Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes (10924 Views)

Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan To Reshuffle Cabinet, May Sack Diezani, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by dre11(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan will formally dissolve the Federal Executive Council on May 28 ahead of the inauguration of Muhammadu Buhari as new president of the country the next day.
The exercise will however be preceded by valedictory speeches to be given by the president, vice president and members of the Council on May 27.
This indication emerged after Wednesday’s meeting of the Council.
Sources at the meeting said Mr. Jonathan discouraged ministers from presenting policy memoranda since a new federal administration would assume power in a few days.
The FEC comprises of ministers, ministers of state and special advisers to the president and the vice president.
The body also known as the cabinet meets every Wednesday and it is chaired by the president.
It has been variously criticised for concentrating more on contract awards instead of policy direction.
Mr. Jonathan will formally hand over power to Mr. Buhari at the Eagle Square, Abuja, on May 29.
He assumed power on May 6, 2010 following the death of former President Umaru Yar’Adua.
He was elected president in the 2011 election.
Mr. Jonathan, who flew the flag of the Peoples Democratic Party in the March 28 presidential election lost to Mr. Buhari of the All Progressives Congress.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/183351-%e2%80%8bjonathan-dissolves-cabinet-may-28.html

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by Islie: 5:41pm On May 20, 2015
It has been variously criticised for concentrating more on contract awards instead of policy direction

They are trying to make their last piece of business before the incoming adminstration comes on board

Because contract signed out will have to be paid for

3 Likes

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by MKO4ever(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2015
We knew already, I also know for certain that everything he is doing must end not later than May 29. So we dey wait

3 Likes

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 20, 2015
I can't wait for baba to take over. I love Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by baybeeboi: 7:20pm On May 20, 2015
Islie:

They are trying to make their last piece of business before the incoming adminstration comes on board Because contract signed out will have to be paid for
my brother, you can do better than this, you are first to comment, and should be a reasonable comment as well.
Anyways, i don't see anything unusual about disolving a cabinet, it's normal for every Government.

1 Like

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by dotna(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2015
New chapter
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by mrofficial(m): 7:21pm On May 20, 2015
Less than 8 days to go.
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by tobtap: 7:21pm On May 20, 2015
GEJ cabinet is the most mediocre undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by gebest: 7:21pm On May 20, 2015
even if he did not dissolve it, by may 28 it will dissolve itself whether they like it or not.

4 Likes

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 20, 2015
yux ..
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by ope4all: 7:21pm On May 20, 2015
I lafffs...... Oga jona all roads leads to OTuEKe.......
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by limolalikamaila: 7:21pm On May 20, 2015
Gj
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 20, 2015
Change of Government!
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by dunkem21(m): 7:22pm On May 20, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by hilsocial(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2015
Ok
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by efilefun(m): 7:29pm On May 20, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by Tafee(m): 7:29pm On May 20, 2015
who is jonathan i guess one of those trekkers is good that he decided to go back to skul
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by danny301: 7:29pm On May 20, 2015
How time flies! Indeed nothing is permanent in life and power itself is transient... After may 28, some of them will not have their names mentioned in the Nigerian political space again till they die... If you are oportuned to serve, please serve well.

8 Likes

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by umarc19: 7:30pm On May 20, 2015
To every beginning there has to be an end.

Thank God we live to see the end of this clueless government.
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by mymadam(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2015
gebest:
even if he did not dissolve it, by may 28 it will dissolve itself whether they like it or not.

Funny, but a logical conclusion, IMHO!

2 Likes

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by mattpreacher(m): 7:33pm On May 20, 2015
Tafee:
who is jonathan i guess one of those trekkers is good that he decided to go back to skul

do you understand what u just said?

1 Like

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by nsyforreal: 7:34pm On May 20, 2015
baybeeboi:

my brother, you can do better than this, you are first to comment, and should be a reasonable comment as well.
Anyways, i don't see anything unusual about disolving a cabinet, it's normal for every Government.

My brother ,most of them write without using their brains .you better leave them.They are fools.They have forgotten that Jonathan is still the President .

We are waiting for the so called messiah to come and perform the magic.

we pray he performs as being promise.

1 Like

Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by PassingShot(m): 7:43pm On May 20, 2015
MKO4ever:
We knew already, I also know for certain that everything he is doing must end not later than May 29. So we dey wait
Everything he does ends on May 28th. GMB assumes presidency on May 29th.
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:50pm On May 20, 2015
Make dem quick go abeg
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by Meel: 7:51pm On May 20, 2015
R
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 20, 2015
Bye bye to incompetence!
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by funkyfrevy(f): 8:00pm On May 20, 2015
Cabinet of thieves u mean?
Re: ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes by juman(m): 8:05pm On May 20, 2015
Bye bye pdp the wicked party.

The party that destroyed nigeria for 16 years.

This is call for celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8KeW7Rtxgc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner / Buhari Approves 56th Independence Anniversary Programme / Masari, Daura Emir Pay Sallah Homage To Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.