Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant (34586 Views)

"Obama Features In Advert For Lagos Restaurant". Photo / Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? / Latitude-cafe Restaurant Waiters Use Hoverboards To Serve Customers In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by fpeter(f): 10:29am On May 20, 2015
what you should be looking at first is location.
1. Rental
2. Furniture and Decor
3. Cooking Utensils and Kitchen Wares
4. Deep freezer and good refrigerator
5. At least 2 Microwaves
6. A/C units
7. Cable TV
8. At least 2 staff to help you (start them up with 20-30k)

Above all make sure you are extremely hygienic and your food has quality and is affordable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:29am On May 20, 2015
extremelygolden:
It also depends on the quality of the food you want to be selling and your targeted customers. For instance, we might be running the same business in the same location, while you opt to selling a plate of rice, let's say for N250.00, I might decide to sell mine for N1000.00. Sometimes your own food might even be sweeter, but my packaging and/or branding might make a certain class prefer my resturant, even when your service seem far cheaper.

Everything depends on how you want it, bros. And you must heed the advise given to you earlier about registering your business cos you never can tell when you'll really need it (i.e. if you think otherwise now).

I wish you God's favour.

Thanks man... it will be a classy restaurant... not as expensive as the most expensvie

and not as cheap as the most cheap...

I want the pricing to be optimal.. so that all class of the society can come in

although... will it be bad if i had a VIP section in the restaurant..?

dont want to be the segregate type... but i feel some people fall for VIP things...

Once more..Thanks for your advice

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by Dollarchap(m): 10:31am On May 20, 2015
mashnino:

Thanks for the advice.... I appreciate
[size=16pt]Follow the link below to read detailed information on how to go about registering the business
http://www.businessinfohub.com/2015/05/18/how-to-register-your-businesscompany-in-nigeria/[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by Nobody: 10:32am On May 20, 2015
Ok
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by extremelygolden: 10:36am On May 20, 2015
mashnino:

Thanks man... it will be a classy restaurant... not as expensive as the most expensvie

and not as cheap as the most cheap...

I want the pricing to be optimal.. so that all class of the society can come in

although... will it be bad if i had a VIP section in the restaurant..?

dont want to be the segregate type... but i feel some people fall for VIP things...

Once more..Thanks for your advice

If it's a storey building you can manage the segregation, but if it's just on the same floor, honestly I don't know how that will work cos I can't imagine myself walking in and probably because of my physical appearance which might be a misconception (let's say on my way from a function I checked in to have a bite) and you serve me a bit higher than I can afford, or vice versa, you know that wouldn't really go well. But if's a storey building, of course, it'll be easier to put things in their right place (if you understand what I mean).

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by femlordus(m): 10:41am On May 20, 2015
My dear, it is better you start as a roadside food vendor first

4 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:42am On May 20, 2015
naijainfogalery:
this isnt the best place to ask the question or lemme say before someone can give you a reasonable answer you need to provide some details . For example the amount you will use to build a restaurant in Egbeda might not even rent a building in Victoria island. So provide the following \
- Are you looking at a fast food or restaurant
- Are you renting or buying or building
- When u mean restaurant, you need to give a proper description cos when you say restaurant it means diferent thing to different people for me the idea of a proper restaurant is yellow chillis, rodizio, jevenik, ocean basket etc
- What kind of food are you looking at continental dishes, local, foreign etc cos that will determine a lot of things like the interior, location, furniture, etc

if you can supply this answers then may be we can help you

The location will be Kaduna for now..but i plan to expand to other part of the north

I am looking at a classy restaurant like what they have in VI/Ikoyi not a fast food

I will have to rent a place for start before i can have enough to buy or build my own place

I mean a real restaurant that run on cashless policy and provide good service

Continental dishes but just Nigerian continental dishes though... i feel like other tribes need to taste some or most of other people's delicacies

So.....is this enough information?....

waiting in anticipation for your reply

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:43am On May 20, 2015
MaleoPearls:
First and foremost, the location matters. If it is in a big City, then you need big capital. But if it is in a remote place, then 50K is enough. IMHO

ahn ahn...bross...50K...na zinc house be dat na..lol
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:45am On May 20, 2015
olexjay:
@ op, Let me give u a good tip: Try to visit some restaurant with a pen and paper then buy little food or snack, sit down and then you put down some of the things you saw there, you move future by knowing the price of those equipments and this will help you in making some estimation.

Most people here which are giving you advice don't own just a mini-mart shop not to talk of restaurant or eatry.

Going to some eatry/restaurant with help you make a good estimation on how much siting one will cost you.

And mostly the area where you will like to site the restaurant will also determine, meaning how much they will lease a land for you and how much you will spend on the building to use...

Best of wishes.

Thank you...been doing dat for close to 2 years now...all dat is left is to make inquiries about the items...

But i am still lost about the kitchen items though..neva bin to one before
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2015
cescky:
you can start without registering but the down side may be quite heavy

if your business becomes a success, people will forget the food you sell and will be sold onto your brand ie people will be coming because of the brand name not the food, just like every one calls detergents ''omo''even when they want something else, or tooth paste ''close up'' when they want another''

also if your registerd in the event of success you can always sell your name as a franchise....if not any one can drag your name and rteputation through the mud and claim its you

Franchising to me is kind of a bad idea.... not like i know anything about it

But i know it has caused Mr. Biggs alot...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:47am On May 20, 2015
booqee:
Good initiative but i have no idea. Just felt like commending you. smiley

Thank you..
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:48am On May 20, 2015
helphelp:
1k sha

Start by selling pure water...from there..ehen

You better stay in close range cos e be like say na u go my branding...
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2015
fpeter:
what you should be looking at first is location.
1. Rental
2. Furniture and Decor
3. Cooking Utensils and Kitchen Wares
4. Deep freezer and good refrigerator
5. At least 2 Microwaves
6. A/C units
7. Cable TV
8. At least 2 staff to help you (start them up with 20-30k)

Above all make sure you are extremely hygienic and your food has quality and is affordable.

Well noted... I appreciate...

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by olexjay(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2015
mashnino:

Thank you...been doing dat for close to 2 years now...all dat is left is to make inquiries about the items...

But i am still lost about the kitchen items though..neva bin to one before
make the inquiries very fast bro and about the kitchen items take away the fear in you, try to talk to any of a restaurant attendant, let him know ur aim so he can link u up with the chef working in the particular restaurant and he/she will enlighten u more.... Always take a step bro.
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by Dreamtouch: 10:50am On May 20, 2015
You can get a detailed and comprehensive business plan on Profitable Restaurant business contact 08037753199
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by talktrue1(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2015
TDonald:
2billion

Lol. Thats when he expects GEJ to come and eat there, you know he budgets N2b for food
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:51am On May 20, 2015
extremelygolden:

If it's a storey building you can manage the segregation, but if it's just on the same floor, honestly I don't know how that will work cos I can't imagine myself walking in and probably because of my physical appearance which might be a misconception (let's say on my way from a function I checked in to have a bite) and you serve me a bit higher than I can afford, or vice versa, you know that wouldn't really go well. But if's a storey building, of course, it'll be easier to put things in their right place (if you understand what I mean).

Nope...i am lost. plz explain to me
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by AAinEqGuinea: 10:51am On May 20, 2015
Research will by far be your biggest asset.

I'm in the States and occasionally assists a relative who wants to start a restaurant aggregate data of socioeconomic factors which will impact their proposed business.

I've heard that, at minimum, a year of planning, paperwork, and research is recommended before signing any leases or beginning construction.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:52am On May 20, 2015
olexjay:
make the inquiries very fast bro and about the kitchen items take away the fear in you, try to talk to any of a restaurant attendant, let him know ur aim so he can link u up with the chef working in the particular restaurant and he/she will enlighten u more.... Always take a step bro.

Hmmm.. i hope the manager doesnt come out to break my head oooo...

I will give it a go... Thanks man
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mashnino(m): 10:53am On May 20, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
Research will by far be your biggest asset.

I'm in the States and occasionally assists a relative who wants to start a restaurant aggregate data of socioeconomic factors which will impact their proposed business.

I've heard that, at minimum, a year of planning and research is recommended before signing any leases or beginning construction.

Okay..thank you....
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by AAinEqGuinea: 10:55am On May 20, 2015
wishes there were more topics like this on fp
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by olexjay(m): 10:59am On May 20, 2015
mashnino:

Hmmm.. i hope the manager doesnt come out to break my head oooo...

I will give it a go... Thanks man
bro, that's why I say u should take off the spirit of fear in u and then take a step, not necessary u ask for permission to walk into their kitchen, just talk to the chef so that he/she can just help u put down the equipment they use in the kitchen and after that u can just give the chef little money even 5h to buy card, this is just in case u need more info he/she will gladly tell you and will even give u more idea and advice over wat u wanna embark on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by naijainfogalery: 11:02am On May 20, 2015
I am not familiar with rents in the north,
You will be in the best to answer the question, kindly divide into the following category
1. rent
2. Furniture
3 Foods
4. Equipments
5. Generator
6. License
7. Expertise
mashnino:

The location will be Kaduna for now..but i plan to expand to other part of the north

I am looking at a classy restaurant like what they have in VI/Ikoyi not a fast food

I will have to rent a place for start before i can have enough to buy or build my own place

I mean a real restaurant that run on cashless policy and provide good service

Continental dishes but just Nigerian continental dishes though... i feel like other tribes need to taste some or most of other people's delicacies

So.....is this enough information?....

waiting in anticipation for your reply
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by fpeter(f): 11:03am On May 20, 2015
mabeni:
it depense

when people use words a lot without bothering to know their spellings.

DEPENDS undecided
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by AAinEqGuinea: 11:14am On May 20, 2015
femlordus:
My dear, it is better you start as a roadside food vendor first

not a bad idea at all, depending on @op's proposed menu

I was reading a Business post of a Nigerian's onion business. She lacks a fancy presentation and appears she's known by the strength of her word and product, qualities that go a long way especially if she wants to grow her business.
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by extremelygolden: 11:16am On May 20, 2015
mashnino:

Nope...i am lost. plz explain to me

Which is it that you need clarification on?
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by TDonald: 11:33am On May 20, 2015
talktrue1:

Lol. Thats when he expects GEJ to come and eat there, you know he budgets N2b for food
Exactly

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by mabeni(m): 12:02pm On May 20, 2015
fpeter:

when people use words a lot without bothering to know their spellings.
DEPENDS undecided
thanks for d correction brov!

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 20, 2015
You have to first of all consider the location,then if you're looking to either let or lease at least the size of a standard 3/bedroom size apartment,then the equipments and cooking utensils e.g pressure cookers,ovens,a/c fans,fyfurnitures,heat extractor,cutlleries'light/fittings, TV,receipt machine,etc. As at 2005 that I started my eatery,I purchased all that I listed above and more including ice cream machine and even industrial cake mixers,I spent not less than 8million naira. Now it could be more or less depending on the kind of restaurant you're opening. If its a regular average restaurant,you might not spend up to 3m for a start. I wish you better luck!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by U2ice(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2015
MaleoPearls:
First and foremost, the location matters. If it is in a big City, then you need big capital. But if it is in a remote place, then 50K is enough. IMHO

50k ke....d guy sey him no wan open roadside food vendor
Re: How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant by Originalsly: 12:40pm On May 20, 2015
It just amazes me how people always want to start from the top. As far as I can see......OP has no clue about starting nor running a business ...not even roadside business... and to make matters worse has no intentions of doing any research on his own. He just want to be spoon fed. Restaurant business is not for lazy people period....the bitter truth.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Urgent : Corporate Affairs Commission - Name Search And Incorporation / CBN Weakens Naira To 307/dollar For First Time (dailytrust) / Top 10 Famous Markets In Nigeria And What They Are Famous For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.