Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) (64687 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University / See How Some University Lecture Room Looks Like / Ten Types Of People You Would Probably Meet In A Lecture Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Beamborla(f): 6:30pm On May 19, 2015
TopHand:

Is that not one of the lecture halls of psychology, sociology or economics faculties, my memory fails me its been so long 18yrs? but it looks like where maths 101 and other compulsory electives for all freshers used to take place, I am not surprised it was always packed then, you had to get there an hour early to get a sit, memories, Unijos is actually a very good university, its only problem is that its hostels are scattered all over the place and its main site was, then, an uncompleted building site I dont know if that is still true, I remember I got a place at the village hostel but ended up selling it for 330 naria, even Naraguta was just too far, I ended up renting a room in anguawa rogo at the back of the university, Jos used to be a happening place, very safe and secure, full of beautiful women and money, parties every weekend, Good times
You actually stayed in angwa rogo shocked
You are a living legend smiley

P.site is now far from uncompleted building it's now dilapidated completed buildings grin

And yes, the hall is used by psychology and the rest of them. Math 101 is in main camp
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by help3852: 6:30pm On May 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I still blame the PDP govt ....because they refused to fund education adequately when the going was good.

Now oil prices have fallen, education budget has been slashed.

By 2019...fees will have gone up.

And I hope you blame GEJ then...for refusing to pay up the N3trillion agreed with ASUU back in 2009....in 2013....and for not making education an emergency. And for building those twelve universities....which have further drained the already limited education budget.
nothing do you, i hope APC will rule for 16years then you will still blame Pdp,

Have you been to Lagos state university and polythnics, where APC have ruled and see the development you are looking for.
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Bruno3000(m): 6:31pm On May 19, 2015
Damikevin:
na Jonathan say makeevery body wan go school.
nice question...
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Beamborla(f): 6:32pm On May 19, 2015
Bruno3000:
hmmnn... Ma fellow josite... Wat department did u gradg frm?
Mass communication.
You in what dept?
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by ManTiger(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2015
This is synonymous to ssc105 taught by bisiriyu at ODLT. grin
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by UGOSIMPLICITY(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2015
IF YOU THINK THAT DIA IS MUCH STUDENT HERE PLS TRY FEDPOLY NEKEDE
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Luckygurl(f): 6:38pm On May 19, 2015
Tydies:
UNN is the best. You receive your lecture in a well furnished room full Airconditioned and the nice babes too#LOLZ

You kidding right??
Nothing special about most of the lecture halls atleast here in Nsukka campus..
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 19, 2015
help3852:
nothing do you, i hope APC will rule for 16years then you will still blame Pdp,

Have you been to Lagos state university and polythnics, where APC have ruled and see the development you are looking for.

1.My argument extends to all universities in Nigeria...and it basically states that we must increase fees or else.

2.Stop excusing PDP. If they had paid up in 2013 what they promised in 2009....we may have had some slight improvement.

Honestly, if you PDPians had taken responsibility for your messes....we might have still kept your party in power.

Better blame PDP...because if they had taken funding seriously...and not built more universities when the existing ones were bad...things would have been better.

And anyway this argument is beyond party eventually. We need N10 trillion or more to fund our universities. And we may have to increase fees. And if your PDP govt had fixed the electricity...perhaps we could have had an industrial economy which would have given us an higher GDP...which would have enabled us to fund education PROPERLY.

So yes...it is GEJ'S fault. And Buhari too better find a solution fast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by tellwisdom: 6:39pm On May 19, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Alhajas are always on the front row in every class,they're always serious than anything and they dey know book

[img]http://.net/thumbnail/1126.gif[/img]
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Pancs(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2015
TopHand:

Is that not one of the lecture halls of psychology, sociology or economics faculties, my memory fails me its been so long 18yrs? but it looks like where maths 101 and other compulsory electives for all freshers used to take place, I am not surprised it was always packed then, you had to get there an hour early to get a sit, memories, Unijos is actually a very good university, its only problem is that its hostels are scattered all over the place and its main site was, then, an uncompleted building site I dont know if that is still true, I remember I got a place at the village hostel but ended up selling it for 330 naria, even Naraguta was just too far, I ended up renting a room in anguawa rogo at the back of the university, Jos used to be a happening place, very safe and secure, full of beautiful women and money, parties every weekend, Good times
not now o! for Christians angwan rogo is a death trap.
18 yrs wow,!
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by psalmuelwater(m): 6:42pm On May 19, 2015
Can't we the students go on strike for poor facilities? Where is the NANS? Instead of us to protest this,na BSC vs HND dey our brain. Which kain better BSC or HND wan comot for this kain lecture room? We need #transformation.

1 Like

Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by alexbch(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2015
Omo...dis must be P-site campus...wat a shame
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by fersonvan(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2015
come to university of Abuja mini campus, Gwagwalada u go discover say una still dey learn. u will see almost 300 students in a very small class.
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by alexbch(m): 6:44pm On May 19, 2015
Tydies:
UNN is the best. You receive your lecture in a well furnished room full Airconditioned and the nice babes too#LOLZ
...u neva hear say AC dey make nigerians sleep for klass....we aint used to it ...neither does it make us beta
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by help3852: 6:45pm On May 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

1.My argument extends to all universities in Nigeria...and it basically states that we must increase fees or else.

2.Stop excusing PDP. If they had paid up in 2013 what they promised in 2009....we may have had some slight improvement.

Honestly, if you PDPians had taken responsibility for your messes....we might have still kept your party in power.

Better blame PDP...because if they had taken funding seriously...and not built more universities when the existing ones were bad...things would have been better.

And anyway this argument is beyond party eventually. We need N10 trillion or more to fund our universities. And we may have to increase fees. And if your PDP govt had fixed the electricity...perhaps we could have had an industrial economy which would have given us an higher GDP...which would have enabled us to fund education PROPERLY.

So yes...it is GEJ'S fault. And Buhari too better find a solution fast.

you don't get me,

In universities and polythenics owned and managed by states like Lagos state ruled by APC since 1999, do. You still blame PDP for poor facilities.

Btw, Its funny when you call pdp my party, do you know me from anywhere?? hahaha or do I look like a card carrying member.
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by tosynbolade(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2015
stinggy:

Very true!
Can remember CHM 222 lecture in 1,200 LT. You wouldn't even the space to snap this picture.
Crazy school..

CHM 222 indeed,i can't forget those times!!!...EEE 231 na another 'die' class!!...u no fit get chance to take this picture sef...i love my Alma mata though!

1 Like

Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 19, 2015
help3852:
you don't get me,

In universities and polythenics owned and managed by states like Lagos state ruled by APC since 1999, do. You still blame PDP for poor facilities.

Basically.....the 2009 agreement covered state universities too. N1.5 trillion naira was supposed to go to state universities . (The ASUU chair in 2009 was from IMSU...a state uni...so he saw to the fact that state universities were included in the agreement).

So...I still blame PDP. Plus...this is a thread about a federal university, not a state university.

1 Like

Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by preselect(m): 6:49pm On May 19, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
I'm disappointed in Nigerians...

No gentleman offered his seat to a lady embarassed cool

do the ladies even behave like ladies?

1 Like

Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Bruno3000(m): 6:51pm On May 19, 2015
Beamborla:
Mass communication. You in what dept?
eco. Wasn't easy tho
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by help3852: 6:52pm On May 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Basically.....the 2009 agreement covered state universities too. N1.5 trillion naira was supposed to go to state universities . (The ASUU chair in 2009 was from IMSU...a state uni...so he saw to the fact that state universities were included in the agreement).

So...I still blame PDP. Plus...this is a thread about a federal university, not a state university.

nothing do you,

I hope if you get home and the meal you are served is salty, you will still blame PDP grin cheesy
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Beamborla(f): 6:53pm On May 19, 2015
Bruno3000:
eco. Wasn't easy tho
Mehn! Had friends there.
I always pity you guys with your prerequisite courses.

Yeah! It wasn't easy. UJ is never easy.
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 19, 2015
help3852:
nothing do you,

I hope if you get home and the meal you are served is salty, you will still blame PDP grin cheesy

Your party should learn to take responsibility.

As should APC after may 29th.
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Malawian(m): 6:57pm On May 19, 2015
Daniyemi:
Pls the relevant authorities should try as much as possible to curb this. shameful.
OP you are a learner, come to FNS 100L hall of AAU Ekpoma,
you no go know when you start to dey bow sef.
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 19, 2015
Daniyemi:
Pls the relevant authorities should try as much as possible to curb this. shameful.

Wow, students they try ..
Harsh conditions just to study in that heat. embarassed
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Bruno3000(m): 6:58pm On May 19, 2015
Beamborla:

Mehn! Had friends there.
I always pity you guys with your prerequisite courses.

Yeah! It wasn't easy. UJ is never easy.
yes o. In linkin's voice *together we made it, even tho we had our backs up against d wall* so wia u at now?
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 19, 2015
na today?
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 19, 2015
fabulousdora:
pls MBA is better than this place
maybe its better now..but in my undergraduate days...over 10departments take lectures in MBA...The place will be hot, noisy etc...I remember when Prof. Oforka(Rip) will come to the class, you barely hear what his saying...I guess you are still a student there...ask your seniors the state of MBA in the year 2006-2010
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Badgers14: 7:01pm On May 19, 2015
Nigerian university needs to be creative. even in U.S some classes are overpopulated, in my alma mater - Anatomy and Physiology class capacity of 263 fills to the brim. because lots of departments needs the class, Nursing, biology majors, Biomedical science e.tc. infact all Health sciences.

you cannot enroll in the class once the seats are filled but what happens is, the class have 2 sections, one Mondays and Wednesdays and the other Tuesdays and Thursdays. that way students could seat comfortable.

Nigerian Universities should adopt that method.

cheers cool
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by omalikoe: 7:02pm On May 19, 2015
In those days at university of jos. That is gst class. Thank God the even have public address system.
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by Jman06(m): 7:04pm On May 19, 2015
That's hall A1 where some 100level and foundation courses are taught. I understand that that is not how an ideal classroom should be, but then every university in Nigeria has its own version of A1. Besides, the problem with that hall is basically that it doesn't have good audio system. Not that it is not spacious enough.

The seats are enough to carry all the students but most students who fail to secure a front seat prefer to stand in front instead of taking a back seat.
I took some courses there in 100level, so I know better.

I miss UJ sha!

***Modified***

That's not A1 ooo. Must be p.site tinz. A1 is much better than that!

Too fast to comment cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by nosike3(m): 7:06pm On May 19, 2015
This is small!!! If you went to unn, jimbazz and nslt lecture halls na die!! The lecturer would be avoiding trampling on students seating on the ground.. UNN sha
Re: Sad! Lecture Room 184 At The University of Jos.(pic) by help3852: 7:07pm On May 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Your party should learn to take responsibility.

As should APC after may 29th.

WE ARE SAYING THE SAME THING

Seems you are a politician but Am not stop saying my party.

Lets face reality, even with the current amount they are receiving a new vc in a certain university is setting up structures in the school, it makes me wonder what the other vc's have been doing with funds.

When People occupying offices are stealing funds some of these people are our family members, friends, we don't caution them all we do Is to blame Government.

You complain about new universities, do you know our population is increasingly steadyly.

If we are to follow a standard class of 50 per class, how many Nigerians will be graduates if universities stick to 50 per class.

You better wake up and analyze things clearly without bias

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHOTO: Where Are Those Guyz That Did This In Secondary School / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures / 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.