Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. (29571 Views)

Female UNILAG Student Slumps & Dies After Clubbing With A Man / Lagos Doctor Dies After Attending To Patient (photo) / Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. (WHAT A HERO!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by UnknownSource: 7:09am On May 21, 2015
LAGOS—A security man, simply identified as Thompson, has died after drinking a bottle of a popular alcoholic drink and smoking five sticks of cigarette in two minutes, which were the terms of a bet he entered into with others he met at a joint. The incident happened at Agege area of Lagos on May 7, after the deceased bought bottles of Ogogoro (local gin) for his drinking companions, who then challenged him to finish a bottle of bitters and smoke five sticks of cigarette within a stipulated time.

If he had won, the friends would have paid for everything he consumed. Vanguard gathered that after agreeing to the terms, the deceased opened the bottle of bitters, drank it in less than two minutes, smoked two sticks of cigarette, stood up and began to walk away. His friend’s story His friend, 28-year-old Earnest Joseph, who had gone out with him said:

“At about 8am, Thompson returned from his security guard job, went inside his room and slept. “Later in the afternoon, two of his friends came. So I prepared Eba because he had soup and we all ate. We went out to a nearby local hot drink vendor, popularly called Tee Sugar. Thompson bought N50 quantity of Dongoyaro and N30 sachet of Chelsea for each of us. “From there we went to another vendor in the neighbourhood and met some of Thompson’s friends from his home town. He ordered for two full bottles of local gin, Ogogoro, which we drank together. “As soon as we finished consuming the first bottle, Thompson and his relatives began to speak their local dialect, which I do not understand. “All of a sudden, the vendor brought a big bottle of bitters. I asked Thompson if he was the one that ordered for the bottle. He said his friends ordered it and that he wants to prove to them that he can drink a bottle of Alomo Bitters and five sticks of cigarettes.

“I tried to stop him but he drank it in less than two minutes, smoked two sticks of cigarette and decided to leave. His relatives called him back to smoke the remaining three.” Trouble He said trouble started as soon as he finished the fifth stick. He reportedly became uncomfortable, staggering, sweating profusely and breathing heavily as he walked away. Joseph said he took Thompson home on okada. He was said to have vomited several times and then died at about 8p.m. in his room. Joseph said:

“I was arrested because I was the one that brought him home in that condition.” Confirming the incident, Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Kenneth Nwosu, said the suspect has been arrested and the case transferred to the Homicide Division of the Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba, Lagos -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/security-guard-dies-after-winning-drinking-smoking-bet/#sthash.2QN8yXBd.dpuf
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Jadonaldson(m): 7:10am On May 21, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] front page finz let there be me and there was me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Nobody: 7:12am On May 21, 2015
Something must kill a man grin

31 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by dhardline(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2015
Poverty na BASTARD angry angry

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by politricks: 7:16am On May 21, 2015
You wanted to prove to your friends that you can drink and smoke 5 cigarettes in 2 mins but ended up proving your stupidity which eventually cost you your life. Dear Nairalanders, be careful of the friends you keep, if only they did not force Thompson, he would have been alive by now. I suggest they get arrested.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by shakazuldadon: 7:19am On May 21, 2015
1 big bottle of Alonso bitters under 2mins... shocked

5 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by CountDracula(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2015
Drunken master

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by alberto2k(m): 7:23am On May 21, 2015
Choi! Now shey u don die leave the money go? undecided
mtcheeew!
RIP to the dead tho
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by iPopAlomo(m): 7:46am On May 21, 2015
Lool... the guy best my record by 28 minutes... but it's all good... as soon as you wake up from dying... I want a rematch...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by akunjohn(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2015
Na d tin wey hin sabi chop na hin kill am...

Ogogoro wey dem don ban 4 some state na hin u con dey drink dey form so?

See ya life.

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Nobody: 7:56am On May 21, 2015
I pity the dude sha. He was just trying to be a Gee. Well. . . I guess it's a lesson for everyone. Alcohol can kill instantly when abused.

I remember a guy I knew who shut down in the toilet for more than 10hrs for drinking 1 small bottle of alomo bitters. . . even though it wasn't his first time drinking.

Perhaps all those alcohol and bitters should come with serving instructions just like the energy drinks. . . The Ministry of Health can enforce that if they look into it.

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 21, 2015
Ok...“I tried to stop him but he drank it in less than two minutes, smoked two sticks of cigarette and decided to leave. His relatives called him back to smoke the remaining three.” He said, trouble started as soon as he finished the fifth stick grin shocked.

"Thompson bought N50 quantity of Dongoyaro and N30 sachet of Chelsea for each of us". These products are cheap but food is expensive in the country. This government sef

11 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Sijo01(f): 12:10pm On May 21, 2015
lol......... Some people stupiid sha

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by admax(m): 12:11pm On May 21, 2015
One soul lost to the devil......*crying*

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 21, 2015
smiley #TeamiDontSmoke #TeamiDontDrink grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 21, 2015
And that was how his village people completed the assignment and dusted their hands.

24 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Built2last: 12:12pm On May 21, 2015
The useless reasons people die daily is appauling
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2015
An Adage Says " Ise ki pa eniyan,Ayo ni pa eniyan" We only have one life to live...

Be careful if God is protecting you.. Protect yourself too

10 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by BUSHHUNTER: 12:12pm On May 21, 2015
Please how much can one plot of land cost in ketu

Anyone with useful information please
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by emmyw(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2015
Where is going now?
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by brownlord: 12:13pm On May 21, 2015
So I prepared Eba because he had soup [/b]and we all ate. We went out to a nearby local hot drink vendor, popularly called Tee Sugar. b]Thompson bought N50 quantity of Dongoyaro and N30 sachet of Chelsea for each of us “From there we went to another vendor in the neighbourhood and met some of Thompson’s friends from his home town. He ordered for two full bottles of local gin, Ogogoro, which we drank together.

Thompson was the wealthiest among his friends and relatives even though the whole money spent was not up to 500 naira.

Meanwhile also very generous, wonder why good people don't last.

Nlanders moral of the story, if you don't kill poverty, poverty will kill you.

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by eleko1: 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
undecided sad stop drinking Kerewa,Ogidiga,Ori Malu,Origin and all those poison drink.Health is wealth. sad

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by omoadeleye(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
oh
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
They never learn
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Bonapart(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2015
Don't dance with the devil when you're not prepared

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by dorin27(f): 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
sadChai
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Buchukwu: 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
This stuff can only happen in the zoological republic of Nigeria
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Youngzedd(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
Eko oni baje....

Only in Lagos, funny people. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by asumo12: 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by youngds: 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
undecided
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by tabisegroup(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2015
Re: Security Guard Dies After Winning Drinking, Smoking Bet. by Ignyte(m): 12:16pm On May 21, 2015
No be 80 naira go kill me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Diets Pregnant Women Should Avoid / Lady Died After Her Husband Refused To Allow Doctors Take Out Her Ruptured Womb / Engineering Graduate Drowns In Delta River 3 Months After Completing NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.