Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle (30257 Views)

Kogi Man Hit By An Unusual Type Of Cancer (Disturbing Photos) / Gombe Boy Can't Urinate After He Was Hit By Hit & Run Driver (Photos) / Miracle! Man,completly Cut In Half By Vehicle Accident Walk Again-pictures/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Ishilove: 11:10am On May 20, 2015
A 'Good' accident, recently occurred at Ugwuawarawa in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State. Thanks to the accident, a mentally-challenged 62 year old mother, Victoria, who was hit became sane again.

It would have sent the 62-year-old mother of four to her grave, but instead it served as the beginning of her healing process from the protracted mental illness that bedeviled her.

For well over three decades, Mrs. Ugwu, popularly known as Mama Nnenna, battled with Madness and many times gone stark naked as a result of her ill health.

The woman who has been staying at Total Roundabout in Nsukka, attracted the attention of Daily Sun when for over three months her whereabouts could not be accounted for.

A source revealed that after the accident, Mrs. Ugwu was rushed to Bishop Shanahan Hospital, Nsukka, by the driver of the car that hit her, though she refused all medical attention given to her by the hospital.

However, when Daily Sun visited her at GRA, Nsukka, where she is currently staying, she has changed from the dirty mad woman who specialized in collecting all sorts of dirty cloths and tying them around her waist, leg and head to a mentally stable mother. She was busy sweeping her room and cleaning her environment.

Mrs. Ugwu spoke in an emotive and hear-breaking voice: “I am here suffering; I don’t know what I did to people that I am put in this kind of condition. I believe that what is happening to me is not ordinary. Somebody did this to me”.

When asked about the whereabouts of her husband, she said she has not seen him and could not tell where he was.

On further enquiry to ascertain what actually was wrong with her, Mrs Ugwu, a mother of six, though two out them were said to have passed on, said her problem started about 30 years ago and wondered why she was in such an agonising situation:

“I was down there (pointing at Ugwuawara side) picking food in a dustbin when two children met me and asked me to stop picking anything there. But later they asked me to continue picking. Then, I continued but I did not know when a vehicle came and hit me. It knocked me down and ran over me.”

She could not tell where she was taken to. It was gathered that the driver of the car, who was said to be on evangelism mission, rushed her to Bishop Shanahan Hospital, Nsukka, where she was admitted for medical attention.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Ugwu was said to have left the hospital days later and found in a heap of refuse almost dead. Her neighbour, Mr. Paulinus Ezeaku, and his wife quickly took her out from the dirt to her residence.

Mrs. Ugwu’s daughter, Nnenna, explained that “what happened to my mother can best be described as miraculous healing. I have never seen such a rapid healing. I am so happy that she is now recovering though we are currently facing challenges of getting money to buy her drugs regularly.

“Her drugs cost like N15,000 monthly but presently, I don’t have such kind of money. Even her feeding is becoming increasing difficult for me because I am the only person staying with her. I am just a staff of Nsukka Local Government Area and you know the salary is not forthcoming regularly.”

Asked where she has been when all these years her mother was ill: “I have been with my uncle. Each and every time I came around Total filling station and saw her tattered and picking refuse from dumpsites, I always felt so bad. It was always heart rending and too difficult to imagine.”

Ezeaku said: “Her problem started as far back as 1984. She started by taking her children to the streets and refuse dump to pick some food. When her husband’s relations saw what was happening, they took the children away from her and she came back to stay with her husband who was then a driver with the local education authority.

“Few years after this, her husband disappeared and I alerted his relations about the development and they started looking for him. Later, they found him dead somewhere in Nsukka and took him to his village and buried him. Mrs Victoria continued living here all alone amassing all sorts of refuse to her house since all these three decades.”

On her present situation, Ezeaku: “When we went to see her at the hospital after the accident and discovered that she couldn’t receive any medication from the hospital, I reported to the police for permission to take her back to her house and also to treat her using both orthodox and herbal medicines. I was given the permission and I brought her back here and since then, she has been getting better by the day.

“The only problem we have now is finance. I am a retired director in the Nsukka Local Government Education Authority. I have not received my gratuity neither has the government paid me pension since 2014 I retired. For this reason, I have no money to continue taking care of her medically and otherwise.”

Ezeaku, however, said some philanthropic individuals and organizations including the former Cathedral Administrator, Catholic Diocese of Nsukka, Rev. Fr. Uche Obodoechina, Vicar General, Monsignor Thaddeus Onoyima, Station Council, STC, GRA Women Wing Nsukka , Nsukka Legislative Council, among others, have made donations toward the upkeep of the woman, pointing out that since then, nobody has been willing to help her financially: “Her daughter, Nnenna is too young to carry such financial burden.”

He explained that for some weeks now, Mrs. Ugwu has not been taking any drugs due to lack of finance to buy the drugs, pointing out that she equally needs advance medical attention for further healing. He expressed optimism that Mrs. Ugwu’s problem would soon be over.

He said since the signs of insanity like hallucination and soliloquizing have stopped; and she was able to take her bath, use chewing stick in the morning and could exchange pleasantries with people, her future would be bright.

He, however, noted that the woman still requires continuous treatment as the sickness has stayed longer in her. “The drugs for schizophrenia and that of feeding is costly.”

Mrs. Ugwu is a native of Otuocha, Anambra State and a Grade 11 teacher, having passed out from St. Monica’s Teachers’ Training College, Ogbunike, though the situation she found herself could not allow her to go into teaching profession fully.

It was also revealed that she has been battling with mental instability for the past 30 years and has lived the greater part of her life on the streets, fending for herself under the rain and scorching sun.
http://www.kemifilani.com/2015/05/the-good-accident-woman-62-cured-of-30.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Atk01(f): 11:11am On May 20, 2015
shocked shocked
Good accident indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Nobody: 11:18am On May 20, 2015
The accident of deliverance!

3 Likes

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Nobody: 11:18am On May 20, 2015
It's a good thing the brand of car that hit her, wasn't specified. Trust Nigerians to round up all their mad, and ...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by DuchessLily(f): 11:21am On May 20, 2015
Miracle accident shocked

Thank God for d deliverance
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by tosynbolade(m): 11:33am On May 20, 2015
God is awesome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by nwafuluozoh: 11:34am On May 20, 2015
Na to push Rotimi Amaechi enter road be that. Who knows where I can find him?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Bonapart(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2015
The dude above me deserve dangote trailer to run over him twice, maybe he fit acquire sense from there...

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Nobody: 11:35am On May 20, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by SLYBABA(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2015
Hmmmm! grin
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Mamaflex(f): 11:36am On May 20, 2015
I've seen something like this in a movie

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Etizz: 11:36am On May 20, 2015
Wasteful years,..... Jeez..... Where would she start from?
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Sholah96(m): 11:36am On May 20, 2015
Not new...happens in Nollywood

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by jorhney(m): 11:36am On May 20, 2015
wow that's great .. those that doesn't have job should go get hit by a bike .. .. it should help
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Marvyx(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2015
He dumbfounded the wise with foolish things, even the most brilliant doctors confess that He is the Most High.

Though the world may scientifically, philosophically and psychologically want to explain awesome miracles like this but as the heavens are higher than the earth, so His ways are beyond the depth of human comprehension.
The Lord is great.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by PRINCEHPXP(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2015
nice accident God bless d driver
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by loomer: 11:37am On May 20, 2015
Like say she die now, no be this one we for de hear o.

The headline for be, "drunk driver kills innocent woman"

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by jmoore(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2015
That is called hard reset.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by MARKone(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2015
The Impact Reset the woman.

2 Likes

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by dmostcheerful(f): 11:37am On May 20, 2015
the evil spirit in her died in the accident and d woman survived, that is all i can say.

8 Likes

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by vybrant(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2015
What a mighty God I serve.
His thoughts are not the thoughts of men
His works are indeed marvelous in my sight

Stories like this are a manifestation of your greatness.

Thank you for my life and the life of this woman

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by okonelfg(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2015
God works in many ways....i abeg u god mek u knw come use dis kind method to answer my prayers oo,,,na beg i dey beg

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Blurry: 11:38am On May 20, 2015
Amazing....

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Timoleon(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2015
mmmm i av seen dis in nigerian films before na! where d babalawo will tell d person dat wants to hurt d woman by making her insane dat 'd day d woman gets hit by a car is d day the curse will be broken' i expect someone to run mad within the next 24hrs. observing my neighbours now!

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by LEXYCOM: 11:38am On May 20, 2015
Dat accident dat will jam u and u will receive ur miracle, oya receive it now

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by damiloladuke: 11:38am On May 20, 2015
hallelujah
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by ElFenomeno1: 11:39am On May 20, 2015
I don't buy stories like this..... I seriously don't! undecided
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by passionate88: 11:39am On May 20, 2015
Strange things are happening

Mrs. Ugwu is a native of Otuocha, Anambra State
on a lighter note.... Is this for real?

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by ionsman: 11:39am On May 20, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Na to push Rotimi Amaechi enter road be that. Who knows where I can find him?
And all your family members.
Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by Nobody: 11:39am On May 20, 2015
The driver should be rewarded! gringrin

1 Like

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by stepo707: 11:39am On May 20, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Na to push Rotimi Amaechi enter road be that.
Lol. And also rochas the shoki dancer

2 Likes

Re: Woman, 62, Cured Of 30 Years Insanity After Being Hit By Vehicle by fpeter(f): 11:39am On May 20, 2015
REBOOTING LOL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court / Hilarious Memes Medical Professionals Can Relate To (Photos) / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.