Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,224 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

If I Was God.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If I Was God.... (1649 Views)

Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2015
I Was Born In A Christian Home,just Like Many Of You...! started attending Church Services,sunday school and bible studies at a very tender age. used to enjoy the bible tales told to us in the church and i loved going... when i was about six years,i began to get confused just as every normal kid,beginned to ask questions,some of which were answered while most of them;i was assured as i grow older, i would understand...i was also told that not all questions can be answered (the we-can't-question-god-hypothesis).... with all these answers, and as a kid,there was no need for a debate.i grew up to accept fate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2015
when i was about 10 years,i beganto reason...i began to see why some things shouldn't be happening in the church - so many they were,which you and i obviously know of today...i knew the system was faulty...i then began to question christianity !! i never got an answer to any question even if some pastors and christians tried to answer... i thought i was the only one seeing things differently...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 12:08pm On May 18, 2015
my case aggravated when the situation of things in the country in particular and in the world at large became worse...! the daily child abuse i see on the street of lagos(just to mention),terrorism,arm robbery,killings,natural disasters,hunger and starvation,war,jungle justice e.t.c (also to mention a few) got me thinking and conclusive to the fact that there was no god...! but who am i to say there was no god, i always thought? how dare me? do i want to perish in hell?....am i wrong to see what i see/think that people dont,i always thought to myself?! everyone must truly be dumb. if we have the simplest human pity, as a god; we would never allow any of these to happen to our creation - humanity...then shouldn't it be obvious there isn't a god?...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2015
i still kept going to church though as i had no choice...coupled with early morning devotions and testimonies in church by brethrens and even my mum subconsciously tuned me to a fact that there is a true god. 'okay then, i know you are up there,can you please give answers to my questions,lord?'...i was willing and waiting to hear from god directly...i never got any reply. i recollected vividly in church,we the kids were always told how much god loves us and how he would better talk to us than talk to adults with their corrupted mind,for we(kids) are compared to sheep without blemish... i was still willing to wait to hear from god.

2 Likes

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2015
at about 12, I still got no answers to my questions...with situations of things worsening, I believed our god being omnipotent to be a wicked god. of course he is! how do I explain to pagans that the god I serve is the real god, that he created the whole world of humanity including them, that he loves the whole of humanity and he himself is love, that he made hellfire for humans that would not repent (biggest irony of all - love, fire and eternity!!!), that their god is false, that I had never even heard from him ever not to talk of communicating with him? This became a real deal... I kept going to church anyways but hated god... I became an ordinary church goer...

2 Likes

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2015
I was not serving my supposed creator. ...I saw myself as an anti-christ, but I knew I was justified. though my scope wasn't broadened as I felt god must have his personal reasons for his inactions... when I got to senior secondary school, I just decided to let everything go, I wanted to live a normal life, still going to church though.

my university days wasnt different which I thought would be because i thought it was gonna be the place to get my answers judging by the fact that there were plenty of fellowships, churches and very educated pastors and learned colleagues....but I was very wrong again....they knew not the bible not to talk about its real teachings and doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 1:59pm On May 18, 2015
I forgot to say my parents were separated...I stayed with my mom.....when I was through with my studies, I visited my dad, stayed with him for a while and got along with him. we soon started talking about the bible....he gave me very reasonable answers to my questions and I seemed satisfied... he then started teaching me the bible and I soon started finding the bible very interesting.

it got so interesting that I began to read it everyday...my dad for sure understands the bible. he corrected so many wrong interpretations analysed by the regular men of god. he wasn't a pastor that owned any church so he was sincere with conveying the teachings of the bible.

i soon started knowing most of our men of God were false. I could see how they have been able to successfully deceive the masses. I could only blame it on the stupidity of the masses(as they are not willing to think by themselves, reason by themselves, read the bible by themselves) and the crafty, cunny and selfish men of god.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 2:07pm On May 18, 2015
Anyways, I was happy I knew the truth already...I knew the reason for the death of christ and our mission as Christians. I enjoyed the bible and I wanted to make things right as far as Christianity was concerned. I believed it was going to be made possible.

I read and meditated everyday...I read every hour, I connected with the bible and it connected with me. It became the only thing i did usually.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 2:30pm On May 18, 2015
I despised going to church even more.... saw all of them as bunch of hypocrites. I was better off without them I thought....my dad advised I should keep going, as it was the only way to get connected to Christians and guide them through the right path . 'this is going to be fun ' I thought. I soon started going to church; Winners chapel I chose to go; I soon started seeing and noticing the same and new ugly/uglier practices..... I was fed up without starting...I kept going though, but things got uglier...I then stopped attending church services...

Nysc followed....got to camp only to find myself teaching and educating corpers about the true teachings of the bible;those who cared to listen.i was attacked on so many occasions relating to the bible; but I always corrected them with reference to the bible....and so many of them saw the points by themselves in the bible and they were surprised how they never knew these things till that particular time. I got popularity on camp and people began to see the flaws in their reading, understanding the bible, together with their reasoning, thoughts, knowledge and understanding.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 18, 2015
so?
Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 6:36pm On May 18, 2015
during service, as I continued to read, study, meditate and teach the bible; I began to notice some flaws in the bible, but I was ready to get answers to these flaws from the same bible so I decided to dig further.... Further study of the bible led to my personal discoveries of so many flaws which I would share on here.....
as if flaws and contradictions were not enough for the holy book which is said to be the good news revealed to the apostles by god; the book goes further to contain cruelty, wickedness,evils, slavery, jungle justice, war, killings commanded directly by god. no wonder the better part of the book is contained with stories of war.
Christians today have converted these physical wars, killing and brutality to spiritual warfare made possible by the deceitfulness of our so called men of god...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 7:00pm On May 18, 2015
this thread is created to enlighten those that care to know these things...the absurdities, contradictions, flaws and bad commandments and judgements the bible comtains.

I would only appreciate and reply to reasonable debates and contributions as I do not deem it fit to argue with brainless people whose job is to argue with you and drag you down to their level and at the same time, beating you at it for they are well experienced in stupidity....

I know a few very intelligent aethist on here already(daevien, johnydon22, Frank 317), and some reasonable Christian folks who I would like to contribute to this thread....

we are not going to be here to argue stupidly or throw insults at each other; a debate is what this thread should be like.

whether contributions are made or not, I will still not hesitate to continue with my posts from time to time... Questions are welcomed at any point in time as I shall be referencing the bible to give my points.....

you can as well quote me at any point in time.

4 Likes

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 4:18pm On May 19, 2015
CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE!!!

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by johnydon22(m): 4:36pm On May 19, 2015
djdoxxx:
CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE!!!

You know one of the first questions i asked was... How can the supposed word of a deity that claims to be universal have the mythological history of one particular people in almost 70% of its pages... thats not right..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 4:42pm On May 19, 2015
We will be looking into the account of the death of jesus christ...four different chapters write vividly on the account,namely 'mathew,mark,luke and john'.... for certain,we all know the difference between 'account' and 'accounts'....for account means 'an explanation of a particular event' and to explain a particular event, the explanation given must be the same or similar if spoken/written/recorded by different individuals... 'accounts' therefore could mean 'different explanation of a particular event' thereby causing or creating contracditions and differences. if for example there are three of your friends present at a church service namely ' Emeka, Tayo and Chris', which is known by 'you and Esther'... Now, there is a contradiction if you give an account that only 'chris' came to church when Esther Says 'chris, Emeka And Tayo' came... we know for a truth that Esther Speaks The Truth While You Have Given A False Account About The Event...So,now We Know For An Account Must Be The Same Or Should Be Similar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 4:54pm On May 19, 2015
Now,the Accounts Of These Four Seperate Writers But Inspired By God For They Were Not Present At The Event They Testify Must Not Just Be Similar But Must Be The Same As It Is Revealed To Them By An Almighty God...This Is To Say God Cannot Reveal Four Different Happenings Of A Particular Event To Four Different People...It Would Appear That We Would Not Know Which Account To Believe,just As The Case Of Who Would I Have Believed When You And Esther Gave Different Accounts Of What Happened In The Church. It Then Wakes Our Consciousness That The 'holy Book' Must Be Certain About A Particular Event Since The Book Is From God And Is Said To Be 'Truth' And Therefore Should Not Contain An Iota Of Lie,not Even One.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2015
johnydon22:

You know one of the first questions i asked was... How can the supposed word of a deity that claims to be universal have the mythological history of one particular people in almost 70% of its pages... thats not right..
very Correct!!! And That Is Where Christians Get It All Wrong!!! The Bible Only Talks About Isreal And It Says For A Fact That Their God, Yahweh Is Only The God Of Isreal...It Fails To Show The Love Of Their God To The Rest Of The World Rather It Points Out How He( Yahweh) Hates And Detests The Rest Of The World Judging By The Fact That He Continually Commands Them To Fight Wars Killing Innocent Men,women And Children... Permit Me To Continue On My Points,bro...I Sight You In HD.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:14pm On May 19, 2015
For If The Bible Should Contain A Lie,then It Cease To Be Termed As ' The Truth'... I Will Then Proceed To Comparing The Four Accounts Said To Be Inspired By One God To Four Different Chapter Writers....These Accounts Shall Be Compared And Contrasted Simultaneously. I Will Like To Believe That Everybody Knows The Meaning Of 'Comparison And Contrast'...There Should Be No Contrast In The Revelation Of A Particular Happening By God,atleast Not In A Book Considered As A Holy Book By Christians.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:28pm On May 19, 2015
I Will Be Dealing With The Whole Verses In Mathew Chapter 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 20 And 21,as These Accounts For The Ressurection Of Christ. I Bet Most Of You Dont Know Of These Differences And Contradictions Even If You Are Permitted To Read These Chapters All Over Again...Of Course,you Were Only Told A Particular Story/account Of The Ressurection When You Were Kids,and That Probably Is What You Still Know Till Date Even As A Bible Scholar That You Claim To Be.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:30pm On May 19, 2015
Let Us Begin...

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:49pm On May 19, 2015
Mathew 28 vs 1 - At The End Of The Sabbath,as It Began To Dawn Toward The First Day Of The Week,came Mary Magdalene And The Other Mary To See The Sepulcher. Mark 16 Vs 1 - And When The Sabbath Was Past, Mary Magdalene,and Mary The Mother Of James, And Salome, Had Bought Sweet Spices,that They Might Come And Anoint Him. Vs 2 - And Very Early In The Morning The First Day Of The Week,they Came Unto The Sepulcher At The Rising Of The Sun. Luke 24 Vs 1 - Now Upon The First Day Of The Week,very Early In The Morning,they Came Unto The Sepulcher,bringing The Spices Which They Had Prepared,and Certain Others Came With Them. Vs 10 - It Was Mary Magdalene,and Joanna, And Mary The Mother Of James, And Other Women That Were With Them,who Told These Things Unto The Apostles.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 6:06pm On May 19, 2015
John 20 Vs 1 - The First Day Of The Week Came Mary Magdalene Early,when It Was Yet Dark,unto The Sepulcher,and Saw The Stone Taken Away From The Sepulcher. Incase You Have Still Not Noticed The Contradictions In These Books, I Will Help You Out. Mathew Says After Sabbath( Saturday),which Was Sunday Came Only Two People (mary Magdalene And The Other Mary) To The Tomb...Mark Says Three People (mary Magdalene, Mary The Mother Of James, And Salome)Came To The Tomb...Luke Says More Than Four People,atleast Five (mary Magdalene, Joanna, And The Other Mary And Certain Others With Them) To The Tomb....John Says Only Mary Magdalene Came To The Tomb. The Followers Of Christ Seem To Contradict Themselves In Just The First Verse Of Their Ressurection Story...How Could This Writers Disagree With The Names And Actual Number Of Visitors To The Tomb?

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 6:28pm On May 19, 2015
Dwelling On The Same Individual Verses, I Am Bringing It To Your Notice As A Novice That You Seem To Be That Mathew Says They Came As It Began To Dawn To The Tomb...Mark Says They Came At The Rising Of The Sun(no Darkness,for The Sun Gives Light)...Luke Says They Came very Early In The Morning To The Tomb...John Says Only She(mary Magdalene) Came Early When It Was Yet Dark To The Tomb... These Show They Disagreed With The Time The Visits Were Made. As We Know 'rising Of The Sun' Is Very Different From ' The Dawning Of The Day' And Also Different From 'yet Still Dark' Which Refers To 'Night'... This Is The Second Contradiction In Just One Verse On The Account Of Ressurrection That We All Are Supposed To Believe In. They Only Agreed On The Day Of The Visit Which Is General As 'the First Day Of The Week' Which We All Know As Sunday...

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 6:49pm On May 19, 2015
Mathew Goes On To Say In Verse Two,that There Was A Great Earthquake Which Other Writers Never Included... If There Was A Great Earthquake Truly,other Writers Would Have Written About It,how Come Only The Writer Of Mathew Noticed The Earthquake? For It Was Great,it Wouldnt Have Been Only In The Books Of The Mathew, Mark, Luke And John; It Would Have Been In Other Historical Books Of Isreal Atleast If Not In Other Historical Books Of Surrounding Countries. Since There Is No Account Of Any Earthquake That Happened That Day In Even The Other Books Of Mark, Luke And John,then It Appears The Writer(s) Of Mathew As A Liar(s). No Amount Of Lie Can Be Pardonable As This Involves The Bible Containing A Lie... I Have Discussed Previous Contradictions In These Books...It Is For A Sure That They Are All Lying Or The Three Writers Are Lying Leaving One. How Did God Then Reveal Different Happenings To His Followers To Be His True Word?

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 7:25pm On May 19, 2015
Mathew Goes Further To Say In Verse 2 - " And Behold,there Was A Great Earthquake: For The Angel Of The Lord Descended From Heaven,and Came And Rolled Back The Stone From The Door,and Sat Upon It." Mark 16 Vs 3 -" And They Said Among Themselves,who Shall Roll Us Away The Stone From The Door Of The Sepulcher?" Mark 16 Vs 4 - "and When They Looked,they Saw That The Stone Was Rolled Away: For It War Very Great." Mark 16 Vs 5 -" And Entering Into The Sepulcher,they Saw A Young Man Sitting On The Right Side,clothed In A Long White Garment;and They Were Amazed" Luke 24 Vs 3- "and They Entered In,and Found Not The Body Of The Lord Jesus." Luke 24 Vs 4-"and It Came To Pass,as They Were Much Perplexed About This,behold,two Men Stood By Them In Shining Garments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 7:43pm On May 19, 2015
John 20 Vs 12-"and Saw Two Angels In White Sitting,the One At The Head,and The Other At The Feet,where The Body Of Jesus Had Lain. Incase You Have Not Noticed The Contradictions In The Above Passages,i Will Again Remove The Veil In Your Eyes And Put It Straight To You...Mathew Writes About Just An Angel Present At The Tomb Who Sat Upon The Stone He Used The Earthquake To Roll Away Which Was Outside The Tomb...Mark Writes About An Angel Who Was Seen By The Women Seated Inside The Tomb At The Right Side Where Jesus Was Laid... Luke Writes That The Women Entered The Sepulcher And Saw The Two Angels Standing While John Accounts That There Were Two Angels Both Seated,one At The Head And The Other At The Feet Where Jesus Was Lain Who Was Seen By Mary Magdalene When She Was Weeping Outside The Tomb At The Departure Of Paul And John Who Other Writers Failed To Write.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 7:58pm On May 19, 2015
Is It That The Bible Writers Have An Obvious Problem With Giving The Exact Account Of An Event As We Have Now Seen,or They Are In Competition With Themselves As Of Whom Is A Good Fable/story Teller? This Becomes Pitiable When The Contents Of Just The Ressurection Of Christ Is Full With Contradictions And Lies...Why Have Our Men Of God Failed To Show Us These Contradictions? For A Fact,few Of Them Would Have Known About These Things,but They Have Chose To Stick To The Lies So As To Not Tarnish Their Reputations Which They Have Built For Years...And Many Of Them Of Course Dont Know Because They Read The Bible With Shallow Minds Coupled With The Low Level Of Intelligent Quota Most Of Them Possess...They Become Hypocrites Of Themselves,they Know They Are Wrong About Saying There Is A God,but How Else Can They Enslave,brain-wash People To Enrich Them(men Of God)? They Have To Impose An Eternal Threat That Would Put You In Their Yoke For The Rest Of Your Lifes. What A Shame?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2015
Still On The Subject Of The Matter...

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:14pm On May 21, 2015
The Writer Of Mathew Didnt Tell Us Whether The Visitors(mary Magdalene And Mary) Entered The Sepulcher But Made Us Know The Women Were Directed To The Sepulcher To See Where Jesus Was Laid By The Angel They Saw Sitting Outside On A Stone,Just As They Got To The Sepulcher(mathew 28 Vs 6)...The Writer Of Mark Tells Us The Visitors(mary Magdalene,mary,and Salome) Did Enter The Sepulcher But This Time,saw The Angel Seated On The Right Side Where Jesus Laid And They Fled Quickly Away As Commanded By The Angel They Saw Inside The Sepulcher...The Writer Of Luke Says The Women(mary Magdalene,mary The Mother Of James,joanna And Others) Entered And Couldnt Find The Body Of Christ,it Was After This They Saw Two AngelsOn Seeing Two Standing Angels Were Afraid( Luke 24 Vs 3-5) ,While The Writer Of John Lets Us Know For A Fact That Not Only Was Mary Magdalene The Only One Present At The Sepulcher,it Is Clear That She Didnt Enter The Sepulcher And Didnt See Any Angel.(john 20 Vs 1-2)

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:35pm On May 21, 2015
Writers Of Mathew, Mark And Luke Put It To Us That The Visitors Were Commanded By Angel/ Angel/Angels Respectively To Go Forth To Tell His Disciples To Gather At Galilee For Jesus Shall Meet Them There...The Writer Of John Put It That The Mary Magdalene Was Herself Seen And Probably Told By Jesus To Tell His Disciples.

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by djdoxxx(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2015
(in Mathew) After The Visitors Departed From The Sepulcher, Jesus Met Them On The Way Before They Met With The Disciples...They Worshiped Him,He Told Them Not To Be Afraid,and Again Told Them To Tell His Disciples To Gather At Galilee...When They Were Going,some Guards Came Into The City And Told The Chief Priests The Happenings, It Is Said That The Guards Were Bribed To Say The Disciples Came By Night And Stole Away The Body Of Jesus... The Eleven Disciples Went To Galilee Into A Mountain Where Jesus Appointed Them,and When They Saw Him,they Worshiped Him,but Some Doubted. Jesus Left Them And Ascended Into Heaven At The Mountain...

1 Like

Re: If I Was God.... by Liveair: 6:06pm On May 21, 2015
We want ...more!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Living Water - Christ Apostolic Church Daily Devotion / Why Is Mass Being Said (celebrated) In Latin? / See Wonders Bible In A Car Did 2day As Kidnappers Shoot People Going 2 Owerri(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.