Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! (1426 Views)

Help!!! My Simple Server Refuses To Work After Upgrading To Windows 10 / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' / Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by zogo(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2006
Hi dudes, what really could be the cause and solution to a delayed coming up, or refusal of Internet Explorer to come up when activated? Could it be that Windows is currupt and needs re-installation?
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by Seun(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2006
1) Download and run Lavasoft ad-aware to remove the spyware on your computer:
- http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html

2) Download and use Mozilla FIrefox as your primary browser insead of IE:
- http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

3) Download and install AVG free edition antivirus to protect your computer:
- http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

Those are the three steps to salvation for your PC. Good luck!
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by Planner(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2006
Zogo,

I also had the same problem. But what i did was to reinstall internet explorer. Just download the internet explorer 6 and run it on your computer. It worked for me.
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by zogo(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2006
Thanks Planner,
but wat would i use to download a new IE if IE has refused to open when activated?
dont u think Seun's solution should be considerd?

But pls Seun, are u recomending VGA for a good antivirus?
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by candylips(m): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2006
use firefox its a much better browser
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by hayprof(m): 1:03am On Sep 14, 2006
I also experience this. I use Internet Explorer7 Beta3
Solution: I completely forgot about Internet Explorer. I'm now using Mozilla.
Moreso the refresh botton dont seem to work anymore on my Internet Explorer
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by rikkyjen(m): 4:17am On Sep 14, 2006
Cool cheesy wink
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by egoldman(m): 7:48am On Sep 14, 2006
first of all ,whats is the capacity of ur pc ? if u dont have enough ram memory for ur pc capacity then most programs expecialy IE would always take time to load ands respond ,so first of all check if ur ram memory is enough for ur pc capapcity .
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by engr17(m): 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2006
Its like guys have some xperiencing in IE issues?

Anyway to avert the problem try the two by downloading Java 5.0 from java.com
try and clean up your Internet explorer history setting ( that is if you wanna make use of it again)
OR use explorer (NOT Iexplorer) to downlaod Mozilla (Firefox 1.5.6)but don't forget to install its Active 9x to enable you work with the two browser even more faster than before because Microsoft have also liftted ban recently on net config and download scripting on winXP SP2
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by my2cents(m): 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2006
Folks,

Get on the Mozilla Firefox (FF) bandwagon today!! The trend is growing. User base has increased to 15%. Though not much, it is significant, considering that last yr, it was I think around 7%. For one, it takes care of your popup issues, and is more compliant, with respect to web standards. Even the new IE7 will not be as good as FF

So what r u waiting for? Go get firefox today (Seun has already provided the link)!!
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2006
Thanks to IE 7beta2, i've lost virtually every valuable information on my laptop and had to reinstall a new OS!

All hail IE 7!
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by my2cents(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2006
Note to self:

Never jump on the bandwagon and get latest technology that hasn't been fully tested for stability and/or is in beta status. Only deal with tried and tested, full functional technology grin

Just in case, I hope we all realize that microsoft doesn't have a quality assurance department and that we the users are working for them for free, in this regard. Doubt me? Then the next time any windows application crashes, see if that "send, dont send report" popup doesn't show up.

It is the one of the biggest scams, in my opinion, in the history of corporate america and they say we naijans are masters of 419?

Here's to open source!! cool cool
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by fisayo: 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2006
my2cents and seun av said it all! y use ie when there's firefox? afaik, ie is an internal error waitin 2 happen. i tink we should tend towards opensource esp in a developing country like ours. if u get 2 use firefox, u'll c y opensource rocks!
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by Chxta(m): 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2006
davidylan:

Thanks to IE 7beta2, i've lost virtually every valuable information on my laptop and had to reinstall a new OS!

All hail IE 7!

I don't believe you installed that! shocked Why didn't you just uninstall your anti-virus instead?
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by egoldman(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2006
i have been using IE 7 for sometime now and i also have firefox,i don't realy think IE is such a bad idea,there aren lots of new feattures on the IE 7 ,FIREFOX  is good also,they are good depending on what site u are on, some sites would work much better with IE,but when on site where u use stuff like credit card or other personal info ,better use firefox,not that IE isnt safe ,but firefox hasnt realy had much of the dominance like IE does ,so naturaly the hackers and frausters target IE more .
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by my2cents(m): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2006
i have been using IE 7 for sometime now and i also have firefox,i don't realy think IE is such a bad idea,there aren lots of new feattures on the IE 7 ,FIREFOX is good also,they are good depending on what site u are onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

That is y the developers amongst us should push that IE (FF has done this to a better and greater extent) adopt web standards. That way, no matter what browser u r on, the site you visit looks and behaves in the same way. It was a result of IE's (dare I say?) arrogance that developers dumped them and worked on FF. Now, FF is growing, granted not at IE's pace. If only MSFT would de-couple IE from its Windows OS, we would see which browser pple actually choose grin
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by egoldman(m): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2006
whenever i access sites like paypal,e-gold and other security related sites where i might use stuff like credit card , i prefer firefox,reason isnt only that it might be safer ,but the fact that IE have still over 90% of webrowsers dominance ,its clear that hackers would alsways target IE browsers .
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by jammin(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2006
bossman your browser got hijacked!!!! get a good spyware cleaner, a couple good ones are on the net free, better yet use two. run them both and you should see the problem corrected
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by zogo(m): 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2006
Hi dudes,
tenx for ur diffrent contributions to my post.

But i have a problem now, the problem is that i have not been able to compose mail in my office. ie most times the compose page will come up full, but when u click send, it does not send. most times too the compose page culd come up just half showing only (From field, To feild, and subject feild), this is only wat displays atimes.

I had to install mozilla firefox and opera as my ISP (name withheld) smiley advised me, yet the problem is still persistent!

pls i need ur contributions here.

But wait let me ask, do u think this is a general problem for this week like my ISP claimed culd be the problem? Pls can u compose mail from ur end?

tenx!
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by Seun(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2006
The problem of pages only loading halfway happens when your ISPs bandwidth is congested.

I'm experiencing the same problem and it's making me a very unhappy person! angry
Re: Internet Explorer Wastes Much Time Or Refuses To Come Up! by jammin(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2006
@seun
i finall figured out how this damn thing work.
now all i want to do now is to be able to track all my thread.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Did You Pay For Your First Email Address? / Activation Licence Needed For Vista Ultimate Urgently. / Pls Is This Product Chinna.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.