Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Marriage Without Bride Price - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Without Bride Price (22169 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by MrNL(m): 10:46pm On May 17, 2015
we call it auren leather
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Flashh: 10:46pm On May 17, 2015
That will really make sense if parents will do away from selling their daughters to the husband.

We love each other, will it be a money thing before we can get married? No!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by tellwisdom: 10:47pm On May 17, 2015
Bride price--Nil??....Which exam dem set this question, and where are the other questions?
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by EPHYMANAS: 10:47pm On May 17, 2015
Because women have now become xcess comodity so the price has come down to the lowest number

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2015
Challenge to IGBOS

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by UnknownT: 10:47pm On May 17, 2015
Lol. I guess it will be like Nigerian University fees schedule where you will see Tuition - nil but by the time you don pay this and that e go Don clock 100k+

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by moremuch1(m): 10:48pm On May 17, 2015
Thats good to know but very rare
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by baybeeboi: 10:48pm On May 17, 2015
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by chidinwachukwu(m): 10:49pm On May 17, 2015
Yes I went a traditional wedding in izuakoli community in Abia State were.
Brides Peole: pay us 1million as bride price Grooms people:we will pay 50thousand.
Brides People: okay give us 350thousand naira
Grooms people:we will pay 60thousand naira.
Brides People: grin angry sad you people tryed in pricing 60thousand naira but it is not enough
Grooms people:how much do you people want last.
Brides people:Give us 60naira only.
Grooms people: undecided
Brides People:just bring 20naira into three.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 17, 2015
[size=25pt]D BIBLE SAID IF A FATHER GIVES TO U HIS DAUGHTER AS A WIFE IT IS ACCEPTED IN HEAVEN SO I DONT THINK PAYING BRIDE PRICE IS IMPORTANT[/size]
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 17, 2015
agarawu23:
I don't like "awuf" e dey porge belle tongue

You go use flagil cheesy cheesy. Or make you use agbo jedi

Awuf sweet o
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Aderiade(m): 10:52pm On May 17, 2015
It's really cool... I wish u luck (best). grin
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Bolincosugar(f): 10:52pm On May 17, 2015
Nowadays yorubas don't collect bride price. In my family too, bride price is always returned in the presence of everybody present cos we are not been sold out. Best of luck enjoy your wife.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by 2muchM: 10:53pm On May 17, 2015
Ur girl is from were?
Mind u any marriage that is cheap d probability of abandoning d marriage is very high. Except d love is deep
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by per1: 10:54pm On May 17, 2015
I guess they are believers
No problem about that it is their choice
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by iykedare(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2015
Are you supposed to buy her?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by darelar(m): 10:59pm On May 17, 2015
the bride price was supposed to be between you and your wife. Because it belong to her and she might request for another thing instead of money.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by leonshom(m): 11:03pm On May 17, 2015
if she's from the Yoruba side,ibthinknits becoming a tradition to either reject or not bother to ask for pride price!
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Joshkeyz(m): 11:03pm On May 17, 2015
maybe they don't know wat NIL means :Dmaybe they don't know wat NIL means
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by AfricanApple(f): 11:04pm On May 17, 2015
that's d kind of family we need now in Nigeria. bride price is a waste of resources
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 17, 2015
Be happy! For some guys, they would have to be negotiating the bride price... It is an expense that they decided not to give you.

angelo1111:
Dear house, I have been dating my girl for a while and we plan to get married. We did our introduction last month, and her family gave me a list. On the list[i][/i], they wrote (Bride Price - Nil) and that got me wondering if its possible to get married without paying bride price. Please I need reasonable contributions only. Thanx
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by freeman67: 11:05pm On May 17, 2015
When I saw the topic of this thread my thought was that it'll be the only marriage I will hear of in Nigeria that after introduction they'll tell you to come tomorrow and carry ur wife without any other added issues/expenses except u want to throw party. Only for me to read that you were given a list which probably is the the reason why u will wait up to one more month then because nil was written for d space of bride price you feel you are not paying abi?
Where is it that they charge moni or any reasonable amount for bride price sef? It all about money spending which is done either through the list or ceremony....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Tattooboy: 11:09pm On May 17, 2015
angelo1111:
Dear house, I have been dating my girl for a while and we plan to get married. We did our introduction last month, and her family gave me a list. On the list[i][/i], they wrote (Bride Price - Nil) and that got me wondering if its possible to get married without paying bride price. Please I need reasonable contributions only. Thanx
abeg which tribe be ur fiancee?
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by shindarayo(f): 11:10pm On May 17, 2015
baybeeboi:

my Brother, believe me, in situations like that you won't be going home with your wife alone....definitely, her younger sister or brother's school fees will be the pride price you pay. You might train your wive's sister or you renovate her fathers hauz. One is certain.
dts not trur, I can bet d gurl is of oduduwa descent.wen u want to marry a yoruba gurl and ure given a list of wat to bring, sometimes d bridrprice is excluded, and even if ure told to bring a particular amouny, believe m on d day of d event, d bride price wld be returned to you saying we dont sell our child.so it is normal dont fret.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by emzila(m): 11:10pm On May 17, 2015
Human beings! never satisfied. Pay bride price, u go say e too much, ok no pay, u de ask if it is possible. E no de possible, dem just write am to enhance ur reading skill.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by omobah: 11:10pm On May 17, 2015
angelo1111:
make you ready ur pocket ooh the Bride price will be discuss among d elder in the family so it's not for public consumption. Mak u ready. No fall ur hand. No bride price is Nil. Noted
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by caxim04(m): 11:13pm On May 17, 2015
That means your wife to be will be on loan.
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by baybeeboi: 11:14pm On May 17, 2015
shindarayo:
dts not trur, I can bet d gurl is of oduduwa descent.wen u want to marry a yoruba gurl and ure given a list of wat to bring, sometimes d bridrprice is excluded, and even if ure told to bring a particular amouny, believe m on d day of d event, d bride price wld be returned to you saying we dont sell our child.so it is normal dont fret.
well, it could go anyways
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by ayula44(m): 11:14pm On May 17, 2015
Make I giv u d list
Bride price: nil
Wedding gown:65k
Suit: 49500
Bride's parent's cloth:35k
Miscellaneous:82350
Hw far na, bros?
Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 17, 2015
When i married my wife just last 2 months, i did not pay any thing called bride price.

So i think its a good thing. I am so happy for you. You have a wife not a product without receipt! grin

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Without Bride Price by deltapikin(m): 11:17pm On May 17, 2015
Wetin go make human beings dey satisfied self. Dey ask you to pay bride price Na wahala come marry free don pay bride price u complain. So wetin Una want. My guy u suppose happy say dey did not cut ur neck for marriage list

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo / Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills? / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.