Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

An Open Letter To Unizik Students BY ESOMNOFU ARINZE - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To Unizik Students BY ESOMNOFU ARINZE (663 Views)

UNIZIK Students Protest Against Obiano, Call For The Sack Of His SA On IGR(pics) / Unizik Students Build A Drone / Emmanuel Arinze-Ifeajuna On Olympic Exercise 2B Book Back In The Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Unizik Students BY ESOMNOFU ARINZE by ddddon(m): 9:37am On May 19, 2015
AN OPEN LETTER TO UNIZIK STUDENTS (ZIKITES)

By Esomnofu Arinze (Unizik Alumni 2013/2013)
arinzeesomnofu@gmail.com

It pains my heart to see my beloved alma mater Unizik on the news of late, for what many tagged "wrong reasons" but are they are really wrong reasons? I doubt.

It is no news that the SUG PRESIDENT Comrd. Eyisi Noble is facing challenging times, and his only crime is carrying out the duties he was elected for by the students. how I wished we had such "Daring" character of an SUG President during my era as a UNIZIK student.

When Mr Eyisi Noble first came into office, many people felt no need to celebrate stating that "he will be one of them after all " but over time, Mr Noble started looking into the plights of students and gradually he started winning the hearts of Zikites.

Firstly, Mr Noble reduced the price of transportation inside school from N30 to N20. a step many ex President before him could not achieve, and to achieve this Mr Noble Eyisi have to sacrifice the "sacred Cow" of past SUG executives which is the transportation Tax paid by the school public transport drivers. It was a fund that could have been enriching Mr Noble with at least #20,000 daily, but Mr Noble sacrificed this to achieve the dreams of a reduced transport fare in UNIZIK.

Today, transport inside school is now #20 all thanks to President Noble, but trouble starter mounting when he started making move to reduce the price of food sold inside the school from #200 to #150, this time the school authority mounted pressure on the President because they are not ready to sacrifice their own "sacred Cow" like President Noble did with the Transport Tax.

Also the President saw some irregularities in certain increments in the school and he decided to write the Vice Chancellor and all hell was brought loose, and now the President is being persecuted for what I personally will tag "bringing back aluta consciousness " in Unizik.

Last week members of his executive passed a vote of no confidence in him and on that note the Student Representative Council (SRC) brought up an impeachment suit against the President citing different reasons that would not hold water in the long run. Reasons I wonder if they were just noticing now, or there is a silent motivation behind the move. Once again the President is facing persecution for doing his elected duties.

Zikites now is the time to stand and back your SUG President, let him know he is not alone in this struggle, over time he had stood for you, now he needs you to reciprocate. Don't let him down, don't let people to mock him saying " who does he even say he was fighting for"

History lingers and if President Noble that attempted breaking the norm is impeached then, that is the end of vibrant Student Unionism in Unizik, for future SUG Presidents will cite Noble's case and withdraw every aluta spirit in them. So in essence Noble should not be impeached, he should not be used as a scape Goat for daring to believe.

Am I calling for demonstrations if need be "YES" but it should be peaceful and violence free, it should be one carried out without any hatred of any form but as a tool of getting back the norm.

This little light of aluta consciousness that have shone in UNIZIK, let us keep it burning.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Unizik Students BY ESOMNOFU ARINZE by Mrbigman1(m): 10:18am On May 19, 2015
Seconded.

Let Giants stand and make a bold stride to Glory.
Re: An Open Letter To Unizik Students BY ESOMNOFU ARINZE by ddddon(m): 11:12am On May 19, 2015
Mrbigman1:
Seconded.
Let Giants stand and make a bold stride to Glory.
i see the aluta spirit in you bro, keep it up. 2gada we can.
Re: An Open Letter To Unizik Students BY ESOMNOFU ARINZE by Mrbigman1(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2015
ddddon:
i see the aluta spirit in you bro, keep it up. 2gada we can.

Am alumni too and wish a better Unizik
Re: An Open Letter To Unizik Students BY ESOMNOFU ARINZE by uchennaakunne(m): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2015
undecidedThis is rather lubrugius and a pitiable dismal

(1) (Reply)

Who Have Use The New Microsoft Window10 / Federal University Ndufu-alike Ikwo(funai) PUTME Date / Niger Delta University (NDU) Pre-degree/ Diploma Form Is On. (081-3124-1212)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.