Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss (31902 Views)

My Honeymoon Trip To South Africa ( Pictures) / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / 6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 23, 2015
Argungu
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:
I have a list of honeymoon destinations here in Nigeria. But i will love to know your opinion and current assessment.

1. Obudu Mountain Resort, Cross river
This is probably the 'most respected' tourist site in Nigeria. It is also ideal for a honeymoon get away. The Obudu Plateau offers peace, quiet, pampering and adventure.

2. Okomu National Park and Osos Hills in Edo State.

3. Ikogosi warm spring amd resort Ekiti

4. La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort Lagos

5. NLNG Residential Area in Bonny Island, Rivers State. Also Finima Beach and JV Camp

6. Badagry. This is a popular destination with multiple side attractions. In my opinion one of the best in Lagos. In Badagry you have beaches, museums, historical buildings and the reminders of Slave trade. You can also get some pretty decent hotels.

7. Yankari Games Reserve. Some of us are a little scared of travelling to the North but trust me Yankari is great. Recent research reveal that it has been rennovated and revived.
You can get to view a whole range of wide animals in Yankari.

8. Kanji Lake National Park.

9. Mic com Golf Resort, Ada, Osun State.

Also discovered this place called: Nike Lake Resort in Enugu. It has a natural lake. It is quiet and lovely.

Feel free to state your opinion or comment.
Have you paid a visit to any of these sites?
A beg OP which is the most cheapest? Incase of incasity
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by pinkycute(f): 7:07pm On May 23, 2015
grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Phinity318:

A beg OP which is the most cheapest? Incase of incasity

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by basty: 7:07pm On May 23, 2015
How about Sambisa forest?
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by yurme(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2015
Wic1 cme cheap pas
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by kaziblake(f): 7:12pm On May 23, 2015
Me and my husband cristaino ronaldo will do our honeymoon at obudu cattle ranch,so calabar people prepare a grand welcome party for us tongue
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by softmind24: 7:12pm On May 23, 2015
Hmmmm u guys must also tell us the 1 an average Nigerian can go cus money is needed for honeymoon
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Captainswag225(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2015
o.p, pls show pics of these places
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:
I have a list of honeymoon destinations here in Nigeria. But i will love to know your opinion and current assessment.

This is probably the 'most respected' tourist site in Nigeria. It is also ideal for a honeymoon get away. The Obudu Plateau offers peace, quiet, pampering and adventure.

5. NLNG Residential Area in Bonny Island, Rivers State. Also Finima Beach and JV Camp

6. Badagry. This is a popular destination with multiple side attractions. In my opinion one of the best in Lagos. In Badagry you have beaches, museums, historical buildings and the reminders of Slave trade. You can also get some pretty decent hotels.

7. Yankari Games Reserve. Some of us are a little scared of travelling to the North but trust me Yankari is great. Recent research reveal that it has been rennovated and revived.

Also discovered this place called: Nike Lake Resort in Enugu. It has a natural lake. It is quiet and lovely.

Obudu is really really expensive and the roads are bad....it's a cool place though...

NLNG R.A. Bonny is not a honeymoon destination, it's just a decent and well-equipped residential area and it's also known as Sin city.....

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 23, 2015
pinkycute:
grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Pinkycute kilode....??
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by misspicy(f): 7:18pm On May 23, 2015
pls exclude kainji lake national park coz its no longer functional......
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Lincoln275(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:

Erin-ijesha water fall in osun state
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by yinkes(f): 7:19pm On May 23, 2015
Whispering Palms in Badadry is one of the best honeymoon destination.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by pinkycute(f): 7:20pm On May 23, 2015
Just passing by smiley

Phinity318:

Pinkycute kilode....??
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 23, 2015
pinkycute:
Just passing by smiley

I see u cutie
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by rabimlomo: 7:25pm On May 23, 2015
No pictures? It is very dry. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 23, 2015
Remove Yankari game reserve from the list!
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Ekenedirichukwu(m): 7:28pm On May 23, 2015
Aso Rock villa should be the last on the list
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by misspicy(f): 7:29pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:

remove kainji lake national park from d list its no longer functioning,@OP always do ur research b4 posting,stop copying and pasting,NL is not a dumping ground.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by tsquaure(f): 7:29pm On May 23, 2015
I recommend Abraka country and golf turf. Food, scenery, activities out of this world. affordable when I went there. Truly a getaway destination
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Halaz(m): 7:40pm On May 23, 2015
Sambisa forest of Borno state is also a good place.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by DonDiego(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2015
Oguta Lake Resort
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by oseiwe(m): 8:11pm On May 23, 2015
Vision4God:
Miango Rest Home (MRH) in Jos, plateau state.

Its a place u want to visit over and over again.
confam place! its a nice spot for vacay, dunno abt honeymoon
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by oluwatomisin93(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2015
sambisa forest in Maiduguri. its a place where u can relax and chill out. the fresh air is enough to change ur colour like one coming from Libya.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by gfullmoon(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2015
Your list can never be complete without adding Sambisa Forest Borno,and that's where me and my wife to be will spent our Honeymoon next month, who knows we might find the missing Chibok Girls.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by babajosh1994: 8:20pm On May 23, 2015
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=33933252]Nigerians finish their honey before they settle down.

I suggest Sambisa forest
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by LOVEGINO(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2015
Sambisa Forest is neva a bad idea.
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by chnovpaul(m): 8:34pm On May 23, 2015
I've been to two on the list...

1. MicCom Golf and Hotel Resorts, Ada...is one place I'll always love to go back to. I

t's a quiet place, beautiful scenery, lush green vegetation, in short, nature at its best. It has its popular golf course, well maintained, and with a calmly flowing brook (stream) in the middle. Usually in the evenings, I take a walk around to think and meditate.

More so, the hotel accommodation is kinda cool too. Free Wi-Fi, nice rooms, and not too expensive. One can get a room from 5k upwards, I think.

2. Nike Lake Resort, Enugu...another cool, quiet place, by the side of the lake after which it is named.

Haven't really been able to explore the hotel accommodation though, but the lakeside is cool for someone who wants solitude and peace from the hustle and bustle of city life.

And another good thing is that it is almost close to the city centre.

Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by calyb247(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2015
I've not had the experience of 5 & 3... But i strongly feel Ikogosi warm spring is over hyped.. It doesnt have enough to really feed the eyes... JMO
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 23, 2015
mrsage:

Can you tell us more about this place?
Hope the security situation will not pose a threat?

waz ur mindset abt jos...as soon as u come someone will throw a bomb at u abi? my guy jos is peaceful...
Re: The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss by calyb247(m): 8:42pm On May 23, 2015
osimataylor:
Why do you still recommend Yannkari game reserve when Boko boys are srill prowling around!

Yankari is still very safe and there has bin great improvement there.. You'll love it if you try

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Killed, Two Injured In Motor Accident Along Minna-Suleja Highway (Graphic) / Nigeria Is Safe — American Man Declares, As He Visits Ekiti State (pics And Vid) / Lagos Begins Urban Regeneration Of Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Ikeja G.R.A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.