Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (59663 Views)

How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Kingbilo(m): 4:09pm On May 20, 2015
well, i have done it twice. spent just 2 hours max. no connections and everywhere was cool and organized at Sura near dolphin estate Lagos. Unfortunately i was never around during the capture dates so i couldnt complete it sha. paid the N6350. Nobody has ever told me otherwise. the only extra cost is for driving school cert. which is a sham of course. that one cost 1k. so 7350 in all
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by watchindelta(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2015
lie lie lie

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by missbehave247(m): 4:12pm On May 20, 2015
Na only u waka come undecided I say na only u waka come, I say nah only u waka come
lordfaves:
I be like
Chai.
There is....
God
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I don't want to bring food for you in prison oooo0

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Bolade005: 4:13pm On May 20, 2015
You will only pay this amount if you want to go through the rigours of the numerous processes involved in obtaining a licence, which will probably take weeks or possibly month(s) but if you wish to do nothing and get your licence in days then be ready to pay between 12k and 15k.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by AdahXris(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2015
This driver's licence issue don tire ♍ε̲ sef, between VIO and FRSC who is supposed τo issues driver's licence?? Somebody pls help!
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Amisec: 4:14pm On May 20, 2015
dearpreye:

FRSC commission at D-Line in Port Harcourt. I was given a firm and ordered to pay the amount at a Union Bank opposite the building.

It was a bit stressful. Although some guys at the gate tried to play a fast one, but I ignored them as I was already aware of the procedure.

They will tell you what next to do after you've paid the amount.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Ifebazz(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2015
Patdedon:
hmm . .
but Time = money.
1hour = N8,000 (my hourly rate)
8000 x 5hours(time spent @FRSC office) = N40,000
N40,000 + N6350 = N46,350

Thank you sir but I prefer the 17k option. Nobody go stop me for road tongue
If the above is true, you'd be too busy to have time for Nairaland. Stop deceiving people or rather yourself. You all wanted change, now it is coming you seem not to know what and why you wanted the changes.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by UncleJudax(m): 4:15pm On May 20, 2015
kennygee:
The Back yard runs will always be cheaper and faster.
More like costlier but faster.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by HeisenbergWW: 4:17pm On May 20, 2015
how mch for the Nigerian passport
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Patdedon(m): 4:22pm On May 20, 2015
Ifebazz:

If the above is true, you'd be too busy to have time for Nairaland. Stop deceiving people or rather yourself. You all wanted change, now it is coming you seem not to know what and why you wanted the changes.

What makes you think 8k/hr is too much pay
How old are you?
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by sonnie10: 4:23pm On May 20, 2015
Patdedon:
hmm . .
but Time = money.
1hour = N8,000 (my hourly rate)
8000 x 5hours(time spent @FRSC office) = N40,000
N40,000 + N6350 = N46,350

Thank you sir but I prefer the 17k option. Nobody go stop me for road tongue

How do you do the bio metrics without physically going to their office?
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by permsec: 4:23pm On May 20, 2015
ndizzle:
Is it vio abi FRSC that gives the licence?
lastma grin grin grin
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by permsec: 4:24pm On May 20, 2015
sonnie10:

black magic
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by AXYZ: 4:25pm On May 20, 2015
TohpahzDofC:

Not everywhere. It's 6350 in my place
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by madjune(m): 4:26pm On May 20, 2015
How much did FRSC "stole"

Crooks. They will keep stealing at 17k per driving license.

This is just a publicity stunt to make the frsc boss look good.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Stonerobaba(m): 4:26pm On May 20, 2015
I paid 17k and i did all tests+ capturing and also got a laminated temporary driving licence all in 3hrs.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by byesense: 4:27pm On May 20, 2015
I paid 6350 at the bank

At the centre(non official)
500 eye test
500 vio

Collection day, was asked to pay 300, told then i dont have money on me, they gave me my license and i left.

All process took about a year cheesy
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by enado: 4:28pm On May 20, 2015
i applied for mine june 2014, did not get to capture my biometrics untill i travelled in sept, when i get back, only GOD knows what i will be told,

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by timilehing(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2015
There are tight but also wrong. For someone with former driving license (expired) All you have to pay is #6350 but if you're applying as a new or u can't provide your expired license, this is the price :

Learner permit for 3months =#600
Driving school certificate =#2000-3000
FRSC =6350
VIO charges: #2000 (but you hardly pay 2k unless you don't want to pass. They will make sure you fail the test unless you settle them)

These are the steps I took when I did mine in Akure
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 20, 2015
Darkboy:
perfect I went to licensing office at Asaba (former deputy governors) office and I was told point blank to bring 14K

Its 6350/in Enugu, u pay in d bank n queue up in road safety office for biometrics
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by omv22: 4:31pm On May 20, 2015
This is bull shit, if boboye were to be an ordinary citizen will he get it for that N6, 500 ? Can he deny that he doesn't know there is corruption in his office?
I wounder when we nigerians will start being honest to ourselves.
It's new drivers licence really important? Dont we have our biometric data from the national ID card, voters card , banks e. t. c. Are we really rip for it & why do we have few machines all over the country as to one machine serving one / two towns. Some don't even have at all.
So Oga Boboye deceive not your self.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by chrysso83(m): 4:34pm On May 20, 2015
Am surprised this is even news. In PH here its N6350. They advice u not to give anybody cash. U fill d form online, print it out urself and go to d bank and pay N6350. Highest anybody pay here is 10k and thats for those who don't want to go through all d process themselves. I paid N6350 for my own last year.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by vickrino(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2015
All lies. why didn't they add the price of going for the driving test and the money they will collect at the point of issuance.
They smartly displayed the bank payment without mentioning the frustration they will make u go through, so u'll be forced to pay for express.

Naija i hail thee.

Sharp guys.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Cmanforall: 4:43pm On May 20, 2015
kayswag100:
Lies. Is 13500 in ibadan. That is at their Onireke office. I walked into d office with Old DL that expired 2013.

Even after verifying my details online, I was told to pay 13500. (claiming they don't renew the older DLs anymore).

I was given one flimsy excuse of a Driving School Certificate and other photocopies and told to wait for SMS for physical capture.

I'm sure they know it is almost IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY N6350 @ any of their offices nation wide. #fact

Are you a Carpenter?
Cos Your concluding sentence just nailed it...

Also waiting for the Minister of Interior to tell us the real amount for International passport....

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by JayJustus(m): 4:43pm On May 20, 2015
lol...I did mine at abuja for 8,000 directly from their headquarters while my mum was busy writing exams in lagos...loooooool...
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by vybrant(m): 4:45pm On May 20, 2015
Different amount for different states
Indeed there is a country called Nigeria
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by phibah: 4:47pm On May 20, 2015
That's the price
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Patdedon(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2015
sonnie10:

You have to be there physically. You need to be captured but you will not do other tests required and you wont spend endless hours waiting.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by redsquare(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2015
The problem is not paying the 6,350 but the rigorous process and delays you will experience before getting a new license. Got mine for 5,000 through the back door tongue tongue tongue. The rule is '' Always show FRSC the photocopy anytime you are stopped'', they have a way of knowing if the license is original or fake. If dem catch you, omo na 25,000 fine you go pay for ''driving a vehicle with forged document'' grin grin grin
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by chidile: 4:50pm On May 20, 2015
thank you boss for the information. .but how long will it take to obtain this ndl.,secondly ,is it obtainable in Anambra state...and thirdly, if one pays #6350..,the deed is done.? No more,no less..
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by ojay2053(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2015
I paid 10k for mine at FRSC office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 / Okoronkwo Kesandu Ogan, 1st Nigerian Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Mercedes Benz / Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.