Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) (39769 Views)

Victor Anichebe Encounters A Python While Jogging In His Hometown, Anambra (Pic) / Man Slumps, Dies During Early Morning Jogging Exercise In Lagos (photo) / Cameroonian Drinks To Celebrate Leicester, Slumps After The Excessive Drinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by alienvirus: 12:05pm On May 19, 2015
OP, what did you do to save his life. You took pics. Right?
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by KingsleyCEO: 12:07pm On May 19, 2015
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 19, 2015
I cover him with the blood of Jesus...
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 19, 2015
virginchaser:
Jogging can be dangerous at times. Two weeks ago before going to church, i decided to do my routine. I noticed my breathing was ceasing while jogging i have to stop and managed to walk home. Through out the day i was unable to have deep breath, my wife advised me after praying about it in church to do push up which eventually helped me.

Get your blood pressure checked too...and also, try walking instead.(And pushups are very very useful too).

In getting fit...slow and steady wins the race.

(Don't envy all those marathon runners who can run 42 km in under 3 hours. They have been running since childhood.).

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by kokomilala(m): 12:11pm On May 19, 2015
Probable cause: cardiac arrest or he was unwell.I've always told people the safest form of exercise is walking.It's easy on the joints or connective tissues, and doesn't over labour the heart.10 minutes of walk everyday is enough to clear the arteries of clogs of cholesterol and other congealed fats, occasioned by ijekuje.
May God comfort his family!

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by mightycrown1(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2015
GOD HAVE MERCY
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by chigoizie7(m): 12:15pm On May 19, 2015
It is quite a pity to say dis, it might not concern this scenerio in anyway.

I think the nigerian police has bastardised this country enough.

Nigerian citizens have refused to render help to people in cases like this.

I ve seen a case were a gal was knocked down by a hit and run.a good samarithan okada man helped take the gal to the hospital only for her to die on getting their,the man was arrested and spent soo much money to get himsef free, same thing aplies to soo many other cases, we re always scared of the unknown, most times, people will just ignore people @ d point of need for fear.

That man might have still been a bit alive but the fear of being indicted for what they didn't know, thus,leaving the man to die.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by njuwo(m): 12:22pm On May 19, 2015
brandymcmb:
On my way to work this morning I saw the man pictured lying down below allegedly slumped while jogging in the early hours of this morning at stepping stone junction satellite town. 

He is between the ages of 55 and 60.

His son was going to school and saw him there too.

The most painful thing is people have been seeing him lying down there since early this morning and when I asked them they said they thought he was resting after jogging.

It's very unfortunate people have just stood there watching him for hours without doing anything.
You sef you still stand join people dey watch come even dey take picture. Why you no organise the people make them join you help the man go hospital for check up and balance back to him feet?
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by vickrino(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2015
naija na wa o
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by micktoxin(m): 12:40pm On May 19, 2015
brandymcmb:
On my way to work this morning I saw the man pictured lying down below allegedly slumped while jogging in the early hours of this morning at stepping stone junction satellite town. 

He is between the ages of 55 and 60.

His son was going to school and saw him there too.

The most painful thing is people have been seeing him lying down there since early this morning and when I asked them they said they thought he was resting after jogging.

It's very unfortunate people have just stood there watching him for hours without doing anything.
Ignorance is a disease. Why are people just standing there instead of giving him a cpr. At least lay him in a recovery position.
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by inkreezz(m): 12:42pm On May 19, 2015
he is trekkin 4 buhari
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by JUNIT1(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2015
OP instead of taking pictures, why didnt you do something to help the man

Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by bisi16(m): 12:55pm On May 19, 2015
Why didn't u go there to help him 1st then take pics later?
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by delishpot: 12:59pm On May 19, 2015
Ok OP, so what did you do when you saw him?
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Awoofawo(m): 1:12pm On May 19, 2015
glory2glory:
It's so so sad that this man may just die for no reason.
Nigerians don't know how to respond in such emergency situations?
That man may be still be alive and needs help. People are just watching like he fell down from the sky. Is there no one that can go close to check if he still breathing,try a CPR to rescuscitate, carry him to hospital or call the police? Instead, someone took photos and uploaded on naira land.

Na 9ja we dey bro! Seems you never jam police wahala b4. We are naturally kind people but no one wan visit police cell ontop akoba adaba olorun....with 9ja olopa

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by AreaFada2: 1:12pm On May 19, 2015
kokomilala:
Probable cause: cardiac arrest or he was unwell.I've always told people the safest form of exercise is walking.It's easy on the joints or connective tissues, and doesn't over labour the heart.10 minutes of walk everyday is enough to clear the arteries of clogs of cholesterol and other congealed fats, occasioned by ijekuje.
May God comfort his family!

There's actually nothing wrong with jogging, it's a more intense exercise that is great for cardiovascular system.

People do drop dead just walking around the house. We lost a relative 6 months ago. He slumped just walking at a normal pace. It turned out that he had a congenital heart condition! This was unknown/undiagnosed until he died.

Like you said, get checked.

Before beginning an intense exercise regime, get screened for cardiovascular conditions like HBP, palpitation, aortic aneurysm, claudication, coagulopathy etc.
Also check risk of stroke through HBP/palpitation, family history, TIA and check for diabetes.

We lost a 30 something years old finance high flyer some years back. A very fit and regular jogger. He was jogging one fine spring morning and suddenly slumped just like this man. He was brought in unconscious. As much as we tried, we couldn't save him.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by tellwisdom: 1:13pm On May 19, 2015
Maybe na exercise he dey do...I do it too-Sleep on the floor
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by PidginYarns: 1:42pm On May 19, 2015
Dem say trek u dey jog. Who send u?
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 19, 2015
Awoofawo:

Na 9ja we dey bro! Seems you never jam police wahala b4. We are naturally kind people but no one wan visit police cell ontop akoba adaba olorun....with 9ja olopa

All these folks making noise,u saw a lifeless body on a Nigerian highway and you want to touch it?

We even stopped some cars to help carry the body to hospital for proper examination, but trust naija na, no one agreed
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by unclemayor(m): 1:54pm On May 19, 2015
GodsMercy1:

grin funny you

Bt Datz tru atleast crop off dd unnecessary shot
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by kokomilala(m): 2:00pm On May 19, 2015
You see, check those who jogg or do these high impact efforts, they pay for them sooner or later through wear and tear or injuries.Why? Because, these efforts impact negatively the joints.It's a no brainer that strength training serves as a better...even much better option.In strength training, a cardiovascular effect in realized, and the connective tissues are strengthened.Bone mineral density is also achieved overtime.Good news for women who are at risk of osteoporosis: the degeneration of the bones.
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 19, 2015
njuwo:
You sef you still stand join people dey watch come even dey take picture. Why you no organise the people make them join you help the man go hospital for check up and balance back to him feet?

He didn't have a pulse and wasn't breathing, he was pronounced dead

What baffled me was that he has been laying down like that lifeless for over 1hr 30mins and people were just walking past and scared to touch him

He was eventually taken away before I left
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 19, 2015
It was quiet unfortunate that people saw Him lying tirelessly and no one could be able to aid Him.

As you arrived at the incident did you carried the body to the hospital?
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by amoduganja: 2:15pm On May 19, 2015
The blood of Jesus written in the house will speak for him and prevent him from death.
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by bengoodcreature: 2:18pm On May 19, 2015
It is a pity
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Awoofawo(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2015
brandymcmb:

All these folks making noise,u saw a lifeless body on a Nigerian highway and you want to touch it?

We even stopped some cars to help carry the body to hospital for proper examination, but trust naija na, no one agreed

Na 9ja police cause am!!!

Those hungry men in uniform can rope you into crime you known nothing of, just to get money out of you.

Noone trust 9ja policemen as friend for Lagos streets! cool
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by Lexusgs430: 2:34pm On May 19, 2015
@least, he was not trekking...........
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by tlops(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2015
Is he jogging for GEJ or GMB?
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by princeonx: 3:10pm On May 19, 2015
Nigerians!! Look at how everybody is looking like fool!! Same way they did when my father passed! If you can't help the situation why not just give way for the poor man to get air? He might even get up from fresh air!! No! Instead na to dey look! Smdh!
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by CountDracula(m): 3:10pm On May 19, 2015
olaxco2f:
the guy no won chop ban? grin grin grin

asin naval police fit show up and u know the rest

Loool
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by CountDracula(m): 3:14pm On May 19, 2015
fxskye:

Common! he took the pictures discreetly.
Nobody wants to read a news wit evidence taken discreetly...
Re: Man Slumps While Jogging This Morning (photos) by chris4gold(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2015
And you? you are busy taking picture and you are pointing fingers. .. anyway i just dey pass by

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spurs Grant Emmanuel Adebayor Compassionate Leave After Contemplating Suicide / Ahmed Musa's Wife Gives Birth To Their 2nd Child / Lionel Messi Has Three Options On The Table After The 2022/23 Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.