Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line (43662 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:15am On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

Let justice prevail first, then we can move on to other issues.
what other issues? Do u mean d needs of d poor in d ND are "other issues"? Shouldn't that b d main issue? Justice is when d down trodden is lifted. It is when d poor are protected and empowered. It is when d hungry are fed. But your idea of justice is 2 keep giving 2d rich. How's that justice? So d poor should remain poor until after oil blocks are shared? So d needs of d poor should b ignored until after d powerful have finished grabbing?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 11:26am On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
what other issues? Do u mean d needs of d poor in d ND are "other issues"? Shouldn't that b d main issue? Justice is when d down trodden is lifted. It is when d poor are protected and empowered. It is when d hungry are fed. But your idea of justice is 2 keep giving 2d rich. How's that justice? So d poor should remain poor until after oil blocks are shared? So d needs of d poor should b ignored until after d powerful have finished grabbing?

And justice is not when the centre ensures equitable distribution of the region's resources, considering their deprivation economically, socially and environmentally?
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:37am On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

And justice is not when the centre ensures equitable distribution of the region's resources, considering their deprivation economically, socially and environmentally?
D one d centre has given in d last sixteen years what has been done with it? How have d resources pumped into d ND since 1999 been equitably distributed considering d level of deprivation economically socially and environmentally? How have d elected reps and leaders of d region used d resources give by d centre since 1999 2 ensure d liberation of their people from economic social and environmental stagnation?

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by bravowebs: 1:51pm On May 20, 2015
1.Does presidency has the power to take decision for private company
2.Why did the president relocate his mother from bayelsa to Abuja-because of security issue,
3.Most Niger delta rich dudes live in Abuja and Lagos e.g Peter Odili,Asari dokubo etc

So why should a private investor take the risk of investing in a place where the indigines including Jonathan could not invest.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by cjrane: 2:00pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
U still laying emphasis on sharing of oil blocks and derivation as a means 2 getting justice. I don't misunderstand u. Am not against indigenes getting oil blocks but Who would get these shared oil blocks? Is it d bole seller or d fisherman or d govt school teacher or d jobless youths? Am aware that lulu briggs and dan etete have oil blocks. What has that done 2 reduce poverty, unemployment and inequality in their villages and ND as a whole? Development is d issue and sharing oil blocks doesn't guarantee development. It only makes d rich richer. Sharing oil blocks and derivation cannot placate d farmer who lost his crops or d fisherman who can't get fish anymore due 2 environmental degradation. D leaders of d region take d compensation meant 4d people and pocket it. There is ecological fund,13percent, NDDC, ministry of ND, all these 2 "placate".what have they done with d funds? Justice will begin when d leaders and elected reps of d people of ND begin 2 give account of what they have done with d wealth of their people entrusted 2 them. Justice will begin when d legislators from d region awake 2 their responsibilities by sponsoring bills that will protect their region land, sea and air from environmental degradation. Justice will begin when d leaders of d region create a conducive environment 4 investment so as 2 create employment and progress

The issue is about social justice. Naming the very few Niger Delta citizens who own oil block and what they have contributed towards poverty alleviation is being smart by half. So what have the multitudes of northerners and Yorubas that own 99.9 % of Nigeria's oil wells contributed to Nigeria? Would it not make sense to question the contribution of the big oil wealth owners pumping millions of barrel per day, than the few that own wells producing a few hundred barrels of oil per day?

It must be noted that if the oil belonged to northerners, other groups cannot hope to own any oil well talk more of owning the overwhelming majority of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 2:30pm On May 20, 2015
cjrane:

The issue is about social justice. Naming the very few Niger Delta citizens who own oil block and what they have contributed towards poverty alleviation is being smart by half. So what have the multitudes of northerners and Yorubas that own 99.9 % of Nigeria's oil wells contributed to Nigeria? Would it not make sense to question the contribution of the big oil wealth owners pumping millions of barrel per day, than the few that own wells producing a few hundred barrels of oil per day?

It must be noted that if the oil belonged to northerners, other groups cannot hope to own any oil well talk more of owning the overwhelming majority of them.
I don't no what these oil magnates have contributed 2 nigeria but then I don't xpect them 2. But when niger deltans sit down cross their legs and point accusing fingers at others 4 their problems, then it makes a lot of sense 2 ask, what have their own people done 4 them. If d rich from d region can't help their kin, what do u xpect from an outsider? Social justice is d issue not sharing oil blocks. Sharing oil blocks amongs ND indigenes isn't social justice cos d real victims of social injustice i.e. D poor and downtrodden wouldn't get anything. Social justice is about ensuring that d wealth in d hands of d leaders and elected reps in d ND is distributed equitably. Social justice is about ensuring that d poor and their children are given access 2 more priviledges and opportunities. With d amount of money pumped into d region since 1999 thru 13percent, monthly allocations,ecological fund,pipeline protection contracts,NDDC,min of ND, taxes collected by states and LGs,and allocation 2 legislators, are u saying that d poor people in d region can't have social justice?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
D one d centre has given in d last sixteen years what has been done with it? How have d resources pumped into d ND since 1999 been equitably distributed considering d level of deprivation economically socially and environmentally? How have d elected reps and leaders of d region used d resources give by d centre since 1999 2 ensure d liberation of their people from economic social and environmental stagnation?

Weather or not the center has been remitting 13%, or if it has properly utilized or not, is not exactly my emphasis. I, however, am looking at the overall justice with respect to dealings with region. Not how the past allocation has been utilized, that's a subject for another day.

Like I have told you before, graft is not limited to the ND region, mismanagement is a national malaise, none of the Governors of the 36 States can completely account for their allocation. Don't make it sound like a ND thing.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by ChimaAdeoye: 9:46pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
I don't no what these oil magnates have contributed 2 nigeria but then I don't xpect them 2. But when niger deltans sit down cross their legs and point accusing fingers at others 4 their problems, then it makes a lot of sense 2 ask, what have their own people done 4 them. If d rich from d region can't help their kin, what do u xpect from an outsider? Social justice is d issue not sharing oil blocks. Sharing oil blocks amongs ND indigenes isn't social justice cos d real victims of social injustice i.e. D poor and downtrodden wouldn't get anything. Social justice is about ensuring that d wealth in d hands of d leaders and elected reps in d ND is distributed equitably. Social justice is about ensuring that d poor and their children are given access 2 more priviledges and opportunities. With d amount of money pumped into d region since 1999 thru 13percent, monthly allocations,ecological fund,pipeline protection contracts,NDDC,min of ND, taxes collected by states and LGs,and allocation 2 legislators, are u saying that d poor people in d region can't have social justice?

Sir,
I have been following your arguments. You would have made a lot of sense if you were talking about Americans and not Nigerians. But because the subject is about Nigeria & Nigerians, then you are either very naive or deliberately mischievous. In America, one may be born in Florida or Iowa, then he ends up as Senator or Governor of Texas or New York! Thus, where you live is your state! Which is the opposite in Nigeria. Even the so called Federal capital territory is claimed by ethnic groups and people from other parts of Nigeria are discriminated against.
I agree that social justice isn't about giving oil wells to ND citizens, but it is surely one way to give justice. Niger Delta has been given the fake argument of "One Nigeria" to rob them blind. Part of the reason why there is so much corruption and inefficiency in Nigeria is because we have learnt to see oil as the ONLY resource in Nigeria. Many countries have prospered by mining solid minerals and large scale agriculture. If we had sincerely developed these two sectors across all states of the federation, you will see that many states will prefer to mine their solid minerals or export their agricultural products than to try to cheat Niger deltans of their oil.

Someone mentioned that if the oil belong to the north, no Niger Deltan or other Nigerians will have any of it, and it is true. Let me rephrase your argument and put the north in the position of the Niger Deltans so you can see it from their perspective. If for example, Nigeria depends upon solid minerals and agriculture for foreign exchange, and since the north has vast agricultural lands and solid minerals, Yoruba or Igbo men will flood the north and allocate themselves all that fertile northern lands filled with solid minerals and claim they are doing so because it is one Nigeria! The worst part is that they will do so by fiat because the control the federal government. then, if any northerner dares to ask questions why the Igbos and yorubas own the most lands in their region, the Igbos and Yorubas will retort with their own question of " what they have done with the remaining land northerners control?" Such behavior will be deemed as the height of insensitivity.

If you cannot fathom the south treating the north like that, then it is highly unfair to treat Niger Deltans in that manner.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 10:17pm On May 20, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

Sir,
I have been following your arguments. You would have made a lot of sense if you were talking about Americans and not Nigerians. But because the subject is about Nigeria & Nigerians, then you are either very naive or deliberately mischievous. In America, one may be born in Florida or Iowa, then he ends up as Senator or Governor of Texas or New York! Thus, where you live is your state! Which is the opposite in Nigeria. Even the so called Federal capital territory is claimed by ethnic groups and people from other parts of Nigeria are discriminated against.
I agree that social justice isn't about giving oil wells to ND citizens, but it is surely one way to give justice. Niger Delta has been given the fake argument of "One Nigeria" to rob them blind. Part of the reason why there is so much corruption and inefficiency in Nigeria is because we have learnt to see oil as the ONLY resource in Nigeria. Many countries have prospered by mining solid minerals and large scale agriculture. If we had sincerely developed these two sectors across all states of the federation, you will see that many states will prefer to mine their solid minerals or export their agricultural products than to try to cheat Niger deltans of their oil.

Someone mentioned that if the oil belong to the north, no Niger Deltan or other Nigerians will have any of it, and it is true. Let me rephrase your argument and put the north in the position of the Niger Deltans so you can see it from their perspective. If for example, Nigeria had depends upon solid minerals and agriculture for foreign exchange, and since the north has vast agricultural lands and solid minerals, Yoruba or Igbo men will flood the north and allocate themselves all that fertile northern lands filled with solid minerals and claim they are doing so because it is one Nigeria! The worst part is that they will do so by fiat because the control the federal government. If any northerner dares to ask questions why the Igbos and yorubas own the most lands in their region, the Igbos and Yorubas will retort with their own question of " what they have done with the remaining land northerners control?" Such behavior will be deemed as the height of insensitivity.

If you cannot fathom the south treating the north like that, then it is highly unfair to treat Niger Deltans in that manner.
let's leave d personality attacks out of this and argue d facts on ground. Am not 2 sure I got your drift on d american nigerian analysis. If I understood u correctly, u feel d north is using its control of FG apparatus 2 take undue advantage of ND. I won't argue 4 or against that. play all d blame game u want, it won't change d situation on ground. At first, oil coys were accused of being d problem. My people took 2 kidnapping. What was d result, d oyibos ran away 2 lagos. Now some1 is complaining that oil coys and FPSOs are in lagos. Your focus is on d oil and how its 2b shared.my focus is on d poor and downtrodden in ND and how their welfare can b improved. D greatest resource in d ND isn't d oil, its is people. There are many little kids who have 2 sell smoked fish everyday b4 their mothers can give them breakfast. There are many farmers and fishermen who can no longer fend 4 their families cos of environmental degradation. There are youths who have taken 2 crime and prostitution cos of want of opportunities. There are many who can't get portable drinking water or access 2 good roads e.t.c. Question: what happened 2d resources and funds allocated by d FG 2 ND states since 1999 2 address these issues? How many bills have ND legislators sponsored 2 address issues of environmental degradation in their areas and sanctions 4 erring oil coys? How many investors have d govs, elected reps and leaders of ND partnered with 2 invest in d region? If u can tell me I will b most glad.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by cjrane: 10:30pm On May 20, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

Sir,

Someone mentioned that if the oil belong to the north, no Niger Deltan or other Nigerians will have any of it, and it is true. Let me rephrase your argument and put the north in the position of the Niger Deltans so you can see it from their perspective. If for example, Nigeria depends upon solid minerals and agriculture for foreign exchange, and since the north has vast agricultural lands and solid minerals, Yoruba or Igbo men will flood the north and allocate themselves all that fertile northern lands filled with solid minerals and claim they are doing so because it is one Nigeria! The worst part is that they will do so by fiat because the control the federal government. then, if any northerner dares to ask questions why the Igbos and yorubas own the most lands in their region, the Igbos and Yorubas will retort with their own question of " what they have done with the remaining land northerners control?" Such behavior will be deemed as the height of insensitivity.

Please save your breath and don't mind that mad man. He pretends to claim it is ok if Niger Deltans have nothing to gain from the oil except environmental degradation, as long as "Nigerians" control the oil. Who are these "Nigerians"? Why can't Niger Deltans be these "Nigerians " ? The man tries to make caricature of the argument by veering off tangent to address his imaginary corruption which is "exclusive" to ND people. I wonder the ethnicity those who have been stealing Nigerian wealth since 1960 as head of state or presidents?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 10:34pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

Weather or not the center has been remitting 13%, or if it has properly utilized or not, is not exactly my emphasis. I, however, am looking at the overall justice with respect to dealings with region. Not how the past allocation has been utilized, that's a subject for another day.

Like I have told you before, graft is not limited to the ND region, mismanagement is a national malaise, none of the Governors of the 36 States can completely account for their allocation. Don't make it sound like a ND thing.
corruption, bad leadership and mismanagement are not peculiar 2 any region but d emphasis is on d ND cos some people are crying marginalization? Question is are they shouting 4 their pockets or shouting 4d poor and helpless? If other regions shout marginalisation I will equally tell them what am telling u. Your focus is on d oil and how its being shared. My focus is on d poor and how they are being catered 4. Like I told u b4, d greatest resource in d region isn't d oil but d people of d region. It is d fisherman and d farmer who have lost their means of livelihood,its d young kids hawking smoked fish, its d school children who sit on stones in a classroom 2 get an education, its d hardworking mother who has travel long distances 2 take her goods 2d market in order 2 provide 4 her kids, its d doctors and nurses who have 2 provide medical care 2d sick without electricity or drugs. What has been done by d govts and leaders of d region 2 make life better 4 these people? This isn't a subject 4 another day cos its about human lives which could have been u or me

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 10:36pm On May 20, 2015
cjrane:

Please save your breath and don't mind that mad man. He pretends to claim it is ok if Niger Deltans have nothing to gain from the oil except environmental degradation, as long as "Nigerians" control the oil. Who are these "Nigerians"? Why can't Miger Deltans be these "Nigerians " ? The man tries to make caricature of the argument by veering off tangent to address his imaginary corruption which is "exclusive" to ND people. I wonder ethnicity those who have been stealing Nigerian wealth since 1960 as head of state or presidents?

Thanks
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
corruption, bad leadership and mismanagement are not peculiar 2 any region but d emphasis is on d ND cos some people are crying marginalization? Question is are they shouting 4 their pockets or shouting 4d poor and helpless? If other regions shout marginalisation I will equally tell them what am telling u. Your focus is on d oil and how its being shared. My focus is on d poor and how they are being catered 4. Like I told u b4, d greatest resource in d region isn't d oil but d people of d region. It is d fisherman and d farmer who have lost their means of livelihood,its d young kids hawking smoked fish, its d school children who sit on stones in a classroom 2 get an education, its d hardworking mother who has travel long
distances 2 take her goods 2d market in order 2 provide 4 her kids, its d doctors and nurses who have 2 provide medical care 2d sick without electricity or drugs. What has been done by d govts and leaders of d region 2 make life better 4 these people? This isn't a subject 4 another day cos its about human lives which could have been u or me

Misappropriation of public fund is not limited to the ND, it remains a deep rooted problem in governance in Nigeria. Until you see it from that angle, you will continue to miss the core of my submission.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
corruption, bad leadership and mismanagement are not peculiar 2 any region but d emphasis is on d ND cos some people are crying marginalization? Question is are they shouting 4 their pockets or shouting 4d poor and helpless? If other regions shout marginalisation I will equally tell them what am telling u. Your focus is on d oil and how its being shared. My focus is on d poor and how they are being catered 4. Like I told u b4, d greatest resource in d region isn't d oil but d people of d region. It is d fisherman and d farmer who have lost their means of livelihood,its d young kids hawking smoked fish, its d school children who sit on stones in a classroom 2 get an education, its d hardworking mother who has travel long distances 2 take her goods 2d market in order 2 provide 4 her kids, its d doctors and nurses who have 2 provide medical care 2d sick without electricity or drugs. What has been done by d govts and leaders of d region 2 make life better 4 these people? This isn't a subject 4 another day cos its about human lives which could have been u or me

With or without corruption, the ND deserves a better deal. You arguement that they should curb corruption in the region before seeking justice in dealings should, therefore, mean that other regions must eliminate graft before seeking monthly allocation.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:00pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

Misappropriation of public fund is not limited to the ND, it remains a deep rooted problem in governance in Nigeria. Until you see it from that angle, you will continue to miss the core of my submission.
of course corruption is a national malaise but d ND is our casestudy cos marginalisation is song on everybody's lips. So when d other states and regions start making noise then I will tell them what am telling u. If u fail 2c d need 4d welfare of d ordinary ND man and woman 2b improved with d resources in d custody of their leaders, then 4 whom are u fighting 4?

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:06pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

With or without corruption, the ND deserves a better deal. You arguement that they should curb corruption in the region before seeking justice in dealings should, therefore, mean that other regions must eliminate graft before seeking monthly allocation.
D poor and downtrodden of ND deserve a better deal. Am saying d leaders and elected reps in d region should b able 2 account 4 their stewardship 2d people. Or 4 whom are we fighting 4? Is it not d people? All this grammar about justice and marginalisation isn't it 4d people? Or does d region exist without people? Even if u give 100percent derivation, without accountability were will all that money end up? D people bro...look thru d eyes of d people not d oil

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
D poor and downtrodden of ND deserve a better deal. Am saying d leaders and elected reps in d region should b able 2 account 4 their stewardship 2d people. Or 4 whom are we fighting 4? Is it not d people? All this grammar about justice and marginalisation isn't it 4d people? Or does d region exist without people? Even if u give 100percent derivation, without accountability were will all that money end up? D people bro...look thru d eyes of d people not d oil

If they give 100 % derivation, atleast 50 % will get to the people. Even if not 50%, it will surely be more than the much touted 13% and would mean more development for the region and it's people.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:19pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

If they give 100 % derivation, atleast 50 % will get to the people. Even if not 50%, it will surely be more than the much touted 13% and would mean more development for the region and it's people.
I will most glad if that can happen. But with all that has come in since 1999, how much has touched d people? How much development has taken place so far?

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
I will most glad if that can happen. But with all that has come in since 1999, how much has touched d people? How much development has taken place so far?

Same applies nationwide, with all they got since time immemorial, can they all account for it? Let's not allow the issue of corruption to deprive the deserving ones their much needed justice.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:34pm On May 20, 2015
joeboy03:

Same applies nationwide, with all they got since time immemorial, can they all account for it? Let's not allow the issue of corruption to deprive the deserving ones their much needed justice.
so true but let's stick 2d issue cos d niger delta is our casestudy not nationwide. Its d people of ND we are trying 2 help not nationwide. Who are d people u say deserve justice? Are they not d same poor and downtrodden people who have been abandoned by their leaders and elected reps? Is justice not 2 ensure that these people get what is theirs from their leaders?

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 10:52am On May 21, 2015
lexy2014:
so true but let's stick 2d issue cos d niger delta is our casestudy not nationwide. Its d people of ND we are trying 2 help not nationwide. Who are d people u say deserve justice? Are they not d same poor and downtrodden people who have been abandoned by their leaders and elected reps? Is justice not 2 ensure that these people get what is theirs from their leaders?

Undoubtedly, The leaders of the ND have a duty to their people but so does the centre. The centre have got to do their bit by ensuring that the region gets enough allocation for paying the price to sustain the nation. Even without mismanagement, 13% is barely enough for this uphill task, they deserve more is exactly my point.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 11:25am On May 21, 2015
joeboy03:

Undoubtedly, The leaders of the ND have a duty to their people but so does the centre. The centre have got to do their bit by ensuring that the region gets enough allocation for paying the price to sustain the nation. Even without mismanagement, 13% is barely enough for this uphill task, they deserve more is exactly my point.
U are on point but d truth is no money is ever enough if not well utilised. D money isn't enough but its enough 2 turn a few people in2 billionaires while d rest wallow in poverty. Monies have been allocated since 1999 from d centre thru various means I have earlier mentioned. what u have failed 2 answer is what has been done with all these funds?

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by omonnakoda: 11:32am On May 21, 2015
lexy2014:
There are poor people everywhere in Nigeria and those in the Niger Delta cannot be treated differently. That does not happen in any country. If the Niger Delta feel that unless that is the case they want out of Nigeria then so be it.Organize and plan for that,personally I support it . We were all present when one man ,Ibori stole over $500 million and his people were saying it is our oyel. There is no need to pretend come out and say you want to break away and then do the needful. As long as the Delta remains part of Nigeria it cannot dictate to the rest of the nation

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 12:06pm On May 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
There are poor people everywhere in Nigeria and those in the Niger Delta cannot be treated differently. That does not happen in any country. If the Niger Delta feel that unless that is the case they want out of Nigeria then so be it.Organize and plan for that,personally I support it . We were all present when one man ,Ibori stole over $500 million and his people were saying it is our oyel. There is no need to pretend come out and say you want to break away and then do the needful. As long as the Delta remains part of Nigeria it cannot dictate to the rest of the nation
u are on point bro. Pls check my previous posts so u c which side am on. I was in conversation with someone thats what led 2 what u just responded 2. tnx

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Super1Star: 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
joeboy03:

So in your opinion, the centre has not given enough allocation to the ND, despite all these:

1. 13% Derivation
2. Min of ND
3. NNDC ( a mini regional govt)
4. amnesty programme.
5. FAAC allocation
6. JAC allocation
7. CSR Projects of oil majors.

It will only be fair to ask for accountability from their leaders, if all the inflows into the region since 1999 is not commensurate with the levels of development, infrastructural facilities and eradication of poverty being witnessed within th region.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 21, 2015
Super1Star:

So in your opinion, the centre has not given enough allocation to the ND, despite all these:

1. 13% Derivation
2. Min of ND
3. NNDC ( a mini regional govt)
4. amnesty programme.
5. FAAC allocation
6. JAC allocation
7. CSR Projects of oil majors.

It will only be fair to ask for accountability from their leaders, if all the inflows into the region since 1999 is not commensurate with the levels of development, infrastructural facilities and eradication of poverty being witnessed within th region.

All that you just mentioned does not commensurate with the sacrifice the region has made, they deserve more than that
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Super1Star: 3:32pm On May 21, 2015
joeboy03:

All that you just mentioned does not commensurate with the sacrifice the region has made, they deserve more than that

I quite agree with you.

I also believe accountability should start with the leaders of ND, defrauding and betraying their own people.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by omonnakoda: 4:12pm On May 21, 2015
joeboy03:

How do we measure and quantify sacrifice.? How we we know when it is "commensurate?
The a.nus makes sacrifice for the nose and the mouth etc but when the mouth starts to think I can be by myself alone maybe we ought to test that theory.

That it is "not commensurate is an opinion, my opinion really is at some point the "region" has to decide whether it wants to be part of Nigeria. Everyone can argue they have made one sacrifice or the other. The fact still remains that it is not practicable to accommodate increasing demands and remain in the same country. One question I always ask people should the state be the unit at which derivation is disbursed. Let us take Rivers State for eg assuming ALL the oil there was found in one LGA e.g in Eleme . The money would be controlled by Ikwerres and then we can have another round of agitation ad infinitum down to the family who own the land. For me I think those areas that are not happy should make plans to break away from Nigeria you cannot be part of Nigeria and continue to say OUR OIL that is not done anywhere so please break away

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by mapet: 4:38pm On May 21, 2015
lyntiffany:
I like the part omare said " henceforth any oil company that does not have their oil company in N/D would not be allowed to operate in their region" now this is what I call taking the bull by the horn.

One will simply imagine how a region is creating wealth and it is being enjoyed by the "sophisticated" and the "born to rule" mentality.
To enlighten you come to south south most of the oil companies there are being managed by the "sophisticated" whereas the youths and the owners of the oil begg's to be employed.
So much injustice perpetrated in this country called one Nigeria.

My Sister,

If you're aware of goings on in the industry, you will know that the bolded was actually implemented in the past. Shell, Total, Agip and some oil companies moved their head office to PH. What is happening today? Total has virtually relocated back to Lagos (They actually built a 15th floor new office in Adetokunbo Ademola street VI, something ND should have benefited from). Total relocated her head office to Abuja. Shell maintains a dual Abuja - PH office.

The ND are forgetting a critical rule in attracting investment - Enabling Environment. When all these companies relocated Head office to PH, the spate of kidnappings and harassment went upscale and led these companies. Do you think people will risk their lives, moneies and asset simply because they want to assuage the ND? Do you think investors will come when a sizeable number of expatriates have been kidnapped, some killed and other not sure of their fate?

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
How do we measure and quantify sacrifice.? How we we know when it is "commensurate?
The a.nus makes sacrifice for the nose and the mouth etc but when the mouth starts to think I can be by myself alone maybe we ought to test that theory.

That it is "not commensurate is an opinion, my opinion really is at some point the "region" has to decide whether it wants to be part of Nigeria. Everyone can argue they have made one sacrifice or the other. The fact still remains that it is not practicable to accommodate increasing demands and remain in the same country. One question I always ask people should the state be the unit at which derivation is disbursed. Let us take Rivers State for eg assuming ALL the oil there was found in one LGA e.g in Eleme . The money would be controlled by Ikwerres and then we can have another round of agitation ad infinitum down to the family who own the land. For me I think those areas that are not happy should make plans to break away from Nigeria you cannot be part of Nigeria and continue to say OUR OIL that is not done anywhere so please break away

Everyone has made sacrifice but they Have undoubtedly made the most sacrifice. Sacrificing their environment, comfort, sources of income for the poor, health and more in the course of oil exploration, exploitation and production in their region. Does that seem or sound like a petty sacrifice? You have to acknowledge that their circumstance is special, therefore requires a corresponding special intervention and attention.

You would hardly really grasp the depth and extent of this except you live in the heart of this places or have witnessed firsthand the havoc caused by these activities.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by proudlyhandsome: 9:11pm On May 21, 2015
lyntiffany:
That's his decision to build or not to as it is not limited to him alone because I can name countless Nigerians who have their investments established outside Nigeria.
We are talking about N/D vs Nigeria and not the other way round.
Wonder why people are fast to mention asari as if he is the only man that put a structure outside this country?
Bro if most individuals should bring their well established businesses home, believe me you won't see youths roaming the street worthlessly.
Like i said earlier is not between Asari and Nigeria but a whole N/D region vs Nigeria.
And am not by any means supporting him for that act of his but want to concentrate more on the importance of the message.

I have repeated this here time without numbers, there nothing like Niger-delta when it's time for War. I only pity the Ijaws being pushed by Igbos.

Igbos had tour that path and regretted their actions.

The past conflicts between the militants and Nigeria military was mere riot. I pity the Ijaws when Nigeria military finally decide to kill them like chickens.

Creeks could only accommodate Asari and his likes during a mere riot but in a full war, Creeks becomes a plain battlefield where bombs become an hourly thing. The Ijaws ll see their Bayelsa and cry.

Ojukwu who was well trained in one of the best military school in the world with other finest Igbo officers thought that it was going to be an easy battle going by Nigeria govt attitude to internal conflict.

Ojukwu even went on live TV to tell the whole world that Nigeria state would be shocked as to what was coming for them but unknown to him that a child ll be left to put his finger in burning candle in order for dat child to learn his lesson.

It ll only take just 4 days for Nigeria military to wipe Ijaws out of existence. Let them go to Odi and ask......

Di Ijaws youth think Asari us stupid when he took his business to Benin. Asari knows what we would befall that region in eventuality of war.

I pity Ijaws when they say Niger-Deltans, Do Ijaws expect Itshekiris, Edos, Urhobos, Egberis to support them in any war against Nigeria state? impossible mission. I guess they need to sit down and read Nigeria history very well before going into any war. Ijaws story would be worse than Igbo case after the war and Nigeria would completely leave them out of scheme of things after the war.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by omonnakoda: 9:15pm On May 21, 2015
proudlyhandsome:

I have repeated this here time without numbers, there nothing like Niger-delta when it's time for War. I only pity the Ijaws being pushed by Igbos.

Igbos had tour that path and regretted their actions.

The past conflicts between the militants and Nigeria military was mere riot. I pity the Ijaws when Nigeria military finally decide to kill them like chickens.

Creeks could only accommodate Asari and his likes during a mere riot but in a full war, Creeks becomes a plain battlefield where bombs become an hourly thing. The Ijaws ll see their Bayelsa and cry.

Ojukwu who was well trained in one of the best military school in the world with other finest Igbo officers thought that it was going to be an easy battle going by Nigeria govt attitude to internal conflict.

Ojukwu even went on live TV to tell the whole world that Nigeria state would be shocked as to what was coming for them but unknown to him that a child ll be left to put his finger in burning candle in order for dat child to learn his lesson.

It ll only take just 4 days for Nigeria military to wipe Ijaws out of existence. Let them go to Odi and ask......

Di Ijaws youth think Asari us stupid when he took his business to Benin. Asari knows what we would befall that region in eventuality of war.

I pity Ijaws when they say Niger-Deltans, Do Ijaws expect Itshekiris, Edos, Urhobos, Egberis to support them in any war against Nigeria state? impossible mission. I guess they need to sit down and read Nigeria history very well before going into any war. Ijaws story would be worse than Igbo case after the war and Nigeria would completely leave them out of scheme of things after the war.

No one wants to keep Ijaws and "their oil" by force. If they wish to exit Nigeria nd organize themselves politically then they will be surprised that no one stops them.The issue is when they try to use force.
However if they are hoping to continue in Nigeri nd believe they will do so by threats and intimidation it won't work

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Idris Ajimobi Spotted Praying By The Roadside With His Shoes On / FFK Replies Trump On Twitter: "Do Not Waver! Hold The Line And Be Strong!" / Arms & Ammunitions Army Found In Southern Kaduna (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.