Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently (6911 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by igaro: 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2009
Hi there,

You have a loving and very hardworking wife. Your job is whack, , and you haven't been paid salaries for some months, you r broke
and you need to move house, eventually your wife paid the rent for the new crib amongst other things,

How should you feel in that new house when you guys eventually move in?

Free  smiley or restricted  sad, owing to your financial and emotional situation?
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by tpia: 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by kokorunna(m): 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
I will feel free as long as I know that she is doing a legitimate work and not getting money from sugar daddies.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by sistawoman: 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2009
Is she not your wife?

why would you not feel free in your own home?

She paid the rent and things so that the family could move; you are part of that family right?

A husband and wife are partners for life.  When one does not have the other is there; I would be insulted if my husband felt like because I pay more bills then him he has to walk around his castle on eggshells.  My husband is the head of my house and it does not matter whos salary is more because all of it belongs to us both. 

We both work hard to provide for and take care of each other, thus in turn we are taking care of ourselves.  Example:  I call all over town to find my husband a doctor, spending most of my day on the phone interviewing propective doctors.  I spent my whole day consumed with doing something for him but it benifits me too.  When he sees the doctor i find the doctor keeps him healthly thus making him live longer thus making me happy in the end to have a healthy and happy husband.

In these trying times it really does not matter who paid the bills just so long as they are paid.

I married for better or worse did you not do the same?

1 Like

Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by sweetmum(f): 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2009
feel free.

1 Like

Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by tope2000(f): 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2009
Why wudnt you feel free??
so ur wife paid the house rent - Big Deal? undecided
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by mohawkchic(f): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2009
igaro:

Hi there,

You have a loving and very hardworking wife. Your job is whack, , and you haven't been paid salaries for some months, you r broke
and you need to move house, eventually your wife paid the rent for the new crib amongst other things,

How should you feel in that new house when you guys eventually move in?

Free  smiley or restricted  sad, owing to your financial and emotional situation?

~Get On Your Knees & Thank God Your Better Half is Loving & Hardworking  . .and most of all that She Is Not Rubbing Your Nose In It that she's supporting the family!!

~Dont Let Your Male Ego get in the way of You Appreciating your Blessing!! She became your wife for Better or Worse . . in some cases you do get tested on "The Worse" bit of your vows!!

~Thoughts of you feeling less of a man b/c of your financial suitation is expected as you're no longer in a position to do the things that are expected of You . . In in the same breathe, thoughts Like that Sow the Seeds That Makes Cracks In  A Relationship!! Its not a road you want to go down so be Optimistic things will work out w/ your Job suitation & show your wife you Appreciate her efforts!!
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Outstrip(f): 1:49am On Feb 11, 2009
I am glad you are talking about it sha. Don't let useless pride cause trouble for you guys. Why should you not feel free. If the tables were turned would you expect her to feel like a loser. Don't start getting thoughts in your head now. It is y'alls home and not just hers.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by prittigrrr(f): 2:55am On Feb 11, 2009
She is doing her job. When u get on your feet never forget her kindness and faithfulness and treat her like the queen she is.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by igaro: 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
Outstrip:

I am glad you are talking about it sha. Don't let useless pride cause trouble for you guys. Why should you not feel free. If the tables were turned would you expect her to feel like a loser. Don't start getting thoughts in your head now. It is y'alls home and not just hers.

Gracial all,
All comments appreciated. But the thing is the job situation is really disturbing necessitating the need to be alone many times.
Moreso, some of her family know about this situation, as some pass "tongue in cheek comments " atimes.
But they are in-laws,  what can one do?!?!
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by sparta(f): 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2009
Gracial all,
All comments appreciated. But the thing is the job situation is really disturbing necessitating the need to be alone many times.
Moreso, some of her family know about this situation, as some pass "tongue in cheek comments " atimes.
But they are in-laws, what can one do?!?!

Wetin concern your inlaws, let them run their commentary as much as they want to as long as your wife does not rub it in your face. people will always talk, man you are blessed and people are only jealous because you are not totally down due to the loss of your job. Don't let them break your marriage, be strong and happy.

But why doo you want to be alone?
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Ben13: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2009
that man might have married the wife from a backdoor undecided
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by igaro: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2009
Ben20001:

that man might have married the wife from a backdoor undecided

shocked embarassedNot at all. All necesary protocols were duly observed (Registry,Introduction,Engagement & Church wedding). So!!!!!!!!

sparta:

Wetin concern your inlaws, let them run their commentary as much as they want to as long as your wife does not rub it in your face. people will always talk, man you are blessed and people are only jealous because you are not totally down due to the loss of your job. Don't let them break your marriage, be strong and happy.

But why doo you want to be alone?

THere's this tendency to be alone with no distraction and think of ways to get out of the job quandry, thats just it.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by tpia: 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by JJYOU: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2009
igaro:

Hi there,

and you need to move house, eventually your wife paid the rent for the new crib amongst other things,  [size=1[b][/b]8pt]why do you need to move house? what is the urgency and why couldnt you pay for it?[/size]
How should you feel in that new house when you guys eventually move in?  [size=18pt]i am sorry you shouldnt feel very comfortable. you must never place the burden of providing things like shelter on your wife. it is a NO NO situation[/size]

Free  smiley or restricted  sad, owing to your financial and emotional situation?
tpia:

must the in laws be present in your home? Or who's giving them blow by blow accounts of what goes on in your marriage?
my ma inlaw said if i get to hear only what her daughter knows from a 3rd party i dont have to fast for any revelation.  this is an insider job
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by tpia: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by JJYOU: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2009
are you nigerian? there is a film about this i cant remember the title. it has mama G as the ma in-law.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by sparta(f): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2009
THere's this tendency to be alone with no distraction and think of ways to get out of the job quandry, thats just it.

Its your home whether or not your wife pays the bills for now, you need to be in charge, dont let them intimidate you into a corner. If you need privacy they gotta give you. dem no get work? All this idle inlaws sef. You can also look for a cathederal or church around you when you neeed solitude. Most cathedrals and churches are usually very quiet in the afternoons, believe me you will so much enjoy the environment. Just keep praying and dont let them come btw you and your wife, some inlaws are pain in the neck. The best
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by igaro: 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2009
sparta:

You can also look for a cathederal or church around you when you neeed solitude. Most cathedrals and churches are usually very quiet in the afternoons, believe me you will so much enjoy the environment. Just keep praying and dont let them come btw you and your wife, some inlaws are pain in the neck. The best

Thanks.Thats never been thot of till now taht you mentioned it. God bless you.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by sparta(f): 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2009
you welcome smiley
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Shinatu: 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2009
you mean the wife might have told them? Even if she happened to accidentally mention it in the course of conversation, it doesnt mean they should start putting mouth in other people's matter. Unless she asked them for money.

The wife does not have to tell them anything.
People can tell when a man is jobless.

What her inlaws are doing is the same thing mother inlaws (huband's mum)are good at.
They believe they have invested so much on their child that they do not want someone to be a burden on him/her, because it will definitely affect his/her responsibilities towards them.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by tpia: 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Omolola1(f): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2009
Wonderful!
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by MaiSuya(m): 12:03am On Feb 12, 2009
@poster, I dont think it ordinarily should be a problem, but you know naija women . . .
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by spoilt(f): 1:44am On Feb 12, 2009
When you pay the rent doesnt she feel free in the house?
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by mogentle(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2009
FEEEEEEL freeeeeeee.

Let no rent put Assunder. shocked shocked

Meanwhile, dont get used to that. As a man, u must be ready to provide for your Home.
Let's be realistic, some Naija women are easily intoxicated by power though some are highly supportive. Yoruba people used to say 'Die omokunrin ko to'. i.e. Little of a man is not always enough. Get good job fast. wink
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2009
a lot of good advice has already offered to you. oga as someone rightly said you are partners for life. i would suggest that you stop dissipating negative energy by wasting your emotions on being egocentric. if you stop being bothered am positive something good will come up faster than you think. but pls when your breakthrough comes, don't ever forget your wife and always hold her in high esteem.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by igaro: 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2009
Taliban:

i would suggest that you stop dissipating negative energy by wasting your emotions on being egocentric. if you stop being bothered am positive something good will come up faster than you think. but pls when your breakthrough comes, don't ever forget your wife and always hold her in high esteem.

Wrong impression. 'Have never been and will never be egocentric, esp. with her. just that one has never been in such a position before hence the mixed /confused feelings.  I appreciate and love her a lot and constantly let her know.
10x though.
Regards.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by chikito1(f): 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2009
Take it easy. Thats the reason why a man and woman come together. When one is down the other should be able to

carry both parties along. You have not mentioned that you do not pay at all, but the present situation has called for

your wife who is able to provide to take care of the necessary things that come up. As long as this remains within both

of you, i do not think you owe any explanation to anyone as regards money flow in your home. When things do get

better, which i hope does soon. You will go back to you normal responsibilities. Do not let pride or male ego affect your

relationship. Goodluck.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by benedictac(f): 11:28am On Feb 23, 2009
The bible says anyone who is not able to provide for the family is worst than an infidel. This is either the man or the woman.

The woman is the help meet for the man. So the man needs not be ashamed when he is financially down. Afterall the scripture just has to be fullfiled. The woman just has to meet you in time of help and this is one of those times.

But just sit up and work harder dont relax on your wife's success if not, it will only take the grace of God coz we women are just too wonderful, you know what i mean.

All the same feel free.
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by spikedcylinder: 11:42am On Feb 23, 2009
I tire for men and this their "I must provide everything financial" mentality. What happened to sharing love and responsibility?
Re: Wife Has Financial Upperhand Presently by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2009
@op,

outside of your current woes, i'd say lucky u.

as far as madam is concerned, it is my sole responsibility to provide - and this has caused no end of gragra between us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? / MOTHERS’ DAY - A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / Are Some Ladies Blessed With The Gift Of Foresight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.