Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,477 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:10 PM

How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly (41763 Views)

Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Help Union Bank Unjustly Terminated My Appointment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by phkka1(m): 7:44am On May 21, 2015
This our change idealogy should be extended to this slave trade nicknamed casualisation.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 7:44am On May 21, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Nigeria Labour Congress is a disgrace to the Masses.... in fact it is as useless as my poo. This is Modern Slavery
My brother, your poo is still more useful than NLC, it can be used to make manure.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rightthing276: 7:46am On May 21, 2015
DivineU:
@rightthing276, what moral right do you have to call people junk heads? Do you think you are better than them or are you part of the HR team that appraised or assessed them? You should really work on your character and learn how to respect your colleagues.
Take a Chill pill and read again. These people were as good as Lazy and got upgraded grades not by their efforts but by the exit of their colleagues.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by mightycrown1(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2015
THE RICH NEVER WANT THE POOR TO RISE BUT CAN USE THEM TO ANY LENGTH. MAKING BLOOD MONEY IS NOT UNTIL YOU SHED BLOOD. GOD IS WATCHING O

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Lincoln275(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2015
hmmmmmm! its everywhere, imagine i went to meet one permanent secretary of one ministry of works for job and he said no problem i should come and resume on monday but i will b paying 8k every month pending d time dey will staff me , i was so depressed that day . me wey b say i dey collect 60k for where i dey manage.

8 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by epelumi42(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
exactly....and one will still have to write all the shl's and dragnets just to go suffer like a slave...

And just what is the NLC doing? Dragnet, shl; honestly, Its annoying. The greed in Nigeria is really a pain. No one cares about another unless it ll give smile to his pocket.

God will see us through it all, I pray.

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by olayinkaj2(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2015
Useless and good for nothing banks. You see all the boss earning big armed rubber salary, overseas trips and they will be treating other junior staff as a slave. Yeye banks.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by jomson: 7:49am On May 21, 2015
It is important that this burning issue is taken directly to Central Bank and the Banks themselves. #BankSlaveryinNG is already live. Join the conversation and mention Banks with real issues. Nigeria must be better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Xslaze3xd(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2015
you are correct brother..... manure or feeding of fish@river things

0rex:

My brother, your poo is still more useful than NLC, it can be used to make manure.

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by olareed(m): 7:52am On May 21, 2015
olasmith10:
we should just create an hastag and expose dis heartless idiots called bank ceos...even if the economy is so bad. u shouldn't promise what u can't offer..
#WhyIsAccessBankLying

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by kingstylo01(m): 7:53am On May 21, 2015
Najwal:

Inshort ehhhh u no lie ooo notin pass be your own boss and work at yr own pace without issues from anybody.
#fact. Be the boss
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by nnamdibig(m): 7:55am On May 21, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Nigeria Labour Congress is a disgrace to the Masses.... in fact it is as useless as my poo. This is Modern Slavery
At least ur poo is a manure....not as useless as NLC.
I still blame out young graduates for this slavery, you are looking for a white collar job of 40k a month while keke drivers are making 100k a month with no treats of sack and all that nonsense you face in the so called office.

5 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 7:55am On May 21, 2015
Evil men.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by princefaculty(m): 7:58am On May 21, 2015
Nigerian fake big men & their self-centredness, they won't give incentives to boost ones moraale on the job,meanwhile most of them will go as far as not even paying one for the months He's worked--- I'm talking out of experience.

They feel they've got it all & won't be needing help someday but I tell u even if not for themselves, their children will someday seek for help right before their eyes & they won't be able to render any as it will be beyond. Thats the law of karma.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by omoiseselagba: 7:59am On May 21, 2015
tchidi:
cry cry
I got to the last stage of UBA's recruitment, but never heard from them! I was hurt! But now, I'm so glad it didn't work out! I'm in a much better place. smiley

These Banks are like slave houses! angry angry angry
it depends on d level of d employment and your qualification.if bsc and it is nt a contract stuff i will advice u go for it or see it through.but if na ND HND thing.omo na slavery.been der.

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by olasmith10(m): 8:00am On May 21, 2015
olareed:
#WhyIsAccessBankLying

Gaskiya
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by gozmok1(m): 8:01am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=rightthing276 post=33945400]First of all, I want to start by saying I created this Account, just to remain annonymous for now.

My story

In May 2014, Access Bank started A Project called Project ART. The ART means Account Reactivation Team.

Access Bank recruited DSAs (Via various Out sourcing firms)from All over Nigeria with the job function of Reactivating and opening New Accounts. They made all sorts of promises to us which I would highlight below

The Bank said, We would be paid a basic salary of 40,000Naira. Every other extra earnings would come from incentives. The incentive structure was thus, if you open or reactivate an account and the customer takes an ATM card, you get 100 naira, if a customer subscribes for Mobile Banking, another 100 naira, if they subscribe for internet banking, Another 100 naira. Meaning, a DSA can make as much as 300 naira per account. So if I'm able to sign on like 1000 accounts in a month, I can make as much as 200,000 after gathering and counting my 100 Naira. This was really a good deal

The bank set the monthly target at 200 accounts and said, if you can achieve above 200 accounts, that's an A* (A star) grade for the month, if by 6 months, you get an A* in your appraisal, you will get an ipad and a recommendation letter for being outstanding and if by the end of one year, you get an A*

In your annual appraisal, you will be sent to Access bank training school and converted to a full staff of Access bank.
The MD of Access Bank himself, Herbert Wigwe, came out himself and addressed DSAs, highlighting and affirming all these promises, So we were to be sure that it wasn't another recruitment scam.

Hearing all these good news from the horse's mouth was really a spur and so there and then, a lot of us made up our minds to succeed.

So we started work and a lot of people hit and surpassed the targets, you should have seen the way my colleagues worked hard, opening accounts; I mean ALL kinds: Salary , students, regulars, co-operates etc. Some people even travelled outside Lagos to open accounts and get deals. It was that serious.

NB: The DSAs where placed under the supervision of full staff, each team had 10 DSAs and 3 proffessional staff. The structure was, The DSAs would source for the accounts and tag it to the MIS codes of the full staff, meaning, if I work, it would count for some one else in the bank, so basicaly, the full staff would just sit down and be pressing computer, inside AC,while the DSAs would do the Hustling.

[b]Two months into the job, Access bank reduced the basic salary from 40 to 35,000

This is wickedness in highest order ,cleaners in first bank hw much is there salary

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by ammyxx(f): 8:01am On May 21, 2015
part of the reasons why i dislike working in the bank

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by bisi1: 8:02am On May 21, 2015
These banks have learnt a new one. They should at least pay minimum wage

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by olaglamour(f): 8:02am On May 21, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Nigeria Labour Congress is a disgrace to the Masses.... in fact it is more useless than my poo. This is Modern Slavery
Mr. Your poo is useful, it can be used as manure on farmland. NLC is more useless than letter P in psychology

4 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by HRich(m): 8:03am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=rightthing276 post=33945400]First of all, I want to start by saying I created this Account, just to remain annonymous for now.

My story

In May 2014, Access Bank started A Project called Project ART. The ART means Account Reactivation Team.

Access Bank recruited DSAs (Via various Out sourcing firms)from All over Nigeria with the job function of Reactivating and opening New Accounts. They made all sorts of promises to us which I would highlight below

The Bank said, We would be paid a basic salary of 40,000Naira. Every other extra earnings would come from incentives. The incentive structure was thus, if you open or reactivate an account and the customer takes an ATM card, you get 100 naira, if a customer subscribes for Mobile Banking, another 100 naira, if they subscribe for internet banking, Another 100 naira. Meaning, a DSA can make as much as 300 naira per account. So if I'm able to sign on like 1000 accounts in a month, I can make as much as 200,000 after gathering and counting my 100 Naira. This was really a good deal

The bank set the monthly target at 200 accounts and said, if you can achieve above 200 accounts, that's an A* (A star) grade for the month, if by 6 months, you get an A* in your appraisal, you will get an ipad and a recommendation letter for being outstanding and if by the end of one year, you get an A*

In your annual appraisal, you will be sent to Access bank training school and converted to a full staff of Access bank.
The MD of Access Bank himself, Herbert Wigwe, came out himself and addressed DSAs, highlighting and affirming all these promises, So we were to be sure that it wasn't another recruitment scam.

Hearing all these good news from the horse's mouth was really a spur and so there and then, a lot of us made up our minds to succeed.

So we started work and a lot of people hit and surpassed the targets, you should have seen the way my colleagues worked hard, opening accounts; I mean ALL kinds: Salary , students, regulars, co-operates etc. Some people even travelled outside Lagos to open accounts and get deals. It was that serious.

NB: The DSAs where placed under the supervision of full staff, each team had 10 DSAs and 3 proffessional staff. The structure was, The DSAs would source for the accounts and tag it to the MIS codes of the full staff, meaning, if I work, it would count for some one else in the bank, so basicaly, the full staff would just sit down and be pressing computer, inside AC,while the DSAs would do the Hustling.

Two months into the job, Access bank reduced the basic salary from 40 to 35,000 naira, giving reasons that it was a deduction for health insurance and till today, we did not sign any papers to that effect. Lots of people couldn't take it and so they resigned, infact, that was when the project started loosing core materials(human Assets).

Some people held on, for the hope ahead. By the 3rd month, lots of people were on A*, they met and surpassed the Target. So Access bank maybe did profit and loss and increased the target to 400 accounts a month.

This was the point where I feared my colleagues. There was this girl, Goodness from VI team, that girl is good! There were others like Otaigbe same VI team, there was Lara, Ikeja team, Mayowa too and there was this other born-again girl like that. I call this one Principality mehn! Her name Esther from Apapa team. I think by the end of the project, she was the over all best, I mean National best. I heard her grade was around 150%. That's like an A superstar. She was a game changer and I admired her secretly.

Meanwhile, the first set of incentives came in the 3rd month which was july, the second set came in September so you can imagine people feeding off on 35k for like two months. By the time the incentive started coming in, it was nothing to write home about: people were getting as low as 3000, 6000, 1500. Someone even got 100 naira as I heard. Customers where not funding the accounts immediately, others didn't want ATM cards.

By October, the 3rd set of incentive was suppose to be out and paid, that was were we got the bulkest of incentives since the beginning of the Project. At least, I saw mine was arround 31k but guess what? It has not been paid even as we speak! Since October 2014.

Not just Access bank. But most banks are takn people for granted this days. You wouldnt blame them though. Since there's no work in the country.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by KEMELU: 8:03am On May 21, 2015
This is an intergrity issue as well.To me, they are not faithful.
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by rightthing276: 8:04am On May 21, 2015
olareed:
#WhyIsAccessBankLying

If this # tag thing can be achieved, I'm sure it wud go a long way to help the suituation. Pls I'm not on twitter but I'd be glad if u guys can help me achieve this. #Access Bank fufil your promises to The Project ART DSAa. If dat can work
Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by kayspax(m): 8:05am On May 21, 2015
Access bank are criminal , even their recruitment process for the core staff is hell! angry some times i wish this top mgt teams who make empty promises like this get punished #jungleJustice. OLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 8:06am On May 21, 2015
bablononi:
Banks banks banks.i rada start doing ajo self.atleast u will see the woman passing everyday,TRANSPARENCY undecided
cheesy if she fails to "pass" someday nko grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by onatisi(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2015
Naija is the easiest place in the world to make money ,all u need is a product. Just employ ppl give them a sales target of 5million naira and a salary of 50k and they will work their asses off for you. Whereas they can do the same thing for themselves if only they can just sit down and get an idea.

5 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by pomide(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2015
35k?? very poor. First Club DJ job I had in d university payed 50k a month. plus 'basic allowance' from home lol.

Point is, try to learn something extra, gonna help u at the earlier stage of life!

3 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by Nobody: 8:09am On May 21, 2015
I thought I would close my account at that useless bank for the way they treat fellow Nigerians..but hearing this, it seems many of them do it.

I wouldn't know which one to leave for.

Take heart my people o. I can't help in d way I wanted to.

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by tolustx(m): 8:09am On May 21, 2015
Helkayklassic:
We've heard from UBA, FCMB and now Access...Which bank do u think is next?

Lets wait and see.
I think Ecobank and Sterling bank will be next. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by help3852: 8:09am On May 21, 2015
Behold most of the complaints about banks are with DSA.

If you are taking a DSA job, just know what you are taking and do it for experience. don't stake your future there.

If you don't like the terms please reject the offer.
Always ensure that every agreement is properly documented.

If you go to court you may still lose, if you have no signed documents backing your claims.

Nigerians should learn to reject some job offers no matter how financially incapacitated you are.
Else these greedy organizations will continue to prey on you.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly by eluquenson(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2015
I can never enjoin my enemy to apply for a bank DSA job cos it's like a modern slavery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professional American Funeral Crier/mourner Lists His Crying Charges On Facebook / How Much Is Your Current Salary? / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.