Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart (1531 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Reminisce's Baba Hafusa Album Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by wildeyeq(m): 11:57am On May 19, 2015
Baba Hafusa, the 3rd studio album by Nigerian rapper Reminisce has debuted at Number 12 on the Billboard World Music Albums Chart. Having received massive critical acclaim, the album which is selling out fast both online and offline made it to the prestigious music chart this past week http://www.billboard.com/biz/charts/2015-05-16/world-albums (Subscription required).

Tuface Idibia’s Ascension as well as ASA’s Beautiful Imperfection are the only other Nigerian albums to have made it to the Billboard top world music album chart, debuting at number 12 and number 5 respectively. No Nigerian Hip-Hop album has ever made it to the chart.

The Baba Hafusa album which was released on the 30th of April 2015 remained on the number one spot on the iTunes World Music chart for seven days straight, prompting fans, critics and music aficionados to label Reminisce’s 3rd album as a major contender for Album of the Year in any Nigerian or African music award lineup.

Chart positions on the Billboard Chart are generally determined by key fan interactions with artistes’ music, and include album sales and downloads, track downloads, radio airplay as well as social media interactions.

In July 2014, TIME Magazine named Reminisce as one of its seven world rappers to meet in the article “Forget Eminem: World Rappers You Should Meet” http://time.com/2977682/forget-eminem-world-rappers-you-should-meet/

Re: Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 19, 2015
good for him wink
billboard are racist tho so i'm surprised lipsrsealed
checked out their award winners list, fucccck, taylor swift packed the awards shocked
but wait are you know trying to say Reminisce is naija best rapper? me and you knows he is not in top 10 angry
Re: Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by airmark(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2015
runzlord:
good for him wink
checked out their award winners list, fucccck, taylor swift packed the awards shocked
but wait are you know trying to say Reminisce is naija best rapper? me and you knows he is not in top 10 angry

Was also suprised . Also Eminem named him as one of revolutionary rappers in the world last year.
Re: Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by oddy4real(m): 3:21pm On May 19, 2015
runzlord:
good for him wink

You have spewed out a shitload of rubbish all in the name of commenting

Re: Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 19, 2015
oddy4real:

You have spewed out a shitload of rubbish all in the name of commenting
did you know billboard named thrift shop the best rap song ever? look at the awards winners, iggy was winning where we had j Cole and drake in the category, Taylor swift packed the awards
Re: Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by oddy4real(m): 4:35pm On May 19, 2015
runzlord:

did you know billboard named thrift shop the best rap song ever? look at the awards winners, iggy was winning where we had j Cole and drake in the category, Taylor swift packed the awards

In one sentence, tell me why you are angry

Re: Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 19, 2015
oddy4real:

In one sentence, tell me why you are angry
i think you are the one angry here
Re: Reminisce’s Baba Hafusa Album Is Number 12 On The Billboard World Albums Chart by oddy4real(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2015
runzlord:

i think you are the one angry here

Bye

(1) (Reply)

Hotkid Kills The Beat On Naijaloaded Fire On The Mic / British Band, Coldplay Uses Igbo In Their Recently Released Song / 2baba Ft Wizkid – Opo (mp3 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.