Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo (8704 Views)

Man Mentions Buhari, Jumps In River In Lagos (Photo) / LIVE !!! Fighter Jet Around Niger-Delta Region... / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by backtosender: 2:10am On May 21, 2015
When you watch the video then you will find out the Anioma is igbo only few people are migrant from benin.An elder man from Anioma land told the news men that they are 100% igbos no body should lie to them...So the people from South West should stop spreading lies on NL

https://www.facebook.com/ibopeople/videos/972082982804748/?type=1&theater
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by stevnwigw1: 2:44am On May 21, 2015
thats right
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by LoveDecay(m): 3:52am On May 21, 2015
backtosender:
When you watch the video then you will find out the Anioma is igbo only few people are migrant from benin.An elder man from Anioma land told the news men that they are 100% igbos no body should lie to them...So the people from South West should stop spreading lies on NL

Another stupid generalization - that a name determines who you are. Blood determines who you are and you dont tell me who's blood runs through my veins unless you are my father.

5 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Nobody: 4:29am On May 21, 2015
So who are the Olukunmi
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Nobody: 5:08am On May 21, 2015
LoveDecay:

Another stupid generalization - that a name determines who you are. Blood determines who you are and you dont tell me who's blood runs through my veins unless you are my father.
You answer a name relative to your language. unless you are saying the Igbos colonised them?
As if we are begging anybody to answer Igbo.

13 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by backtosender: 8:25am On May 21, 2015
jcmaiah:

You answer a name relative to your language. unless you are saying the Igbos colonised them?
As if we are begging anybody to answer Igbo.
the worst thing is that the fool didnt watch the video

3 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by sebali: 11:16am On May 21, 2015
backtosender:

Sharrrrap.

My boss is from anioma and wud neva accept being addressed as an ibo man

7 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by size40: 12:13pm On May 21, 2015
Everybody is from Igbo. Ikwerre people are Igbos. Asaba people are Igbos . Anioma people are Igbos. Opobo people are Igbos. Benin people are Igbos. Isreali people are Igbos Lebanese people are Igbos etc. When will the Igbos stop making fool and mockery of themselves in Nigeria? Coming from a place or tribe is not the same thing like belonging to a political parties where allegiance is freely switched. We are from different tribes. So the earlier the Igbos understands this the better for them.

22 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by backtosender: 12:59pm On May 21, 2015
nobody is begging you, igbo people just want you to stop using their names and culture simple you cannnot asnwer igbo names and claim alien to igbos you sound like a prodigal son and u are unclean to be igbo

5 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by backtosender: 1:02pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

Sharrrrap.

and who cares if he want to be address as yoruba if he want.. he might be the ones that migrated from benin watch the video and hear from real anioma people so he is not ibo true true

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Remarkable: 1:16pm On May 21, 2015
LoveDecay:

Did you watch the video?
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by worthytalk: 1:20pm On May 21, 2015
Igbo is a language not tribe. we are all Biafra.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by famtech: 1:59pm On May 21, 2015
size40:
Everybody is from Igbo. Ikwerre people are Igbos. Asaba people are Igbos . Anioma people are Igbos. Opobo people are Igbos. Benin people are Igbos. Isreali people are Igbos Lebanese people are Igbos etc. When will the Igbos stop making fool and mockery of themselves in Nigeria? Coming from a place or tribe is not the same thing like belonging to a political parties where allegiance is freely switched. We are from different tribes. So the earlier the Igbos understands this the better for them.

Bearing Igbo name or speaking igbo doesn't make one an igbo person pleeeeeaaaase.If so people bearing English names and speaking English should all be from England.Igbo people park well abeg,una trouble too much.all of you wanting to claim SS teritory is because of the black gold underneath,if not una for don run since.when Naija go break ,e bi say may be six pieces.so please clue to ur five pieces make we manage our six our six pieces.

11 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by christopher123(m): 2:46pm On May 21, 2015
ydass:
So who are the Olukunmi
Igbonized people .
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by christopher123(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2015
famtech:

Bearing Igbo name or speaking igbo doesn't make one an igbo person pleeeeeaaaase.If so people bearing English names and speaking English should all be from England.Igbo people park well abeg,una trouble too much.all of you wanting to claim SS teritory is because of the black gold underneath,if not una for don run since.when Naija go break ,e bi say may be six pieces.so please clue to ur five pieces make we manage our six our six pieces.

Pls grow up ..if a village uses igbo market days like eke afor nkwo and orie...they are igbo

If u call God chukwu Olise..your igbo

If ur village call land ani or ana or ala..your igbo

Bearing igbo names makes u igbo
Just like bearing. Muhammad makes u a Muslim or with Muslim origin

We have igbo in edo and benue
Now think

3 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by OduaVanguard: 2:59pm On May 21, 2015
christopher123:

Pls grow up ..if a village uses igbo market days like eke afor nkwo and orie...they are igbo

Now think

Oh pls! I adhere to the Roman calendar but that doesn't make me Catholic nor a Roman. I speak English as an adopted second language and for easy communication with the outside world but that doesn't make me an Englishman. A people can adopt alien language and cultures for different reasons, e.g colonization, trade, religious affiliation, slavery, immigration, survival, assimilation, etc.

14 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Gr8amechi: 3:00pm On May 21, 2015
sebali:

Sharrrrap.

don't mind the fool I wonder this their igbo cry cry thing

5 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Gr8amechi: 3:03pm On May 21, 2015
backtosender:
and who cares if he want to be address as yoruba if he want.. he might be the ones that migrated from benin watch the video and hear from real anioma people so he is not ibo true true
stop being foolish, that somebody is not Igbo don't make them Yoruba, and for your claim where did Igbo originate from tell me one country that answer Igbo name that you would say you originated from that make anyone that answer the name or from lower Niger an Igbo person??

4 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Gr8amechi: 3:19pm On May 21, 2015
I took my time to watch the video carefully, now for that man on black shirt, he said the simple truth and wasn't sentimental unlike the last man who call himself chief that knows history only for him to be reading from paper, its a disgrace for a chief not to know his own origin but depend on written note. My questions are why was it that delta was never part of the Igbo throughout state creations what is the difference between Biafra and Igbo ?? does it mean that Igbo is the official language of Biafra??

4 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by sigain: 3:24pm On May 21, 2015
no mind them, i blame the benins who discovered them.
Gr8amechi:
don't mind the fool I wonder this their igbo cry cry thing

2 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by sigain: 3:29pm On May 21, 2015
Mumu, talk with brain and stop using tribalism to comment.
backtosender:

1 Like

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by asha80(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2015
Gr8amechi:
I took my time to watch the video carefully, now for that man on black shirt, he said the simple truth and wasn't sentimental unlike the last man who call himself chief that knows history only for him to be reading from paper, its a disgrace for a chief not to know his own origin but depend on written note. My questions are why was it that delta was never part of the Igbo throughout state creations what is the difference between Biafra and Igbo ?? does it mean that Igbo is the official language of Biafra??
your questions are danm funny..first Biafra was name given to the then eastern region that wanted to break away from Nigeria and anioma people were under Midwestern region..
Ojukwu simply had no.power to go to Midwestern assembly to cut out anioma to join Biafra then...please go read up how mid west was created and how Dennis osadebey ended up becoming premier of that region..too many people just lack the patience and ability to read and understand...the first guy that was interviewed wearing black obviously believes in hearsay than reality..imagine him saying that is what they were told instead of finding out what really happened

2 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by zendy: 3:32pm On May 21, 2015
The cities of Onitsha and Asaba are separated by the river Niger. I can walk across the Niger bridge from Onitsha to Asaba in less than 10 minutes. Asaba is a core Igbo city. However, Asaba is in the SS while Onitsha is in the SE. Next thing,they will say because Asaba is in the SS, it is not Igbo. When we Igbos get Biafra, we are not going to release one inch of Anioma to anybody!

7 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Tycyborg(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2015
Gr8amechi:

biafra is a no land and its not even in any map of the world... So there is nothing like biafra its just a word used by the igbo people. And in truth not all people in the SE are igbo due to migration so if some from SE tells you that he or she is not an igbo then i think the person is right even if they speak igbo language... I speak igbo and it doesnt make me an igbo boy its just like igbo speaking yoruba in the west.

7 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by asha80(m): 3:40pm On May 21, 2015
Tycyborg:

biafra is a no land and its not even in any map of the world... So there is nothing like biafra its just a word used by the igbo people. And in truth not all people in the SE are igbo due to migration so if some from SE tells you that he or she is not an igbo then i think the person is right even if they speak igbo language... I speak igbo and it doesnt make me an igbo boy its just like igbo speaking yoruba in the west.
your last sentence is off the mark
Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by disumusa: 4:13pm On May 21, 2015
Iam an hausa,the intrest of igbos in ss is the oil, ibos already obtaning,cheating,dominating,collecting land of south south, during the time of war thinking they've won biafra.

10 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by MEILYN(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2015
christopher123:

Now think
Na wa for you ooo. Are you trying to say the Igala people that share almost the same market days with Igbos, have some similar words and names with the Igbos are actually Igbos? Stop claiming everybody now. My surname is Idoko and I have seen some Igbos who bear same name but that doesnt make an Igbo person.

8 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Gr8amechi: 4:24pm On May 21, 2015
asha80:
your questions are danm funny..first Biafra was name given to the then eastern region that wanted to break away from Nigeria and anioma people were under Midwestern region..
Ojukwu simply had no.power to go to Midwestern assembly to cut out anioma to join Biafra then...please go read up how mid west was created and how Dennis osadebey ended up becoming premier of that region..too many people just lack the patience and ability to read and understand...the first guy that was interviewed wearing black obviously believes in hearsay than reality..imagine him saying that is what they were told instead of finding out what really happened
thank you for your contributions I know the point you raised about Anioma wasn't included during the war, my point is if in the right sense like the later chief claimed why didnt osadebe secede with his supposed brothers?? and one thing I want to point out to the Igbo across the Niger is that those in delta don't behave like them. Believe it or not (though I can't speak of any other part apart from the ndokwa) some of the people you see that are indigen aren't really from there though they speak the language,bear their names and others, Igbo should cease this fight of Biafra this Biafra that and get their way into government, not always looking foe who they want to join them in a quest that no one knows how its gonna end, enough if the playing minority and marginalization

4 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by ahaz: 4:25pm On May 21, 2015
size40:
rather ure the one fooling Urself. For the records the Igbo have never forced itself on any tribe secondly the igbos don't rely on anybody for their survival so to the topic my names re chijoke eke and am frm Isiokpo rivers state and an ikwere man by understanding but an Igbo by culture nd norm, an individual's name is his identity so if my parents claim I am not Igbo or has no Igbo affiliation why am I bearing an Igbo name it's as simple as ABC If u claim ure not Igbo invent ur own language nd ur names. Will u tell me a kaba man frm kogi bearing yomi is not yoruba? It's only fools that fall for ur antics u devilish yorubas nd ur slave masters up north u people re busy uniting urselfs nd keep sowing seeds of discord amongst us down south, ur useless father's deceived our father's nd nw u guys wants to continue were they stopped e no go work

11 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Ilekeh(f): 4:28pm On May 21, 2015
SS people (not the dunce on NL) are waking up. They know Ibos claim SS for sea access and for SS oil. Without SS, Ibos are landlocked.

Ijaws think Nigeria is bad now, wait till Biafra starts calling your land a "no man's land".

10 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Ilekeh(f): 4:31pm On May 21, 2015
ahaz:
rather ure the one fooling Urself. For the records the Igbo have never forced itself on any tribe secondly the igbos don't rely on anybody for their survival so to the topic my names re chijoke eke and am frm Isiokpo rivers state and an ikwere man by understanding but an Igbo by culture nd norm, an individual's name is his identity so if my parents claim I am not Igbo or has no Igbo affiliation why am I bearing an Igbo name it's as simple as ABC If u claim ure not Igbo invent ur own language nd ur names. Will u tell me a kaba man frm kogi bearing yomi is not yoruba? It's only fools that fall for ur antics u devilish yorubas nd ur slave masters up north u people re busy uniting urselfs nd keep sowing seeds of discord amongst us down south, ur useless father's deceived our father's nd nw u guys wants to continue were they stopped e no go work

Ibos rely on Lagos for their survival.

There are ports in the east, yet Ibos prefer living in Yorubaland.

7 Likes

Re: video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo by Gr8amechi: 4:31pm On May 21, 2015
ahaz:
baba calm down, I have a Yoruba man that stay in my home town before I was born most of the children answer my native name, he belongs to a family now in my village, does that make him from my village?? like his next 2 generations would claim they are from my place though they know their true root, names and culture don't make you belong to a tribe in these modern day, if now why are you Igbo and bear a biblical name or does wearing English wear make you English??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy/daddy Hookup / Governor Udom At The 2nd Edition Of Udom For 2019 Football Championship / Onitsha Hosted Many Ghanaian Immigrant Musicians And Non-igbo Highlife Artists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.