Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival (3443 Views)

Graphic Photos From Ghana Gas Explosion / Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Paris Terrorists Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2015
I was reading about some world's extreme festivals when l came across the Spanish San Fermin Festival - Running of the Bulls

l have always known about it, with all the attendant injuries and occasional deaths, but l never knew the extent of the injuries till l did a little digging online.

Now, after seeing these images, l could not help but wonder whether to call this a festival or sheer madness!

Read a brief history of the festival here
http://www.thenationalstudent.com/International/2011-07-11/The_death_of_a_tradition.html

3 Shares

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2015
(Graphic lmages)

It will interest you to know that despite these horrific injuries, there have been only 15 recorded deaths since 1924!

1 Share

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by fromnigeria(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2015
Feastival... Your Village own fit worse pass this one, who know?

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 8:15pm On May 19, 2015
More pictures loading...

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by coolebux(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2015
Retards

Are we to say sorry or what

#mtcheeeew
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2015
No words

1 Share

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2015
Horrific

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 9:47pm On May 19, 2015
Brutal

1 Share

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 9:56pm On May 19, 2015
Yikes!

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 9:56pm On May 19, 2015
Here we go

1 Share

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2015
fromnigeria:
Feastival... Your Village own fit worse pass this one, who know?
What do l make of this?
undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:26pm On May 20, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 10:30pm On May 20, 2015
Raging bulls.

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by deriod(m): 6:23pm On May 21, 2015
o boy ,dis is madness.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by donkarly(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2015
deriod:
o boy ,dis is madness.
Pure madness

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by missKiffy(f): 6:02pm On May 22, 2015
This one is not a festival, it's madness

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
donkarly:

Pure madness
It beats me that these people really derive pleasure from something as dangerous as thisundecided
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
missKiffy:
This one is not a festival, it's madness
Concerned people have moved to ban this festival, not even because of the dangers, but because of animal cruelty; the people vehemently opposed the move saying they would lose their cultural identity were that to happen.
Who will blame them?
The festival has been there for centuries.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Sagamite(m): 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fcking HELL!

I wanna go to this! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sagamite:
Fcking HELL!

I wanna go to this! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
As a participant or a spectator
Sounds like you are an adrenaline junkiegrin
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Sagamite(m): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Defcon1:

As a participant or a spectator
Sounds like you are an adrenaline junkiegrin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2428551_notitle2656_jpega0659bd1a239786ab2d554129189e074

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

As a FCKING spectator.

You don't understand how much I love myself and my life. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ-5g71Ss5s

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Defcon1(m): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2015
Sagamite:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2428551_notitle2656_jpega0659bd1a239786ab2d554129189e074

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

As a FCKING spectator.

You don't understand how much I love myself and my life. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ-5g71Ss5s

gringrin
Na so life they sweet you??
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Sagamite(m): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2015
Defcon1:

gringrin
Na so life they sweet you??

Life is sweet, precious and meaningful o.

It is always Oyinbo guys that are always looking for different ways to kill themselves.

I AM BLAAAAAAAAAAACK! grin grin grin

I wanna live! grin

Na Oyinbo go say, "You know what? This life is too good and easy! I am gonna go and climb Everest and see if I survive". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I would rather climb into a nice car. grin
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by 50calibre(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
And why people choose to partake in this idiocy is just beyond me. Is the adrenaline rush worth the risk?

Why should any sane individual place himself in the way of a 1500Lb+ raging bull, a beast strong enough to maul a grown lion to death..

Self preservation seems to be something intrinsically lacking in white folks.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by cap28: 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
This is pure barbarism. The poor animal is taunted and humiliated into reacting in this way, I have no sympathy for these demonic spanish bastards.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
Well, a beautiful festival. I like it and wouldn't mind going.
Don't forget machismo does not regard intelligence and humans are prone to engaging in feats of recklessness if they see like-minds participating.

Those saying its barbaric, tell me; is it more barbaric than festivals practiced yearly in your villages whereby for a whole month everybody stays indoors after 20:00 for the fear of getting killed by masquerades? Only when you criticize that can you come here and make noise about another man's culture.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
Seun or ishilove, this is an interesting stuff now. move it to fp
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by blackjack21(m): 12:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Op the is actually a bit difference between this two.

this is a bull race. (just like temple run grin) and it is the main festival. Anybody is allowed to run here, spanish or not.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2428535_americanbenjaminmilley20abovewashurtatthecarnavaldeltorofestivalinciudadrodrigospain_jpeg25df442d569ce71c5de5f082fb0100c3

while this one is the real bull FIGHTING. It is only performed by Matadors in a circus.

If it were in Africa they do say we're backward and archaic.
Have you ever seen their Tomato festival? That when you will know those bastar*d are full of wastages. Can you imagine, container over container of Tomatoes just to be trampled upon in the street.

00:12:57
Wed, Jul 15, 2015
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by blackjack21(m): 12:20am On Jul 15, 2015
cap28:
This is pure barbarism. The poor animal is taunted and humiliated into reacting in this way, I have no sympathy for these demonic spanish bastards.

What actually makes it fight is that they get it heavily drugged.

00:19:02
Wed, Jul 15, 2015
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by BlackBaron: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2015
Humans get impaled on a bull's horn.
They called it 'animal cruelty' undecided

Of course, not without saying that the fools probably got what they deserved for deciding to foolishly confront an antagonised creature.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Spanish Bullfighting Festival by vedaxcool(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Tooo grisly i prefer believing it was photoshop.

(1) (Reply)

Michelle Obama Responds To Kanye West's Recent Comments / Gunmen Opened Fire On Crown King Salman Khan Of Saudi Arabia At Function / Video:suicide Bomber Shot Dead By Isreali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.