Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho (2502 Views)

~real Madrid Win La Liga After 4 Years~ / Real Madrid Will Pay Sunday’s Opponents Malaga €1m If They Win La Liga / Neymar: Barcelona Can Pull Another Magical Comeback Against Juventus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 18, 2015
The Chelsea manager says the top two teams in Spain only play four or five matches per season and is not sure they would win the Premier League.

Jose Mourinho has insisted that Real Madrid and Barcelona can stroll to the Spanish league title by only trying in "four or five matches".
The Chelsea manager won one Liga title and a Copa del Rey in his three years in charge of Madrid, during which time he took the side to the Champions League semi-finals three times in a row.
Mourinho, though, insists it is too easy to win La Liga for the top two teams in Spain, adding that they might not be able to dominate the English Premier League in the way they do their own top flight.
"I was in Spain, but I didn’t enjoy it,” he told
talkSPORT.
“I won a title with a record in Spain with 100 points and 121 goals, but we only played three or four matches all season.
“I lost a title with 92 points, but again we played only four or five matches in the season.
“You feel the pressure that you have to win every match because if you don’t you will not be champions. But it is a big, big gap between the giants and the others.
“In matches in other countries you can win matches when you are resting. In Spain and in Italy, I won lots of matches resting. Games in which you can think about the European game coming up and where you can rest players.
“This season I rested a few players against Bradford and I lost against Bradford. And that is English football. You are winning 2-0 and if you concede a goal you know you are going to have hell for the last few minutes.
“This is the reality of the Premier League. It’s not just about the number of matches, it’s the intensity. And it’s not just physical intensity, you feel the intensity mentally.
“The difference between the Premier League and La Liga is huge. Would Barcelona or Real Madrid win the Premier League? Maybe yes. Maybe not."

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:47pm On May 18, 2015
Wat is Mourinho saying? If Barca or Madrid come to EPL, its going to be another 2 horse race

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by dulux07(m): 10:55pm On May 18, 2015
He knows what he is saying better than anyone of us, he is speaking rm xperience. Truetalk

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:16pm On May 18, 2015
dulux07:
He knows what he is saying better than anyone of us, he is speaking rm xperience. Truetalk
quiet der.
The guy failed in La Liga, given the most expensive squad in the world with nothing much to show for it.
Barca and Madrid are not the best in the world for nothing, they show their power in the league and in europe.
If they come to EPL, they'd turn it to a 2 horse league again.

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by dulux07(m): 11:23pm On May 18, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

quiet der.
The guy failed in La Liga, given the most expensive squad in the world with nothing much to show for it.
Barca and Madrid are not the best in the world for nothing, they show their power in the league and in europe.
If they come to EPL, they'd turn it to a 2 horse league again.
Sorry sir, mr know it all. Mtcheeew. Ve u coached b4. Take it or liv it, mourinho is among d best 3coaches in d world

5 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:26pm On May 18, 2015
dulux07:
Sorry sir, mr know it all. Mtcheeew. Ve u coached b4
nope but even Stevie Wonder can see mourinho is talking crap.
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by dulux07(m): 11:32pm On May 18, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

nope but even Stevie Wonder can see mourinho is talking crap.

All mourinho is tryin to say is premiership is more competitive and breath takin than la liga, even in nigeria er, we prefer watching premiership games. He never said barca or madrid wont suceed in premiership,but that they will ve to work harder than they do in laliga to dominate d premier league.

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:41pm On May 18, 2015
dulux07:

All mourinho is tryin to say is premiership is more competitive and breath takin than la liga, even in nigeria er, we prefer watching premiership games. He never said barca or madrid wont suceed in premiership,but that they will ve to work harder than they do in laliga to dominate d premier league.
how is that possible?
Is it not the same teams barca and madrid are beating like 3-4 to nothing that are dominating the europa league in the presence of ur liverpool, totenham and everton?
La Liga teams have disgraced epl teams in UCL for the past 6 years now so what are arguing?
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 11:56pm On May 18, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:
Wat is Mourinho saying?
If Barca or Madrid come to EPL, its going to be another 2 horse race

This goes to show how naive you are in matters of football.

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 12:16am On May 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma,

My opinion...

By EPL I believe you mean the English Premier League.

The EPL consists of 20teams that play each other twice (home and away), points are calculated and the winner is crowned. Each team plays a total of 38games.

The EPL isn't Manchester United or Chelsea or Arsenal or Manchester City etc rather, they are made up of 20teams that is:

Manchester United plus 19 other teams, Chelsea plus 19 other teams, Arsenal plus 19 other teams, Manchester City plus 19 other teams, etc.

What point am I driving at? one can't know the strength of any league by mere looking at Ballon D Or representation, champions league/europa league showings, pichichi winners etc., it's a bit naïve.

A proper analysis on any league is done in that same league. The competitive nature can be deduced from the following points:

1. The point total of the eventual league winner:
Very high point total suggests a very weak league.

2. The point total of the lowest ranked team: too low, too weak.

3. When the difference in points between the league winners and the lowest ranked team after a league season is so large, the league is lopsided.

4. When the forwards score astronomical number of goals in a league year in year out it is pointing more on the league's weakness than the forwards superlative abilities.

5. When there are many big margin victories in a season it suggests more on weakness of that league than the strength of the team that scored such victories.

6. A league with few upsets recorded in the course of league season suggests that the league is weak and highly predictable.

7. A league were a particular club or a small group of clubs sweep in all the trophies every season as well as enjoying the greater part of TV rights revenue, such a league is indeed very lopsided hence terribly weak.

...And so on

Op,

Now tell me, where does the EPL fall short and also why wont you consider the English league to be the best league in Europe?

I do consider it.

This was my submission dated 12:09pm April 20 on the thread below created on March 12.

https://www.nairaland.com/2192130/epl-overrated#32920902

I ask you, was I on the wires with Mourinho discussing this points of mine especially on the emboldened sentences before he made comments akin to them? Reread the Op.

Check other points I didn't embolden also.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Segadem(m): 12:23am On May 19, 2015
dulux07:

they will not succeed in premiership bcus Spanish FA made their league to favour only Real Madrid and barca.
How can two teams will be having over 30% cash revenues and the remaining 18 teams will be left with less than 70%,and u want the rest of the teams to rub shoulder with them in big signings?
Now they want to correct the anomalies but it's TOO late.

4 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 12:36am On May 19, 2015
Segadem:
they will not succeed in premiership bcus Spanish FA made their league to favour only Real Madrid and barca.
How can two teams will be having over 30% cash revenues and the remaining 18 teams will be left with less than 70%,and u want the rest of the teams to rub shoulder with them in big signings?
Now they want to correct the anomalies but it's TOO late.

One of the points I raised.

Beautiful..

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:42am On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
ClintonNzedimma,
This was my submission dated 12:09pm April 20 on the thread below created on March 12.
https://www.nairaland.com/2192130/epl-overrated#32920902
I ask you, was I on the wires with Mourinho discussing this points of mine especially on the emboldened sentences before he made comments akin to them? Reread the Op.
Check other points I didn't embolden also.
Mr man, i rate barca nd madrid above epl clubs because of their european performances
So whats ur point?
If Liverpool and Everton have the money to make quality signings as u epl fans claim, why arent they winning the europa league or you want to tell me that the european competition only favours spanish teams?
Please stop being myopic, be a football fan b4 being an epl fan.
This is the problem with epl fans, they dont know anything outside the league

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Nobody: 7:09am On May 19, 2015
Mourinho is talking poo...why are only the money making clubs winning the premiership?.. angry..why cant everton or westham win the league...mourinho can talk trash...madrid and barca have and will always be the best teams in europe...check out the uefa cup and see how all the EPL teams play rubbish and are eventually kicked out of the competition...but take a sit back and look at the likes of villareal,athletico bilbao,sevilla etc and there prowess in the uefa cup....nonsense EPL hype...even mancity with all there money could nt even play a thing against barca...EPL competition ends in that damn league...the LALIGA transcends spain...

Mourinho shut up...

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Nobody: 7:11am On May 19, 2015
Infact EPL teams dont know how to play ball...mumu over hyped league... angry

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:24am On May 19, 2015
IzonOwei:
Mourinho is talking poo...why are only the money making clubs winning the premiership?.. angry..why cant everton or westham win the league...mourinho can talk trash...madrid and barca have and will always be the best teams in europe...check out the uefa cup and see how all the EPL teams play rubbish and are eventually kicked out of the competition...but take a sit back and look at the likes of villareal,athletico bilbao,sevilla etc and there prowess in the uefa cup....nonsense EPL hype...even mancity with all there money could nt even play a thing against barca...EPL competition ends in that damn league...the LALIGA transcends spain...

Mourinho shut up...
My brother, i tire oh
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 7:28am On May 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Mr man, i rate barca nd madrid above epl clubs because of their european performances
So whats ur point?
If Liverpool and Everton have the money to make quality signings as u epl fans claim, why arent they winning the europa league or you want to tell me that the european competition only favours spanish teams?
Please stop being myopic, be a football fan b4 being an epl fan.
This is the problem with epl fans, they dont know anything outside the league

I'm just shocked at your response and how you termed me Epl fan and how you couldn't take my points and Mourinho's one after another in bid to debunking them.

Clinton, I am very vast in football matters. I am football fan extraordinaire and it isn't boastful when I say that because I have seen it for over 25years..

Don't you know that in England there are one extra cup competition played and there are no winter breaks? Have you not thought it could be a factor against England and English club not performing well enough in the World and European competition they enter?

Clinton, indigenous league is different for Champ league and Europa league because points for argument on its competitiveness is drawn separately.

Pick my points above and Mourinho's and take them one by one and you will know why over 25years experience can never be called myopic even in fits of anger and rage.

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:30am On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

I'm just shocked at your response and how you termed me Epl fan and how you couldn't take my points and Mourinho's one after another in bid to demunk them.

Clinton, I am very vast in football matters. I am football fan extraordinaire and it isn't boastful when I say that because I have seen it for over 25years..

Don't you know that in England there are one extra cup competition played and there are no winter breaks? Have you not thought it cool be a factor against England and English club not performing well enough in the World and European competition they enter?

Clinton, indigenous league is different for Champ league and Europa league because points for argument on its competitiveness is drawn separately.

Pick my points above and Mourinho's and take them one by one and you will know why over 25years experience can never be called myopic even in fits of anger and rage.
Oh am sorry Jim Beglin,
Cant believe that with your years of football punditry, you dont still see the obvious?
What other word should i use apart from Myopic?
La Liga > EPL
I quote Fabregas "La liga has more quality than EPL"
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Oh am sorry Jim Beglin,
Cant believe that with your years of football punditry, you dont still see the obvious?

Don't be sarcastic calling me Jim Berglin, Peter Brackley, Jon Champion or any other name for that matter, it is pointless.

Clinton, pick my points and Mourinho's and debunk them one after another.
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Baddestguyp(m): 7:38am On May 19, 2015
would Barça lose 3-0 to West Ham? no.
mourinho failed in Spain that's why he's saying all these
I would agree if he had spoken about the German league.
the Spanish league has better teams. simple

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Baddestguyp(m): 7:38am On May 19, 2015
would Barça lose 3-0 to West Ham? no.
mourinho failed in Spain that's why he's saying all these
I would agree if he had spoken about the German league.
the Spanish league has better teams. simple

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Oh am sorry Jim Beglin,
La Liga > EPL
I quote Fabregas "La liga has more quality than EPL"

You see your undoing? Did I say otherwise?

Competitiveness and quality are they one and the same?
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
You see your undoing? Did I say otherwise? Competitiveness and quality are they one and the same?
So Nigerian premier league is better than epl because its competitive?
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 7:59am On May 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

So Nigerian premier league is better than epl because its competitive?

Compare continent for continent, Like for like.

What is wrong with your thinking?

Have you ever compared Messi to Excellent Walaza of South Africa or Ter Stergen (goalie) to Blaise Matuidi (midfielder)?

Debunk my points fellow.
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

Compare continent for continent, Like for like.

What is wrong with your thinking?

Have you ever compared Messi to Excellent Walaza of South Africa or Ter Stergen (goalie) to Blaise Matuidi (midfielder)?

Debunk my points fellow.
i still rate la liga higher than epl, at least barca didnt lead madrid with 13 points
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by henrychubayo: 8:38am On May 19, 2015
Morinho is right. Who said he failed. He didn't. He won some titles in Spain. If u said Jose failed, then you say Ancelothi passed. I don't get how u rate this things.

Coming to what he said, Epl can not be compared with La liga in terms of competiveness. Apart from the big 5 clubs in Epl, there are other clubs doing well like Everton, Spurs, Swansea etc and that is why we know from start of season, no one can predict the champions.

That Revenue sharing formula in La liga its a big problem and has given the two teams comparative advantage over others and even the officials has seen its not the way to go by and that is why the want to recede it but its very late.

We can not speak more of where the shoe pains more than the person wearing the shoe. Jose is speaking with experience and we will be fools to dispute him if we are just watching it in Tv more than the person who has both been in the la liga and Epl.
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by jnrbayano(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

i still rate la liga higher than epl, at least barca didnt lead madrid with 13 points

I didn't meet an analyst today I met a stance defender. It is no use.

Hold fast to your tenets.

Cheers.
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2015
henrychubayo:
Morinho is right. Who said he failed. He didn't. He won some titles in Spain. If u said Jose failed, then you say Ancelothi passed. I don't get how u rate this things.

Coming to what he said, Epl can not be compared with La liga in terms of competiveness. Apart from the big 5 clubs in Epl, there are other clubs doing well like Everton, Spurs, Swansea etc and that is why we know from start of season, no one can predict the champions.

That Revenue sharing formula in La liga its a big problem and has given the two teams comparative advantage over others and even the officials has seen its not the way to go by and that is why the want to recede it but its very late.

We can not speak more of where the shoe pains more than the person wearing the shoe. Jose is speaking with experience and we will be fools to dispute him if we are just watching it in Tv more than the person who has both been in the la liga and Epl.
doing well?.
Let these teams play valencia, villareal, sevilla, bilbao then we will know
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by zeeek(m): 9:37am On May 19, 2015
Let's place Barca n madrid in Epl n see Epl bcom a 2 race horse,place Chlsea,Man.u n Man.city in la liga n see em struggle.truth is Barca n madrid r jst too gud.hardly will a player 4rm laliga underperform in Epl,Kun,sylva,yaya,sanchez etc,buh cn't say d same 4 Epl players moving 2 laliga,Bale. Epl is gud buh over hyped.Laliga is beta.
D top 4 teams in Epl will find it extremely difficult 2 compete wt d 3rd,4th,5th n 6th clubs inLaliga
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Segadem(m): 9:46am On May 19, 2015
henrychubayo:

Thank u my bro.that's what I've been saying, it's only in laliga u will see a team with over 90 points and yet not winning the league, and see the the relegated teams with 20 points where is the competitiveness?
Chelsea is with 84 points now they are champion while real Madrid with 89 points being a looser ,show me a league in this world with 89 points and yet not a winner,it can only happen in laliga.
Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by boss1310(m): 10:04am On May 19, 2015
yet with your tough premier league team you couldn't beat athletico madrid,spanish teams dont make champions league and uefa finals for nothing.premier just have the edge due to marketing and better pay not in football

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid And Barcelona Can Win La Liga Without Trying - Mourinho by Xzbit91: 10:14am On May 19, 2015
barcelona and rmadrid will walk into any league and make it a two horse league, the quality of players is just overwhelming. What will you expect from a team assembled with a billion dollars and the other players who have played alongside each other for over six or seven years and who are capable of atleast one big signing every season?
Mourinho failed in madrid, the major reason he was bought was to break the barcelona's hegemony in the laliga and land madrid the elusive ladecima and he failed on both fronts considering the billion dollar stars he had. If the laliga was so easy, why did he have only one laliga in his three year stint with the club?any coach can win the laliga with madrid and the calibre of players he had heck even Juande Ramos won Laliga with lesser parade of stars
Mou is a hypocrite, i cant count how many times a team will be hot on madrids ass and a poor refereeing decision will hand them a win or draw. When decisions dont go his way, he whines like a horse.
The little difference in points between teams in the epl is not a mark of quality, on the contrary, it is a mark of poor quality. Anyone with pace or power that has a remarkable shot is considered a star in epl, just run and shoot, no technical or tactical know how, thats why they get schooled in european competitions. Dont get me wrong, the epl has quality players too bt what attracts viewers to their league is their high intensity and high approach to the game, makes for good viewing and entertainment.
If scoring large number of goals in a league makes it a weak league then it is safe to say the ucl is a weak competition because, Ronaldo and Messi have been dominating the scoring charts since 2008, and Raul before them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Simulated Reality League / Napoli Fans Surround Victor Osimhen And Shout His Name After Winning The Scudett / Chelsea Won The League, But Some Of Their Players Will Not Receive Winners Medal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.