom is the principal thing. Wisdom is profitable to direct. In all thy getting, get wisdom"
Bro, u nid to apply wisdom!
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 6:17am On May 24, 2015
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Nobody: 8:39am On May 24, 2015
Mbkite:

Tithing has never been on income, only on fruit of the land. I wonder what is net or gross about dt!
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Nobody: 8:41am On May 24, 2015
esere826:

neither

shikena
The logic they use on brainless ppl. U tithe future income in order to be a millionaire? Wht will these thieves not bring in order to fleece ppl?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by juventino: 9:00am On May 24, 2015
esere826:

neither

shikena
angry grin grin grin
Too funny. Please tell them

1 Like

Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 9:38am On May 24, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Tithing has never been on income, only on fruit of the land. I wonder what is net or gross about dt!
so hw do u pay it based on d fruit of d land?
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 9:40am On May 24, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

The logic they use on brainless ppl. U tithe future income in order to be a millionaire? Wht will these thieves not bring in order to fleece ppl?
me no even understand him
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Nobody: 9:48am On May 24, 2015
Mbkite:

so hw do u pay it based on d fruit of d land?
Read Deut 14.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by brocab: 5:20am On May 26, 2015
And?
Bobbysworld28:

Read Deut 14.
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 6:26am On May 26, 2015
brocab:
And?
have u read?
Re: Should Tithe Be Based On Gross Or Net Income? by Mbkite(m): 6:26am On May 26, 2015
brocab:
And?
have u read it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

YES MARRIAGE At THE AGE OF 9 Years / Message Series / Rev. Msgr Matthew Hassan Kukah Appointed Bishop Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.