Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line (43659 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 10:56pm On May 18, 2015
StOla:
Having read all pages, I believe it is the person who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches.

It is easy to overlook the valid struggles of the NigerDelta, especially since the militants managed to exhaust the goodwill they initially enjoyed, seeing that they all later turned out to be fighting for their bellies and using their spoils of war to establish fiefdoms within the NigerDelta.

However, It only makes sense that investment be forcefully attracted (from its origin) to the region. I see no reason why cargoes that are related to oil and gas shouldn't be shipped straight to the NigerDelta. I know for a fact that the Onne port is already handling such cargoes. The people of the NigerDelta should also tone down the militancy, so as to create an enabling environment for investments to thrive. As it is now, even a NigerDelta man does not feel safe working in the NigerDelta. Militancy is not the way to achieve development, political diplomacy would see more achieved and would conquer any planned opposition. Militancy will never achieve this.

I hope the incoming government will show more responsibility towards the ND and derivation should be increased to as much as 20%. It is expected that a Buhari regime would exhibit zero tolerance for corruption, thereby forcing the state and local governments to execute their budgets with accountability.

Concerning the LADOL project, I believe the investor is at no ones mercy. As such if frustrated, I will advise they even move their project to Angola and continue the business of making profit. Let the IYC conjure with aggression another investor to do its bidding.

The never ending debate over the location of a refinery in Kaduna is one I argued against in my younger years. However, I have come to realise the refinery was duly sited considering the end user in the North and the possibility of exporting refined products to neighbouring West African states that are land-locked. It wouldn't make any economic or HSE sense having multiple pipelines dedicated to individual crude oil derivatives traversing the South to the North.
The NigerDelta has 3 refineries to cater for the South and possible exportation by sea to any global customer.

At the end of the day, it is the end user who pays for any of the crude-oil derivatives that truly holds the ace. Next is the refinery investor, who can chose to buy crude-oil from wherever he pleases. Dangote siting his Refinery in Lagos and close to sea definitely has his eyes on the larger world market. It is the NigerDelta/Nigeria that should be begging him to buy Nigerian crude-oil, just as we should be looking for another customer to take Americas slot as our preferred crude-oil buyer.

Dangote cannot be threatened where raw material abound all over Africa, begging for a buyer.
I enjoyed reading your write up. Very balanced and enlightening.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 18, 2015
omonnakoda:
I brought in Akwa Ibom AND Cross River together I thought it was the right time

Bro, we were not discussing or talking about Akwa Ibom and Cross River
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by omonnakoda: 11:00pm On May 18, 2015
joeboy03:

Bro, we were not discussing or talking about Akwa Ibom and Cross River
Well we are now...........
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:12pm On May 18, 2015
joeboy03:

In Nigeria, the most important wealth is the Natural resources, "Oil and Gas precisely. The whole country has its attention fixated on it. The rich and powerful mostly from other regions control and plunder the resources however they want, leaving the crumbs if any for the oppressed indigenes to glean.

Admittedly, the leaders of the region are guilty of misappropriation and extreme profligacy. However, once the injustice is addressed from the center, it will be easier to confront the issues at home. Meanwhile, be informed, graft and mismanagement is not limited to the ND, it is a Nigerian thing, as leader from other regions cannot fully account for the allocations they have received over the years. So I reckon you agree it must begin from the centre.
4d fact that all eyes are fixated on oil doesn't make it more valuable than humans. yes bad leadership is a national malaise but its only ND crying marginalisation and accusing other regions 4 its probs without taking responsibility. Charity begins at home. It isn't d responsibility of d FG 2 develop any state or region. That is d responsibility of d state govs, LGs, legislators, commisioners and indigenes. So if u waiting 4 FG 2 come and fix d ND, according 2 D'Banj, u are sitting on a loooong tin
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by omonnakoda: 11:22pm On May 18, 2015
How can we be talking of graft and injustice from the centre after 5 years of an Ijaw Presidency. A presidet who has had more money to spend that any other president in our history. He had more than 4X I repeat 4 X more money that IBB who built Abuja. What did he do for HIS PEOPLE? He was busy enriching militants and nincompoops. There has not been a better opportunity. An Ijaw president, good oil prices for 4 years ,Excess crude account full,foreign reserve full. He has no excuse whatsoever so please stop blaming others.
Imagine a situation where the FG was housing militants in hotels and they would travel and take the keys to the rooms while government paid.
We try to downplay it but the scale of what happened over the last 4 years is really catastrophic. And that is why the First Black American president refused to visit,Yes America knows.They know what is going on and IT STINKS!!
Instead of blaming anyone blame GEJ he has let the Niger Delta down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by babyfaceafrica: 11:37pm On May 18, 2015
antisocial:
just watch and see, cow/ar/d
we will see about that!!!!
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 3:24am On May 19, 2015
This thread shows how much Black people hate each other with regards to tribes.The kind of logic posited on this thread...then Yorubas ought not to buy Innoson cars unless it is sited in the Southwest nor Peugeot Cars.

All this would have never been turned into a brouhahah had it been fabricated in an Asian country but because it is sited in the Southwest and because of legitimate grievances...it results to misplaced aggression.Black man don't see yo...at least that money stays in Naija instead of going to an Asian country.Black man don't see these jobs stay in Naija that helps her industrialize.

All they see it is in parasitic Yorubaland who feeding off "our oil".Where does it say fabrication has to be located in an oil state?Korea is an oil producing country?

LADOL should focus on the non-Nigerian market instead of having to deal with tribalism in basic business.Who threatens private investors like that?Why aren't IYC making noise on the amendments on the PIB bill which affects them directly and which is truly legitimate?Naija is damn crazy yo...I have never heard such crap.

Also to Yoruba folks..you all got guts.I don't know how you deal with this level of hate towards your group...it is worse than the damn Klu Klux Klan hate towards blacks...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 3:36am On May 19, 2015
SonOfEl:

ironsi messed up because he politically naive. He had no business running the politics of a complication called nigeria, because he was not ready for it. His pride brought his fall.
However, chigold, if your brother slated you for assasination in the name of revolution, what would you do once you are able to overpower him?
Ironsi was detribalised to a fault, he did not act decisively despite the pressure he got to do so. He was too trusting and too self-confident. He was litmus test that proved how deeply fractured nigeria was both religiously and ethnically. Even the military, a neutral arm was affected by this fracture.
Anambarians especially, generally give little commendation to igbo who are not from their side. It is an unhealthy competition. Only Achebe as far as i know (in anambra) spoke generously about ironsi, in his last book 'there was a country'. Imo, ebonyi and delta people speak about him with mixed remarks. Abia people honour him but many still blame him behind closed doors. Enugu people act a bit like their anambra counterpart.
Achebe's book "there was a country is a MEMOIR" not a history book. In memoir, you wrote what you felt at a particular point in time. not necessarily what the history said or know about the person. to me and the rest of Ndi Igbo, Ironsi messed up. That is by the way sha

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 3:42am On May 19, 2015
superstar1:

You are very funny. Aguiyi Ironsi is now a northerner.

Have you forgotten he stole power from the northerners?

The bottom line is Aguiyi Ironsi killed the dream of realisation of Republic of Niger Delta. Simple as ABC.

Who are the revolutionaries? This guy, you think you are still in the days of red beret wearing brigands calling themselves revolutionaries.

Wake up you are in 2015.
I think you are the person that has to do the waking up here. What brought Ironsi into power was not "just" a coup. It was a revolution. That is why those who carried it out went into killing spree.

Ironsi is not a northerner, but he was put in power by northern soldiers who felt as the most senior officer of the Nigerian army then, he should be the head of state. But because he didnt even know why the boy did what they did. He surrounded himself with only born to rule zoo keepers. when they got tired of him, they slew him like a chicken.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by theV0ice: 3:50am On May 19, 2015
omonnakoda:
How can we be talking of graft and injustice from the centre after 5 years of an Ijaw Presidency. A presidet who has had more money to spend that any other president in our history. He had more than 4X I repeat 4 X more money that IBB who built Abuja. What did he do for HIS PEOPLE? He was busy enriching militants and nincompoops. There has not been a better opportunity. An Ijaw president, good oil prices for 4 years ,Excess crude account full,foreign reserve full. He has no excuse whatsoever so please stop blaming others.
Imagine a situation where the FG was housing militants in hotels and they would travel and take the keys to the rooms while government paid.
We try to downplay it but the scale of what happened over the last 4 years is really catastrophic. And that is why the First Black American president refused to visit,Yes America knows.They know what is going on and IT STINKS!!

It shows how tribalistic Nigerians truly are. This much noise didn't come all through the 5 years of GEJ presidency because he's Ijaw. They didn't care about his ineptitude and refusal to use the oil wealth his govt was favored with to develop the ND because he was their brother. The poor in the ND grew poorer while criminals and militants grew richer under him but they didn't mind because he was their brother. Even most of the ranters on this thread didn't get good jobs from him but it didn't/doesn't matter because he's their brother. Asari makes billions from phantom contracts and takes the money to boost another country's economy but they see nothing wrong with it because he's their brother and 'na our oyel'

GMB defeated GEJ in an election and even though the man is yet to be sworn in, they threaten to raze down the country. I laugh when i see Asari is the one leading the charge. I want to see him enter the creeks with the 9 months pregnancy he carries about now grin

I want to see him blow up a pipeline in Abonema and spill the oil therein to help destroy whats left of the fauna and flora in his environment. I want to see him blow up the gas plant in Soku and set up Christmas fireworks to light up the ND and create a tourist attraction. You set your house on fire and you think you're spiting me.....by all means, go ahead. Even the Ogonis have been begging since for their environment to be cleaned up but their brother didn't see it fit to do. Maybe the cattle rearer they so much despise will be more humane to go through with it.

''if the heavens will fall, it WILL NEVER BE the problem of only one family or village''

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by SonOfEl(m): 4:01am On May 19, 2015
Chigold101:
Achebe's book "there was a country is a MEMOIR" not a history book. In memoir, you wrote what you felt at a particular point in time. not necessarily what the history said or know about the person. to me and the rest of Ndi Igbo, Ironsi messed up. That is by the way sha

fine, he messed up, but not because he stopped nzeogwu and co.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 4:10am On May 19, 2015
SonOfEl:

fine, he messed up, but not because he stopped nzeogwu and co.
nope i didnt even say he stopped Nzeogwu. someone else stopped Nzeogwu and invited him in...
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by SonOfEl(m): 4:25am On May 19, 2015
Chigold101:
nope i didnt even say he stopped Nzeogwu. someone else stopped Nzeogwu and invited him in...

whatever...just dont downplay him for stopping the revolutionaries, if u were slated for asassination, you would do the same. He had to hold a firm grip of lagos.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by ba7man(m): 5:53am On May 19, 2015
theV0ice:

It shows how tribalistic Nigerians truly are. This much noise didn't come all through the 5 years of GEJ presidency because he's Ijaw. They didn't care about his ineptitude and refusal to use the oil wealth his govt was favored with to develop the ND because he was their brother. The poor in the ND grew poorer while criminals and militants grew richer under him but they didn't mind because he was their brother. Even most of the ranters on this thread didn't get good jobs from him but it didn't/doesn't matter because he's their brother. Asari makes billions from phantom contracts and takes the money to boost another country's economy but they see nothing wrong with it because he's their brother and 'na our oyel'

GMB defeated GEJ in an election and even though the man is yet to be sworn in, they threaten to raze down the country. I laugh when i see Asari is the one leading the charge. I want to see him enter the creeks with the 9 months pregnancy he carries about now grin

I want to see him blow up a pipeline in Abonema and spill the oil therein to help destroy whats left of the fauna and flora in his environment. I want to see him blow up the gas plant in Soku and set up Christmas fireworks to light up the ND and create a tourist attraction. You set your house on fire and you think you're spiting me.....by all means, go ahead. Even the Ogonis have been begging since for their environment to be cleaned up but their brother didn't see it fit to do. Maybe the cattle rearer they so much despise will be more humane to go through with it.

''if the heavens will fall, it WILL NEVER BE the problem of only one family or village''

I'm happy a lot of Nigerians can see things as it truly is.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by ba7man(m): 5:54am On May 19, 2015
omonnakoda:
Another intelligent post.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 8:41am On May 19, 2015
lexy2014:
4d fact that all eyes are fixated on oil doesn't make it more valuable than humans. yes bad leadership is a national malaise but its only ND crying marginalisation and accusing other regions 4 its probs without taking responsibility. Charity begins at home. It isn't d responsibility of d FG 2 develop any state or region. That is d responsibility of d state govs, LGs, legislators, commisioners and indigenes. So if u waiting 4 FG 2 come and fix d ND, according 2 D'Banj, u are sitting on a loooong tin

Nobody is waiting just for the federal government, all they ask is fair share and a sense of belonging. Did you realize that due to nepotism and other forms of corruption in the country that ownership of oil block is dominated by the major ethnic groups, while the natives sit back and gnash their teeth in anguish. Don't they deserve fairness in this respect?

If you have the opportunity to visit places in the region where oil exploration and production is carried out, then you would fully grasp the state of environmental pollution and degradation that beset the region, directly affecting their socio-economic fortunes. Even 50% derivation can hardly ameliorate their plight or the long term damage, how much less the much touted 13%.

You should really appreciate their call for justice and fair dealing rather than trying to downplay its relevance.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 9:28am On May 19, 2015
lexy2014:
D north isn't crying despite d suffering there. When they start crhing marginalisation, then I will tell them what am telling u now. Charity begins at home. D FPSO being built in lagos is a private investment. If ijaw people can't query asari 4 taking his own private investment outside d region, then what moral authorIty do they have 2 accuse outsiders of neglect?U no a mans intentions by his actions. if d interest of asari was his people and not him, then he won't b bothered about any "vindictive govt". His focus would b on using his resources and position 2 uplift d lives of his kin who he claims are being oppressed by outsiders. Asari is not govt, neither are d oil coys asari and niger deltans always harass 4 water, electricity, roads etc. Its not d responsibility of oil coys or FG 2 develop any state or region. That is d responsibility of d states, LGs and their state and federal legislators. Its not true that little goes back 2d region. Find out how much has gone in2 d region since 1999 from 13 percent derivation, monthly allocation, allocation 2 NDDC and ministry of ND, taxes and royalties that accrues †☺ states and LGs, allocation 2 legislators and u will b amazed. U will b dazed that d real neglect of d region is from d leaders of d region not outsiders

So Asari is now government that develops places..............well why not ask Dangote or other Nigeria multi-millionaires to use their money to build their region or fund Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:31am On May 19, 2015
joeboy03:

Nobody is waiting just for the federal government, all they ask is fair share and a sense of belonging. Did you realize that due to nepotism and other forms of corruption in the country that ownership of oil block is dominated by the major ethnic groups, while the natives sit back and gnash their teeth in anguish. Don't they deserve fairness in this respect?

If you have the opportunity to visit places in the region where oil exploration and production is carried out, then you would fully grasp the state of environmental pollution and degradation that beset the region, directly affecting their socio-economic fortunes. Even 50% derivation can hardly ameliorate their plight or the long term damage, how much less the much touted 13%.

You should really appreciate their call for justice and fair dealing rather than trying to downplay its relevance.

All u have said is true. There need 4 justice and fairness no doubt, but how and from who? these are only achievable if d people hold their leaders accountable. Play d blame game all u want but without addressing accountability, d region is going nowhere even if they are given 100percent derivation. At first they blamed oil coys, what was d result? Kidnapping which drove investors 2 lagos. now they are blaming other regions. Are u telling me that d state govts in d region can't build refineries or attract investors who can? Are u sayin they can't partner with investors who will xplore oil in their region? Have u heard any legislator from d region champion d sanctioning of oil companies 4 environmental related offences?their govs get ecological fund from FG monthly. Can they give account what they did with it. Am not against indigenes getting oil wells but does that end d suffering and poverty of d common man there?If they share oil wells 2day is it d unknown fisherman that will get one? Its d same leaders in d region who have frittered away d wealth of their people that will get d oil wells. Let d blame game stop and let our people in d ND ask d right questions and put their house in order. If attitude of blaming others doesn't change nothing will
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by coconat(m): 11:44am On May 19, 2015
guy neva in ur widest dreams underestimate wat d naija deltans can do if dey stand wit one voice.

I believe that too! [/quote]
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:50am On May 19, 2015
Chiaka:

So Asari is now government that develops places..............well why not ask Dangote or other Nigeria multi-millionaires to use their money to build their region or fund Nigeria.
Dangote's region isn't crying marginalisation despite d poverty and suffering there. When they do I will tell them what am telling u now... Asari is not govt, just d same way d oil coys that asari and niger deltans always harass 4 water, electricity, roads, employment etc are not govt. Its not d responsibility of oil coys or FG 2 develop any state or region. That is d responsibility of d states, LGs, state and federal legislators, commissioners and indigenes. since 1999, d govts of ND have received 13 percent derivation, monthly allocation,monthly ecological fund, allocation 2 NDDC and ministry of ND, taxes and royalties that accrues †☺ states and LGs, allocation 2 legislators. What has been done with all these funds?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 19, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
lexy2014:
All u have said is true. There need 4 justice and fairness no doubt, but how and from who? these are only achievable if d people hold their leaders accountable. Play d blame game all u want but without addressing accountability, d region is going nowhere even if they are given 100percent derivation. At first they blamed oil coys, what was d result? Kidnapping which drove investors 2 lagos. now they are blaming other regions. Are u telling me that d state govts in d region can't build refineries or attract investors who can? Are u sayin they can't partner with investors who will xplore oil in their region? Have u heard any legislator from d region champion d sanctioning of oil companies 4 environmental related offences?their govs get ecological fund from FG monthly. Can they give account what they did with it. Am not against indigenes getting oil wells but does that end d suffering and poverty of d common man there?If they share oil wells 2day is it d unknown fisherman that will get one? Its d same leaders in d region who have frittered away d wealth of their people that will get d oil wells. Let d blame game stop and let our people in d ND ask d right questions and put their house in order. If attitude of blaming others doesn't change nothing will

Let there be equity in the sharing of oil blocks and significant increase in derivation first. From there the rest can be adequately tackled and satisfactorily addressed. Hence, the fight would be taken to the state executives, knowing fully well that the centre has absolved itself by propagating justice in the scheme of things.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 19, 2015
I suggest thet Federal High court should respect their duty......
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 7:39pm On May 19, 2015
joeboy03:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Let there be equity in the sharing of oil blocks and significant increase in derivation first. From there the rest can be adequately tackled and satisfactorily addressed. Hence, the fight would be taken to the state executives, knowing fully well that the centre has absolved itself by propagating justice in the scheme of things.
Development of an area isn't a function of d number of indigenes that have oil wells but in how d govts and elected reps impact d lives of their people 2 eradict poverty, unemployment, injustice and social and economic inequality. development is d issue not sharing oil well. It has nothing 2do with FG. Do d govts in d region have d resources 2 bring about development? A very big YES. Nigeria has d highest no of private jet owners but that doesn't mean development. Development is about d welfare of d people and not oil wells. Sharing oil wells impact d elite not d poor except u are more interested in d elite and not d poor.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 19, 2015
lexy2014:
Development of an area isn't a function of d number of indigenes that have oil wells but in how d govts and elected reps impact d lives of their people 2 eradict poverty, unemployment, injustice and social and economic inequality. development is d issue not sharing oil well. It has nothing 2do with FG. Do d govts in d region have d resources 2 bring about development? A very big YES. Nigeria has d highest no of private jet owners but that doesn't mean development. Development is about d welfare of d people and not oil wells. Sharing oil wells impact d elite not d poor except u are more interested in d elite and not d poor.

Didn't say owning oil well will bring development. My argument is centered on justice and fairness in dealing with the region. What we have now is far from it.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 9:58pm On May 19, 2015
joeboy03:

Didn't say owning oil well will bring development. My argument is centered on justice and fairness in dealing with the region. What we have now is far from it.
but sharing oil well has been d thrust of your argument. D aim of any venture in d ND, sharing oil well or otherwise,should b d ultimate upliftment of d common man. It should b about reducing poverty, reducing unemployment and reducing d gap btw d rich and d poor in d region. Sharing oil well doesn't guarantee that neither does it guarantee justice and fairness. It only perpetuates inequality by putting d wealth of d region in d hands of a few priviledged who are presently not interested in using their resources and position in ameliorating d suffering of their kin

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by cjrane: 10:52pm On May 19, 2015
iscoli:
The Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) on Sunday reacted to the controversy between the presidency and the owners of the multi-million dollars Egina Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) facility over the decision of the federal government to relocate the fabrication from LADOL yard in Lagos to Agge in Bayelsa State.

They said they would not allow materials fabricated in Lagos to be used in the platform in the Niger Delta region.

The IYC’s reaction is subsequent to an interim order of the federal High Court, Lagos, stopping the federal government from implementing the directive.

According to the IYC in a statement by its spokesman, Comrade Eric Omare, "We want to make it clear that whether court injunction or no court injunction, we would not allow materials to be fabricated in Lagos and used to build oil platform in the Niger Delta region. Niger Deltans have been taken for granted for too long and we would no longer accept it.

"The IYC and indeed the Niger Delta people back the directive of President Jonathan to move the fabrication of oil and gas materials to the Niger Delta where the eventual job is to be done. We also support the directive to move oil and gas cargoes to only ports in Warri, Calabar and Onne. This is not only in line with the requirement of the local content law but it also makes so much economic sense.

"It is common knowledge that Lagos is highly congested and there is need to move some class of cargoes especially oil and gas materials to ports within the Niger Delta region where the oil facilities are located.

"We consider the opposition to the Presidential directive and the attendant media propaganda by the Lagos cabal as an insult on Niger Del tans. It is on record that all the oil companies operating in the Niger Delta region have their offices in Lagos to the detriment of the Niger Delta economy.

"Henceforth, Niger Deltans would take steps to ensure that any oil company without its headquarters in the Niger Delta region would not be allowed to operate in the region. The IYC frowned and condemn the ex-parte order of the federal High Court.

"We wonder how the federal High Court would hurriedly grant such an order without giving opportunity to other parties to present their own side of the case. We question the swiftness of the order and call on the National Judicial Council to investigate the judge who granted the order."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oil-platform-fabrication-ijaw-youths-draw-battle-line/209566/

Nigeria is a fond of cheating the Niger Deltans of the gains of the oil.
Every region should develop their own resources so that the urge to cheat others from their resources will stop.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 8:09am On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
but sharing oil well has been d thrust of your argument. D aim of any venture in d ND, sharing oil well or otherwise,should b d ultimate upliftment of d common man. It should b about reducing poverty, reducing unemployment and reducing d gap btw d rich and d poor in d region. Sharing oil well doesn't guarantee that neither does it guarantee justice and fairness. It only perpetuates inequality by putting d wealth of d region in d hands of a few priviledged who are presently not interested in using their resources and position in ameliorating d suffering of their kin

You misrepresent and misunderstand my line of arguement. I never in anywhere said sharing oil wells guarantees justice. I, however, opined that the government should ensure justice in dealing with people of the region in the areas of award of oil blocks and derivation which would relatively placate the region for massive environmental degradation, land, sea and air pollution caused by oil exploration and constant gas flaring. They deserve even more for the damages to their environment and socio economic life which can hardly be repaired.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 8:49am On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

You misrepresent and misunderstand my line of arguement. I never in anywhere said sharing oil wells guarantees justice. I, however, opined that the government should ensure justice in dealing with people of the region in the areas of award of oil blocks and derivation which would relatively placate the region for massive environmental degradation, land, sea and air pollution caused by oil exploration and constant gas flaring. They deserve even more for the damages to their environment and socio economic life which can hardly be repaired.

U still laying emphasis on sharing of oil blocks and derivation as a means 2 getting justice. I don't misunderstand u. Am not against indigenes getting oil blocks but Who would get these shared oil blocks? Is it d bole seller or d fisherman or d govt school teacher or d jobless youths? Am aware that lulu briggs and dan etete have oil blocks. What has that done 2 reduce poverty, unemployment and inequality in their villages and ND as a whole? Development is d issue and sharing oil blocks doesn't guarantee development. It only makes d rich richer. Sharing oil blocks and derivation cannot placate d farmer who lost his crops or d fisherman who can't get fish anymore due 2 environmental degradation. D leaders of d region take d compensation meant 4d people and pocket it. There is ecological fund,13percent, NDDC, ministry of ND, all these 2 "placate".what have they done with d funds? Justice will begin when d leaders and elected reps of d people of ND begin 2 give account of what they have done with d wealth of their people entrusted 2 them. Justice will begin when d legislators from d region awake 2 their responsibilities by sponsoring bills that will protect their region land, sea and air from environmental degradation. Justice will begin when d leaders of d region create a conducive environment 4 investment so as 2 create employment and progress

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by goooze(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2015
theV0ice:

Everything the company is fabricating isn't coming FROM the ND, rather they are coming TO the ND. The company isn't even created only for projects in the ND.....it's meant to serve the african market as the continent lacks ready availability of such a project.

Also, it's nobody's fault that Asari sees Benin republic as a better destination for the money he gets paid from the ND. If a son of the soil who claims to fight for the region doesn't think his businesses are safe in the region, why blame the non indigene of the ND who refuses to bring his investment down there?

The project is for profit, not for charity or decoration. Tell Asari, Tompolo, Ateke, Boyloaf etc to show the way by starting the investment boom with the money they're making daily from the region. If they don't love their region enough, who should?
You are so right my brother

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:17am On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
U still laying emphasis on sharing of oil blocks and derivation as a means 2 getting justice. I don't misunderstand u. Am not against indigenes getting oil blocks but Who would get these shared oil blocks? Is it d bole seller or d fisherman or d govt school teacher or d jobless youths? Am aware that lulu briggs and dan etete have oil blocks. What has that done 2 reduce poverty, unemployment and inequality in their villages and ND as a whole? Development is d issue and sharing oil blocks doesn't guarantee development. It only makes d rich richer. Sharing oil blocks and derivation cannot placate d farmer who lost his crops or d fisherman who can't get fish anymore due 2 environmental degradation. D leaders of d region take d compensation meant 4d people and pocket it. There is ecological fund,13percent, NDDC, ministry of ND, all these 2 "placate".what have they done with d funds? Justice will begin when d leaders and elected reps of d people of ND begin 2 give account of what they have done with d wealth of their people entrusted 2 them. Justice will begin when d legislators from d region awake 2 their responsibilities by sponsoring bills that will protect their region land, sea and air from environmental degradation. Justice will begin when d leaders of d region create a conducive environment 4 investment so as 2 create employment and progress

It doesn't matter whoever gets the oil block, the point is, there must be equal distribution between natives and non natives. The issue of oil block and derivation are among the injustices faced by the region. I chose to mention those two because it is common knowledge and it's monumentally glaring. Let the injustices be addressed first, then every other thing will fall in place.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 10:33am On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

It doesn't matter whoever gets the oil block, the point is, there must be equal distribution between natives and non natives. The issue of oil block and derivation are among the injustices faced by the region. I chose to mention those two because it is common knowledge and it's monumentally glaring. Let the injustices be addressed first, then every other thing will fall in place.
there's nothing bad in ND indigenes getting oil blocks but what u have failed 2 address is how does that bring about development? How has d oil blocks owned by etete and lulu briggs addressed environmental pollution,unemployment,poverty and inequality in d region? How does sharing oil block among d indigenes help d poor farmers and fishermen who have lost their means of livelihood due 2 environmental degradation

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 11:02am On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
there's nothing bad in ND indigenes getting oil blocks but what u have failed 2 address is how does that bring about development? How has d oil blocks owned by etete and lulu briggs addressed environmental pollution,unemployment,poverty and inequality in d region? How does sharing oil block among d indigenes help d poor farmers and fishermen who have lost their means of livelihood due 2 environmental degradation

Let justice prevail first, then we can move on to other issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Suswam Present 8 SUV To Ortom, Benue Governor Elect / FFK Replies Trump On Twitter: "Do Not Waver! Hold The Line And Be Strong!" / Idris Ajimobi Spotted Praying By The Roadside With His Shoes On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.