Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:06 AM

(photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life (50002 Views)

Am Having An Extra Year In School I Feel Like A Failure Now. / My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real / Photos: Convocation Ceremony Of Two Nairalanders At 'better By Far' University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Phizzlephizz(m): 7:55pm On May 17, 2015
this picture just said everything. I can remember vividly in my primary school days how my class teacher would rain abuses on Bolaji my classmate who always come last in position, and tell us how poor and wretched people like him would end up, and how Franklin was always the talk of the school cuz of his brilliance I really don't know much of there whereabouts now tho but for secondary school the worst student in my class was my bossom friend, Akeem no know book no be lie I made fond of him in his absence and we find it all funny reading his exam scripts as it is filled with jargon, Akeem didn't further his education into tertiary institution he went to his homeland (ogun state) in 2010 just as I left for school. We had a secondary school get together for my set last year Dec. 2014 and the only person that turned up with a car was the olodo Akeem as we usually call him, we were amazed most drinks were on him after the party as usual na as a bosom friend I had d front sit on our way home we got talking and Akeem said he's into Agriculture back home(ogun) and has 1 hectare of land where he planted plantain and he also does fish farming, he also said he's building his own house that was when I got struck in total awe, and am still here struggling for a 2.1 without assurance of a well paying Job after graduation.

104 Likes 26 Shares

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Xslaze3xd(m): 8:00pm On May 17, 2015
what will I say now?

*Modified
F.T.C dedicated to all Fallen and Living Heroes of The Nigerian Army, Navy and Airforce. You are all gallant men.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 17, 2015
Lol,
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 17, 2015
Lol...so true.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by coolebux(m): 8:05pm On May 17, 2015
There are many facets of destiny School is way way out of it.

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by carik(m): 8:08pm On May 17, 2015
Word!
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Princecalm(m): 8:08pm On May 17, 2015
That does not mean if you go into agriculture, you will also make it. All fingers are not equal.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 17, 2015
That's to tell u that we have the wrong notion about education and schooling. Teachers and parents no dey try. parent always want their children to come first no matter the cost, whether these children get the needed skills or not. Teachers paint it like your life is doomed when u come last.

But the truth is, if u can't work with your hands and if u re not smarter than just books, nothing for u, whether u come first or last. That's why I like the movie, 3 idiots!

Op I wish I could like ur post more than once! U re spot on. I'll advise u acquire a skill, especially something u love doing. Jobs aint guaranteed in Nigeria, no matter which class u graduate with. A skill will help u during rough times and might become a medium through which God will bless you!

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Obinovictor(m): 8:21pm On May 17, 2015
Op, I agree with you to some extent. But education is the key.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by ralph28(m): 8:42pm On May 17, 2015
My dear,if you join him in agricultural business after your graduation, I bet you,with your level of education you'll over take him in two years.

The pen is mightier than the sword. QED.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by amokeme(f): 8:48pm On May 17, 2015
The definition on the second image is so true!

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by tpiadotcom: 9:01pm On May 17, 2015
Just dont hate on those who made different choices than you.

all this anti school stuff is probably not originating from nigerians.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by tpiadotcom: 9:02pm On May 17, 2015
Princecalm:
That does not mean if you go into agriculture, you will also make it. All fingers are not equal.

it is ignorance which makes people assume everything is always greener just because they are anti something.

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by topygel: 9:03pm On May 17, 2015
Well, Education is still the best legacy, no matter how, your 2.1 will pay your bill one day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by tpiadotcom: 9:04pm On May 17, 2015
As if educated people do not farm?

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by maxit2(m): 9:05pm On May 17, 2015
When you've got skills like my humble self. You'll understand no employer can pay you. Unless ofcourse they can pay you footballers salary.
School is good but NOT compulsory. Learn the basics and you are good to go. Travel, gain exposure.
Most people who school forget everything they learnt in 2 years.. especially folks in the science fields. Where all they do is cram formulas without questioning the practical applications. All these "scholars" wanna do is pass exams and get a job in chevron.

Stay focused people and always understand you are on your own. Choose the path you believe and excel.
Goodluck to any young aspiring person out there.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by okooloyun1(m): 9:05pm On May 17, 2015
Op your own time will come
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Thespecialone(m): 9:06pm On May 17, 2015
True.
To a certain extent.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 17, 2015
True that.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by snowland(m): 9:07pm On May 17, 2015
True
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Princecalm(m): 9:07pm On May 17, 2015
tpiadotcom:

it is ignorance which makes people assume everything is always greener just because they are anti something.
and that will not help matters at all.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 17, 2015
topygel:
Well, Education is still the best legacy, no matter, your 2.1 will pay you bill one day
I know people who can not defend their 2.1.

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by ayusco85(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2015
ok
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Pavore9: 9:08pm On May 17, 2015
lf you are opportune to study, please do that but have an open mind because life's skills are not just solely contained in prints.

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by misterchris(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2015
Lazy man's talk
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 17, 2015
Obinovictor:

key to ?
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 17, 2015
This is the kind of nonsense people tell themselves to feel all warm and fuzzy over their refusal to get an education!

School rocks, get an education, get a life.

3 Likes

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by theozobby(m): 9:10pm On May 17, 2015
That's LIFE
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 17, 2015
Obinovictor:

education is d key but not classroom education, dat is what d op means. u can get educated abt hunting by a hunter and become successful thru huntin. u must not graduate 4rm bsu #classroom education is over rated.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by quest003: 9:10pm On May 17, 2015
Akeem ti te n di.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Universities Break Into Africa's Top 10 / Boy Bullied In A Hostel Of Babcock University [PICS+VIDEO] / University Of Maiduguri Lecturer Kneels Student Down As Form Of Punishment (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.