Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Oluwatoyin - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Oluwatoyin (504 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oluwatoyin by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 19, 2015
This story was writen by Benjamin Nicholas A.K.A Benzics
mail benjaminnicholas29@gmail.com

This is my first trial though smiley

All characters in this literal piece are of my own imaginations, and bears no resemblance to anyone.

Dont mind my Diction. smiley

[img]http://chocolatechutzpah.files./2011/07/african_american_woman_crying_bld040554.jpg[/img]

*Toyin Narrates*

I woke up clapping my hands on the mosquitos who wouldnt let me be, it has been barely a year now since my parents Mr and Mrs Tolu Adenuga died in a ghastly motor accident, which the mystery behind their deaths was unknown.

Since then my life has been full of pains and sorrows but i never stopped praying to God. Although My parents were very Rich, my dad was among the richest personalities in our village, but why was i suffering?

It all started 2days after my parents were found dead, my uncle Jide walked in, accusing me of things i know nothing about.

Jide: "Little witch, you have succeeded in killing my brother and his wife, and you think you can get away with this."

Me: *confused* "wha... What ar.. Are you saying?" I stammered.

Jide: "Dont ask me as if you dont know! You have killed your parents so that you can inherit all they have and share it with those jobless boys you call boy friends, how wicked!"

Me: I was weak "me? Kill my parents? Why on earth would i do that?" i said amidst tears.

Jide: "Dont try to act innocent because i knew you from day one, mtcheew"

my grand ma and sympathizers were all at the scene, my grand ma interrupted.

Grand Ma: "stop this Jide, have you lost your conscience? Your brother and his wife died barely two days now and you are here accusing his only daughter, someone you should be sympathizing with? Jide i doubt if i am realy your mother Ọlọrun yio ṣe idajọ ti o ba(God will judge you)"

Jide: "Mami, that is your own problem, whether she likes it or not she must swear an oath by drinking the water used in bathing her parents"

Grand Ma: "Dont mami me!"

Did he just say swear an oath? Drink the water used in bathing the dead?

Me: "God forbid, i will never do such a thing, that is against my religion"

Jide: "You will never do such abi? Wait until you are sent out of this village, Witch!"

Grand Ma: "You will do no such thing!"

Jide left banging the door behind him.

Now i was crying more, my grand ma and sympathizers consoling me that nothing will happen.

What could i have done to this man to receive such a treatment? Jide was someone who was furnished so well by my late dad, how would my dad be feeling now seeing what Jide is doing to his only child.

"Mummy, Daddy why did you do this to me" i said almost silently with my pained voice.

A week later after my parents burial, i was inside praying and crying, "i have no other one but you father, be with me in this hard times", i barely ended the prayer when my Uncle Jide and his kinsmen barged in without knocking.

Jide: "witch go and park your belongings and leave this village, yes this village, Aje"

Me: tears has filled my eyes and my vision is now blur "what..? Please aburo(uncle) you cant do this to me, please" now crying out.

Jide: "Dont uncle me, park and leave!"

"you heard him, park and leave" one Baba Lukman said.

Me: "Baba, even you"

This were the people that always ran to my dad when they were in need, but what is going on?

Baba Lukman: "maṣe pe mi , wicked witch"

I couldn't believe this, or was i dreaming?

Watch out for episode 2, but your comment is welcomed

(1) (Reply)

Teddyson / Let’s “go Over” Some Business…phrasal Verbs! / My Journey As A Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.