Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:57 PM

Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend (20683 Views)

Lagos Trader Rapes Nine-year-old Boy In The Anus / Man Arrested In Ebonyi For Raping Nine Girls (Picture) / Witches Pushed Me To defile Nine-year-old Girl, Says Father Of Three (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by dre11(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2015
A cloth dealer, Cyprian Edundu, 38, has been arrested by the police for allegedly raping a nine -year-old girl.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Edundu, who is allegedly dating the victim’s mother, lives in the Ojo area of Lagos, where her lover resides.

Our correspondent learnt that the indigene of Imo State had lured the girl to his room sometime in October 2014 and allegedly raped her.

It was gathered that Edundu, after the act, warned the girl not to inform anybody.

The girl, however, reportedly told her mother when Edundu tricked him into his room and attempted to rape her the second time.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect was apprehended after the minor’s mother, identified simply as Amaka, reported the incident at the Ojo Police Station.

Edundu, in a statement he made to the police, denied the allegation, claiming that he only sent the girl on an errand. He said there was a relationship between him and Amaka, adding that the woman used to send the girl to him whenever she needed money.

He said, “I merely sent her (the victim) on an errand. I didn’t rape her. Amaka, her husband and I are very close. One day she (Amaka) came to my room half-naked, asking for money. She seduced me one morning when she needed N5,000. That was the first time we had sex. She sent her daughter to me whenever she needed something.”

Amaka, however, refuted having extramarital affair with the suspect, but she admitted that she usually borrowed money from him.

She said, “I never went out with him (Edundu). Yes, I collected N5,000 from him, but I paid him back. The first money I got from him was N1,000. He is just a neighbour to me and nothing else.”

Edundu was brought before an Apapa Magistrate’s Court on one count of rape.

The charge read, “That you, Cyprian Edundun, sometime in October 2014, at about 10am on Semach Street, Agric, Ojo, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did defile a nine-year-old girl without her consent and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.”

A police prosecutor, Inspector Olusoji Ojaokomo, told the court that a medical test conducted on the girl at a general hospital in Lagos revealed that her “hymen had been ruptured.”

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The presiding magistrate, Mr. P.A. Adekomaya, admitted him to bail in the sum of N100,000 with one surety in like sum.

The case was adjourned till June 10, 2015 for mention.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/man-arrested-for-raping-nine-year-old-daughter-of-girlfriend/
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:20am On May 19, 2015
angry
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by dre11(m): 10:21am On May 19, 2015
The woman made her child a prey to this shameless man by always sending her to the man house anytime she needs money or things from the man.........

She was careless angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by DuchessLily(f): 10:23am On May 19, 2015
Rape! Adultery!!

What next?? Murder?

9 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by elantraceey(f): 10:28am On May 19, 2015
The woman was careless with her child but I guess she never expected that .

Some men this days can never be trusted even with a day old girl angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Young03(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2015
What will I say in this matter now
I don tire for this kind story

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:49am On May 19, 2015
The woman exposed her daughter to a wild animal,.
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by ijustdey: 12:51pm On May 19, 2015
'atenuje' is the problem of this woman

while the man needs to be castrated having the mother and also taking a bite off the child..... shameless man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Islie: 12:55pm On May 19, 2015
Make the thing no be say nah only me see am
Make I call people to come give the man the needed verdict.....

Lalasticlala FP grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 19, 2015
The man is a f**king problem to the society...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by gerrardomendes(m): 1:01pm On May 19, 2015
Tomfrench:
J
J for Jonathan d great

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by baybeeboi: 1:01pm On May 19, 2015
and the Man is still alive?
I think a law should be made that these Rapist be executed instead.
imagine 9yrs old.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 19, 2015
cry cry cry
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Dandeson1(m): 1:02pm On May 19, 2015
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:02pm On May 19, 2015
Who's to blame

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by babarazy: 1:03pm On May 19, 2015
Aye le!
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Wealthyone: 1:03pm On May 19, 2015
When will these STOP?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 19, 2015
Edundu should face a firing squad of 20 soldiers.

It is time to start executing people in this country to restore sanity. I am an advocate of death penalty and I believe some crimes should be punished by death.

Rapists should be executed

Terrorists should be executed

Kidnappers should be executed

Fake drug/hard drug dealers should be executed.

Murderers/money ritualists should be executed

Human rights groups campaigning against the death sentence should go to hell and join Satan there. Don't tell me that it is bad to dispatch these despicable set of people to hell because when they harm/kill their victims, they show no mercy at all.

I say execute them all! Nonsense!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Firefire(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:
The woman was careless with her child but I guess she never expected that .

Men this days can never be trusted even with a day old girl angry

what shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by publicenemy(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2015
Hmmm...what's happening to our men these days?

They are now behaving like these arabs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Bonapart(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2015
What is stopping the government from imposing a law of death by hanging to rape....
Like seriously it's right about time.
They keep taking away the little children's innocence

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Chris95(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2015
embarassed cry -SPEECHLESS

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 19, 2015
[center].its time our government implement a law for castrating men who commit such crimes[/center].

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by naijainfogalery: 1:06pm On May 19, 2015
wow
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Lagusta(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2015
This man is a christian from the east....

If it were to be a "kazeem" or an "amodu" you hear the hypocrites say ISLAM THIS, ISLAM THAT...

Anyway, I propose this punishment for him....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by missKiffy(f): 1:06pm On May 19, 2015
Quite sad
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Helkayklassic(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2015
Lool
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Kreamie(m): 1:07pm On May 19, 2015
He could be castrated
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by baybeeboi: 1:07pm On May 19, 2015
elantraceey:

Men this days can never be trusted even with a day old girl angry
you sef no d try at allllllll.
Re: Man Arrested For Raping Nine-year-old Daughter Of His Girlfriend by Genea(f): 1:07pm On May 19, 2015
mmmmmmmm,dey should cut his dick,days d best punishment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen Cause Death Of A Lady In Imo Today Because Of N50 / Mother Dumped Baby In Bauchi Hospital Toilet. Graphic Photos / Gun Battle Between Police & Armed-Robbers In Lagos, 2 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.