Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals (26784 Views)

Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! / How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk / The New Female Condom Which Can 'make A Woman Orgasm Every Time' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Adesiji77: 7:43pm On May 20, 2015
For those who have gotten the "license" cool

-Men who ejaculate more frequently lower their risk of the disease
-Those who ejaculate 21 times a month or more cut their risk by 22%
-This was compared to men who ejaculated up to 7 times a month
-Theorists say orgasm flushes out cancer-causing chemicals and old cells

Regular orgasms can reduce the risk of prostate cancer, a study has found.
Men who ejaculate more regularly throughout their lives lower their risk of the disease.
The researchers, from Harvard Medical School, did not explain why orgasms could lower prostate cancer risk.
However it has previously been theorised that regular orgasms may flush out cancer-causing chemicals in the prostate.

Another theory is that if sperm is regularly cleaned out to allow new cells to develop, it helps stop the build-up of old cells that might be more likely to turn cancerous.
The prostate is a small satsuma-sized gland located between a man's penis and his bladder, whose main function is to produce a thick white fluid that is mixed with the sperm produced by the testicles, to create semen.

The new study is the largest to date on the frequency of ejaculation and and prostate cancer.
The researchers found that men in the 40-49 age bracket who ejaculate 21 or more times a month reduced their risk of prostate cancer by 22 per cent.

This was compared to men who ejaculate four to seven times a month.

While the researchers said they were unclear as to why ejaculation lowers the chances of prostate cancer, they called the results ‘particularly encouraging.’
The study followed almost 32,000 healthy men for 18 years, 3,839 of whom later were diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Men were asked about their average monthly frequency of ejaculation between the ages of 20 to 29, 40 to 49, and in 1991, the year prior to the questionnaire.
They found that the more frequently a man ejaculated throughout his life, the lower his risk of prostate cancer at all three of these points in time.
This was the case even when they adjusted their results to take factors such as diet, lifestyle and a history of prostate cancer screening into account.
Dr Jennifer Rider, of Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, said the results are ‘particularly encouraging’ but should be interpreted with caution.
She said: ‘While these data are the most compelling to date on the potential benefit of ejaculation on prostate cancer development, they are observational data and should be interpreted somewhat cautiously.
‘At the same time, given the lack of modifiable risk factors for prostate cancer, the results of this study are particularly encouraging.’

She added more research should be carried out into the specific changes in the prostate caused by ejaculation, to understand how it reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
The research was presented at the American Urological Society annual meeting in New Orleans in May.
More than 1.1 million cases of prostate cancer were recorded in 2012, accounting for around 8 per cent of all new cancer cases and 15 per cent in men, according to figures from the World Cancer Research Fund International.
The causes of prostate cancer are largely unknown, but the chances of developing the disease increase as a man gets older.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3087953/An-orgasm-day-lower-man-s-risk-prostate-cancer-20-study-reveals.html#ixzz3ahnLIdY1
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Ishilove: 8:09pm On May 20, 2015
The word 'Erupt' brings to mind a volcano...erupting and spewing hot...thick...lava embarassed grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Arch1: 8:14pm On May 20, 2015
Ishilove:
The word 'Erupt' brings to mind a volcano...erupting and spewing hot...thick...lava embarassed grin
You dis girl eeehn

2 Likes

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Rexphobia(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2015
Where is my vaseline? Where is my lappie? Time to start taking my health seriously.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2015
They don come again o......another good news to the Vaseline crew grin wink cheesy

38 Likes

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by baybeeboi: 8:16pm On May 20, 2015
oya where the Vaseline crew?

another reason to get more Vaseline.

Btw, wetin that first person mean by

''hot...thick...lava''

4 Likes

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by wendycindy(f): 8:17pm On May 20, 2015
Oya guys come and drop y'al comments o... Lemme read.

1 Like

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by sonnie10: 8:17pm On May 20, 2015
No wonder!

1 Like

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by hkidola00(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2015
*holds speaker* vaseline crew are u ready

19 Likes

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by eleojo23: 8:17pm On May 20, 2015
Don’t use disease prevention to sell the idea of promiscuity.

9 Likes

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by shamecurls(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2015
Is these another way of promoting Vaseline

9 Likes

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by tolexy007(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2015
Ok......noted
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by TheFilmmaker: 8:18pm On May 20, 2015
Everyone is just looking for additional excuses to get laid grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by chamboy(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2015
How possible
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2015
Good news for men like us

-ZeezaRapture
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by realtestament(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2015
Abeg guys make una no finish una sisters cream o

1 Like

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Eyop: 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
Ishilove:

I fear you ooooooh
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by mencade6: 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
grabs bottle of anointing oil.

Falls on my knees.

This is not a praying thing

pulls trousers.......applies oil on palms.

W a n k s till eternity.....tongue

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Emekamex(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
Vaseline....Saving lives since 1960.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by mentorandfriend(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
Best news of the day for members of the vaseline crewgrin

Not encouraging you guys anyway.

Aside the effect of testosterone on the prostrate, excess prostatic contraction (from orgasm over the years) promotes benign prostratic hypertrophy; a leading cause of urinary retention, hydronephrosis, etc in adult males. Just saying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by UncleSnr(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
Vaseline

1 Like

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by jerryunit48: 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
No be lie
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by james669: 8:19pm On May 20, 2015
I 'erupt' only 2 times a day undecided will need to increase count cause i want to live very long grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by AnneMomoh: 8:20pm On May 20, 2015
This type of research is not ' good ' oh
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Nellizzy(m): 8:20pm On May 20, 2015
what if i don't have a woman
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by Jaymima(f): 8:20pm On May 20, 2015
Jaymima:
-Theorists say orgasm flushes out cancer-causing
chemicals and old cells.

The above is number 4 point.

I had a hostel mate in my undergrad days who would come out to announce to whoever cares to listen that she needs hot sp **m.
Imperial, I Hope you dey come read for this forum, that is if you never become member?
Re: An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals by charly4lyf(m): 8:21pm On May 20, 2015
Over to you, vaseline crew. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Why We Won’t Reveal Italian Identity – Lagos Govt / Coronavirus: Thieves Steal 6000 Hygiene Masks In Japan. / Fly Entered My Ear Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.