Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,988 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (59650 Views)

How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by febbymi: 4:54pm On May 20, 2015
vybrant:
Different amount for different states
Indeed there is a country called Nigeria
That is capitalism at its best
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by bumtos(m): 5:03pm On May 20, 2015
Another farewell address.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by babareketaiwo(f): 5:06pm On May 20, 2015
I did my own in Ilorin it was just 7.5k
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by sonnie10: 5:09pm On May 20, 2015
Patdedon:

You have to be there physically. You need to be captured but you will not do other tests required and you wont spend endless hours waiting.

Sorry my bad. I was thinking they would have to come down to your "office." I got it all wrong when you began to dish out figures and hours of lost wages that you might lose. But, everybody here seem to be saying the same thing, except that they are not telling us about their job pay package.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by slymichael(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2015
Enugu licencing ofix is d worst place to obtain DL. I was asked to pay 10k for easy processing since October 2014 till date only temporary one was issued to me and as I speak to u all uptil d new one is not out yet. Everyday harassment from police.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by salvo583: 5:17pm On May 20, 2015
I renewed mine for 9k in ibadan. I thinks it's 15k for fresh applicants

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by saviola77(m): 5:18pm On May 20, 2015
kayswag100:
Lies. Is 13500 in ibadan. That is at their Onireke office. I walked into d office with Old DL that expired 2013.

Even after verifying my details online, I was told to pay 13500. (claiming they don't renew the older DLs anymore).

I was given one flimsy excuse of a Driving School Certificate and other photocopies and told to wait for SMS for physical capture.

I'm sure they know it is almost IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY N6350 @ any of their offices nation wide. #fact
Not entirely correct, I had mine made a little over a month ago here in Abuja for exactly N6,350. Just fill out the online form, print out, go to the bank (fcmb) and make the payment. Take the teller to where you will get your biometrics captured. I was done within an hour or so...[size=3pt]maybe because I have a few friends there[/size].
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Patdedon(m): 5:21pm On May 20, 2015
Sorry if my post or the figures in it misled or got you angry. My emphasis was on the time.
sonnie10:

Sorry my bad. I was thinking they would have to come down to your "office." I got it all wrong when you began to dish out figures and hours of lost wages that you might lose. But, everybody here seem to be saying the same thing, except that they are not telling us about their job pay package.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by pek(m): 5:33pm On May 20, 2015
chuckdee4:
All of this is story, you tell us the real price and expect your under-payed staff to charge us that same price and not try to make money off the process.
Sort yourself out first
FRSC underpaid? you don't know what is underpaid
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by adesammy1(m): 5:39pm On May 20, 2015
missbehave247:
Oga na my territory u dey buy land undecided

Make we negotiate...
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by gajerian(m): 5:39pm On May 20, 2015
TohpahzDofC:

Not everywhere. It's 6350 in my place
Where is your place please inbox me zack762002@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by zeburudaya: 5:50pm On May 20, 2015
17k but these useless thiefs will told u 40? Ndi ohi!
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by ACM10: 5:58pm On May 20, 2015
I paid #10,000 in Onitsha FRSC office to get mine. Even at that, it took me six months go get the permanent licence. Those who insisted on the due process were made to go through process that consumed their precious time and ended up paying more. Before obtaining my permanent licence, I was forced to pay extra #3000 by the Anambra IGR office, even though I work and pay my tax in another state. FRSC is corrupt.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by komek(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I paid 7k

I did it in Umuahia. A family friend that works there helped with it, that was in 2013 though. It should expire next year... smiley
It took him 48hrs

Fake driver's license. Pls continue using it in Abia state cos they will seize it in places like Lagos

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by missbehave247(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2015
shocked
adesammy1:

Make we negotiate...
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by chrysso83(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2015
vickrino:
All lies. why didn't they add the price of going for the driving test and the money they will collect at the point of issuance.
They smartly displayed the bank payment without mentioning the frustration they will make u go through, so u'll be forced to pay for express.

Naija i hail thee.

Sharp guys.
Drive test is needed only if its ur first drivers license

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Mbediogu(m): 6:02pm On May 20, 2015
Darkboy:
perfect I went to licensing office at Asaba (former deputy governors) office and I was told point blank to bring 14K

The same thing happens everywhere. I have always got mine from insurance agents or Road safety workers because of the frustration and fraud involved. Make your proceedure easier for us please else ..... Una prison yard go soon full with all of us.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by komek(m): 6:05pm On May 20, 2015
caprini1:
That is what you pay at the bank,but when you add all the numerous 500bucks you pay for eye test,drive test ,searching for your name etc my came to about 12k before I collected my DL.

Ogbeni, u truely have a DL. Don't mind those "notice me " who come here to form among.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 20, 2015
komek:

Fake driver's license. Pls continue using it in Abia state cos they will seize it in places like Lagos

keep wishing... smiley
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 20, 2015
This man know we are in Naija, price of applying for things like this is always inflated by the same people making this noise. I paid 10k to renew my license,right in their office.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by komek(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

keep wishing... smiley

U lied joor. U paid 7k got DL under 48hrs. And they brought it for u. Fear God na. U need to be present for what they call capture and ur bio metrics will be taken. Then u have to wait for atleast 1week before they get it done in Abj. Choi
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Kobeje(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2015
Darkboy:
perfect I went to licensing office at Asaba (former deputy governors) office and I was told point blank to bring 14K

By who?

No offence intended.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Blackfire(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2015
@op abi na oga FRSC i did mine 15k, even with my connection there(onireke office,in ibadan), but be ready to waste a day for each process involved *am with the temporary one,am going next week to collect the permanent one*

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by CyberWolf: 6:22pm On May 20, 2015
15k cash for Enugu here...Road safety office angry

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by amanze15(m): 6:23pm On May 20, 2015
After thousands have paid l4K
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Blackfire(m): 6:25pm On May 20, 2015
komek:

U lied joor. U paid 7k got DL under 48hrs. And they brought it for u. Fear God na. U need to be present for what they call capture and ur bio metrics will be taken. Then u have to wait for atleast 1week before they get it done in Abj. Choi

that guy lie no need driving license, na pilot license. Chai people can lie..no wonder devil is afraid of nigerians(like him)
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 20, 2015
pure lie!!!!!!! 100% undiluted lie!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 20, 2015
komek:

Firstly I said that was in 2013.
I can't even remember when FRSC 'enforced' the new DL, be it before/after I got mine.

I am also sure so many people have gotten theirs faster, this is Nigeria dear. You don't expect me to spend all my time waiting for DL at their office, when I have a fam friend (i.e back door) working in the same office.

As for leaving Abia state with it. You don't wanna know the roads I ply.
So, before you hop on any comment to shout lie. Read and understand, understanding is very_very important.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2015
kayswag100:
Lies. Is 13500 in ibadan. That is at their Onireke office. I walked into d office with Old DL that expired 2013.

Even after verifying my details online, I was told to pay 13500. (claiming they don't renew the older DLs anymore).

I was given one flimsy excuse of a Driving School Certificate and other photocopies and told to wait for SMS for physical capture.

I'm sure they know it is almost IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY N6350 @ any of their offices nation wide. #fact

You had better not try it,else u realise its harde to get the Nigerian DL than the UK,
By the time VIO stress you finish for valid drving sch cert for 1month,then they will transfer you to road safety,I bet you cannot pass their test,they will make it even harder than Jamb before they now go for road test.they will ask you to bring your car for the road test,how you wan drive reach their compound wthout Drivers license?infact if u venture bring ur car u re on your own oh.afteral you realised you have spent 30k for transport to deir office daily plus before the DL go ready ehn,u go see pepper.how much is the Int Passport online?dare try fill form online and pay,then you realise 9ja system get as e dey work.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by chinonso92: 6:37pm On May 20, 2015
Clearified....
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by abtmaviz(m): 6:38pm On May 20, 2015
ITbomb:
In Nigeria it does not apply.

But if you are willing to wait for the intentional delays, then you can get it at that price

Delay or nor, they still would ask you to pay #15,000 except u tk back door which might be cheaper...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interiors Of Bugatti, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Bentley. PICK ONLY ONE! (Photos) / Okoronkwo Kesandu Ogan, 1st Nigerian Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Mercedes Benz / See How Much A Brand New Car Cost In 1977

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.