Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves (1032 Views)

8 Places Materialistic Ladies Choose For Valentine That Scare Many Guys Away / Top 10 Categories Of People That Won't Bother About Valentine's Day / Why 9ja Girls Drink Alcohol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by olajimi07(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2009
well now the saint valentine day is around the corner,all those 9ja babes are really making issue over the day,in the sense that if i fail to keep a date with them on that day that they would not talk to me for the rest of their life.why is this like this?
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by sistajay(f): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2009
If you've ever loved, you'll know what the fuss is all about!
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by fs(f): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
I wonder myself and I'm very much in love thank you. People are just different. I personally hate the fact that there's this one day that society capitalizes on so much as the day to show love to your spouse (specifically to the women). I don't know, it annoys me.
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by sistawoman: 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2009
It should not be a one day thing. One should be showing love for their spouse or SO everyday.

But V-day is set aside and specail, like B-days, Xmas, Thanksgiving.

What woman does not want to know that her man thought of her on the most romantic day of the year? Or at least the one that has been set aside for lovers.

I am taking my husband out and asked that he just buy me a card and not try to show me up this holiday. He was totally surprised that I am taking him out to dinner at a high price restaurant.

This is not the only day we show each other love; in our house; in our lives it is an everyday occurrence. But 2/14 is the day set aside to go over the top with that love.
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by fs(f): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2009
I understand sistawoman, I do. The day just annoys me in general because people take it way too seriously. I know how my husband feels about me and vice versa. We personally do not celebrate Vday, I never have. I have to say that the way Christmas is celebrated (especially in the US) also annoys me. The emphasis on gifts and all that. These are the things that irritate me. Emphasis on stuff. It's just me though.
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by sistawoman: 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2009
fs:

I understand sistawoman, I do. The day just annoys me in general because people take it way too seriously. I know how my husband feels about me and vice versa. We personally do not celebrate Vday, I never have. I have to say that the way Christmas is celebrated (especially in the US) also annoys me. The emphasis on gifts and all that. These are the things that irritate me. Emphasis on stuff. It's just me though.

Our society is based on money. Or ecomony is bad. Right now is the perfect time to spend a little extra if you have it to spare.

I just hate that people around me are loosing thier jobs. If spending a little extra on a totally comercialized holiday keeps someone working one more day or week then it is worth it. Whatever I can pump back into this economy I will.

But I understand what you are saying. There have been times in the past where all we did was exchange cards (with ex-bf), and I am sure that hubby and I will get to that point (this is the second V-day for us).

Plus for me it is a little different. . . . the holidays are special and different. Growing up we did not celebrate holidays so to do so as an adult is fun for me right now.
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by tope2000(f): 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2009
fs:

I wonder myself and I'm very much in love thank you. People are just different. I personally hate the fact that there's this one day that society capitalizes on so much as the day to show love to your spouse (specifically to the women). I don't know, it annoys me.

I concur cool
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by na2day2(m): 3:09am On Feb 13, 2009
sista-jay:

If you've ever loved, you'll know what the fuss is all about!

story! ever wonder why most nigerian guys pick a fight with their GFs b4 that day? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by sunnykiss(m): 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2009
grin grin st Valentine sef, who be that yeye oyinbo man wey invent am sef,

jor any day man can love and rock , jor, not only feb 14th, make these babes dem cool down , or else dem go wound oooooooo grin grin grin
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2009
Tope I nid you as a Val! I stay AT PH
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2009
Deleted
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by Tonyet1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2009
fs:

fs:

am sorry to assume, but if i should go by any of your comments then it shows that u might be some SADDI$$$T,

even on xmas u aint finding joy then there is a brought-up problem somewhere
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by patwhizkid(f): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2009
Neroze, no worry, i go cal u
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by fs(f): 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2009
tonye-t:

am sorry to assume, but if i should go by any of your comments then it shows that u might be some SADDI$$$T,

even on xmas u aint finding joy then there is a brought-up problem somewhere

Thank you o tonye. I'm a saddist because I don't like the EMPHASIS ON GIFTS, when Christmas is about something completely different. That is your problem. I believe in real relationships, real feelings because you want to do something, not because society says it's the day or season to do it. I hear many Americans complain about all the gifts they have to buy and all the debt they get into because of Christmas. When that is not even the purpose of Christmas. Nonsense.

I have a lot of joy during Christmas and in fact the whole year, thank you. Not because of gifts, but because of the precious life that I have and the family and friends that surround me. Abeg.
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by chiogo(f): 12:02am On Feb 14, 2009
@fs, OMG! You are so right. I think it's worse for teenagers. You hear girls asking stuff like "who would be my valentine?" that's just bullshit to me. I thought Valentine's is meant for people in love or in a relationship. If you are not in love or a relationship, why bother? All they really care about is the gift. So if a guy asks you out a week before valentine's, you two are still not in love, after the lovey-dovey, what happens? LOL! Anyways, I don't have anything against valentine's but I am definitely not buying stuff for anyone I don't love just because it's valentine. I accept gifts though. cheesy

Christmas. . . .that's another thing, most of these people always wanting gifts don't even believe in God. All they care about are gifts. Some don't even know the significance of that day, which is why some Americans always say "Happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". They think it's just some type of holiday. Tsk!
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by Bosin(m): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2009
Valentine is like christmas celebrated every yr,so since at is day 4luvers,they need that attention. Not dat anything is special
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by A40(m): 4:12am On Feb 14, 2009
The day in question is kinda over-rated
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by jamace(m): 6:59am On Feb 14, 2009
The day in question is kinda over-rated
And X-rated too angry.
Re: What Is So Special About Valentine That 9ja Girls Want Kill Themselves by na2day2(m): 7:47am On Feb 14, 2009
jamace:

And X-rated too angry.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Mean ? / Do The Opinions Of Your Friends Count When Choosing A Life Partner / Thats My Situation Now: Should I Pretend That All Is Wel Or Move On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.