Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders (1916 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Declares Nationwide Strike, Shuts Down Stations / Avengers Warns NUPENG, PENGASSAN, Foreigners To Leave Oil Fields / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by arcdone(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2015
Oil Blocks Sale: PENGASSAN,
NUPENG Shut Down Oil
Facilities Nationwide
AGENCY REPORTS , Juliet Alohan
— May 19, 2015 6:
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff
Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) and the
National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas
Workers (NUPENG) have directed employees of the
Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), a
subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC), to shut down indefinitely their
locations and all oil production facilities nationwide in
a bid to force the minister of petroleum resources,
Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke and the federal
government to reverse the transfer of operatorship of
OMLs 42, 40 and 30.
THE WILLS also reports that the assets were
previously operated by Shell.
The directive to shut down the facilities was issued
yesterday by the executive councils of the
PENGASSAN and NUPENG.
A petroleum industry source with knowledge of the
development told the online medium that all branch
chairmen of the powerful unions have been directed to
fully implement the directive starting from tomorrow,
May 20, 2015.
The unions are aggrieved that the sale of the assets
did not follow due process and would affect the
fortunes of the NPDC and its workers.
Mr. Emeka Offor’s Elcrest Exploration and
Production Nigeria Limited, a joint venture company of
Eland Oil & Gas Plc, was awarded the operatorship
of OML 40, while Mr. Ernest Ezedialu Obiejesi’s
NECONDE is the operator of OML 42.
Sources in the sector say three flow stations have
already been shut down in the creeks of the Niger
Delta ahead of tomorrow’s total shutdown.
Nigeria is the largest producer of crude oil in Africa
with an estimated daily production capacity of 2.2
million barrels per day.
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by armadeo(m): 9:14pm On May 19, 2015
shit!!!!!!

** grabs jerrycan*** ( why is it called jerrycan sef?) runs to the filling station!!!
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by Royaltriplee: 9:19pm On May 19, 2015
Source?
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by xreal: 9:20pm On May 19, 2015
Source please.

BTW
Na by force to drive car?
Abeg, who get bicycle to dash me?
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by ki02020(m): 9:24pm On May 19, 2015
From frypan to fire situation...may GOD help us all
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by Young03(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2015
Naija wch way 4wd
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 9:42pm On May 19, 2015
armadeo:
shit!!!!!!

** grabs jerrycan*** ( why is it called jerrycan sef?) runs to the filling station!!!

Upstream sector, it seems downstream is not affected
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by arcdone(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2015
for those of yhu asking for source.. inna b thomas ni?...am doing my I.T in NNPC towers here in Abuja central area..a meeting was been held around 12 to 2 o clock pm ..after d outcome of the meeting. d declaration is been made…till further notice
And I hop u read d story calmly very well .so to understand wht yhu are reading
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by arcdone(m): 9:45pm On May 19, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Upstream sector, it seems downstream is not affected
yea. yhu are right yhu sabi
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 19, 2015
The one
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by isi4(m): 10:17pm On May 19, 2015
arcdone:
for those of yhu asking for source.. inna b thomas ni?...am doing my I.T in NNPC towers here in Abuja central area..a meeting was been held around 12 to 2 o clock pm ..after d outcome of the meeting. d declaration is been made…till further notice

I won't doubt what you have said...because I called someone today who works in NNPC towers at abt the stated time you said, I observed that the place he was then was too noisy(the background)....He told me to call back that they were in a meeting currently.
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by arcdone(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2015
isi4:

I won't doubt what you have said...because I called someone today who works in NNPC towers at abt the stated time you said, I observed that the place he was then was too noisy(the background)....He told me to call back that they were in a meeting currently.
yup... datz d truth . God bless you Broda
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by BlackTechnology: 10:44pm On May 19, 2015
Why didn't these same people protest against oil wells owned by Northerners

Jonathan give new oil wells to people of Lower Niger.

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Service which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

Remember that your ancestors never allowed the Oduduwas deceive them

WISE UP wink wink wink cool
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:14pm On May 19, 2015
This is rubbish shell a Dutch coy we are trying to encourage indigenous coy not by allocating blocks to those who will lease them out, Besides shell has a lot of abundant wells in Delta due to unrest, this guyz just want to show there foolishness b4 u know it now Pirate activity, Bunkery, vandalism and kidnapping will fully be activated. ....Mtewww
Re: NNPC Commence Strike… As NUPENG & PENGASSAN Orders by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
arcdone:
hello,
pls which section of nnpc subsidiary handles crude oil exports?

(1) (Reply)

We Warned Tinubu That Northern Allies Will Betray Him- Fani Kayode / Senator's Corpse Found Dead In A Pond Behind His Home In Ebonyi / 20 Out Of 21 Anti Aircraft Guns Missing From Nig. Army In North East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.