Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of (21167 Views)

Aminu Gamawa Bags Doctorate Degree At Harvard Law School,US.Photos / Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Ngozi Iweala Looses Yale University Honorary Doctorate Degree Over These Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by DickDastardly(m): 9:49am On May 21, 2015
HMmm
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by AnneMomoh: 9:51am On May 21, 2015
no be small thing
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by ESSIETO(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2015
wetin cum concern dis man? na him name dem write for the award? see me see jealosy. shocked

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by mmsen: 9:51am On May 21, 2015
If you think that any of these awards go to people that help others then you are naive.

These are the same academic institutions that employ the policy makers that have caused economic chaos and environmental destruction the world over.

NOI is in good company if she is what the author of this letter claims that she is.

P.S.
Most economists are 'text book economists' - the economists who presided over the worst global economic crisis of the post-war era were somehow unable to foresee that there would be a downturn to match the climb. Gordon Brown in the UK even proclaimed that they had put paid to the era of 'boom and bust'. The people teaching and the people learning economics are equally as clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by KrizOrryOseas(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2015
I jst land from yankee, I wan buy land for here at least for a start... I don't mind if oloshos dem de available
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by islandmoon: 9:54am On May 21, 2015
we dont need big grammer to explain this.

we are suffering from unemployment in this country, yet! this woman and Jonathan prefer to overlook that and proceed to buying refined petroleum product from another government who provide employment for her citizen by refining crude oil and selling it to Nigerian and west African Nations.

if Nigeria refineries are working and built to full capacity, imagine the revenue the FG will raised from selling Petrol, diesel , etc to 200million Nigerians , that = more REVENUE

Imagine the number of present unemployed youth and expert that will be trained and gain EMPLOYMENT
direct employment into the ministry of petroleum and it will still engage many other sectors, our engineer, laborer, tanker drivers, accountants, banks etc..

this will also make Nigeria independent , and reduce expenditure on money spent abroad thereby increasing employment in our country and reducing it where we presently buying refined product from, even the Naira will be strong

this is madness... i just get pissed off at our leaders anytime am trying to explain this.
i wonder if they have brain, ministry of petroleum has restricted itself to merely selling and looting of crude oil and 18 billion dollars..
our leaders have curry in their head instead of brain because these alone is enough prove, its that simple.

no power , no nothing, Indian have no oil but they are able to engage people working in textile industries.

3 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by SeverusSnape(m): 9:54am On May 21, 2015
Caseless:
Good!

That text-book-economist of a woman that is bereft of practical application and good policies does not even deserve to be awarded a 'certificate of attendance' not to talk of the honorary one.

She helped that clueless effete to lead us to the hypabyssal of economic quagmire and epilepsy. angry
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin
"the text book economist", I wish Buhari was even a note book economist, You're pained that the illiterate dullard from Daura doesn't even have a single certificate talk more of one from an ivy league institution, Go and withdraw it let's see. grin
Rubbish!!!

8 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Nobody: 9:56am On May 21, 2015
weyreypey:

We are going to mount pressure on them ...massively

So? We have no right to determine who gets an honorary award or not. Sign all you can. It ain't changing nothing. Everybody has an opinion about anybody and anything and we can't force them to change it. I believe Yale University have heard about all the complaints people have been making about the Minister, but it didn't prevent them from forming their opinion about her, and neither will the petition and your signature.

If they offered you or any of your relatives a scholarship, tell me you would reject it cos they gave Ngozi an honorary award.

3 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by stevenakolo: 9:56am On May 21, 2015
That woman is too elitist. People need to see improvements in their life by themselves not a minister telling them their life has improved.

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by christopher123(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2015
To be honest and frank, Yoruba obsession with anything IGBO is becoming nausating and sickening...this is what they are known for - PULL HIM DOWN SYNDROME. Yes the mod can ban me but I must be frank about this. This man is NOBODY AND NOT WORTHY TO WASH NGOZI panties....other tribes have known the jealousy and pull him down threat of these south western people(Not all but Most of them)

What is wrong with these people, they had the opportunity to be great tribe but they messed it up dancing owambe and owo mi da

They had opportunity during colonial times, they messed it up with lagos crowd
another opportunity during biafra war..they messed it up with complacency
another opportunity presented itself after baifra war and indinization decree...they still messed it up

Igbos bounced back and took over the economic and educational space, they are hating

This is becoming annoying I must say

I am sorry if i hurt anybody but the truth must be known...MOST YORUBAS ARE BACKSTABBERS AND PULL HIM DOWN PEOPLE

Have a great day

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by philfrey08: 10:02am On May 21, 2015
Whether its withdrawn or not, it doesn't remove or add to her name. She has an original doctorate with honoraries from different Universities.
Shes a success story working nyt and day to improve herself and better her society.
Nairalanders wake up and work

5 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by boxypane(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2015
I support.
All she ever did was explain policies that has helped increased the countries debt profile. It did got worse with GEJ in power, more corruption, more borrowing, debt increase, decrease in d value of the naira etc. Its been really messy.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by dotna(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2015
This is not funny
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Nobody: 10:04am On May 21, 2015
Jealous and devious yoruba (ofe*mmanu) rats(people) fighting the ibo people since 1815.

7 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by InvertedHammer: 10:05am On May 21, 2015
/
I think they should have given the award to her without bringing in the issues about economy and corruption.

That is what is abhorrent about the award.

\
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Keegan: 10:05am On May 21, 2015
Pekadust:

Everything in Nigeria is either APC or PDP, Moslem of Christian. Stop dividing Nigeria if some pple prefer APC, u don't need to be pained by it ha!!!! Seems Ngozi had made ur own economy good, , pple that have issues with her r complaining and u r giving insults

You don't need to reply that f.o.o.l
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by gare(f): 10:08am On May 21, 2015
zicoraads:
Jobless APC apologists.
Jobless dults...the whole lot of them!
Your mates are working and thinking of bettering their lives, and even being recognised for their achievements, some jobless noisemakers and useless Iguanas are babbling for Yale to withdraw what?

Keep making noise on nairaland why she keeps getting international recognition. I don't know if some of these illiterates think the awards from Yale is the same as that which is given to individuals by Nigerian Universities. Senselessness!

Thank you for your contribution, I am sick and tired of all this APC people, they feel like those from PDP are devils and don't know what to do, Yale is one of the best schools in the world and for them to bestow and award on her they must have seen something she has accomplished, so what do you think you know and have written that will make them withdraw the award, due diligence was carried out before the award, so waste your time instead of celebrating her you out her destroying her but still your APC President is asking for TIPS for the same failed government I thought they new it all and had answers to Nigeria's problem, we should try and grow up to build the country together rather than tear it apart, because that is what this APC government are doing, you cant tell me that all PDP led government did is all bad, moreover the people in APC shout where part of the PDP Government, so i wonder when they all became saints.

we should all grow up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by omoola007(m): 10:08am On May 21, 2015
i agree she observed corruption and aid nothing. she could have honourably resigned and being a whistle blower but for her own personal gains she kept quiet while people lied and stole. the economy is in worse shape and there is no clear way out. As we speak she owes petroleum marketers an unreconciled amount of money. how are you a world class minister when you cannot simple reconcile how much you owe your biggest clients...she has done well in the past but the last four years she has been the voice of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by CecyAdrian(f): 10:08am On May 21, 2015
christopher123:
To be honest and frank, Yoruba obsession with anything IGBO is becoming nausating and sickening...this is what they are known for - PULL HIM DOWN SYNDROME. Yes the mod can ban me but I must be frank about this. This man is NOBODY AND NOT WORTHY TO WASH NGOZI panties....other tribes have known the jealousy and pull him down threat of these south western people(Not all but Most of them)

What is wrong with these people, they had the opportunity to be great tribe but they messed it up dancing owambe and owo mi da

They had opportunity during colonial times, they messed it up with lagos crowd
another opportunity during biafra war..they messed it up with complacency
another opportunity presented itself after baifra war and indinization decree...they still messed it up

Igbos bounced back and took over the economic and educational space, they are hating

This is becoming annoying I must say

I am sorry if i hurt anybody but the truth must be known...MOST YORUBAS ARE BACKSTABBERS AND PULL HIM DOWN PEOPLE

Have a great day
Am proudly Igbo and I do not believe anything u just typed.

Why try to use tribal sentiment to cover an evil act. Or are you trying to say Aunty Ngozi deserves d award. Or just because she is Igbo, then we all should turn blind eye?
You are just a tribal bigot

7 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by nsyforreal: 10:09am On May 21, 2015
xtophy:
if dem no withdraw am, go and help dem...mtechwww

some people are so daft.don't mind them.how on earth do they think they will withdraw award given to her.Nigerians are so funny.

who are the idiots thinking that the award will be withdrawn.my brother leave them alone,don't think they have sense.

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by onlyson16(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2015
Taylor86:
The petition was filed by one Sunday Iwalaiye through the world's largest petition platform Change.org (An online platform where individuals can start a campaign and mobilise hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making government bodies and company responsive and accountable).

"YALE UNIVERSITY GAVE ITS PRESTIGIOUS HONORARY DOCTORATE DEGREE TO AN UNDESERVING NIGERIAN"

:Ngozi Iweala, the outgoing Nigeria's finance minister was awarded a honorary doctorate degree by Yale University on May 15, 2015. The citation from the Yale University reads:"Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Doctor of Humane Letters. You are a citizenof your country, your continent, and the world. Shaped by challenging experiences during your childhood in Nigeria, you have made social and economic reform your mission. As Nigeria’s coordinating minister of economic development and minister of finance, you have tackled corruption, created a vision and path to long-term economic stability, and worked to build a culture of transparency. At the World Bank, you made food securitya priority and provided policy adviceand capital for the world’s poorest countries. With wisdom, a fierce dedication to doing what is right, and unflagging energy, you have transformed the economic landscape of your nation. We are proud to name you Doctor of Humane Letter"This citation from the Yale University does not reflect nor represent everything that has happened under the watch and the supervision of the Nigerian economy by Ngozi Iweala as the nation's finance minister.

There is no tangible evidence of any economic development in Nigeria under the leadership of Ngozi Iweala in all reality. Nigeria's economy is still an oil-dependent economy that is debt and borrowingridden as well as 100% consuming and importing in nature. Nigeria's debt profile has risen rapidly under Ngozi Iweala and Nigeria has borrowed over $2 billion in the last four months alone to pay salaries ofthe federal and state civil servants.Our foreign reserves and excess crude oil accounts have both depleted heavily under Ngozi Iweala. The recurrent expenditures in the federal budgets reached the highest levels which made capital development practically impossible in Nigeria under Ngozi Iweala. The board of regents of this ivy league school missed it completely by awarding their prestigious honorarydoctorate degree to an undeserving Nigerian in all truth, honesty and reality. The Nigeria's economy has remained the same under Ngozi Iweala without any evidence of its diversity from oil.

The Nigerian Naira crashed to its lowest value in its history under Ngozi Iweala. The true picture that Yale University missed is the fact that the economy of Nigeria has almost grounded to its final halt today which will makes its a daunting task for the incoming administration of General Muhammadu Buhari to meet its campaign promises.The menace of official corruption and financial scandals have both reached their peaks in Nigeria underNgozi Iweala. A central bank governor was fired for disclosing that $20 billion was missing from the federal coffers and this allegation was investigated in a shady and questionable manner. The oil subsidy scam that cheated Nigeria's tax payers of trillions of Naira was coordinated and supervised by Ngozi Iweala. The culture of official corruption and state resource mismanagement were both honored, celebrated, protected and defended under the leadership of Ngozi Iweala as the supervising coordinator of the Nigerian economy. To give a honorary doctorate degree to an undeserving Nigerian by this world's reknown university is the biggest slap on the faces of the 180 million Nigerians in 2015.

I am using this social medium to appeal to the board of regents of this prestigious university to withdraw this honorary degree that they awarded to this Nigerian immediately and without any furtherdelay for the sake of posterity.

https://www.change.org/p/yale-university-withdraw-the-honorary-doctorate-degree-given-to-ngozi-iweala-of-nigeria?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5454584854
he must be very stupid

3 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by speakerraw(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2015
Mr petitioner that never sees anything good in other people, may you be richly blessed by "satan". May you never b acknowledged for any good you do, no matter how significant. (ENEMY OF PROGRESS)
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Gboliwe: 10:11am On May 21, 2015
Chai! Too many haters waiting on death row! Tua!!!!!!
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by lastmessenger: 10:11am On May 21, 2015
Op do you think Yale university is Unibadan?

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Dee60: 10:11am On May 21, 2015
The ward is to NOI and not to GEJ

GEJ should be held responsible for what happenned in his government.

Yale cannot be bought with money.

They must have seen the merits we dont see.

We accept the ward for one of our own best.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by titus3: 10:11am On May 21, 2015
LOL! Pure beef.

Abeg Yale has chosen to honor her so let her be jare. Afterall its an honorary degree, they can award it to whoever they want.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by dandoki: 10:14am On May 21, 2015
Ngozi Iweala is undoubtedly the worst thing that happened to Nigeria in recent years. However she may have been playing out the scripts of those that think she deserves a honourary doctorate.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Legitbaba(m): 10:14am On May 21, 2015
Caseless:
Good!

That text-book-economist of a woman that is bereft of practical application and good policies does not even deserve to be awarded a 'certificate of attendance' not to talk of the honorary one.

She helped that clueless effete to lead us to the hypabyssal of economic quagmire and epilepsy. angry
Idiot...go take d award na if she no worth am

1 Like

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Keegan: 10:15am On May 21, 2015
timilehing:
In all considerations, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala deserves nothing like this. She, in partner with that clueless fisherman siphon Nigeria to the last. The cashless policy she introduced is a plan to enriched themselves without having to move money around.

She doesn't deserved to be called Mrs self not to talk of Dr

She is a total failure, just simple as that. Fela was right after all when he sang that oyinbo will look for a man or woman with low mentality who would be their puppet.
Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by drake22: 10:19am On May 21, 2015
CecyAdrian:

Am proudly Igbo and I do not believe anything u just typed.

Why try to use tribal sentiment to cover an evil act. Or are you trying to say Aunty Ngozi deserves d award. Or just because she is Igbo, then we all should turn blind eye?
You are just a tribal bigot
Another useless buffon claiming Igbo. Why are you guys always jelous of anything Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by IbroKG: 10:20am On May 21, 2015
Caseless:
Good!

Re: Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of by Nobody: 10:22am On May 21, 2015
Caseless:
Good!

That is so right. I am happy the drama has begun. Mrs. Ngozi is a massive disappointment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Passes Bills Establishing 3 Universities / 7 Things Nigerian Students Can Do While ASUU Is On Strike / Jamb Utme 2012/2013 Registration Has Commenced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.