Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? (8897 Views)

Student Result Checker --built By Dreamweaver / Please I Need Link To Download DREAMWEAVER Cs6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 20, 2015
josieboy55:

so every one using DW uses the design view how do u even think ?

check the image below and see the different option for workspace selection DW has .

I use DW when i code and it saves me tons of headache and gets the job done . i cn also use Notepad ++ and sublime .

pls note it is WYSIWYG and not (WYSWYG) ..

Dreamweaver embraces poor code, every wysiwyg ide, does so
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by anetuno(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2015
Dreamweaver is the standard for web design with its very helpful code hinting. Most of those commenting here know very little about web design tools and are just here to show off otherwise how can any web designer worth his salt prefer notepad++ or sublime text to Dreamweaver except when you talk of cost. Notepad++ and Sublime text are free, Dreamweaver is not. Another good and free web design tool is Microsoft Visual studio express edition. For those without much programming knowledge, the easiest and most graphical web design tool is Adobe Muse, though it is also not free like the Adobe Dreamweaver.

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

Dreamweaver embraces poor code, every wysiwyg ide, does so

SMH for u , u ve a blocked brain . Does Dreamweaver generate custom code for those using code view

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2015
Ch1z0:
I'm pretty sure that all these dudes criticising dreamwaver probably used below version cs3. You should try the new dreamweaver cc. Its awesome. It has a list of all php functions and their description and can be accessed in real time while coding. It's predictive features also includes a huge library of jquery functions and also css functions.

And for all those shouting bootstrap. Dreamweaver shows predictive list of all css styles in any css file linked to a html document and even JavaScript functions. What more could a good web developer ask for.

I haven't even talked about the fact that dreamweaver lets you build responsive sites by switching between different resolutions.

It's only in naija that people criticize something just because they don't like it. Most of those criticizing dreamweaver are bringing up baseless arguments.

As long as I find myself developing websites, I don't see myself leaving dreamweaver.

U just nailed it
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 20, 2015
onyengbu:

I am sure you are desperately trying to get into a fight with me but unfortunately for you, I wont indulge you.

This is an argument that requires people to put across reasons why they think DW is good or bad. You are not doing any of that instead you are massaging your inconsequential ego.

If you have your reasons why Dreamweaver is so bad, let us hear, thats all I can tell you.

Heavy!!
W3c incompatible
Supports poor code, because it's a wysiwyg editor obviously

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you. If you've never used sublime text, you should give it a trial.

Dreamweaver has built up a bad rep, and whether it improves on its plain text editor or not, there are others better in that category today.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by onyengbu: 5:04pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

Heavy!!
W3c incompatible
Supports poor code, because it's a wysiwyg editor obviously

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you. If you've never used sublime text, you should give it a trial.

Dreamweaver has built up a bad rep, and whether it improves on its plain text editor or not, there are others better in that category today.
Somebody just asked you up here, does DW generate your codes for you in code view?

If the code you created is W3c incompatible it is your fault not Dreamweaver's.
You have stubbornly kept mentioning WYSIWYG and it is suddenly becoming clear to me that either you have never opened DW code view or you have not even used DW at all.

I have used your Sublime text and it is also good but there are things DW can do for me that it cant.

So my question: do you know what DW code view is?

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 5:13pm On May 20, 2015
onyengbu:

Somebody just asked you up here, does DW generate your codes for you in code view?

You have stubbornly kept mentioning WYSIWYG and it is suddenly becoming clear to me that either you have never opened DW code view or you have not even used DW at all.

I have used your Sublime text and it is also good but there are things DW can do for me that it cant.

To me it seems the guy has never installed , opened or used DW @ all , and he is here writing rubbish . To me DW is an editor not even a WYSIWYG .
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 20, 2015
josieboy55:

SMH for u , u ve a blocked brain . Does Dreamweaver generate custom code for those using code view

Did I mention code view or design view? You will never see anyone serious about w3c standards using wysiwyg

The guy talking about Dreamweaver having functions and being predictive, has probably never used some other text editor
it has linters for JavaScript, PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, Perl and Objective-C, that makes you a better programmer

Tonnes of plug-ins are available for sublime text
It is gorgeous, blazingly fast, awesome prediction and code completion
Have you heard of sublimegit?
Is it the shortcuts? A simple, press & hold 'control+D' selects all text the same as any highlighted and can be edited in real-time (a tip of the iceberg)
Ease of installing packages?

I just mentioned a few

You must live in a hole if you think Dreamweaver is the best editor
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 20, 2015
onyengbu:

OK, what can Dreamweaver do that sublime text cannot? I would really like you to mention those features, let's see who did not fully test or understand either of the editors

I have replied the statement in bold.

I just mentioned a few. If you fully understood sublime text, you'll never leave it for Dreamweaver.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by IbroSaunks(m): 5:26pm On May 20, 2015
Which one be protocol? Na TCP/IP?

Anyways, since I'm mainly a backend person I use good ol' Eclipse or IntelliJ, even for editing JavaScript...Used Dreamweaver back in 2010 when I learnt basic PHP and MySQL. Dreamweaver is hardly in vogue anymore I believe.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by onyengbu: 5:34pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

I have replied the statement in bold.
No you did not and its obvious you want back-and-forth. I really dont have time for that now...
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by pak: 5:55pm On May 20, 2015
I guess the reason why we are having this argument is the fact that in all probability, 90% of nigerians actually use the hacked version of dreamweaver. At a price of over a N100k, I doubt if there will be any dreamweaver user in Nigeria if not for hackers
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Kennycss: 5:55pm On May 20, 2015
what if i told you the IDE you use you dont use up to 50 percent of its functionality.

Pls dont insult DW, it was once the best thing that happened to the web.

I also love sublime, notepad++, and brackets-these guys are really light

DW fellas, we rock!

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 20, 2015
piicity:
I am always wondering why people like using dreamweaver for webdesign. Pls is it the only webdesigner

I don't use dreamweaver again. I use templates and cms. Edit them with frontpage
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by resultcase(m): 6:25pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

Keep booming in your ignorance, that's why we keep having ugly, static websites. I can't point to one single unique, dynamic Nigerian website. Few are built with ordinary bootstrap.

Even the best e-commerce websites we have here, jumia and konga, are hardly responsive on capable mobile Web browsers.

We build websites in this country like we are building it for 2008 opera mini mobile browser. Smh

@onyengbu

You are newbie.

I am very sure you know nothing about css frameworks, or how to build dynamic, responsive websites

Dreamweaver is not built for serious Web designers, it is only in Nigeria that this is still a debate.

ignorance? thats a harsh word to use there, thats if you had read my post at all. I wouldn't justify to what extent I understand the subject in question and I wouldn't involve myself in a battle of who knows best in this forum (or any at all).

Now if you had actually read my post, you'll see that I clearly stated that I prefer Sublime Text and Notepad++, infact the last time I used DW should be over 3 years ago.

The point I was making was that your personal preference for other programs doesnt give you the right to condemn DW to "just another drag and drop editor". I built dynamic and good websites with DW before I came to know of other editors.

If you play around DW very well, you'll discover that it can actually reduce your workload to some reasonable extent.

I dont use it for personal reasons and among those reasons is the load time compared to Sublime/Notepad++.

So dont think others are ignorant when they make their points...... Especially when you IGNORANTLY refuse to read and understand the point they were making.

And calling Bootstrap Ordinary shows the level at which you appreciate good work. Mind you, bootstrap is the best thing to ever happen to Creative Artists in recent time.

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by absyinka(m): 6:26pm On May 20, 2015
DW is the best tool for coders... Trust me, I have used Notepad++, Sublime Text and even Komodo text editor, so far DW stands out best amongst all I just mention...

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 20, 2015
resultcase:

ignorance? thats a harsh word to use there, thats if you had read my post at all. I wouldn't justify to what extent I understand the subject in question and I wouldn't involve myself in a battle of who knows best in this forum (or any at all).

Now if you had actually read my post, you'll see that I clearly stated that I prefer Sublime Text and Notepad++, infact the last time I used DW should be over 3 years ago.

The point I was making was that your personal preference for other programs doesnt give you the right to condemn DW to "just another drag and drop editor". I built dynamic and good websites with DW before I came to know of other editors.

If you play around DW very well, you'll discover that it can actually reduce your workload to some reasonable extent.

I dont use it for personal reasons and among those reasons is the load time compared to Sublime/Notepad++.

So dont think others are ignorant when they make their points...... Especially when you IGNORANTLY refuse to read and understand the point they were making.

And calling Bootstrap Ordinary shows the level at which you appreciate good work. Mind you, bootstrap is the best thing to ever happen to Creative Artists in recent time.

I meant ordinary in terms of its the more common and ubiquitous framework, compared to others.

Anyway, I'm sorry for calling you ignorant, and I'm not trying to prove who knows best.

@others

Most of those saying they've used sublime text, and found DW better, do not understand sublime. I'll advise they Google it's features and peculiarities, while watching YouTube videos at the same time.

Someone even mention basic things such as autocompletion, something zen plug-in can do to virtually any text-editor out there.

I might sound like I-know-it-all, but a simple Google search might save you all hours, days, if not months, in front of your computers, on the long run.

Adios.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Xtracoool(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2015
I
onyengbu:

If it was not designed to serve as text editor why does it have the code view? Why does it have code auto completion and syntax highlighting? The part about it being made for graphic designers will shock even the makers of the software.
The thing here is that people like saying that DW is for amateurs just to make themselves feel like pro (i dont mean you).
Dreamweaver have code and design view and which one you decide to switch to determines your level of competitiveness. I love DW so much because of code completion, syntax highlighting, search and replace, updating renamed files sitewide and other life saving features no one hardly mention when they talk down on DW. It is true that any serious coder have no business switching DW's design view or letting it create functions for you but those are not just what DW is all about. It is a much more advanced and useful tool.
DW is not dead like people like to say in public because most people still use it in the comfort of their computers just that there seem to be this stigma hanging over its shoulder that make people deny it in public.
That I am sure is connnected to the fact web design newbies also find unguided solace in making it a tool of choice.

Dreamweaver is bloated and clumsy to use
Dreamweaver code generation is a mess.
Pro web designers don't even do drag and drop

Have you ever tried plugin-reinforced sublimeText? It's a beauty.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by onyengbu: 7:14pm On May 20, 2015
Xtracoool:
I

Dreamweaver is bloated and clumsy to use
Dreamweaver code generation is a mess.
Pro web designers don't even do drag and drop

Have you ever tried plugin-reinforced sublime? It's a beauty.
how can you possibly read everything you quoted and still talk about drag and drop, code generation, bloated and clumsy?
Its like you guys just read some anti-DW blog posts, copy the terms you see there and jump in here to argue without even knowing what you are arguing about. Theres no sign that you read and comprehend what you are arguing about.
If you read my post which you copied, you woulda understand that I and some other people here are talking about using DW in code view and hence issue of code generation will not arise.
I am more convinced most anti-DW guys HERE are just here to claim Pro and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Xtracoool(m): 10:17pm On May 20, 2015
onyengbu:

how can you possibly read everything you quoted and still talk about drag and drop, code generation, bloated and clumsy?
Its like you guys just read some anti-DW blog posts, copy the terms you see there and jump in here to argue without even knowing what you are arguing about. Theres no sign that you read and comprehend what you are arguing about.
If you read my post which you copied, you woulda understand that I and some other people here are talking about using DW in code view and hence issue of code generation will not arise.
I am more convinced most anti-DW guys HERE are just here to claim Pro and nothing more.

I have used dreameweaver friend. And am not a pro designer. I also didn't copy and paste any article.
Admitted, I read your post in a hurry. Would have really written a longer post but am tired, so you win. I don't have the time to waste discussing dreamweaver. Just don't misguide beginners. Have a good nyt.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Journi2America(m): 11:26pm On May 20, 2015
creating a responsive site n attractive theme cms like worpress is d best...dreamwaver is good, buh users or visitors to your site will leave ur site quickly if it can adapt for mobile viewing..Media query knowledge we work best for simple business sites. buh.complex sites it not dat easy.to make it responsive. there are more than 12,000plugins for wordpress, that u can install an activate n make ur life a whole better.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by onyengbu: 4:29am On May 21, 2015
Xtracoool:

I have used dreameweaver friend. And am not a pro designer. I also didn't copy and paste any article.
Admitted, I read your post in a hurry. Would have really written a longer post but am tired, so you win. I don't have the time to waste discussing dreamweaver. Just don't misguide beginners. Have a good nyt.
Never knew it was a win or lose situation for you. Meanwhile good to admit you didnt read my post well before you replied. It would have made a lot of difference if you did.
Finally, if you are a beginner yourself how would you know who is misguiding you or what amounts to misguide?
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 8:24am On May 21, 2015
Xtracoool:

You are definitely a beginner .
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Chicallisto: 8:42am On May 21, 2015
I don't see Dreamwaves as the best editor, come to think of it there are so many WYSIWYG editors avaliable( like Kompozer and Amaya). When it comes to code editor, i choose sublime text 3 or bluefish editor.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by ONWARDBABA: 8:45am On May 21, 2015
nice one
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Xtracoool(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2015
josieboy55:

You are definitely a beginner .
Lol. Ok.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Dmayor7(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2015
listen guys...

Be it as it may, coding by yourself using notepad, notepad++, sublime and other plain text-editors is the best... You have to admit the truth.

A beginner that learns with a wysiwyg program will always be a beginner. If you want to challenge your creative mind go raw....code raw...code from scratch.

I have nothing against wysiwyg programs because they really help a lot... Actually they are tremendous..

How will you react when you get an ecommerce site to bbuild from scratch under one week? wysiwyg programs will come to the rescue.

But i still say this....wysiwyg programs have limitations...there is no doubt about that...there are some certain functions you need to raw code for you to get your desired effect. That is why every pro webmaster have to get at let one of this wysiwyg programs to help him when faced with limited time, but you don't have to rely on it.

Now to the beginner and would be webmaster i say unto you.... Desist and run away from any wysiwyg programs if you really want to be a terrific webmaster. Not only that, by not using wysiwyg programs you fasten your learning rate and expands your creative mind. Later on when you have/mastered the art of web designing you can then start using it as a helper to you not as a must for you.

I wrote an article concerning this debate on [url=w3programs.com/teach-yourself-web-designing-vs-wysiwyg-programs/]teach yourself web designing vs WYSIWYG programs[/url]. Check it out and understand the issue better. Also every would be webmaster and beginners ought to check [url=w3programs.com/teach-yourself-web-designing-vs-wysiwyg-programs/]this[/url] out because it is worth it.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 10:09am On May 21, 2015
Dmayor7:
listen guys...

Be it as it may, coding by yourself using notepad, notepad++, sublime and other plain text-editors is the best... You have to admit the truth.

A beginner that learns with a wysiwyg program will always be a beginner. If you want to challenge your creative mind go raw....code raw...code from scratch.

I have nothing against wysiwyg programs because they really help a lot... Actually they are tremendous..

How will you react when you get an ecommerce site to bbuild from scratch under one week? wysiwyg programs will come to the rescue.

But i still say this....wysiwyg programs have limitations...there is no doubt about that...there are some certain functions you need to raw code for you to get your desired effect. That is why every pro webmaster have to get at let one of this wysiwyg programs to help him when faced with limited time, but you don't have to rely on it.

Now to the beginner and would be webmaster i say unto you.... Desist and run away from any wysiwyg programs if you really want to be a terrific webmaster. Not only that, by not using wysiwyg programs you fasten your learning rate and expands your creative mind. Later on when you have/mastered the art of web designing you can then start using it as a helper to you not as a must for you.

I wrote an article concerning this debate on [url=w3programs.com/teach-yourself-web-designing-vs-wysiwyg-programs/]teach yourself web designing vs WYSIWYG programs[/url]. Check it out and understand the issue better. Also every would be webmaster and beginners ought to check [url=w3programs.com/teach-yourself-web-designing-vs-wysiwyg-programs/]this[/url] out because it is worth it.

So what you are saying in essence is that you can't code raw with Dreamweaver ?
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Dmayor7(m): 10:38am On May 21, 2015
josieboy55:

So what you are saying in essence is that you can't code raw with Dreamweaver ?

Not at all because dreamweaver has a wysiwyg interface and a text-editor one too. But i hope you have coded with notepad not notepad++?

Notice the difference? It is what brings out the intellect in you and fires your imagination and inspiration up...sending it on a marathon race... Have you been in a situation of debugging a badly written website with a notepad not notepad++ or sublime or any other text-editor that highlights syntax for you? You should know what am saying if you have because that is the most boring and hard thing to do. But after getting it right, trust me, you have attained a new level in your web development cycle.

Kudos...
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2015
Dmayor7:

Not at all because dreamweaver has a wysiwyg interface and a text-editor one too. But i hope you have coded with notepad not notepad++?

Notice the difference? It is what brings out the intellect in you and fires your imagination and inspiration up...sending it on a marathon race... Have you been in a situation of debugging a badly written website with a notepad not notepad++ or sublime or any other text-editor that highlights syntax for you? You should know what am saying if you have because that is the most boring and hard thing to do. But after getting it right, trust me, you have attained a new level in your web development cycle.

Kudos...

so i should migrate to using Notepad against DW to attain a new level in web development when i have tons of uncompleted projects .

i have used notepad and notepad ++ when i started out . nowadays i need to get the job done faster which DW helps me achieve. what do i achieve in using notepad or notepad ++ at my present stage ?
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by onyengbu: 10:57am On May 21, 2015
Dmayor7:

Kudos...

The question he asked was if you cant code raw with DW since your previous post was classifying DW as just wysiwyg.
This last explanation you gave confused me so much that I cannot place what your position is on the debate.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Dmayor7(m): 2:46pm On May 21, 2015
josieboy55:

so i should migrate to using Notepad against DW to attain a new level in web development when i have tons of uncompleted projects .

i have used notepad and notepad ++ when i started out . nowadays i need to get the job done faster which DW helps me achieve. what do i achieve in using notepad or notepad ++ at my present stage ?

It seems you are not getting me right...

I said something about when you get lot of things in your hands to do under a limited time.. Then dreamweaver comes to the rescue.

I am a student of the old schools of thought that likes to take the longer and hard road because we believe it will make us hard, and flexible and help build our endurance... Applying this to web development, i most atimes don't like things to be made easy for me rather that i will make things easy for myself through experiments, mistakes, corrections, and endurance. I think that is why i am a self-learner.... I think that is why i didn't attend any computer college yet i once taught in one. I think that is why i own a wordpress website, bought a domain, and hosted it all by myself in a day and now am taking good care of it...without anybody help.

Well, our choices are different...but what i emphazise more on, is that beginners need not learn with any wysiwyg programs because they will get to miss a lot..... Agreed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor of Poker 3 unlimited chips hack cheat tool download Android iOS / Whogohost Or Qservers: Which Host Should I Use? (poll) / On Airtel: Get 4gb + N1000 Free Airtime, All For Just N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.