Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Benefits Of Crying - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Crying (389 Views)

Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic / The Woman Carrying Oxygen To Survive And The Crying Little Boy In New Photos / Crying Is Good For Your Health.see The Benefits Of Crying. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Crying by Livintainment: 3:38pm On May 18, 2015
How long has it been since you’ve had a good cry? Some people see watery eyes as a sign of weakness, but confronting your emotions (especially the not-so-pretty ones) requires strength in the form of vulnerability. Grab a tissue if you need to and read on to discover 10 surprising benefits of crying.
Being vulnerable helps you connect with others.
“No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.” – Robert Frost
I know you might be afraid to reveal how you really feel to a friend or partner (especially if you just so happen to be so upset you want to cry). But being vulnerable is the best way to grow closer to another person. If everything isn’t okay, don’t say it is. If you want to cry (and feel comfortable enough with this person to do so), just let it go. Sure, some people might not like it, but the ones who matter will appreciate how upfront you are.
Confronting your feelings helps you move forward in life.
“Men must live and create. Live to the point of tears.” – Albert Camus
It’s awfully tempting to play it safe in life, but if you don’t take the occasional risk, you can’t expect much excitement or personal growth. It isn’t easy to put yourself into a new situation with feelings and emotions attached (for example: starting a new relationship after being emotionally damaged in your last one), but just because it isn’t easy doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. If you have harsh feelings left over from love lost, confront them without fear. Don’t try to run and hide from how you feel. Be still and soak in it. The sooner you confront your past, the sooner you can move forward into a better future.
Expressing your emotions helps you be creative.
“I cry very easily. It can be a movie, a phone conversation, a sunset–tears are words waiting to be written.” – Paulo Coelho
Are you an artist or writer? If so, maybe you’ve noticed that your greatest life struggles have a way of ending up in your art. My most well-received blogs and articles are without fail the most personal ones. I think this is because opening up humanizes a writer in the eyes of their readers. But it’s quite difficult to find the courage to express yourself without filter if you can’t even bring yourself to face your feelings.
No matter what you’re going through, be strong and deal with it.
Have a good cry if you need to.
Looking for further release?
Ask yourself, “How can I express what I just went through in a way that will help or inspire others?”
Spoiler Alert: I bet you’ll discover a whole lot of folks know exactly how you feel (and will be so happy you were thoughtful enough to help them).
Releasing your tears helps you flush out toxins.
“Crying is cleansing. There’s a reason for tears, happiness or sadness.” – Dionne Warwick
A study performed by Dr. William H. Frey II at the St Paul-Ramsey Medical Centre found that stress-related tears and tears caused by physical irritants (think chopping an onion) are not one and the same. Tears that are provoked by stress help your body rid itself of nasty chemicals that raise cortisol (the stress hormone). In other words: you’ll feel a whole lot better after the emotional down-pour passes.

PLEASE VISIT THE LINK BELOW
www.habitclinic..com

(1) (Reply)

Cure Fibroid Yourself Naturally / Today Is World's First International Albinisim Awareness Day / Lose Excess Weight In Just 9 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.