Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,133 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili (33234 Views)

Nigerian Army Writes PREMIUM TIMES, Talks Tough, Threatens Legal Action / Identify Your Senator- Ben Murray-Bruce To Ezekwesili / Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by kelechiodo(m): 3:52am On May 19, 2015
Defence spokesman, Gen. Chris Olukolade has written a very touching personal letter to Obiageli Ezekwesili, front-liner of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.

See letter below:

''Indeed, there is still room for more merciful and robust engagement or interface between you and the government and security agencies in the drive to secure the return of our girls. Enough of undue hate campaign and antagonism.

''I have followed your activities with due interest. I personally have nothing against your organisation or its advocacy concerning efforts to recover our girls from captivity of terrorists. I believe that someday, both your efforts and that of the Nigerian military will be duly understood and appreciated.

''It is unfortunate that some have sought to equate our efforts to give accounts of activities on the nation’s war on terror as propaganda or cover-up. This is not true. We know the difference. The fact is that the battle situation around could be very fluid and susceptible to rapid changes. The situations around the battle could also change accordingly in an inexplicable manner.

''This trend is also compounded by various perspectives that have been employed to seriously polarise the understanding of the situation along the line of all kinds of sentiments and biases prevailing in the environment. We cannot engage in a shouting match with those who have other motives. We can only try to explain situation to the best of our understanding and available information.

''The report we present on situations are based on the available information and observance of the elements of propriety, security, policy and accuracy, which has remained our guiding principles. It is really not true as you have been made to assert repeatedly that the Defence Headquarters and myself are the only sources of information on the operation.

''The sweeping judgement and insistence that we must do things in a particular way or your claim that we do not follow best practices as well as your remarks comparing our approach to that of other armies is very unfair.Indeed, you must know that no two military operations are the same, and the conduct must endeavour to reflect the realities and peculiarities being confronted in the field.

''Your allegations or claim that we lack transparency is definitely not well informed neither is it being expressed in good faith.

''Be assured that nobody has been restrained from accessing the mission area in the ongoing operation except when there is clear case of undue interference with safety and operational environment. Infact, occasionally, we conduct the media on tour of the operational area.

''Our concern remains the issue of safety for anyone in search of information. Much as we want to assist genuine seekers of information, we do not feel obliged to devote scarce resources to satisfying the fancy of pleasure seeking adventurers or the curious and mindless critics who just want to roam around with questionable motives.

''We should not be blackmailed into compromising the security of information and operations in the name of undefined idea of transparency. We have strived to keep the populace informed in the best way possible in the circumstances we find ourselves.

''No one has been through this same path before. We keep improving and seeking how to cope with the enormous challenges. You may recall that although it was in the line of duty, I was the first and perhaps the only military officer who against all odds have addressed your leadership and the group as a whole when you marched to the Defence Headquarters at the early stages of your campaign.

''I believe we had cordial interactions all through at that period. It is noteworthy that this gentleman, my sworn antagonist, was not present at that interactive meeting. We really have no reason to engage in deception as your forum is always quick to allege – apparently with a view to discrediting us and our efforts.

''Your assertion, claiming that we have credibility problem is only in the imagination of those pursuing the hate campaign against us. It is definitely not in the view of the generality of the populace who still trust, depend on and utilise the outcome of all our efforts to inform the public on the counter terrorism campaign.

''The ceaseless criticism we continue to get from you has been so uncharitable and could ordinarily be discouraging. We however derive a lot of inspiration from the appreciation and commendation we keep getting from other well meaning individuals and organizations who continue to urge us on.

''The patriot and God fearing person in us will not yield to blackmail and malicious criticism of those using the platform of your otherwise noble organisation, to run us down and plan on how to disgrace us in the pursuit of an agenda to humiliate and ridicule the Nigerian Armed Forces.

''Being in the forefront of the efforts to disseminate information is a job I do with passion and sense of responsibility. I do not deserve the hatred and mindless antagonism your organization has continued to unleash on me.

''I certainly have a life out of here and it is unfair to work purely for the purpose of destroying my reputation and years of committed and unblemished record of service to my country. Despite the regular focus and disdainful reference to all communication from me as prompted by those who are so determined to ruin other people’s name and career, I have maintained the restraint required of me both by training and upbringing.

''The belief is that your organisation has the determination to ruin the name, career, and reputation of some targeted military officers among whom I have been specifically marked for such cruel treatment. I can only leave such matter to God and the good judgement of people who read or hear you. I am so sure I will enjoy the blessing of being vindicated at last.

''Meanwhile, I wish your team will consider my point here and spare me and the Nigerian military the undue attacks we have continued to be subjected to in the name of monitoring or calling for accountability. We call for fairness as against the present campaign that is fraught with calumny and promotion of one man’s malice against us and anything government.

''This is more likely, considering the determination and unhidden hatred of those who have been acting with a view to drawing me out for a street fight. I can assure you that I will not react or join issues under whatever provocation. I will be leaving all such sworn enemies to their conscience and God if they believe in Him at all.

''To you as an organisation, please save your platform from being used to perpetrate this injustice as inspired by the prominent and phony member of your #BringBackOurGirls campaign.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/bringbackourgirls-nigerian-army-writes-touching-letter-to-ezekwesili.111924/

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by kelechiodo(m): 3:54am On May 19, 2015
Source: http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/bringbackourgirls-nigerian-army-writes-touching-letter-to-ezekwesili.111924/
Front page please for all advocates of bringbackourgirls and all enemies and friends of Nigeria army to read

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by wwwbabe(f): 4:03am On May 19, 2015
Why are u explaining to her.
its obvious she will not stop.
disgruntled element.
if u give het appointment now, the song will change.

pls keep doing d good work.
our prayers are with u

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 4:14am On May 19, 2015
sometimes I used to think oby is going overboard and her bbog campaign is blown outta proportion. Even though the C-in-C is a monumental failure, that doesn't mean some of us(anti-pdp, anti-gej/transformation) will support madam due-process's gross zealousness in undermining the Nigeria Armed Forces.

Cool down oby, allow the military to their job. Stay bless madam

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Jorussia(m): 4:20am On May 19, 2015
I just feel for Gen olukolade,even though he was not apolitical as expected of him as a military man before and during d just concluded presidential polls. I thank God that Gen Olukolade said he has a life after military career,which is a big lesson to all security chiefs not b behaving like mini god,when they are still in office, because they still have a life after service.I was very disappointed at GEN Olukolade when he said that OBJ was a disgrace to d Nigeria military. I want to advise Oby Ezekwesili not to use the bring back our girls campaign to tarnish both d images and integrity of the Nigeria Army and Chris Olukolade.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Welrez(m): 4:37am On May 19, 2015
I want Oby to continue with the campaign during Buhari's tenure to save her chequered reputation.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by coolzeal(m): 4:42am On May 19, 2015
Well, she won't escalate the story if the reputation and credibility of some military personnel has been jeopardize to please the Boko boys. You guys have seen that already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Pangea: 4:57am On May 19, 2015
Let's all be realistic
Those girls are either dead or sold outside the country as slaves (Shekau boasted on video, he was going to sell them off)
If they are still in nigeria, some of them would have been found by now.
Especially in sambisa
Let Obi go and get another job and stop disturbing everybody.
Our main concern now is to crush the boko haram so that this kind of thing will never happen again.
After that, investigators can start tracing what happened to those girls.
The Army are not magician and they can't raise the dead.
So enough of these useless criticism.
And let every one get on with the program of rebuilding this country.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by cerzo(m): 5:01am On May 19, 2015
i support d army..madam due process is still asleep nd yet to read dis nice piece..how i wish d army can make her stay uncomfortable in dis country..give d loud mouthed woman d map to borno nd sambisa forest.nd watch d smallest landmine tear dat her mouth into pieces

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by biafransoul: 5:30am On May 19, 2015
Using the so called Bring Back Our Girls Campaign to attack Gej and the Nigerian army just for political gains is one of the lows the Apc and madam Oby. Do they really care about the so called missing girls? No. ( this can be attested to by their reaction when some real girls and women were rescued by the Nigerian Army) It all about propaganda and the lust for power. Now that power is about to be transferred to them, let see how they change gear. Madam Oby to me anyway remains a disgrace and a hypocrite and as always, time will prove me right.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by M4gunners: 5:32am On May 19, 2015
NA we are sorry for the pain this woman may have caused you. The truth is that She's just a noise maker.Imagine her saying she is not a politician.That gose a long way to tell you the kind of person she is.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by brixton: 5:35am On May 19, 2015
I will comment when I wake up
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by zaynie(f): 5:45am On May 19, 2015
Madam Oby, keep making them uncomfortable till they bring back our girls.
Be on their neck, be their conscience, be their reminder incase they want to forget.

Almost 300 girls abducted since when?
NA is trying no doubt but sometimes we need people like Madam to make them do a better job.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by babyfaceafrica: 6:32am On May 19, 2015
In as much as oby's case get as he be...chris olukolade is a disgrace to the Nigeria army,from his lie about buharis certificate, to the lies about capturing a shekau and his unnneccessary rambling to anyone who ties to give a useful advice to the NA, cris is a political army..that said Nigerian army remains one of the best in Africa and I give kudos to our valinat warriors and to those who died in the line of duty...RIP

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by lato2(m): 7:04am On May 19, 2015
A General writing a civilian, NA is finished

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by buoye1(m): 7:05am On May 19, 2015
How u take get d letter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by PedroJP(m): 7:14am On May 19, 2015
No need for this, she is done with her work already and also awarded as one of the most influencial pple on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by eazysally: 7:25am On May 19, 2015
Jorussia:
I just feel for Gen olukolade,even though he was not apolitical as expected of him as a military man before and during d just concluded presidential polls. I thank God that Gen Olukolade said he has a life after military career,which is a big lesson to all security chiefs not b behaving like mini god,when they are still in office, because they still have a life after service.I was very disappointed at GEN Olukolade when he said that OBJ was a disgrace to d Nigeria military. I want to advise Oby Ezekwesili not to use the bring back our girls campaign to tarnish both d images and integrity of the Nigeria Army and Chris Olukolade.

God bless u my brother. I like your level of maturity and input on NL.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by omonnakoda: 7:25am On May 19, 2015
So Nigerian Army can play victim? What happened to the BRT bus?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Nobody: 7:26am On May 19, 2015
There is no need explaining to a woman seeking for political office through the media war against the army.

APc used BBOG to achieve their aims but should be prepared for their own karma when its served

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by eazysally: 7:31am On May 19, 2015
zaynie:
Madam Oby, keep making them uncomfortable till they bring back our girls.
Be on their neck, be their conscience, be their reminder incase they want to forget.

Almost 300 girls abducted since when?
NA is trying no doubt but sometimes we need people like Madam to make them do a better job.
Yes!! I like the way she keeps them on their toes sincerelly if not for her I bet you these guys would have swept this issues of chibok girls under the carpet, besides the army initially denied the abduction for almost a week even GEJ denied the abduction too but people like madam oby through her BBOG forced them to accept the reality. To me she deserves commendation.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by eazysally: 7:34am On May 19, 2015
biafransoul:
Using the so called Bring Back Our Girls Campaign to attack Gej and the Nigerian army just for political gains is one of the lows the Apc and madam Oby. Do they really care about the so called missing girls? No. ( this can be attested to by their reaction when some real girls and women were rescued by the Nigerian Army) It all about propaganda and the lust for power. Now that power is about to be transferred to them, let see how they change gear. Madam Oby to me anyway remains a disgrace and a hypocrite and as always, time will prove me right.

Some people just get brain but to put it to use MMMMBA!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by eazysally: 7:38am On May 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
There is no need explaining to a woman seeking for political office through the media war against the army.

APc used BBOG to achieve their aims but should be prepared for their own karma when its served

Is very unfortunate to hear a female speaking like this, I wish you have a relation, just a relation among these chibok girls that is when you will know what it feels but for now just shut da fvkkvp

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by laidian(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2015
brixton:
I will comment when I wake up
I will wake up when i comment...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:40am On May 19, 2015
the lady must remain controversial to stay relevant; she probably has nothing to say
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by sammyj: 8:01am On May 19, 2015
All of the so called Nigeria Army political general should be fired immediately GMB takes mantle of power. Shikena! !!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by willexyaho(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2015
Na Godwin
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Trailblazer1(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by Dahveydson(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2015
It's well.
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by uwa1(m): 8:06am On May 19, 2015
Will be right back
Re: Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili by okooloyun1(m): 8:06am On May 19, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Dancing At Ekiti Udiroko Festival (Pics) / Obaseki Nominates Shaibu As Running Mate / Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.