Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches (1484 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis / The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2015
In recent times,the popularity of pastors have soared and Nigeria can boast of a very fair market share.
The glamour and glitz around pastors these days makes it hard to believe they were God sent.
Take for example the famous pastor who rips people of their wealth with words,said he was going to open the gates of hell to a political party who was seeking to take over power though legal means. And I begin to wonder,where the will of God is in this outburst. And true to Gods words His will came to pass after the elections and Gods choice has emerged.
And I begin to wonder now,who God really opened up the gates of hell to?
The bible say that "God hates divorce". But yet a man and woman of God who always said that they were called into marriage to serve God and draw people to Him, made public knowledge, their intention to go for a divorce. Consequently the true word of God will be compromised on their lips concerning Gods true stand on divorce. Their purported heaven assisted union becomes false.
It has become public knowledge that some Nigerian pastors collected billions of naira from a desperate incompetent president in an ailing economy. Instead of chastising him,they encouraged him.Guru Maharaji wasn't left out in the scramble for state wealth. What a shame on them all. How thoughtful of them. They probably want to get the money out of government hands to help the needy populace. But the answer is no!
They want to own private jets and join the league of billionaire pastors.Really they have become billion naira pastors,that's why they were settled in billions.
In all these I wonder where the will of God exists? And the truth dawns on me that these men have become the "god of men".
When it is now a common thing to hear,Daddy this said,daddy that said. Mummy this said or mummy that said. And I ask my self. What does God say nowadays?Nothing?Ok I remember what God says, "bring your tithes into the house of God". "Sow your first seed unto the house of God","touch not my anointed". Who anointed a fake thieving pastor like you?Your guess was right....nobody!
Poverty has made people gullible in their search for overnight success. Modern day "money doublers".Confidence tricksters who tell people to pay them tithe and see if their money would not magically triple ten times over.
Money that would be given to you miraculously by an invisible spirit Being. But wisely they want their physical reward first from you, a mere mortal being then the spirit Father will reward you for giving them money to acquire private jets.
How beautiful. But I promise you that one day the wrath of the almighty God shall come upon every so called "man of God" who obtained money from his congregation to pursue the pleasures of this world instead of striving for the good of all men. This is my prayer for all you god of men.

2 Likes

Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by ojimbo(m): 10:12am On May 20, 2015
@OP. i believed some of you are now waking up from sleep, your points here are just selfish desires from the pastors and that is the least i expected from them. how i wish you know how many families that has been put to confusions as a result of prophecy from the god of men.
there was a serious fight between a husband and wife in my own yard some time ago. guess what was the cause of the fight? the spiritual God of men of the husband reviewed to him that his wife traveled to Lagos to meet one of his boy friend. that was why the man started having quarrels with his wife.

i still maintain that Religion is a fraud in Africa

1 Like

Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by dulux07(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2015
Well said
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 10:38am On May 20, 2015
ojimbo:
@OP. i believed some of you are now waking up from sleep, your points here are just selfish desires from the pastors and that is the least i expected from them. how i wish you know how many families that has been put to confusions as a result of prophecy from the god of men.
there was a serious fight between a husband and wife in my own yard some time ago. guess what was the cause of the fight? the spiritual God of men of the husband reviewed to him that his wife traveled to Lagos to meet one of his boy friend. that was why the man started having quarrels with his wife.

Yes. Religion is a big fraud especially in Nigeria. And I pity the people who have become confused by them.
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 11:48am On May 20, 2015
dulux07:
Well said
Truth must be said at all times
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 1:17pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by obontami: 9:56pm On May 28, 2015
fyneboi79:
Yes. Religion is a big fraud especially in Nigeria. And I pity the people who have become confused by them.

your father is the role model for stupid people cool

1 Like

Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by An2elect2(f): 10:32pm On May 28, 2015
Don't be ashamed to name names. Those heretical idio.tic mongrels need lots of exposing. They have rubbished Christianity and attracted blasphemy from worldlings.

They've chased us away...well for good. Staying away from mainstream churches is extremely safe for any Christian.

The day i said good riddance... no one told me i did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by NumberOne2(m): 1:39am On May 29, 2015
ojimbo:

Well, there is religious fraud everywhere. It has been there since the time of the Apostles. Did you not hear of mass suicides in the 60's and 70's even 80's especially in the US?

But we are not detered, we look NOT unto men but unto Jesus.
"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:2

God judges men. He is just waiting for their cup to be full.
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 8:48am On Jun 03, 2015
obontami:

your father is the role model for stupid people cool
He who the gods want to kill,will first of all make mad grin
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by kay1one2(m): 11:53am On Jun 03, 2015
You can't even get a good bsc. Here criticising people who are not stealing from you!
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 7:05am On Jun 05, 2015
kay1one2:
You can't even get a good bsc. Here criticising people who are not stealing from you!
When did monkeys begin to talk?

*Abdullahi,pls take this monkey back to its cage grin*
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 7:33am On Jun 07, 2015
NumberOne2:

Well, there is religious fraud everywhere. It has been there since the time of the Apostles. Did you not hear of mass suicides in the 60's and 70's even 80's especially in the US?

But we are not detered, we look NOT unto men but unto Jesus.
"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:2

God judges men. He is just waiting for their cup to be full.
I really can't wait for that cup to get full.
Re: Mortal god of men in pentecostal churches by fyneboi79(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2015
An2elect2:
Don't be ashamed to name names. Those heretical idio.tic mongrels need lots of exposing. They have rubbished Christianity and attracted blasphemy from worldlings.

They've chased us away...well for good. Staying away from mainstream churches is extremely safe for any Christian.

The day i said good riddance... no one told me i did the right thing.
Best behavior

(1) (Reply)

God And Allah Are They The Same??? / Nigerian Man Arrested For Preaching On The Streets Of London. Photos / If We Are God's Children, Why Would He Send Us To Hell Forever For Sinning? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.