Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? (560 Views)

Widows Care Givers In Lagos. / Househelps- YES Or NO (give Reasons) / Shared Domestic Responsibilities Vs. Having Househelps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? by Cutehector(m): 10:56pm On May 20, 2015
From the stories happenin, househelps have been involved in kidnappin or abusin kids... Do u think its wise for strangers to be employed as house helps?

Cc: lalasticlala.. Biko, I take God beg u, help me put this to front page.. Its a good topic grin
Re: Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? by Kimmo(f): 11:37pm On May 20, 2015
The source of the stranger is the most important.
Re: Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? by Ritateach: 7:47am On Sep 08, 2021
Kimmo:
The source of the stranger is the most important.
. It's very risky. But I would still prefer a stranger than family. I have had helps from the North through people I know or got introduced to and luckily I haven't had any issue with any of them. When they get to your home, love them pieces, allow them call their family back home anytime they want to. Don't discriminate them from your kids and be extra vigilant the first few months. Set traps so you can see what they are up to. Be their friends big time. You can't bring a stranger to your home without proper monitoring till you are comfortable with them. It's risky but sometimes one doesn't have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? by socialmediaman: 7:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Re: Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? by ImaIma1(f): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
Which family members? Those ones are usually more problematic than the strangers.
Re: Househelps. Should Strangers Be Used As Care Givers? by MufasaLion: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Strangers are better because tgey know they are rendering their services and you're paying them (with some other incentives). It's always ideal to be very cautious of who you wanna hire. Make sure you do some background check on them if necessary because Nigeria is not what it used to be.

Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Superheroes Win Prizes On Children's Day At Tantalizers / How To Celebrate This Oncoming Father's Day? / Tribute To My Mum Who Is 14 Years Today In Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.