Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle (26955 Views)

Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun / Wike Flags-Off 2nd Phase Of Mile-1 International Market Construction (photos) / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Obascoetubi: 3:59pm On May 18, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
After Goodluck Jonathan, what next?
Following the defeat of
President Goodluck Jonathan
in the March 28 presidential
election, leader of the militia
group, Niger Delta People
Salvation Front, Asari
Dokubo, has declared that his
group is ready to commence
its armed struggle against the
Nigerian state.
Mr. Dokubo on several
occasion in the recent past
promised to make Nigeria
ungovernable if Mr Jonathan,
an Ijaw from the Niger Delta,
was not-re-elected.
Speaking on Sunday at the
Annual Major Isaac Adaka
Boro’s Memorial Public Event,
the militant said whatever
restraining order the
Jonathan’s administration
had on the armed struggle for
the self determination of the
Niger Delta people has now
been voided with the
emergence of the in-coming
Muhammadu Buhari’s
administration.
He said a new phase in the
struggle will soon be unveiled
,​ but that militants will wait
for the new government to
“draw the first blood.”
“Yes, a new government
begins in Nigeria and a next
phase of our struggle shall
begin also,” he said.
“Jonathan Goodluck
Presidency was like a
restraining order now that
restraint is lifted. However, we
will watch and wait, let them
draw the first blood and we
shall determine our best way
forward. Truly Nigeria will
never be the same again the
future is pregnant.”
He said the posturing of the
incoming Buhari-led
administration suggests that
it will extinguish whatever is
left of the Niger Delta
struggle. He added he is
ready to die in war or in
prison if the in-coming
government attempts to trifle
with the struggle for self-
determination of the oil-
producing region or treat it as
a conquered region.
“Should Buhari whom like
pharaoh has determined in
his heart to turn desolate the
Niger Delta region, draw the
first blood by undermining
certain interest of the region
then begin the systemic
arrest, maiming and murder
our comrades, continue the
confiscation of our rights to
self-determination and treat
the region as a conquered
region, then it may be
honourable for some of us to
die in prison or in the field of
war as nobody is afraid of
him,” Mr. Dokubo said.
Mr. Dokubo took a swipe at
other Niger Delta militants
that have declared their
readiness to work with in-
coming government
describing them as “petty
penny merchants” and “field
slaves” who have fled the
battlefield before the first
good is fired.
He further called on Niger
Delta youth to resist any
attempt to treat the region as
a defeated region.
“Let it be known that we were
not defeated,” Mr. Dokubo
said. “It was Jonathan and
his party that lost an election.
We as a people, indeed the
Niger Delta region alongside
the Igbos were never
defeated. We collectively
rejected the born to rule and
supremacist agenda which
some of our brothers as field
slaves and taskmasters
supported yet their number
shows that they are of little
consequence, we must
however not take them for
granted.”
He also took a swipe at Mr.
Jonathan, saying the
president is merely a
beneficiary of the Niger Delta
struggle but not a part of the
struggle and thus cannot
understand the real intent of
the struggle, which, Mr.
Dokubo said, is to secede
from Nigeria which he
described as “a false and
forced colonial union.”
“He, Jonathan Goodluck, was
never in the struggle,” he
said. “He was not a product
of the struggle but an
establishment beneficiary of
our struggle. Our struggle is
not and never about
becoming the president. It
was not about being awarded
oil licenses and mouth-
watering contracts. It was not
about massive infrastructural
development of the Niger
Delta Region. It was not
about high scale
appointments employment
and empowerment. It was
never about interventionist
programmes and projects.
“Our struggle indeed is about
our collective freedom from a
false and forced colonial
union that has remained
divided and un-integrated. It
is about our being conferred
a slave status and seen as a
conquered people who must
exist at the mercy of the
overloads and supremacist
class using our own brothers
as taskmasters against us in
a Nigerian union.
“Our status in the Nigerian
enterprise remains that of a
conquered people living a
slave and prisoners status.
This is the collective identity
we have as a people. Whether
you are rich, poor, high, low,
big, mighty or small, no
matter how well dressed, well
fed a slave or a prisoner his,
he remains a slave and a
prisoner who constantly lives
at the mercy and dictates of
others with his contributions
and consent of no
consequence. This is why we
must now than ever stand up
like the Scottish to determine
our going forward for our
platforms and reject our
oppressors. This will not
come easy.”
Mr. Dokubo amassed wealth
from the multi-billion naira
pipeline contract awarded to
ex-militants by the Jonathan
administration as part of the
amnesty deal.

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by atlwireles: 3:59pm On May 18, 2015
haul:

Pipe down son,I'm not one of those political head one this forum,only saw this thread on trending, and to my astonishment,I saw your foolery!

Not everyone have time time to exchange words,by the way have a nice time but don't preach war on yourself, it a wrath nobody knows the end.

You are still making noise. Do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2015
Beremx:
akuko!

Kindly bother about the region you belong. Stop the attache by force syndrome.

Nobody send you message.

And you that has been attaching to ndi ofe mmanu, what has happened to you?

Hoe is your friend eggheaders? Heard he was shot and crippled in a robbery attempt. Na true?

3 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by PointB: 4:00pm On May 18, 2015
One to watch.

Approaching the make or mar era..
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Texcoco(m): 4:04pm On May 18, 2015
A very welcome development,at least we get to do away with disunity and regroup.A synchronized pipeline bombing campaign should get the attentions of the powers at be...
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by ideykwum: 4:04pm On May 18, 2015
My brother, I understand where you are coming from! Jonathan did the Niger-Delta a major injustice! He occupied a space reserved for the area, and couldn't get over the feeling of gratitude to the North!! He forgot his base until the last month, after he was trounced at a rigged election, where he he was out-rigged due to his complacency and trust in the same Northerners!

It's heart-breaking, but we must chart a new course! While we wait for Buhari to show his hands, any good poker player would tell you to have a strategy ready, and keep a poker face! Asari is in order!!!

EUROBOMBER:
There is nothing wrong in holding meetings and also nothing wrong in a struggle geared towards the betterment of the people of the Niger Delta. My advise is that we should give Buhari a chance and see what he has to offer, who knows, he might turn out to be a blessing for the region. Jonathan was there for over 5yrs and nothing to show for it even in the Niger Delta! I am still at a shock today that Jonathan could not ensure that Ibaka seaport at Akwa Ibom was given priority and completed before the end of his tenure. One vital thing we need for a massive turnaround in the East would be a functioning seaport capable of berthing large ocean liners so that our people can massively divert their import activities to the East but the stark reality is that Jonathan failed. He also promised to build a second Niger bridge before 2015 and here we are in 2015 and the bridge has not been built.

What if Buhari builds that seaport? What if Buhari eventually builds that second Niger bridge?

I am really angry with Jonathan. angry

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by idu1(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2015
barcanista:
A minimum of 50% resource derivation, political restructuring and Regional Federalism. Otherwise, we demand Referendum!

do u ve transport fare to attend the meeting?

6 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by ideykwum: 4:07pm On May 18, 2015
That was an unkind cut!! I will reach you privately!

Beremx:
If Asari Dokubo is serious about the Niger-Delta struggle,he should first bring back all his investments to the region,failure to do that,he is as usual a greedy monetary protection seeker like his Ijaw brother Barcanista.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by jossyj: 4:08pm On May 18, 2015
CSTR2:
Don't mind that old bittch.

you people allowed those idiots, fools to insult you because you allowed them access to your oil,
made them multibillonies and became their pipeline security guards why wount they insult you.

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Akiika: 4:08pm On May 18, 2015
Before Asari hold meeting for way forward....how about they discuss Jonathan stewardship, look back and take stock of the development under GEJ? how did the region benefit? Are there more schools? more infrastructure? more business investments? less poverty?
They'll find that the only thing he did was enriching militants like Asari, Tompolo, Bayloaf, Oritsajefor (yes, he's a militant, he who deals in arms illegally is also a militant)?
ND folks, don't unnecessarily get overtaken over by sentiment, WHAT DID THE REGION BENEFIT FROM JONATHAN?

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Horlufemi(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2015
Sounds like Jihad
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Beremx(f): 4:10pm On May 18, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

And you that has been attaching to ndi ofe mmanu, what has happened to you?

Hoe is your friend eggheaders? Heard he was shot and crippled in a robbery attempt. Na true?
do you see me attaching myself to them like you do to ndi ijaw? Grow some sense please.

As for Eggy,he is doing great.

4 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by ideykwum: 4:13pm On May 18, 2015
Stop telling bare-faced lies! Haba! When will you guys stop this pattern? How many industries do we have in Nigeria? This country is a consumption based economy, as a quick check at the NBS website would enlighten you! Our balance of payments position show clearly that we are not producing enough domestically, and therefore required more imports than exports!

If the importation of consumables are moved from the Lagos ports (including that of petroleum products) it would shake the Lagos economy! Period!!

oduastates:

Divest all we care, it will not be felt.
Most of the cargo coming to lagos are industrial cargoes and most of it is consumed right in the SW.
I am all for it as long as it reduces the population pressure on odua state.

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by somegirl1: 4:15pm On May 18, 2015
IyaIode:

Tell that to your Asiere (asari) dokubo.

I see niger Delta refugees being rejected by ibos in the SE.

Speak for your region only.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 18, 2015
I don't have. Can you support me?
idu1:
do u ve transport fare to attend the meeting?
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by ideykwum: 4:16pm On May 18, 2015
Very correct! These are the minimum requirements!!! Nothing less!!

barcanista:
A minimum of 50% resource derivation, political restructuring and Regional Federalism. Otherwise, we demand Referendum!

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by jossyj: 4:16pm On May 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
There is nothing wrong in holding meetings and also nothing wrong in a struggle geared towards the betterment of the people of the Niger Delta. My advise is that we should give Buhari a chance and see what he has to offer, who knows, he might turn out to be a blessing for the region. Jonathan was there for over 5yrs and nothing to show for it even in the Niger Delta! I am still at a shock today that Jonathan could not ensure that Ibaka seaport at Akwa Ibom was given priority and completed before the end of his tenure. One vital thing we need for a massive turnaround in the East would be a functioning seaport capable of berthing large ocean liners so that our people can massively divert their import activities to the East but the stark reality is that Jonathan failed. He also promised to build a second Niger bridge before 2015 and here we are in 2015 and the bridge has not been built.

What if Buhari builds that seaport? What if Buhari eventually builds that second Niger bridge?

well spoken ,but remember buhari is still a terrorist, a jihadist and remains a fulani pedofile.

4 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by kenex4ever(m): 4:17pm On May 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

if u think buhari will build sea port for the igbos then u must think again.

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by ideykwum: 4:17pm On May 18, 2015
Now, don't abuse our people! You are free to take your inane positions, but eschew gutter abuse!

Beremx:
They did not demand 50percent derivation when their brother spent almost 6years as president. They want to agitate for it in Buhari's administration.

These Ijaw people sick!
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 18, 2015
ideykwum:

Bro, abeg forget that old woman jare. She doesn't deserve the privilege of response.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by jossyj: 4:18pm On May 18, 2015
kenex4ever:
if u think buhari will build sea port for the igbos then u must think again.

pls wake him up maybe he is still asleep.

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by idu1(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2015
barcanista:
I don't have. Can you support me?
No....

Go get work and stop this your irrational political analysis....

4 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 18, 2015
ideykwum:

Bro, abeg forget that old woman jare. She doesn't deserve the privilege of response.
ideykwum:
Very correct! These are the minimum requirements!!! Nothing less!!
In the past the Nigeria State are used to "giving" us whatever they deemed fit and not what we demand. In fact, our fathers accepted the peanuts even though it fell short of our demands. This time around there will be no peanut compromise. I am glad that Senibo Asari and the entire Niger Deltans are prepared to pursue these demands till the very end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 18, 2015
idu1:
No....

Go get work and stop this your irrational political analysis....
Get lost and stop stalking!

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by obiak4(m): 4:22pm On May 18, 2015
barcanista:

Abey hope you go show for the Seigbein Fishing Festival for amasOma?
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by kenex4ever(m): 4:23pm On May 18, 2015
oduastates:

Divest all we care, it will not be felt.
Most of the cargo coming to lagos are industrial cargoes and most of it is consumed right in the SW.
I am all for it as long as it reduces the population pressure on odua state.
wait na till all d oil companies move their head offices to the niger delta just as d ijaw youths are demanding it as a must, then u will know if it won't b felt.

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

me too.... Am very angry with him but my love for him and PDP even makes it worse
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by kenex4ever(m): 4:24pm On May 18, 2015
jossyj:

pls wake him up maybe he is still asleep.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by idu1(m): 4:24pm On May 18, 2015
barcanista:
Get lost and stop stalking!
truth is bitter....

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by kenex4ever(m): 4:26pm On May 18, 2015
Beremx:
They did not demand 50percent derivation when their brother spent almost 6years as president. They want to agitate for it in Buhari's administration.

These Ijaw people sick!
u r clearly d sick one.
Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by gabicon: 4:28pm On May 18, 2015
Its now clear that even if the south south produces a president it simply doesn't solve the problems on ground I mean GEJ was president for a term n still no reasonable development in the Niger delta for 4 years with all the resources at his disposal, what then is the assurance that resource control will guarantee stability n development? Yet we have succeeded in creating billionaire militants and criminals, the problems lie within the people and not the quantity of resources.

4 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo Convenes A Meeting On The Next Phase Of The Niger Delta Struggle by kenex4ever(m): 4:29pm On May 18, 2015
IyaIode:
I see another gwoza in the Niger Delta.

I see many IDPs in the lagoon.
if those are the only things u see, then u r totally blind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Meets With Nigerians In South Africa / Nigerians Call Femi Adesina ' A Liar' As Buhari Goes To London Hospital / Fashola: Nigerians Disappointed As They're Looking For Results In Wrong Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.