Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) (44162 Views)

At The End Of The Tunnel / The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life / The End Of My Fears. A Motivational Poem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2016
Galaxdiva:
Someone should pls PM me,i need to rectify something in my account

Hi dear, has it been rectified?
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2016
My wonderful fans,

Thanks so much Boss. Youi are the best! Watch out for my Christmas Bumper Package updates just for you
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2016
My wonderful fans,

I have not run away and I have not abandoned you. I am preparing a special Christmas Bumper Package just for you on both THE FIREWALL and SHADOWCORP.

Updates will drop on/b4 Christmas Day. As usual, it goes first on www.amazingkevinjohn. but definitely comes here too.

I love you all.

Keep believing.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Galaxdiva(f): 1:02am On Dec 26, 2016
kayemjay:

Hi dear, has it been rectified?

no,it has to do with my mail... I cant seem to get mails from nairaland... I need to verify
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 8:31am On Dec 26, 2016
Merry Christmas everyone.

Story drops at 8pm tonight.

Already available at www.amazingkevinjohn.

I love you all
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by damynj(m): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2016
I'm not seeing the chapter 6 of the shadow corps na...
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Chapter six is hot and spicy on www.amazingkevinjohn.

Chapter Six - The Lone Soldier

It comes here at 8pm.

Dont blink
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
CHAPTER 6 - THE LONE SOLDIER

Mr Raymond Onuoha woke to water splashed on his face. He opened his eyes gradually, taking in the features of where he was. As his eyes adjusted to the brightness in the room, he realized that his hands were tied to the arms of the chair he was sat in. His eyes met with a lady who stood with a small bucket in her hands. She was light skinned, average height and heavily tattooed. She wore a crop top and a short skirt, leaving very little to imagination. He looked around the place where he was held captive. It looked like some kind of abandoned storage room. It had just one window and no sort of ventilation, making the foul stench in the room more unbearable. The only source of light came from the open window and that was enough for him to know that he was in deep trouble.
“Welcome back Mr Investigator.” The lady said, dropping the bucket on the floor. “Get ready to be transported. If you tell us what we need and give us the correct information, you will be home in time for dinner. With your family. We really do not take delight in torturing you this way.” She finished, dropping to a squat in front of him.

“What do you want from me?” Raymond asked.

“All we want is a very tiny bit of information: the identity and location of the people who broke you out of the docks. Think carefully before you lie to me Mr Raymond. I am not known for my patience but for my actions.” She said nodding sideways.

Raymond followed the direction of her head and saw a pair of ears in the far corner of the room, ants battling over the dead flesh. He pushed back the nausea that swelled from his gut and closed his eyes. He thought about his predicament. He was confident in Stella’s ability as previously demonstrated when she singlehandedly broke him out from the docks. He knew that she could do it again only if she found him in time. The problem was that he did not know if he had time. How could he be sure that Shadowcorp would not just kill him or worse once they had the information they needed? His family was also in danger. Should he trust that Stella and his brother would find him? Or hope that his captors would keep their end of the deal if he spilled?

“I want to speak to my family. I want assurance that they are safe and unharmed.” Raymond requested.

“And when this is done, you will give us the information you need?” The lady asked.

Raymond nodded. The lady scrutinized his face for what seemed an eternity, and then decided to release his hands and feet. She got up and moved towards the door.

“After you sir.” She said.

Getting up, he opened the door and moved ahead of the lady into a long corridor, lit only by light from the open roof of the building. He had done his best to buy himself and Stella a small amount of time. He hoped for a miracle else he feared that the worst would happen.

Steven dialled his sister’s number for the fourth time. It rang continuously without reply. He knew she was avoiding him but he just had to speak with her. Seeing that she was not ready to take his calls, he sent her a message:

“I am going for Geronimo. I am flying blind and will need cover. I hope I can get to explain why I did what I did dear sister, but time is of the essence. I have my tracker on. You know what to do. If you love your brother, don’t let me die today1.”

He dropped his phone, wore a packed knapsack and then added a snapback. Walking with is bare feet in the beach sand, he walked briskly away from his beach house towards the sea. It was still dawn and everywhere was dark but he knew his way to the harbour. He got to his speed boat by the bank of the sea and threw the bag into the boat. Freeing the boat from its harbour, he got in, started the engine and sped away from sight.

Two hours later Steven brought the boat to a stop in what looked like the middle of nowhere. He looked at his watch. It was a few minutes past seven in the morning. The sun was yet rising but he had enough time before it would be totally bright. He took his bag and pulled out an electronic compass and a flash drive. The flash drive had the details of the tracker that was in Geronimo’s bloodstream. Plugging the flash drive to the compass, he pressed a few buttons on its keypad and waited. Seconds later there were two distinct beeps and the tracker gave the coordinates of a location. He pulled up a 3D imagery of the location from the compass and could see a glowing blue dot in a room in one of the houses by the shore west of him. He took out multispectral binoculars from the bag and tried to find entry points from where he was. The buildings were ancient and had no entry from the sea. He had to get to shore and then drive for an hour to get back to this point. He didn’t have time for all that. He activated the xray view of the binoculars and looked into the sea as far as the zoom could allow. He found a latch just a few meters below the sea. Upon inspection, he realized that it was an old sewer tunnel that had been abandoned in years. It would be easy to get in. He had solved one problem but a bigger one stared him in the face. How was he going to get out of the place? Every mission is as good as its extraction plan. If extraction fails, the whole mission fails. He needed backup. His sister was cross with him and had refused to help. James hated hom and would not even listen to him let alone help. He was on his own.

“I am Shadow Prime. I will figure out a way. I have to.” Steven said to himself.

He took out his twin silverballers, checked the safety, and counted the number of rounds it would go. Hopefully, he would not need to use it. He planned to go in dark and come out unnoticed. He took out a few other items from the back pack, stuffing them into the pockets of his commando uniform. He tied the other end of the boat’s anchor on his leg and dived into the sea. The water was cold and harsh. He swam deeper, moving closer to the sewage tunnel. It was protected by iron bars that were rusty but still held strong. He took out a small can from his ankle pocket and sprayed the contents on the iron bars. Within seconds, the bars melted away like they were never there. He brought out a torch from his other ankle pocket and examined the tunnel. He could crouch through without much difficulty. He checked for booby traps and unlikely patches in the tunnel. Satisfied with his examination, he tied the rope from the anchor to the remaining part of the iron bars that were not affected by the spray and went into the tunnel.

After scraping and crawling, he soon found his way to the end of the long straight tunnel. The tunnel had similar iron bars protecting its entrance. Before applying the spray, he checked to see if there was any danger. The sewer opened onto the bottom of some kind of manhole. There was a metal lid with the same circumference as the sewer opening lying just by the wall. Pipes of different sizes scattered around the tiny space.

“This place has not been in use in ages.” Steven said as he surveyed the area.

He sprayed the contents of the can onto the railing again and gained entry into the manhole He took out the compass and checked how far or close he was to his target. He had to get out of the manhole and then head west. He was within two hundred meters of Geronimo. Two hundred yards of uncertainty, of success or of death. He had to get out of the man hole without being seen and had no one to give him a hint of what he would see once he got out of the hole. The hole was four feet deep and covered lazily with plywood. There were spaces in between the plywood and from his crouching position, he could see that there was a building immediately north of him. He needed to move.

If he took out the plywood slowly, he could draw attention and all guns would come blazing in his direction. He would be stuck in the hole and he could never survive that. Another option was to blast his way through and then fight off as many guns as he could. At least he would be on the same level ground and would know how many hostiles he was up against. However, his plan would be dead on arrival as the sound of gun battle would alert Geronimo’s captors and they would either kill him or flee with him to another location. Just then he had an idea.

He raised himself up, standing such that his head touched the plywood. With his silverballers silenced and ready for action, he carefully extended his height. As he did, the plywood also lifted a little. He stopped when he just about had a tiny view of what lay above the manhole. To his north was a wall, and to his west was another wall. They were probably walls of a building. He bent low, settling the plywood noiselessly and then turned eastward. He raised himself slowly again, trying to get a view. There was a guard standing idly, a gun strapped to his back. He stood with his back to Steven, watching the big black gate in front of him and smoking a cigarette. He had a plan in sight. Get out of the manhole. Immobilize the guard. Find Geronimo and escape. He hoped he could get out as quietly as he came in. With his gaze firmly on the guard, he took out one of the plywood and got out of the manhole. Walking slowly, he moved towards the building where the guard stood. The was a wall seven meters from where he stood so Steven quickly backed up against the wall and waited. He noticed that the guard was smoking marijuana and that he took loud drags at intervals. Steven waited for the next drag. Immediately he heard it, he took three quick steps and he was behind the guard. The guard felt Steven’s presence but before he could react, Steven’s strong arms were already round his neck. The guard kicked and scratched as he went down but Steven was too strong for him. As the guard stopped struggling, Steven snapped his neck.

He dragged the guard back to the man hole and changed into his clothes.

He was ready to go in for Geronimo.

2 Likes

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
Raymond walked through a small corridor as directed by the lady behind him. It was still dark but the illumination from the sun made it easy for him to see his way across. They got to the end of the corridor and came to a wooden door to the left. It had a metal handle and all sorts of weird inscriptions on it. Raymond paused, as if waiting for her to do something.

“Open it!” She barked.

He grabbed the door handle gingerly half expecting something strange and painful to happen to him as he turned. The door opened to a beautiful room. It was spacious and the walls were painted in distinct colours of lemon green and red. There were reclining chairs scattered around the room and a big size fridge by the corner. The room was surprisingly clean considering where he had been held for the past few hours. He stood just by the door, taking in the details of the room when the lady brushed passed him and into the room.

“Take a seat Mr Raymond. I will be with you in a minute.” She said, leaving him there and going into an adjoining room.

He sat on the closest chair to him and kept looking around. He could not stay still, so he got up and opened the fridge. Bottles of water filled the fridge from top to bottom, so he helped himself to one. No sooner had he put the bottle to his mouth than the door opened and the lady came in, with a young man in tow.

“Don’t drink that!” she shouted rushing towards him and yanking the bottle from him. She immediately capped the bottle and replaced it in the fridge. “Those bottles contain treated water for special guests. If you had taken it, you would be knocked out for twelve hours at the least. I told you to sit, not to starting touching things.”

Raymond nodded feebly and then sat back in the chair.

“This is Biodun. He will help you contact your people and you will speak to them. Remember, we have a deal.” She finished, taking a seat opposite him.

Biodun walked to Raymond with a device in hand. The device looked like some sort of scanner. It was in the shape of a handheld metal detector so Raymond wondered what it was supposed to do.

“Please stand and stretch your arms sideways.” Biodun said. Raymond obeyed. Biodun used the scanner which emitted blue rays, to scan his torso and arms. Raymond wondered what they hoped to find.

“I don’t have a gun or anything if that is what you are looking for” Raymond chipped.
“We are not looking for weapons. We just want to be sure that there is no tracker on your person. Even you would not know that it was there.” She finished.

Biodun gave a nod of approval and then left the room. Bringing out a phone from her pocket, she handed it to Raymond.

“Now you can make that call. You can take as long as you like but I would advise that you make it very short. I will give you some privacy. Remember to keep your part of the deal.” She said and walked out.

Raymond quickly dialled his wife’s number and listened as it rang. On the second ring she picked the phone.

“Hello” she said.

“It’s me my pumpkin.”

“Baby! Where are you? Are you okay? When are you coming back? What is happening?”

Raymond listened patiently as she asked questions. He assured her that he would be home before she knew it and begged her to keep the children safe and watch over them at all times.

“Any strange people contacted you lately? Or come by the house or around you or the boys?” he asked as he wrapped up the conversation.

“No dear, nothing of the sort. Although this morning I got an unusually strange email from an unknown sender I find strange.” His wife said.

“What email?” he asked.

“It was sent to you but I was copied in it. It had just two lines. It said ‘DEJAVU. I hope you are ready for me baby. Give me a sign.’ The
sender was SSJ.” She said and continued, “Are you cheating on me?”

“SSJ? I have no idea who that is. I am not cheating on you and I promise you I will be home today at the latest. Just be safe for me. I love you.” He finished and hung up.

Almost immediately, the lady who held him captive walked into the room.

“Who is SSJ?” she asked, standing in front of him, arms akimbo. She looked like she would punch him any moment.

“I wish I knew. I am as dumbfounded as you are.”

“Are you having an affair?” she asked again.

“I will not answer that.” Raymond replied almost instantly.

He was not cheating on his wife but he realized that the message may have a deeper meaning and the less he fed these people with, the better
it would be for him.

“So you were listening in on my conversation? I thought it was supposed to be private?” Raymond asked.

“Private?” she scoffed and continued, “There is nothing private in this place. We have cause to believe that you are hiding something from us.

We need to run some checks. For your sake, we hope that you come out clean. If not, you will never see your family again.”

She pulled a gun from her hip and pointed it at Raymond.

“You could save us a lot of stress and time and tell us the truth and everything we need to know right now. Have you been cheating on your wife? Who is SSJ?”

“A clean conscience fears no accusation. You can make your findings.” Raymond said.
“Okay then. Sit. This should not take long.”

She motioned to him with the gun, telling him where to sit. She took a seat opposite him and dialled a number from the phone she took from him.

“Biodun, start the checks.”

She hung up and smiled wickedly at Raymond.

Steven needed eyes on the inside. He stood by the door of the house, disguised in guard uniform. He could not just barge into the building guns blazing. He checked his watch. Twenty minutes had passed. He had to move in or all his efforts would have been in vain. He checked his gun and counted the rounds he had left. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and exhaled.

“It’s now or never”. He said to himself. He had barely walked three yards when he heard a voice in his ears.

“Hello brother. Come in.”

“Stella?” Steven asked. He was surprised and relieved at the same time.

“You have to move now. Contact has been made with Geronimo through the email. Shadowcorp is working on that email and it won’t be long
before they unravel who was behind it.”

“Lead me.”

“Door is unlocked. It opens to a corridor which leads into a large living room. Once you exit the living room, there are two hostiles guarding the
door where he is being held. Use non-lethal force. If they get any wind of a rescue mission, they will kill him and you will not get out alive.”

“Is that why you decided to help me? You don’t want to see me killed?” Steven teased, as he walked slowly towards the door.

“You have thirty seconds to take out the guards. Hurry.”

“I’m on it.” Steven finished and entered the house.

Raymond’s heart beat in his chest. He pondered on what SSJ was and could not figure out who it meant. He was not cheating on his wife. He knew that for sure. He repeated the words slowly:

“DEJAVU. I hope you are ready for me baby. Give me a sign”

“Give me a sign? What sign? De ja vu? Meaning this was a second rendezvous. SSJ? Who was SSJ?” All these ran through his mind. The more he thought about it the more confused he got. He was beginning to fear the worst. Slowly, reality set in. He might not get out of this situation alive. His thoughts went to his wife and twin sons. Tears filled his eyes as he struggled to remain strong.

He knew nothing would come out of the inquiry towards SSJ and it would mean he was concealing information. The last time he was in this type of situation, he had been saved at the last minute by Stella. He had thought that was the end of his troubles after he had met with Steven and was assured everything would be fine. Now, here he was. Suddenly, his face lit up. Steven, Stella and James! SSJ! He could not help the excitement he currently felt. They needed him to give a sign.

There was only one thing he could do to get the attention of SSJ. He braced himself and hoped for the best. Saying a short prayer, he made up his mind.

It was now or never.

1 Like

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by TheBlessedMAN: 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
Keep it coming boss. U are the best. Av misd ur stories
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks sir...

Visit www.amazingkevinjohn. for more.

Thanks so much
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Olabantu(m): 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nice one but Kay Baba, y this thing just no dey consistent na....Abeg, put npmind for this story, no just abandon am again..God bless your hustle
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
Olabantu:
Nice one but Kay Baba, y this thing just no dey consistent na....Abeg, put npmind for this story, no just abandon am again..God bless your hustle

No be my fault bro...Na work and laziness...

I will do better.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by bigbauer(m): 10:06am On May 11, 2017
Kayemjay where are you
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2017
bigbauer:
Kayemjay where are you

I am here boss. Anything for me? I am working on the stories and wanna deliver them at one go.

Thanks for staying tuned
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by bigbauer(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2017
kayemjay:
I am working on the stories and wanna deliver them at one go.

Thanks for staying tuned

Ok Sir, we're waiting. Hope it's not a "Slow men at work" kind of working?
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 3:21pm On May 15, 2017
Stella sat in front of four big screens hung horizontally in front of her. Lines of code, graphical interfaces, architectural designs and mapping coordinates decorated the screens in geek-like manner. She watched the screens intently as if waiting for something magical to happen. Her fingers worked fast on the keyboard, hoping to unlock a door or reveal something she was not immediately seeing. The compound that Mr Raymond was held captive in was very traditional. There were no fire alarms, no water sprinklers nor servers, nothing that she could hack into. She had done her best. Or had she? Sean needed all the help he could get and there was no one else. She looked at the map again and zoomed into the compound as far as it could take her. She regulated the frequency of the radio waves and listened in on the conversation between the guards. As it stood, that was the best option of deducing where the guards were at any point. She surely hoped she was not leading Sean into a trap.

Her phone rang but she ignored it. She was not going to let anything distract her from her current objective. As the ringing persisted, she glanced at her phone to view who the caller was. She could not hide her surprise and knew that she had to take the call.

“Hello. James! How are you?” she asked

“I have been better. How about you?”

“I am okay; it’s good to hear from you after so long.”

“Yea. Looks like you need a hand Stella.”

“With what?” Stella asked

“You are in my server room Stella. I designed every inch of the tech in that place, so I know when there is activity going on. I’m coming up. Let me in.” James finished and hung up.

Stella closed her eyes and kept the phone to her ear seconds after James had hung up. The genius was coming in to help. She hoped he would not bolt when he noticed that it was Steven in trouble. Opening her eyes, she pressed a button that unlocked the doors to the house.

She needed all the help she could get.

Steven opened the door slowly, taking care not to make a sound. He opened it just enough to view the guards and their position. There were two men facing themselves, guns holstered, conversing in whispers. They did not look like they expected any sort of enemy activity. How could they? They were in the middle of nowhere. One of them brought out a cigarette and asked his partner for a light. There was none so the partner left to get a lighter while leaving just the one guard on duty. On his calculations, Steven saw that it would take him about eleven paces to get to the guard and take him out quietly. He could not bank on the guard’s partner not retuning before then and triggering a gun battle. If that happened he was as good as dead. He moved quickly.

Steven ran towards the guard, with his silenced SilverBaller pistol pointed at him. He was halfway across when the guard turned and made for his gun. Steven was quicker. While still running, Steven fired his gun before the guard could take out his, lodging two bullets in the guard’s chest. He fell in a thud, making the tiniest of sounds. Steven slowed to a walk, moved past the guard and waited at the corridor’s intersection where he had seen the other guard disappear to. Seconds later, he heard footsteps and smelt burning cigarette. He waited for the footsteps to get closer. He stepped out into the intersection, pointed the gun at the guard and fired. The guard was farther and quicker than Steven had expected. The bullet missed its target and the guard charged at Sean. He moved in zigzag direction making it impossible for Steven to get a clean shot. Steven knew he could not afford to waste bullets, so he decided that he would have to take the guard out another way. He waited for the guard to get close.

The guard launched a flurry of punches at Steven, none of which got the intended target. Steven beat off punch after punch as he tried to find a way to get the guard without drawing attention. As the guard punched, Steven saw a small rod from the corner of his eye. He deliberately let his guard down and allowed the guard land a fist on his face. Steven sprawled to the corner where the rod was and picked it, making sure the guard didn’t see him. The guard stood over Steven, brought out his radio and was about to make contact when Steven turned and hit the guard on the leg with the rod, causing the guard to lose balance and fall to the ground, his radio falling away from him. Before the guard could get himself back together, Steven was on top of him. He smacked the guard’s face with the rod ferociously, leaving him unconscious.

“Guards taken out. Took longer than I expected. What’s next?” Steven said, breathing hard with a finger pressed into his ear.

There was silence. Steven repeated himself and waited for a response. None came.

“Stella please come in. What is next?”

“This is James. We do not have much time. I was able to hook up to the radios on the nearby towers. With a bit of triangulation and the
connection to your signal I used heat mapping to get the number of hostiles and their particular position. There are only four people in the whole building excluding you. One of these four is Geronimo. His tracker is beeping in the third room to your left. He has one hostile with him, probably armed. Two hostiles are in the adjoining room. I have scanned the whole premises and could find no other sign of activity. It’s either there is no other person in the building or they are cold blooded people.”

“James, I really am…” Steven started but James cut him off

“Let’s just focus on the mission. Whatever you want to talk about can wait. I need you to get close to the door and then put your ear close to the door. That way I can also pick up whatever chatter is going on inside the house.”

“Yes sir.” Steven replied and made his way stealthily to the door. He pressed his ear against the door and waited.

“I am amplifying the sound frequency in your receiver so that we can pick clear distinctive voices. We should be able to listen to them . . .
now.” James said.

Mr Raymond Onuoha was prepared. Even though what he planned to do was risky and outrageous, it was the only plan that looked good. He went over it in his head over and over again until he was absolutely sure it would work. He had to at least try. There was no guarantee that he would be released in one piece. Heck, he had no idea what would happen if they got the information they sought. He was a loose end. And from what he had gathered about these people, loose ends are not released to go living happily ever after.

The lady who held him captive got up from the chair and paced the room. She was growing impatient. She put the gun behind her and walked to the fridge. Opening it, she picked out a bottle and began to gulp its contents. Raymond saw the opportunity and took it. He crept behind her noiselessly and pulled the gun from her hips. She almost choked on what she was drinking as she was taken aback by his brazenness. She turned, dropped the bottle and raised her hands.

“Mr Raymond, you are making a big mistake,” she started slowly and continued. “Trust me, you do not want to do this. Think about it. You shoot me, and then what? How do you plan to escape? Just put the gun down and I will make you a legitimate deal.” She was walking slowly towards him.

“Stop! Don’t come any further or I will shoot.” Raymond said, pointing the gun at her. He was shaking visibly and the woman saw it as a weakness, and an opportunity to strike. She only had to get closer. She took another step.

“I said don’t move!” Raymond screamed and pressed the trigger. There was a loud bang, the bullet lodged in the door of the fridge. The lady was stunned. Had she not ducked right on time, the bullet would have caught her.

Then she smiled and said, “You missed. Now you are dead.”

She took a step forward and Raymond pulled the trigger again. Nothing happened. He pulled several times but there was no bullet in the gun. He had wasted the only bullet in the gun and now he was doomed. Steven heard the gunshot just as he pressed his ear to the door.

“Shot fired. I am going in.” Steven had said without waiting for a response. His gut feeling superseded any training or caution he felt. He was aware of the number of people he would have to deal with. Armed or not he knew he had a good chance of taking the hostiles down. He pushed the door open, brandishing a SilverBaller in each hand. Just as he went in, the door inside the room opened and the two agents inside came out with machine guns. Steven’s first instinct was to protect Raymond so he lurched forwards, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and pulled him down. With his leg, Steven kicked the metal table and together with Raymond ducked by the table using it as a shield.
The men with the machine guns opened fire on Steven and Raymond, their bullets flying everywhere. Steven knew they could not withstand the amount of firepower thrown at them. It was going to be a matter of time before they got hit. The lady had gone behind the fridge in an attempt to avoid the flying bullets. Steven signaled for Raymond to lift the table just about an inch. As Raymond did that, Steven fired for precise and accurate shots from the space between the table and the floor. The bullets caught the men on their legs and the fell to the ground. The firepower died down and immediately, Steven rolled to his side. He caught the lady just in time as she was making for one of the guns the agents had dropped.

“Freeze. Let me see your hands. Now!” Steven barked, keeping a gun on the lady and another on the guards just in case any of them got any ideas. Slowly she out her hands in the air,

“Now back up slowly.” He ordered.

As she backed up towards Steven, she suddenly dashed into a sprint and picked up one of the guns. Steven had no choice. He let a bullet fly. It caught her in the chest. He fired two more shots. Getting up, he walked to the lady who was barely alive and bleeding profusely.

“You shouldn’t have been so stupid.” He said and shot her in the head.

He walked to the agents who had been shooting the machine guns. They were wounded but they could survive. They were not going to be of any use to him as they were mere foot soldiers. He shot the first one and moved to the next. He pointed his gun and was about to shoot when Raymond stopped him.

“No! Don’t! That’s Biodun. He is the tech guy that has been handling all the work for her. He seemed like her right hand man. He could be useful.” Raymond said

“Okay then, Biodun. Today is your lucky day.”

After stopping the bleeding from his leg, they carried him till they got out of the house.

“James, do you see any exits for me?” Steven asked.

“Yes there is. You just have to walk ten minutes to the freeway and hitchhike, or wait for your sister who is fifteen minutes out.” James replied.

“We’ll wait.” Steven said and turning to Biodun, he continued,

“We have some catching up to do”

2 Likes

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2017
please visit www.amazingkevinjohn. for more
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Akinwale14(m): 11:24pm On May 15, 2017
Nice one bro,more update abeg
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Olabantu(m): 8:36am On May 16, 2017
Ok... Seems like Kay baba is back for real.... We welcome u bro
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 9:24am On May 16, 2017
Olabantu:
Ok... Seems like Kay baba is back for real.... We welcome u bro

I am back for real! finally defeated my enemies

Next update tomorrow at 8pm.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 9:25am On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
Nice one bro,more update abeg

What you ask for, you shall receive.

Stay tuned
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Akinwale14(m): 10:44am On May 16, 2017
kayemjay:

What you ask for, you shall receive.
Stay tuned
Thanks bro
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2017
kayemjay:

I am back for real! finally defeated my enemies

Next update tomorrow at 8pm.

Good evening guys...update had been typed and has been ready for days. My uncle (like a dad) is billed to undergo eye surgery and I have been with him all this time. I left my laptop at home as I had no idea I would stay here for this long.

We will see soon.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Akinwale14(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2017
Ok we are waiting.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Olabantu(m): 2:17am On May 26, 2017
Ok...I pray our earnest expectations shall not be cut off Sha... wishing him a good and successful surgery
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
Long time no see...

Life has been . . . unpredictable.

Let's get this restarted.
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
For a library of mind blowing reads, please visit Kevin's Books

CHAPTER 9 - Recruiting Hakeem

On this wet and chilly evening, Hakeem walked into Bar Extreme in Lekki Phase One. This particular suburb was famous for its super exclusive standard of living tailored towards the high and mighty. It had been raining all day reducing the amount of traffic that would normally congest Admiralty Road. Hakeem worked as a drone operator for a media firm. He was supposed to shoot a video of the third mainland bridge for a documentary but the downpour confined him to his house. He was already grumpy when he entered the bar and needed some alcohol to cool off.

The bar was dimly lit, bright enough to see where you were going but dark enough to conceal the numerous faces in the lounge. He paused as he shut the door behind him, taking in the scenery and deciding where would be the most private spot he could relax and have a drink all by himself. As he looked around, the DJ switched the music sending everyone into a wild groovy frenzy. Well, almost everyone. Hakeem was unmoved. He was in fact appalled to say the least. There was a group of about ten to twelve people dancing in the middle of bar, grinding against each other. He moved among the crowd until he found a corner where the music was less loud and the activity was not disturbing. Settling into a chair, he signalled to a waiter to make his order.

“Captain Black, please. On the rocks. Medium size” he said to the waiter who nodded and walked away.

Hakeem took out his phone from the pocket of his blazer to see seven missed calls. The calls were from his girlfriend, his boss and a hidden number. He made a mental note to return the calls in the morning. His drink arrived as he returned the phone. Settling his bulk comfortably in his chair and poured himself a glass. He sipped the contents of his glass gently, while looking round and taking in the sights of the bar. The DJ switched to R&B and the crowd on the dance floor reduced to a few couples. He was not surprised. It happened almost all the time. He was finishing his drink when a young lady came to where he sat. She smelled good and looked appealing. He could not make out her face, but from what he saw, Hakeem knew she was the kind of girl he would like. But on this day, Hakeem was in no mood for revelries. He just wanted to drink and go home.

“Hello handsome. Can I have some of what you are drinking?” she said, sitting next to him.

“I don’t remember saying you could sit.” Hakeem replied curtly.

“Oh, I see we have a macho here.” She responded. She took his glass, poured herself some of his drink and drained the glass in one gulp.

“Ah…strong! Just how I like it.” She finished and winked.

Hakeem grinned and wondered what the lady was doing flirting with him. She was not a call girl that much he could tell. She was decently dressed, looking more corporate than casual. On any other day Hakeem would have towed her line, taken her cue and they would probably be heading towards his place. However, he was not in the right frame of mind for what she was offering so he gave her no encouragement. She spoke to him some more, touching him as she flirted.

Out of nowhere, a mean looking man approached his table. He was at least 6.5 feet tall, had bulging biceps and the frame of a body builder. He wore a menacing look as he stopped in front of Hakeem.

“How dare you talk to my girl?” He quizzed, his fiery red eyes blazing in anger. He yanked the lady roughly from beside Hakeem and slapped her.

“Hey dude! That is no way to treat a lady. Where the hell did you get your home training from?” Hakeem said, standing up.

“First you try to take my girl, and now you have the guts to insult my parents?” He said flinging the girl away from him and facing Hakeem. He whistled softly and three men who had a body size just like his appeared from the darkness, menacingly dangerous.

“Look brother. I don’t want any trouble. I came here to have a drink and be on my way. I am sorry for talking to your girl. The next round is on me.” Hakeem said, his hands raised in surrender.

“It’s a little too late for that dude. You mess with me, you get a lesson. Boys, handle him.” The man ordered.

They rushed at Hakeem instantly, hitting him from all sides. He defended himself by covering his face, with his arms buckled around his ribs. He did not hit back. He just crouched, absorbing all the hits. The leader of the thugs went back to his girlfriend, picked her from the ground where she was sobbing, and slapped her. Twice in quick succession. Hakeem got angry.

He grabbed one of the thugs by the arm as he tried to lay a punch, twisted the arm and then punched him in the throat. The thug staggered backwards, gasping for air. Hakeem got to his feet, backing away slowly from the second thug who had grabbed a bottle from a table and broken it, using the base as a weapon. As Hakeem backed away he slowly took out his belt, folding it around his right fist. The thug ran at Hakeem, waving the broken bottle threateningly. Hakeem stood fast and waited for the right time. As the thug made to cut Hakeem with the broken bottle, Hakeem weaved slightly to the side, and punched the thug’s arm with his belt covered fist with the broken bottle falling to the ground. Hakeem then let out a series of one arm punches to the face of the thug with the belt covered fist. He held himself back when the thug fell, scattering tables, his face covered with blood.

The thug leader seeing that his goons were down, grabbed the lady by the arm and pulled her out of the bar. Hakeem held himself back from going after them. They were not his business. He felt blood in his mouth. There was a cut on his lower lip. He sat back down and grabbed his bottle. He was getting out of the place. He was almost at the door when the waiter caught up with him, informing him that he was yet to pay. He brought out his debit card and made to slot it into the POS when someone said from behind,

“Put it on my tab”

Hakeem walked back to thank the person who paid for his drink.

“Thank you very much. At least something good came out of this fracas.” Hakeem said stretching out his hand. The man shook his hand and nodded. The man wore an expensive white shirt tucked into a pair of pants. His blazer was hung on the chair on which he sat. He looked important, rich.

“My name is Hakeem.”

“Nice to meet you Hakeem. You can call me Sensei. Do you need a ride?”

“I would not mind at all, Sensei.”

Stay tuned.

Kevin's Books

2 Likes

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by Despirado121(m): 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
Welcom bak boss kayemjay. I hope u ar bak 4 real bro. I av to start afresh from the beginning now coz i've forgotten the tori line already!
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kayemjay(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2017
Despirado121:
Welcom bak boss kayemjay. I hope u ar bak 4 real bro. I av to start afresh from the beginning now coz i've forgotten the tori line already!

Thanks Boss

I am back. Updates today at 8pm (or so).

Just after the Manchester United match

1 Like

Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by kingphilip(m): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
kayemjay:

Thanks Boss

I am back. Updates today at 8pm (or so).

Just after the Manchester United match
welcome back boss

After Chelsea match I'll try reading all over again to get it
Re: SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny) by oluwaemmanuel: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
Kayemjay is back.. welcome bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time / Friday The 13th- The Haunted Mansion / Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again By Ola Rotimi, A Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.