Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Football Betting: The Impact On Youths - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Betting: The Impact On Youths (532 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Sponsors Youths To London For Football Training. Photos / Youths Visit "Mad Men" & "Imbeciles" To Win Big In Sport Bets (Photos) / Hello friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Football Betting: The Impact On Youths by Ayo199(m): 3:08pm On May 19, 2015
With no doubt, seventy percent of Nigerian youths are patriotic patronizers of football betting. The rise of these bets is becoming so social that the media now propagandize their various jingles and ads on how to become a Bill Gates in just a day.
Football betting agencies such as Nairabet, 1960bet, bet9ja, Surebet247, Merrybet, betcolony are the advance “senior brother” of soccer polls which our fathers played back then. Only that these new bet agencies just added ideas, concepts and technology. Now we can all be millionaires from our homes, placing bets online. How I wish it could be easy just like that *smiles*.
But in actuality, one personal reasons which I could testify that football betting has been a merit to the society is that it has gradually scale down crime rate in the country. I know many of you would not agree with me on this, but let me justify with emphasis.
If you reside in Lagos, you would probably know what am talking about. The street touts “Omo ita” are the frequenter to these bets. If you are a doubting Thomas, take a stroll down to this areas: Bariga, Ladi-Lak, Oshodi, Mushin, Agege, Shogunle, Ajegunle, Cele, Ketu, Berger, Surulere etc. Then you will see the truth in my gospel. Also the oldies are not exempted from the list. Students, teenagers and even minors now see it as an easy source of wealth.
A popular old school song featured with inspiring lyrics bears it all; “Oh my son, you should be ready, to lay good foundation, earlier the better, in the nearest future, you will be one of the leader, so will pray Amen!” The fact remains that football betting has never help our fathers and will never help their sons.
I had a personal experience in late 2013. I got very addicted that everyday, I spend thirty percent of my little earnings on football betting. Till I released myself from the spell, I had nothing to write home about. I was full of regrets, self-reproach and ruefulness.
Football betting is now a canker worm that is really eaten deep in the fabric of our society today. With clear view, it has tremendously promoted laziness among youths, blurred dreams, the “quick money” initiative, negligence, unwillingness to work and dormancy. Thus, there by degrading education and apprenticeship to its minimum value.
Ultimately, my statistic arrays that seven of every ten persons are devoted fellow of football betting and it’s a pity that the negativity has obviously shown in the standards, reasoning and reflection of these persons.
My dear beloved brothers, they are many clear-cut ways to make good bills, so liberate yourself from this unruly act.
“The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.. Deuteronomy 28:12 (KJV)
Re: Football Betting: The Impact On Youths by Temidayo9(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2015
Good advise.....but ur way may not be my way...everyone get his own way to follow. Nothing good in this world come easy. Even to die no easy. May God help.

(1) (Reply)

U20 Fifa World Cup: Argentina Make Changes For Ghana Clash / Merrybet Promise A Better Odds For The Coming Season / Mikel Will Play At Al Ain Next Season — Ghana Star, Gyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.