Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) (25218 Views)

Houseboy, Driver's Names Used To Open $15m Accounts For Patience Jonathan- Punch / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by SeverusSnape(m): 8:30am On May 21, 2015
Vikkie14:
Lol... Man, You dont get it.
Which African Leader did what he did? You are not a good student of history. This isn't about Complimenting alone but also Commending.
Imagine if he didn't concede defeat, Nigeria will be in chaos by now. Nigeria will have Implode. And you know, WHEN NIGERIA SNEEZES, EVERY AFRICAN COUNTRIES WILL CATCH THE COLD. We would have been another Syria, Libya.
And don't forget the Western Prophesy of "Nigeria will break in 2015".
If you don't know, American Marines were stationed in Ghana incase of their evil prophesy coming to fruition.

We only thank God and the prayerful Nigerians who makes thing as they were today.

Even if any African leader had conceded defeat, which of them had called his opponent "prior-to" and "post" Winner Announcement?

If every other African Leaders have "OUTSTAND" him, he "STAND OUT" among them.
You're talking to ionsman, Do you think the small boy knows anything?... He doesn't even understand all these salient points you gave. Thanks nonetheless

3 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by nsyforreal: 8:31am On May 21, 2015
Vikkie14:
Which African Leader did what he did? You are not a good student of history. This isn't about Complimenting alone but also Commending.
Imagine if he didn't concede defeat, Nigeria will be in chaos by now. Nigeria will have Implode. And you know, WHEN NIGERIA SNEEZES, EVERY AFRICAN COUNTRIES WILL CATCH THE COLD. We would have been another Syria, Libya.
If you don't know, American Marines were stationed in Ghana incase of their evil prophesy coming to fruition.

We only thank God and the prayerful Nigerians who makes thing as they were today.

Even if any African leader had conceded defeat, which of them had called his opponent "prior-to" and "post" Winner Announcement?

Bro,please leave the fools.they don't appreciate what Jonathan has done for this country.if he had refused to handover,this country would have been in turmoil .

leave them ,they don't know anything.they talk like fools most times.

Am sure buhari wouldn't have accepted if he lost.an incumbent President conceding defeat and calling the winner.my god.

Posterity wilk judge him.he is a democrat.

3 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ElFenomeno1: 8:31am On May 21, 2015
Vikkie14:
And that Simple but Hard Act makes you the Most Democratic President Africa had ever witness. You really act in the Spirit of Sportmanship.

Don't worry, we will vote for you to win the Nobel Peace Prize and the MO Ibrahim Award. Do you know why?

You Deserve It Sir.

Shut the fu....ck up!
GEJ did the normal thing... Nothing special
Its a win or lose situation and he lost, so it is expected he concedes defeat and move over for someone who is not inept, corrupt and clueless!
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by YOMNIK: 8:31am On May 21, 2015
you indeed a leader, a symbol of peace. weldone sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Nobody: 8:32am On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

Aden Abdullah Osman conceded defeat.
Abdoulaye Wade conceded defeat.
Kenneth David Kaunda conceded defeat.
Rupiah Bwezani Danda conceded defeat.
Your Stupid Papa conceded defeat. grin

I guess you can now start talking about Gej.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by mandax: 8:33am On May 21, 2015
anonimi:

Such as former military DICTATOR, General Muhammadu Buhari in 2003, 2007 and 2011, not so

[img]http://olaoluwabimibola.files./2011/05/nysc-corpers-buring-their-dead.jpg[/img]

Jonah spineless: by conceding to an ex-coupist, he undersigned the phenomenon of soldiers overthrowing a civilian govt, and after ruling, the soldier comes back in a democracy to be voted president. It is unbelievable that Jonah spineless did not see the danger he is leaving the country in. Unbelievable that he has no Plan B to leave Nigeria in better hands.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ybalogs(m): 8:33am On May 21, 2015
Conceding defeat in that manner is worth the lifes of at least over a thousand innocent Nigerians so it will always be commendable but that singular act wouldn't make us forget the stealing is not corruption saga, the mailings by BH, fuel scarcity, wasteful spending, chibok girls, misuse of power, etc. All in all, Nigerians has spoken and all we need now is prayers for those at the helms to do what's right.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by chuksbogus2001: 8:33am On May 21, 2015
Ellashow:
Mr President, you conceded defeats because you lost...simple

Stop sugar coating your defeats. Trouble only looms when defeated and you refused to step down and go the Gbagbo route.

Enough of all this 'herotic' talk, go and rest, you've tried. ah
danot1030:
Enough of this, Jonathan should quit acting as though he did anybody a favour by conceding defeat, after all the throne is not his personal property, he got there by privilege and so he should be a gentle loser and go home. That some people are calling him a hero is a mistake, the true hero of this democratic dispensation is Prof. Atahiru Jega, if not for him Jonathan and his men originally planned to rig the election to retain power. The postponement of the election, the dollarization of the south west, the frantic effort to discredit the effort and to remove Jega before the election and the opposition to the usage of card reader and many other ploy by the PDP were all testimonies to the fact that Jonathan already knew he did not stand a chance in the election. So he should spare his song of regret and go home.
size40:
Mr President lied. He had no choice than to accept defeat. Mr GEJ knows what would have befallen him if he had not accepted defeat when majority of both Nigerians and world leaders no longer back him up

All of you that are only existing should think before you talk. The whole world saw the hero in him, saw the sacrifice, the patriotism, the good heart and all that comes with him and raised him high to the extent of making him a World leader and you are here reasoning anticlockwise or are you guys wiseer and more knowledgeable than not one, two or three leaders of the world? u, but of the whole world. you here that are talking down on him don't even have a say in the scheme of things in Nigeria let alone of the world where he operates now. He might not be the best president but that singular act deserves commendation.
MOVE ON MY HERO.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by EmmyDe25(m): 8:34am On May 21, 2015
Changes nothing
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by inimitkel(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2015
satelliteDISH:

The truth is he wants to prevent probe from GMB.
And I really don't see him escaping it

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by charlesucheh(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2015
Why is he saying it as if he had a choice? It is expedient he does or the conflict wouldn't be on Nigerians alone but on him,his family and generation to come. My dear president it's not a threat ooooO, but an assurance. Laurent gbagbo tried and lasted for some time, but where is he now? You too can follow suit if you so wish!!!
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by anonimi: 8:36am On May 21, 2015
mandax:
Jonah spineless: by conceding to an ex-coupist, he undersigned the phenomenon of soldiers overthrowing a civilian govt, and after ruling, the soldier comes back in a democracy to be voted president. It is unbelievable that Jonah spineless did not see the danger he is leaving the country in.

What is OBJ who ruled as civilian president for two terms of 8 years and almost got a third term despite achieving NOTHING in the two terms

We, the citizens of this country are the real spineless ones!

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by litetias(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Nigerians passionately hate you sir. (includin me)

Laughing till tears comot for my eyes

Seriously this fella did not have the spine to hold on to power when there was irrefutable evidence that the people were fed up with his misrule.

PDP should put the blame at this guy's doorstep because he singlehandedly destroyed the once biggest party in Africa.

Goodluck indeed.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by charlesucheh(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2015
chuksbogus2001:

All of you that are only existing should think before you talk. The whole world saw the hero in him, saw the sacrifice, the patriotism, the good heart and all that comes with him and raised him high to the extent of making him a World leader and you are here reasoning anticlockwise or are you guys wiseer and more knowledgeable than not one, two or three leaders of the world? u, but of the whole world. you here that are talking down on him don't even have a say in the scheme of things in Nigeria let alone of the world where he operates now. He might not be the best president but that singular act deserves commendation.
MOVE ON MY HERO.
Ok sir! We've noticed you.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2015
satelliteDISH:

The truth is he wants to prevent probe from GMB.
God bless your discerning ability! The man is very sleeky...he knew that if he resisted, it wont last and it would go against that sold mantra that he's a gentleman and humble...the truth is that we are easily deceived in these country...

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by abtmaviz(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2015
I concur

You are a leader by example

Hope other africans leader could live by such example, I believe Africa would've become a better place.

Longlive #TeamGEJ

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by pinkiberry(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2015
nigeria wil 4eva remember u for it

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by tolexy007(m): 8:38am On May 21, 2015
b
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by tlops(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2015
Vikkie14:

is south Africa not practicing democracy? is that not in Africa? Did Mandela not handover to Mbeki? did Thabo Mbeki not handover to Zulu?

Enough of all this: concession-hero thing. The normal thing to do is to give way when you lose an election. Except in Africa (Especially Nigeria) we have turn the abnormal things to normal.

Dear President GEJ you did what was expected of you, so no bribing and no hero-worshipping from my side. Its this same attitude that spreads to civils service, where you are expected to pay bribe to a man for doing the job he is already being paid for (it is your job do it and dont expect even a thank you). You lost the election the normal thing is to handover to the winner, which you are already doing. No one expects you to stay longer than may 29.

Get over it Mr president, you are a good man and we will not forget you (after all we have not forgotten Abacha).

2 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by ionsman: 8:40am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=uniqueboi post=33948247][/quote]
Take yam.I know you are hungry. ..

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by driand(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2015
nationwide1:
What a golden heart!

"... I conceded defeat to keep Nigeria away from conflict."

...You need to have a country before having the ambition to become the president ".

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
EX-PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by charlesucheh(m): 8:43am On May 21, 2015
nsyforreal:

Bro,please leave the fools.they don't appreciate what Jonathan has done for this country.if he had refused to handover,this country would have been in turmoil .

leave them ,they don't know anything.they talk like fools most times.

Am sure buhari wouldn't have accepted if he lost.an incumbent President conceding defeat and calling the winner.my god.

Posterity wilk judge him.he is a democrat.
your "god"!!! so you worship a small god!! No wonder you rant like a prejudicial oriented person. Try serving this GOD and see how wide your brains will go.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by midasbliss(f): 8:43am On May 21, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Nigerians passionately hate you sir. (includin me)
Excluding Me

2 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by mandax: 8:44am On May 21, 2015
anonimi:

What is OBJ who ruled as civilian president for two terms of 8 years and almost got a third term despite achieving NOTHING in the two terms

We, the citizens of this country are the real spineless ones!

To some degree, OBJ did reform the military, made it a force for entire Nigeria, not a force dominated by one region of the country. What reform did Jonathan spineless do in six years in power? Those who nicknamed him clueless from beginning .... lol

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by tolexy007(m): 8:45am On May 21, 2015
Ellashow:
Mr President, you conceded defeats because you lost...simple

Stop sugar coating your defeats. Trouble only looms when defeated and you refused to step down and go the Gbagbo route.

Enough of all this 'herotic' talk, go and rest, you've tried. ah
think b4 u type, When Gbagbo refuse to leave the d office there Was chaos in his country, do u know how many people died? if Gej refuse to conced defeat and prob started; what is tendency dat u will b where u are today or u will b alive? let us try to appriciate peace.

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by gists: 8:45am On May 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

BROS HE DID US A FAVOUR,ABIOLA WON AND IBB DID NOT HAND OVER TO HIM AND THE HEAVENS DID NOT FALL.IBB IS STILL ALIVE IN HIS HOUSE CHOPPING SUYA AND RED WINE AND ABIOLA IS ROTTING IN THE GRAVE
Bros GEJ did not do us any favour for conceding. If anything at all, he did himself a massive favour by not trying anything stup!d. Just imagine what would have happened: he was just the commander-in-chief by mouth. If he was truly the commander-in-chief of the Armed forces, he wouldn't be afraid to visit chibok and other crisis area for so many months. What does this tell us? He would have been swept aside in a day because the he was not truly in control of the army - the army was more loyal to other covert power brokers. Who do you think the army will listen to if crisis broke out - GEJ or Abdul Sallam? Coupled that with the lack of support in the majority of the regions in the country and absolutely no int'l support from countries that matter.
With little or no support from the army; at least 4 out or 6 regions of the country are against him and zero int'l support, the odds were hugely against him and he made the smartest choice. Besides, he learnt from contrast experience of IBB and Abdul Sallam - they both stole alot of money but Abdul Sallam gets all the credits and int'l recognition just because he handed over to a democratically elected president. Why will he trade that chance of being called a state-man when he know he cannot win the war if he doesn't concede defeat - Gbagbo is still fresh in his mind.

Your reference to IBB is completely out of place. IBB was a millitary ruler. He WAS FULLY in control of the army unlike gej. So gej did himself a huge favour and not Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by AskProf: 8:46am On May 21, 2015
ionsman:

Other African leaders did it before him. Enough of this Gej ass-licking. angry

Tell them o.

2 Likes

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by Pope22(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2015
I love GEJ

1 Like

Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by freeborn76(m): 8:48am On May 21, 2015
Jonathan you conceded because you lost, period!
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by dvee2: 8:48am On May 21, 2015
Mr Outgoing president, the question is, DID YOU LOST THE ELECTION, YES OR NO? Answer.
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by simplynola(m): 8:48am On May 21, 2015
Which crisis? Abeg go sidon! Count down to Otuoke 2015!
Re: I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) by mrbeam: 8:49am On May 21, 2015
Look at this guy oh, so if not for crisis you wont have conceded defeat... God save u say u concede am sef cos if u wan use veto power na den naija go split... shior

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Appears In High Court In Lagos / FLASHBACK: Sanusi Doesn't Know How Oil Revenues Are Remitted - Andrew Yakubu / Buhari To Decide Next Senate President For Us - Omo-agege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.