Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Education: Shame On Africans! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Education: Shame On Africans! (1038 Views)

Shame On Those Wishing Buhari Dead- Adesina / The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 18, 2015
I dedicate this thread to the dude who chided me for denouncing the slave traders who took our lands and our rights and created a "country" for us.
According to him,

mayorchelsea:
Same slave traders that laid a foundation for you and I to be educated and come to nairaland to drop our comments in the slave traders language#JUST SAYING

This dude belong to the group of Africans who were brain washed that the ability to read, write and speak the Engish Language is the same thing as being educated.

How do you feel when you buy a product and you cant read the manual because it is written in china?
The Chinese creativity, productivity and exports is the proof of solid education bro, majority of them do not know how to read, write or speak English.

Show me educated people, and I will show you creative, productive and self sufficient people.
Africans have natural resources, we sell them and divide the money into two.

One part is used import junks in the name of food and the other half is used to import arms so we can to kill one another.

Shame on Africa!

1 Like

Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by hahn(m): 1:49pm On May 18, 2015
You should have written this post in your native language using a mobile phone invented by someone in your village and we'll know exactly how serious you are
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 18, 2015
hahn:
You should have written this post in your native language using a mobile phone invented by someone in your village and we'll know exactly how serious you are

And what exactly is my point bro?
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by hahn(m): 2:02pm On May 18, 2015
noblezone:

I'm just as confused as you are
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 18, 2015
hahn:

I'm just as confused as you are

Accept my sympathy if you are confused.

Sorry to burst your bubble, I am not!
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by hahn(m): 5:21pm On May 18, 2015
noblezone:

Accept my sympathy if you are confused.

Sorry to burst your bubble, I am not!

Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by tpiander: 5:24pm On May 18, 2015
that poster is ignorant.

I guess he's not aware education was actually banned by slave traders.
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by hahn(m): 12:50pm On May 24, 2015
tpiander:
that poster is ignorant.

I guess he's not aware education was actually banned by slave traders.

And eventually, the same slave traders thought it necessary to make it legal for slaves to acquire it. How ironic

Whites started slavery and william wilberforce(white) started the fight to eliminate it. Not blacks

In present day Africa, blacks are the slave traders and blacks are still the slaves.

Na wa o
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by jamaicanoshu(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2015
BULLS!!T. TO SPEAK ANOTHER MAN'S LANGUAGE AND TO FOLLOW ANOTHER MAN'S SILLY RELIGION IS THE HEIGHT OF SLAVERY. Where is the Igbo script? (1) Adopt Mondombe has the script for the Igbo language. (2) Build an Igbo holy book around the Ancient Egyptian /Kametic book of the dead / PEREMRU Put in Igbo war stories, cultural laws, economic laws and family laws. Use Kemetic drawings of beheadings as on the temples in Egyptwah. It should also contain the doctrine of of the Igbo seeking ALWAYS TO BE FIRST ON THE BATTLE FIELD . This battlefield would be every Igbo mans Biafra/His work in this life! Wahala you now have a holybook to solidify Igbo culture and values.
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 24, 2015
hahn:

And eventually, the same slave traders thought it necessary to make it legal for slaves to acquire it. How ironic

Whites started slavery and william wilberforce(white) started the fight to eliminate it. Not blacks

In present day Africa, blacks are the slave traders and blacks are still the slaves.

Na wa o

I went to speak a group of secondary school graduates and we were discussing what Education is.
I asked them thus:

My father gave me hoe and showed me how to use it,
at school, they gave me pencil and paper and asked me to draw hoe.

Which was a better eduction?

Then they asked me to define "Farming".
I am sure my father could also define farming.
The only deference would be the Language.

I have been asking them this question.

What is the education in all this?
Is it the knowledge of the subject or the Language?
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 24, 2015
jamaicanoshu:
BULLS!!T. TO SPEAK ANOTHER MAN'S LANGUAGE AND TO FOLLOW ANOTHER MAN'S SILLY RELIGION IS THE HEIGHT OF SLAVERY. Where is the Igbo script? (1) Adopt Mondombe has the script for the Igbo language. (2) Build an Igbo holy book around the Ancient Egyptian /Kametic book of the dead / PEREMRU Put in Igbo war stories, cultural laws, economic laws and family laws. Use Kemetic drawings of beheadings as on the temples in Egyptwah. It should also contain the doctrine of of the Igbo seeking ALWAYS TO BE FIRST ON THE BATTLE FIELD . This battlefield would be every Igbo mans Biafra/His work in this life! Wahala you now have a holybook to solidify Igbo culture and values.

My interest is not religion.
I am interested in a system of education that will make us to be self sufficient in creative productivity.
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by hahn(m): 6:38pm On May 24, 2015
noblezone:

I went to speak a group of secondary school graduates and we were discussing what Education is.
I asked them thus:

My father gave me hoe and showed me how to use it,
at school, they gave me pencil and paper and asked me to draw hoe.

Which was a better eduction?

Then they asked me to define "Farming".
I am sure my father could also define farming.
The only deference would be the Language.

I have been asking them this question.

What is the education in all this?
Is it the knowledge of the subject or the Language?

Of course, knowledge of the subject. The fact that one can draw a hoe doesn't necessarily translate to his ability to use it, which is more important.

However, the language will also play its part when it becomes neccesary to teach/transfer the knowledge to someone else especially if the person has an understanding of an entirely different language.
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 24, 2015
hahn:

Of course, knowledge of the subject. The fact that one can draw a hoe doesn't necessarily translate to his ability to use it, which is more important.

However, the language will also play its part when it becomes neccesary to teach/transfer the knowledge to someone else especially if the person has an understanding of an entirely different language.

As Africans, we need to develop our Languages, use them to study and learn.
Then we can learn English as a foreign Language.
That is exactly, what China, Japan, Korea, Germany, France, Malaysia and the rest of them are doing.
Or are we saying we cannot get knowledge if it is conveyed in Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Efik, Igbirra, kanuri and others?

Let me say this; our struggle with some topics or subjects in class rooms, is not really about the knowledge contained but because we could not understood the language used.

The day I discovered that Scale of Preference cum Opportunity Cost is a Saying a popular saying in Igbo language, i almost shed tears.

Okay, Igbos in the house, can somebody me totranslate this if you know the saying:

“Ọ na abụ a ghara nkpa, e mee nkpa”
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by hahn(m): 9:28am On May 25, 2015
noblezone:

As Africans, we need to develop our Languages, use them to study and learn.
Then we can learn English as a foreign Language.
That is exactly, what China, Japan, Korea, Germany, France, Malaysia and the rest of them are doing.
Or are we saying we cannot get knowledge if it is conveyed in Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Efik, Igbirra, kanuri and others?

Let me say this; our struggle with some topics or subjects in class rooms, is not really about the knowledge contained but because we could not understood the language used.

The day I discovered that Scale of Preference cum Opportunity Cost is a Saying a popular saying in Igbo language, i almost shed tears.

Okay, Igbos in the house, can somebody me totranslate this if you know the saying:

“Ọ na abụ a ghara nkpa, e mee nkpa”

Very true. I believe the reason why Africa's problem is unique is because there are sooo many different languagues and dialects. Even among the ibos, its not strange to come across different dialects in the same state even to the extent that they can't understand each other.

China for instance have only 2 major languages, cantonese and mandarin. France have only French to contend with and the list goes on. Until Africa can find a common ground first in language, what you envision will only seem more complicated
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 9:51am On May 25, 2015
hahn:

Very true. I believe the reason why Africa's problem is unique is because there are sooo many different languagues and dialects. Even among the ibos, its not strange to come across different dialects in the same state even to the extent that they can't understand each other.

China for instance have only 2 major languages, cantonese and mandarin. France have only French to contend with and the list goes on. Until Africa can find a common ground first in language, what you envision will only seem more complicated

The Solution is not the imposition of the foreign Languages like the English.
I am not advocating a common Lanugage for Africans either.

I am saying the Igbo children be taught in Igbo, while the Efik children should be taught in Efik.
Both of them can then learn the English language.
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by hahn(m): 10:42am On May 25, 2015
noblezone:

The Solution is the imposition of the foreign Languages like the English.
I am not advocating a common Lanugage for Africans either.

I am saying the Igbo children be taught in Igbo, while the Efik children should be taught in Efik.
Both of them can then learn the English language.

Do you mean all the igbo dialects or should igbo be reduced into one?
Re: Education: Shame On Africans! by Nobody: 11:33am On May 25, 2015
hahn:

Do you mean all the igbo dialects or should igbo be reduced into one?

The Igbo I wrote and read in School was different from the I spoke in my home town.
However, it was so easy to adapt. It was not totally strange.

Let me tell you this:
I discovered that I really pay full attention to Ikwerre language, I do understand what them, even though the variation is a bit wide from the Igbo.
It will be much easier to for one who speak an Igbo variate to grab the Igbo Izugbe more than they can grab English.

Just like I know, it would be much easier for a german to pick up English more than he can pick up Igbo.

Besides, what we need is knowledge.
There is nothing wrong if the Ezza people are taught (that is, impart knowledge to them) in their Dialect. While at same time learning English.

If you ask me, the knowledge is more important than the Language.
One can always improve on the language.

(1) (Reply)

2face Is A Hypocrite – Man Who Claims To Be Music Star’s Childhood Friend. / Nigerian Oil Hurt By Tussle Between OPEC And U.s-wall Street Journal / President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.