Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others (65131 Views)

Aminu Gamawa Bags Doctorate Degree At Harvard Law School,US.Photos / Abiodun Alao Lectures At King’s College University Of London / Meet Nigerian Woman Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by PeterKbaba: 10:42pm On May 19, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 10:43pm On May 19, 2015
mikolo80:
And how has that culture affected your economy.? Oyinbo culture brings in billions of dollars every year.how much is tie and die bringing.simple question and instead of answering or ignoring him you'reinsulting him and shoutin arts and culture.hope you know that it is this arts and culture that keeps us down as a ppl
our arts and culture doesn't keep us down as a people. What we have is beautiful and its something I am proud of as an African. If d white man's culture is bringing them billions that's great. Maybe u can share with us how they do it so we can apply that knowledge and make our culture generate same revenue

1 Like

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 10:46pm On May 19, 2015
babyosisi:
Is she ogbanje?
I will be cautious while approaching her
The dressing is ogbanje-ish

I would have liked the coral bracelet though if they were smaller in size
Y u de put eye 4 "ogbanje" coral bracelet? Abi ogbanje no affect d bracelet?
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by sirusX(m): 11:06pm On May 19, 2015
ARTS get us thinking deeply, make us laugh, cause us to question the world as it is, help us build a diverse community, celebrate international awareness, beautify our world, and nurture our spirits. These are a few ways that the arts make our lives that much richer.

An appreciation of its knowledge and understanding of the universal and timeless qualities identify all great art. The more you appreciate and understand the art of different eras, movements, styles and techniques, the better you can develop, evaluate and improve your own artwork.

A truly inspiring story for everyone...
Mrs Nike Okundaye is a marvel and a beacon of hope for those who feel tomorrow holds nothing...based on where they stand at the moment.

When we reflect a bit about things, we come to see that life takes us places we never thought we would go.
It's only when you get to a certain point you come to realize that where you are...is definitely where you should be
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by 9jatatafo(m): 11:15pm On May 19, 2015
Life lesson, never loose sight of where you are going to no matter the hurdles we come across. I just love the colour combination.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Ibrahim28(m): 11:30pm On May 19, 2015
I swear she deserves GCFR
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 11:52pm On May 19, 2015
lexy2014:
our arts and culture doesn't keep us down as a people. What we have is beautiful and its something I am proud of as an African. If d white man's culture is bringing them billions that's great. Maybe u can share with us how they do it so we can apply that knowledge and make our culture generate same revenue
They are curious not superstitious. They allow creativity to flourish instead of beating it out of their children. They respect achievement not age.
They make money through music(our traditional dance is not in demand or we have not marketed it)and movies (ours are a joke)
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Nobody: 12:16am On May 20, 2015
I have seen some of her works....she is a true African artist.....She elevates the African Art culture, Yoruba art to be specific!!!
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by cutecanson(m): 2:02am On May 20, 2015
Chip crap.....nlanders buyin any poo story thrown @ dem
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Ilekeh(f): 2:33am On May 20, 2015
Yoruba people just love their culture and tradition.
Anytime I want to stray, something just pulls me back to my Yoruba roots.

My cousins that were born and bred in America and London are more Yoruba than Seun grin
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Ilekeh(f): 2:34am On May 20, 2015
kestolove95:
Since is not on drug trafficking or robbery i know it cant b an ibo woman
lol cheesy
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by ajealadick(m): 4:19am On May 20, 2015
God bless you is all I can say.
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by kayboy4y(m): 5:35am On May 20, 2015
akeensbussy:

believe it, it is POSSIBLE. I am not a graduate but as an IT expert with I got through practicals, I have taught graduate, worked with organizations like DANA group, Infoage Nig Ltd name it, as a Network Administrators. am currently training a Dr. I mean someone with PhD from Harvard. I own my business now. Practical experience rocks baby. most of the things you are leaning in the university today were discovered by people without certificate.

OK bo$$. Tnx a lot.
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Nobody: 5:59am On May 20, 2015
That's Mama for you. grin
I'm so proud of her. cool
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Nobody: 6:01am On May 20, 2015
cutecanson:
Chip crap.....nlanders buyin any poo story thrown @ dem

Are you insane?

It's just a question. Just answer yes or no.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 6:50am On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:
They are curious not superstitious. They allow creativity to flourish instead of beating it out of their children. They respect achievement not age.
They make money through music(our traditional dance is not in demand or we have not marketed it)and movies (ours are a joke)
Ok...so what has nike okundaye done that is superstitious? If she wasn't curious would she have learnt her trade? From d write up about her life, did her grand mum beat creativity out of her or did she let it flourish? Africans respect achievement we also respect age. If u are referring 2d rot and corruption in our system, that is a result of we abandoning our cultural values. This is reflected in d quality of nigerian films (still very profitable though). U still haven't told me how d whites made billions with their culture?
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Nobody: 7:43am On May 20, 2015
Yet sm pple will ask buhari to provide his certificate.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by yerakola(m): 8:23am On May 20, 2015
I hate history. is too early to start reading the whole story, can someone summarize it in one sentence
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 8:36am On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
Ok...so what has nike okundaye done that is superstitious?

i said our culture encourages superstition(go to church or consult otumokpor for solutions instead of science).i did not attack Okundaye i was simply asking you why attack the poster that asked how it affects price off egusi.
lexy2014:

If she wasn't curious would she have learnt her trade?
From d write up about her life, did her grand mum beat creativity out of her or did she let it flourish?

She is one in so many millions,an outlier and we salute her
lexy2014:

Africans respect achievement we also respect age.

No,we do not ,we respect money,different thing,look at our voting pattern .In Africa the young should seen not heard(same for women) no matter how innovative your ideas are
lexy2014:

If u are referring 2d rot and corruption in our system, that is a result of we abandoning our cultural values.

Finally we are on the same page. we took the bad white culture and raised it to the power of our bad culture and got rid of the good ones

This is reflected in d quality of nigerian films (still very profitable though). U still haven't told me how d whites made billions with their culture?[/quote]

i thought i told you(more of our culture of rote learning instead of teaching to read and comprehend(read between the lines) , movies(story telling,music(cultural dance),clothing
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 9:15am On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:

i said our culture encourages superstition(go to church or consult otumokpor for solutions instead of science).i did not attack Okundaye i was simply asking you why attack the poster that asked how it affects price off egusi.

She is one in so many millions,an outlier and we salute her

No,we do not ,we respect money,different thing,look at our voting pattern .In Africa the young should seen not heard(same for women) no matter how innovative your ideas are

Finally we are on the same page. we took the bad white culture and raised it to the power of our bad culture and got rid of the good ones

This is reflected in d quality of nigerian films (still very profitable though). U still haven't told me how d whites made billions with their culture?

i thought i told you(more of our culture of rote learning instead of teaching to read and comprehend(read between the lines) , movies(story telling,music(cultural dance),clothing
I didn't attack any poster I only responded 2 your claim that our culture keeps us down. culture evolves. science u talked about is d white mans culture. It was once superstition which they built on 2 become science. If we had built on our superstition, am sure it would have become science too. Am not sure how our voting pattern is a reflection of our culture, but like I said earlier, that's corruption which isn't a true reflection of our cultural values. Our culture respects youths and women. D present obi of agbor became d king as a child. His seat was preserved 4 him until he became old enough 2 rule. If africa abhors its women I don't think mrs banda and johnson sirleaf would b presidents. Didn't understand your last line but I was expecting u 2 give an expose on d pragmatic steps d whites took 2 make their culture attractive. It should b about solutions
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2015
Its a shame we value certificate where more than competence. How many so called prof in nigerian can stand her. Inspirational life.
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 9:44am On May 20, 2015
lexy2014:
I didn't attack any poster I only responded 2 your claim that our culture keeps us down. culture evolves. science u talked about is d white mans culture. It was once superstition which they built on 2 become science. If we had built on our superstition, am sure it would have become science too. Am not sure how our voting pattern is a reflection of our culture, but like I said earlier, that's corruption which isn't a true reflection of our cultural values. Our culture respects youths and women. D present obi of agbor became d king as a child. His seat was preserved 4 him until he became old enough 2 rule. If africa abhors its women I don't think mrs banda and johnson sirleaf would b presidents. Didn't understand your last line but I was expecting u 2 give an expose on d pragmatic steps d whites took 2 make their culture attractive. It should b about solutions
sorry i did not check handles i just assumed from your spirited defence that you were the guy who "attacked" egusisoup
science is not superstition(not faith based)
our superstition cannot become science(highly faith based)except for herbal medicine
would you vote a child as ur councillor
sirleaf was installed by west(don't kid yyourself and i say that in the most light hearted way)
they marketed their stories(movies,folktales,myths,legends,musicc,dance,clothing,fashion,food,customs,sports) to the tune of billions if not trillions of dollars(nollywood is not even a learner to the learner to the learner,although our musicians are coming with a vengeance
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by aerodee(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2015
Madam PeJe, take note, hope never loss, do quick, havad dey experrit from you. grin
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 11:07am On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:
sorry i did not check handles i just assumed from your spirited defence that you were the guy who "attacked" egusisoup
science is not superstition(not faith based)
our superstition cannot become science(highly faith based)except for herbal medicine
would you vote a child as ur councillor
sirleaf was installed by west(don't kid yyourself and i say that in the most light hearted way)
they marketed their stories(movies,folktales,myths,legends,musicc,dance,clothing,fashion,food,customs,sports) to the tune of billions if not trillions of dollars(nollywood is not even a learner to the learner to the learner,although our musicians are coming with a vengeance
apology accepted. I understand. Superstition isn't science but western societies once practised a lot of superstition all in an attempt 2 understand their environment b4 they evolved. D reason we didn't evolve is cos we are quick 2 discard our african culture. I refered 2d case of d obi of agbor cos u said africa doesn't value its youths. D obi of agbor lost his dad at a tender age. If d agbors didn't value youth, some older men would have usurped d throne 4 themselves. But instead, d throne was preserved until d boy was old enough 2 rule. that's a beautiful thing. It wasn't only d US that had interest in johnson sirleaf, even obasanjo was interested in her becoming president. Regardless of d role d US played, it wasn't d US that voted 4 her. It was ordinary liberians in liberia. D same goes 4 joyce banda, ex president of malawi. Am not a fan of nollywood especially with regards 2d quality of films, but I think they have done well 4 themselves in terms of revenue. I agree with u about d marketing drive of d west but u can't market what u don't value. d western culture isn't entirely better than ours e.g. Fashion and language but they place more value on theirs than we place on ours. if we don't value who we are, how we dress, our language and accent, how do we market it? Sometimes some of us want 2 sound more oyibo than oyibo when d scots and irish don't give a damn about d english. It begins with u. do u value our african culture?
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 11:47am On May 20, 2015
apology accepted. I understand. Superstition isn't science but western societies once practised a lot of superstition all in an attempt 2 understand their environment b4 they evolved.

we have refused to evolve
lexy2014:

D reason we didn't evolve is cos we are quick 2 discard our african culture.

i disagree we have held on to almost all our culture past their due date(undue reverence for old and incompetent leaders i.e oba akiolu)
[quote author=lexy2014 post=33918382]
I refered 2d case of d obi of agbor cos u said africa doesn't value its youths. D obi of agbor lost his dad at a tender age. If d agbors didn't value youth, some older men would have usurped d throne 4 themselves. But instead, d throne was preserved until d boy was old enough 2 rule. that's a beautiful thing.

that is not valuing your youth but following custom(the law),who else dem for give abi if queen elizabeth should drop dead will anybody but prince william be coronated(cos his dad was screwing a commoner)

i am talking about when youth who have excelled are invited to help solve problems(not the bankoole type of youth o) or when a child asks "why" he is not told to stop disturbing or when a child is seen trying to be different he is immediately shot down and made to conform.(how entertainers were seen as never do wells)
i'm not even talking about the youth but promoting competence and excellence over age or status/"experience"

[quote author=lexy2014 post=33918382] It wasn't only d US that had interest in johnson sirleaf, even obasanjo was interested in her becoming president.

obj is a stooge of the west
[quote author=lexy2014 post=33918382]Regardless of d role d US played, it wasn't d US that voted 4 her. It was ordinary liberians in liberia.
ah my naive friend surely you jest,if not then this signifies you have no idea how the game is played do you?(part of the marketing of the democratic culture)[quote author=lexy2014 post=33918382]

D same goes 4 joyce banda, ex president of malawi. Am not a fan of nollywood especially with regards 2d quality of films, but I think they have done well 4 themselves in terms of revenue. I agree with u about d marketing drive of d west but u can't market what u don't value. d western culture isn't entirely better than ours e.g. Fashion and language but they place more value on theirs than we place on ours. if we don't value who we are, how we dress, our language and accent, how do we market it? Sometimes some of us want 2 sound more oyibo than oyibo when d scots and irish don't give a damn about d english. It begins with u. do u value our african culture?
which brings me back to my point,we do value our culture,especially the negative ones that keep us down,beholden to poverty ignorance and misery when it is high time we change said cultural practices that promote mediocrity and foolisshness and have abandoned the good ones like (honesty and integrity,being our brothers keeper)
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by mikolo80: 11:50am On May 20, 2015
apology accepted. I understand. Superstition isn't science but western societies once practised a lot of superstition all in an attempt 2 understand their environment b4 they evolved.

lexy2014:

D reason we didn't evolve is cos we are quick 2 discard our african culture.
i disagree we have held on to almost all our culture past their due date(undue reverence for old and incompetent leaders i.e oba akiolu)
lexy2014:

I refered 2d case of d obi of agbor cos u said africa doesn't value its youths. D obi of agbor lost his dad at a tender age. If d agbors didn't value youth, some older men would have usurped d throne 4 themselves. But instead, d throne was preserved until d boy was old enough 2 rule. that's a beautiful thing.
that is not valuing your youth but following custom(the law),who else dem for give abi if queen elizabeth should drop dead will anybody but prince william be coronated(cos his dad was screwing a commoner)

i am talking about when youth who have excelled are invited to help solve problems(not the bankole type of youth o) or when a child asks "why" he is not told to stop disturbing or when a child is seen trying to be different he is immediately shot down and made to conform.(how entertainers were seen as never do wells)
i'm not even talking about the youth but promoting competence and excellence over age or status/"experience"

lexy2014:
It wasn't only d US that had interest in johnson sirleaf, even obasanjo was interested in her becoming president.
lexy2014:
Regardless of d role d US played, it wasn't d US that voted 4 her. It was ordinary liberians in liberia.
ah my naive friend surely you jest,if not then this signifies you have no idea how the game is played do you?(part of the marketing of the democratic culture)[quote author=lexy2014 post=33918382]

D same goes 4 joyce banda, ex president of malawi. Am not a fan of nollywood especially with regards 2d quality of films, but I think they have done well 4 themselves in terms of revenue. I agree with u about d marketing drive of d west but u can't market what u don't value. d western culture isn't entirely better than ours e.g. Fashion and language but they place more value on theirs than we place on ours. if we don't value who we are, how we dress, our language and accent, how do we market it? Sometimes some of us want 2 sound more oyibo than oyibo when d scots and irish don't give a damn about d english. It begins with u. do u value our african culture?
which brings me back to my point,we do value our culture,especially the negative ones that keep us down,beholden to poverty ignorance and misery when it is high time we change said cultural practices that promote mediocrity and foolisshness and have abandoned the good ones like (honesty and integrity,being our brothers keeper)
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 12:04pm On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:

i am talking about when youth who have excelled are invited to help solve problems(not the bankole type of youth o) or when a child asks "why" he is not told to stop disturbing or when a child is seen trying to be different he is immediately shot down and made to conform.(how entertainers were seen as never do wells)

so what makes d queen elizabeth better than oba akiolu or any traditional ruler 4 that matter? If your claim about africans not valuing youths was tenable, then that custom which was followed in agbor would have been discarded by d "elders".Not valuing youths or not promoting competence and excellence? Which are u trying 2 espouse? I don't no about OBJ being a stooge of d west, then again, madam sirleaf also had support from her own people at home just like mrs banda of malawi(or was she also installed by US?) Which brings me back 2d issue, do u value african culture?
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lexy2014: 12:17pm On May 20, 2015
mikolo80:

so what are those african cultural practices that promote foolishness and mediocrity?
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:54pm On May 20, 2015
Interesting. The yorubas did not storm the thread claiming her. But if it were those guys! Hmm. lipsrsealed
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by lacord5: 1:13pm On May 20, 2015
I met this woman once at her Gallery at Lekki, she was happy to show me around and explain different awesome works of art displayed. I didn't know she is such an icon! She's so humble and down to earth, I loved her immediately. She has this motherly air about her, so warm and full of wisdom. The gallery is beautiful, never seen anything like that before. I will surely visit there again, God bless her!
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 20, 2015
You don't need to go to a higher insititution if you've chosing to seek a career in any vocational skill. Secondary schooling is enough for anyone to speak pollished english if that is what being educated means for the typical african man.
Re: Meet Nike Okundaye Who Has No Formal Education But Lectures At Harvard, Others by vickrino(m): 1:34pm On May 20, 2015
God is wonderful!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(PHOTO) What Is He Doing In The Classroom? / TOP 10 Secondary Schools In Nigeria / NOCEN Anambra Student's Rag Day Costume Got People Talking (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.